3It was OK
14.6%
2Disliked it
7.3%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.2
41 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Playmaker's link summoning was well executed but the way they animate the summoning itself is giving me some weird vibes now.

Overall, I think this duel was pretty good considering the powerful spell cards used. Only distractingconcept in in this series is the data storm thing. I hope that doesn't happen too often in future duels. That Onizuka guy fought well tbh. The battle was like a duel in the ring between two warriors.
Stark700Jun 8, 2017 6:12 AM
Jun 7, 2017 3:02 AM

Aug 2015
Play links they said, you won't be able to spam they said...
But man was the triple attack scene nice.Now I need to find a gif with decode talker's finishing scene.Except for that, not much to say about the ep, except for, as OP said, I hope Storm Access gets used a little less after Yuusaku pulls Firewall.

Good luck surviving against trickstars next ep.
Jun 7, 2017 6:55 AM
Sep 2012
So the Yusaku / Onizuka duel ended the way I expected. With Yusaku having a chance to escape but out of respect of Onizuka's desires and / or just because he is having fun, he declines and finishes the duel.

I thought they were going for a tie, but Yusaku comes from behind to win, but Onizuka's looks good and regains the orphans respect. I am disappointed after the duel that Yusaku did not help Onizuka as a gesture of good sportsmen ship, he just left, that is kind of a turn off, I guess he is not the type of guy who keeps himself at a distance from others. If other Yu Gi Oh protagonist even Yusei would have done that, just saying.

So next episode, as I thought it is Aoi's turn to encounter Yusaku. And a couple or shocking reveals in the previews, first of all Aoi is the sister of the SOL Technology guy Akira. I am not sure if it is a Yu Gi Oh trope, but an old trope the good guy little sister and the misguided and villain big brother. And Yusaku knows Blue Angel's identity. With Onizuka not having a secret identity and knowing Aoi is Blue Angel, when he is ready to have allies, it would be easier to form a team, but I don't know how long until Yusaku is ready to accept he can't do this alone.
Jun 7, 2017 7:04 AM
Jun 2011
blfan said:
So the Yusaku / Onizuka duel ended the way I expected. With Yusaku having a chance to escape but out of respect of Onizuka's desires and / or just because he is having fun, he declines and finishes the duel.

I thought they were going for a tie, but Yusaku comes from behind to win, but Onizuka's looks good and regains the orphans respect. I am disappointed after the duel that Yusaku did not help Onizuka as a gesture of good sportsmen ship, he just left, that is kind of a turn off, I guess he is not the type of guy who keeps himself at a distance from others. If other Yu Gi Oh protagonist even Yusei would have done that, just saying.

So next episode, as I thought it is Aoi's turn to encounter Yusaku. And a couple or shocking reveals in the previews, first of all Aoi is the sister of the SOL Technology guy Akira. I am not sure if it is a Yu Gi Oh trope, but an old trope the good guy little sister and the misguided and villain big brother. And Yusaku knows Blue Angel's identity. With Onizuka not having a secret identity and knowing Aoi is Blue Angel, when he is ready to have allies, it would be easier to form a team, but I don't know how long until Yusaku is ready to accept he can't do this alone.
this trope was not used much in yugioh from what i seen. also if you look at her face at the end of the preview she shows a very strong determation to prove to her brother and that she will be reconized by him.
Jun 7, 2017 8:37 AM
Sep 2012
elior1 said:
blfan said:

this trope was not used much in yugioh from what i seen. also if you look at her face at the end of the preview she shows a very strong determation to prove to her brother and that she will be reconized by him.

And that is another trope right there, younger sibling trying to prove themselves to their older sibling they are no weak.
Jun 7, 2017 9:12 AM
Jul 2015
Yusaku is a big tsundere after all.The last and this episode isn't interesting for me.Next episode looks interesting and we finally get to see Aoi in real life and her in action.

I hope she isn't brainwashed and Specter just manipulate her because its to early for her to get brainwashed.She will get brainwashed at some point but not now.Brainwashing trope has became common for every female leads.Anzu was brainwashed by Marik,Asuka by Saiou,Aki by Divine,Kotori by barians and Yuzu by doctor.

Aoi looks serious and determined in preview when she is facing playmaker the duel will likely start in the end of episode.Aoi really needs her ni sans love and her love for ni-san is very serious and it will play a major part in her character development.

Who knows maybe Akira will also get brainwashed at some point.Brainwashing trope has also become common with the older brothers who have younger sisters in ygo just like the female leads.All the older brothers in ygo who have younger sisters also got brainwashed at some point just like the female leads.Joey got brainwashed by Malik,Fubuki got brainwashed by darkness,Leo got brainwashed by Rex in manga and Shark got brainwashed by Tron.Shun is the only one who didnt suffer this trope but who knows he will get brainwashed in manga like Leo.

I hope Aoi and Yusaku starts of as rivals and then they become friends.
Jun 7, 2017 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
saeryukgki said:
Yusaku is a big tsundere after all.The last and this episode isn't interesting for me.Next episode looks interesting and we finally get to see Aoi in real life and her in action.

I hope she isn't brainwashed and Specter just manipulate her because its to early for her to get brainwashed.She will get brainwashed at some point but not now.Brainwashing trope has became common for every female leads.Anzu was brainwashed by Marik,Asuka by Saiou,Aki by Divine,Kotori by barians and Yuzu by doctor.

Aoi looks serious and determined in preview when she is facing playmaker the duel will likely start in the end of episode.Aoi really needs her ni sans love and her love for ni-san is very serious and it will play a major part in her character development.

Who knows maybe Akira will also get brainwashed at some point.Brainwashing trope has also become common with the older brothers who have younger sisters in ygo just like the female leads.All the older brothers in ygo who have younger sisters also got brainwashed at some point just like the female leads.Joey got brainwashed by Malik,Fubuki got brainwashed by darkness,Leo got brainwashed by Rex in manga and Shark got brainwashed by Tron.Shun is the only one who didnt suffer this trope but who knows he will get brainwashed in manga like Leo.

From the PV, she doesn't look like she got brainwashed or anything. Specter probably just recommended/motivated/manipulated her to do something to lure out Yusaku. I'm thinking that Specter may act with his own agenda in mind because Revolver seems want duel with Yusaku personally rather than using some tricks.

Yusaku will probably become ally with SOL at some point in the future if he can become friend with Aoi/Blue Angel.

For now I'm looking forward to see Trickstar in action. It is the best and the most popular deck out of all new decks from Link era right now.
Marina2Jun 7, 2017 9:44 AM
Jun 7, 2017 9:58 AM
Jun 2011
Marina2 said:
saeryukgki said:

From the PV, she doesn't look like she got brainwashed or anything. Specter probably just recommended/motivated/manipulated her to do something to lure out Yusaku. I'm thinking that Specter may act with his own agenda in mind because Revolver seems want duel with Yusaku personally rather than using some tricks.

Yusaku will probably become ally with SOL at some point in the future if he can become friend with Aoi/Blue Angel.

For now I'm looking forward to see Trickstar in action. It is the best and the most popular deck out of all new decks from Link era right now.
i agree. it looks like more determation to prove herself to her brother and not a brainwashing
Jun 7, 2017 9:59 AM
Jul 2015
Marina2 said:
saeryukgki said:

Aren't the SOLS real big bad of the show their is a theory going on like that.The KOH could be anti heroes since they are hackers like Yusaku.SOL are against of hackers like KOH and Playmaker.

I see Yusaku allying with Aoi at some point but not SOL.In next episode looks like he will investigate Aoi and knows that she is Akira's sister.He will probably go after SOL at some point.

I just hope Aoi gets to win against Yusaku she really deserves to win since Yoshida is the writer he is going make her get her ass kicked for purpose.Yusaku is going to have some tough time facing with trickstars.I have played that deck and its like a burn archetype to me.
Jun 7, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2016
quadruple link summon lol, isn't that even more spammy than yuya's pendulum?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 7, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
saeryukgki said:
Marina2 said:

Aren't the SOLS real big bad of the show their is a theory going on like that.The KOH could be anti heroes since they are hackers like Yusaku.SOL are against of hackers like KOH and Playmaker.

I see Yusaku allying with Aoi at some point but not SOL.In next episode looks like he will investigate Aoi and knows that she is Akira's sister.He will probably go after SOL at some point.

I just hope Aoi gets to win against Yusaku she really deserves to win since Yoshida is the writer he is going make her get her ass kicked for purpose.Yusaku is going to have some tough time facing with trickstars.I have played that deck and its like a burn archetype to me.

- If KoH is really anti-hero, doesn't the fact that they want to destroy Cyberse means Ignis and other A.I. are actually the true evil? (and those on top of SOL want their power.) It will be cool plot twist, BTW.

- Duel with Trickstar should be fun to see in anime. I want to see how will Aoi/Blue Angel act while using them too.

Jun 7, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
That yusaku link combo and he could've done a ton more if he wanted to XD
That annihilation spell effect is kinda broken too, just put down a 500atk monster and it beats a 4000atk monster plus damage effect if you don't have a way to keep your monster on the field.
Jun 7, 2017 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
other than the hilarious repetitive 4 link summons in a row this was a pretty fun duel especially with the cuts to the monsters fighting in a ring, I like that each double k.o. they gave to eachother had a unique animation to it rather than just showing a basic punch.

Looks like aoi finally gets some spotlight next ep, surprise yusaku already finds out shes blue angel.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 7, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2016
Quadruple Link Summon in one turn, it was like I was watching a YgoPro replay.

Pretty good duel, the wrestling stuff doesn't quite interest me as much as it used to back in the day.

I thought the ending was great, the kids still loving Go was a good moment.

Definitely looking to the next episode with Aoi/Blue Angel.

Keen to see her Trickstar monsters in action after seeing quite a few relentless burn combos on YouTube.
Jun 7, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
I really love this series. Yusaku is badass.
Next week, Aoi's turn. I can't wait for that.
Jun 8, 2017 1:17 AM
Aug 2015
I like how it focused on Go in the last two episodes without cramming in the other main characters! Lets hope they do the same with Blue Angel
Jun 8, 2017 3:47 AM

Feb 2013
This duel was really great!
Jun 8, 2017 4:17 AM

May 2014
Cool episode but I'm disliking the art sometimes, it looks too stoic.
The fight and animation between Decode and Ogre was great though, it feels like they're forcing the number 3 thing with Yusaku, the end with Onizuka was really cheesy and those kids turned from stupid (For plot purposes) to kind in a few minutes.. Meh, Idk what but I'm not feeling the series much.

Jun 8, 2017 6:06 AM

Mar 2012
I like the stylistic choice in the duel. And as always the stoic and noisy combo Playmaker and Ignis really is entertaining.

Next is Aoi turn facing Playmaker. I wonder how well Trickster combo will translate into anime without making it chore to watch like when you play it on YGOPro.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 8, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Yuusaku won the duel as expected with a pretty insane Link Summoning spam combo, Damn. xD

That Annihilation spell card is also pretty strong, even if the card can only be equipped to Cyberse monster you can easily turn around duels.

It was nice of the kids to congratulate Go at the end. :)
Jun 8, 2017 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
other than the hilarious repetitive 4 link summons in a row this was a pretty fun duel especially with the cuts to the monsters fighting in a ring, I like that each double k.o. they gave to eachother had a unique animation to it rather than just showing a basic punch.

Looks like aoi finally gets some spotlight next ep, surprise yusaku already finds out shes blue angel.

Oh yeah, was just 1 turn, but an interesting turn and fun to watch, i love the sountrack they're using during the duels.
kofmasterJun 8, 2017 9:31 AM
Jun 8, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2016
What a show off!
And thus, let's the Link Spam begin! i thought they would be outside of the Extra Monster Zone.
Jun 8, 2017 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder how much money and time they saved by reusing that so many times in a single episode.

And I found it weird when Onizuka was yelling at his AI/duel disk that 100 LP is nothing when his entire playstyle involves running down his LP to then pulling a come back as his form of entertainment dueling.
Jun 8, 2017 3:19 PM
Feb 2016
Oh sweet, Aoi next episode? I'm definitely looking forward to that!
Jun 8, 2017 9:42 PM

Sep 2016
Well the things I don't like since now from the anime are : 1) the art..it seems kinda off and stoic I haven't seen any other yugioh anime since 5ds but I'm pretty sure the art (especially for the characters) and the animation should look much better..Idk if zexal or arc 5 were that crappy in the start and they fixed this throughout the anime but I remember thatto I've seen some randoms episodes fromof arc 5 and the art was really spectacular... 2) I don't like the same scene they show for link summon I remember they showed it the first time when the mc summoned his ace and that was the first link summon of in the anime but I can't see the same scene that he even says the materials that need to be used in every link summon he performs...3) I like that the mc is a serious guy and all that stuff but I find him expressionless throughout every single episode..he doesn't seem like he has a motive or something that makes him special from the previous MCs..4) the "3 things" that he says in every episode we clearly know it has something to do with his past or it is just his catch phrase (which im not pretty sure since Revolver said this too) but it starts to become cringy and weird..
Jun 8, 2017 11:30 PM
Apr 2013
Wow. That was soooooooooooooooooooooooo cringe. I simply can't express how horrific that episode was. That duel with Go Onizuka literally was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.
Jun 10, 2017 3:48 AM
Apr 2017
Yay, more three reasons from Yusaku and the MC guy. I like how they showed that ogre and Decode Talker fighting each other in a ring, it symbolizes Go's character. Kids need to make up their mind, I swear. This was the first entertaining duel in Vrains, so the episode was great! Aoi is next, can't wait!
Jun 10, 2017 4:28 AM

Sep 2015
YeY love you Yuusaku's style

next 2ep about Blue Angel
Into the Internet!
Jun 11, 2017 6:32 AM

Sep 2011
I thought the wrestling ring scene was really fun but otherwise than that it wasn't all that great, and the duel got a bit boring in the end. Also the announcer is so boring compared to Nico Smiley or hell, even Mr. Heartland.
This better get good at some point because I'm not feeling the same YGO vibes I felt from Arc-V.

KawaiiCandy said:
1) the art..it seems kinda off and stoic I haven't seen any other yugioh anime since 5ds but I'm pretty sure the art (especially for the characters) and the animation should look much better..Idk if zexal or arc 5 were that crappy in the start and they fixed this throughout the anime but I remember that too I've seen some randoms episodes from of arc 5 and the art was really spectacular...
2) I don't like the same scene they show for link summon I remember they showed it the first time when the mc summoned his ace and that was the first link summon of in the anime but I can't see the same scene that he even says the materials that need to be used in every link summon he performs...
4) the "3 things" that he says in every episode we clearly know it has something to do with his past or it is just his catch phrase (which i'm not pretty sure since Revolver said this too) but it starts to become cringy and weird..

I definitely agree with all of these three points. The animation is sluggish, and like I said before, for a show about speed the animation sure is slow. The Link Summon scenes are also such a chore to watch, like we get it Yuusaku is the MC and he's special but that doesn't mean they should repeat it all the time.
I think the "Lemme tell three things" is his catchphrase like Yuya's "OTANOSHIMI WA KORE KARA DA" was his and it was used by many other characters as well.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jun 12, 2017 11:40 PM

Oct 2014
Link Vrains really needs more color, because those dull gray building were extremely depressing to watch. That imaginary wrestling court was far more insteresting background, and I would've prefered if the actual duel happened on it, but gotta shill Duel Links. The duel itself was nothing special or noteworthy either. I feel it was way too early for this kind of Link spam, considering this is just the second duel of the series. What I liked about the early duels in previous shows, was that the duels used a slower tempo to establish the pace for future duels, and when characters did this kind of spam later on, you could see how far they've come from their early duels, and it felt like they properly went from point A to point B. While in Vrains, it feels like they went straight to point B from the beginning without going through point A first, and as a result there is nothing exciting about the duels, because they feel too mechanical and detached from the show with no actual substance. Not to mention how I still find Yusaku to be pretty boring character. Yes, he's stoic. Yes, he's smart. But there is nothing else about him. I think they're trying to mimic Yusei too hard with him, and as a result he feels too self-insert in his own show. This is still at a very early stage and I really hope he gets some development in the future, as of right now he's just a generic anime character stereotype of the kind I dislike the most.
Jun 14, 2017 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
As expected, Yuusaku won. He linked summoned four times.

The kids to congratulating Onizuka at the end was nice.

Jun 15, 2017 6:36 AM

Jan 2010
Uuugh summoning link monsters is getting preeeety annoying to watch, can't they shorten it a bit if they're gonna do it a hundred times in a row.....
Jun 23, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
WOW this anime is hot garbage. Lol they are milking the repeated animations for all it's worth! lol talk about a piece of complete shit. "Let's print money!"

Ugh, I'm done. This show literally has zero plot, zero interesting dueling, and pacing that could bore a snail.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jun 24, 2017 4:23 PM
Jan 2016
Stark700 said:
[b] The battle was like a duel in the ring between two warriors.

the whole duel lasted like 5 turns...
Jul 29, 2017 12:31 PM

Nov 2009
At this point I just watch this for Yusaku shouting "into the VRAINS" at the end of the episode preview like he is straining for a massive dump, on a more serious note this show has a great soundtrack so far and I hope Yusaku gets his own standout track.
haydnwrightJul 29, 2017 12:36 PM
Dec 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Sep 2015
Speed duels are gonna be so easy if u run a burn deck and dont like get destroyed in 2 turns.
Feb 11, 2018 6:47 AM

May 2016
The speed duel in this and

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJun 16, 2019 9:38 PM
Nov 15, 2018 7:18 AM

May 2016
Link Vrains really needs more color, because those dull gray building were extremely depressing to watch. That imaginary wrestling court was far more insteresting background, and I would've prefered if the actual duel happened on it, but gotta shill Duel Links. The duel itself was nothing special or noteworthy either. I feel it was way too early for this kind of Link spam, considering this is just the second duel of the series. What I liked about the early duels in previous shows, was that the duels used a slower tempo to establish the pace for future duels, and when characters did this kind of spam later on, you could see how far they've come from their early duels, and it felt like they properly went from point A to point B. While in Vrains, it feels like they went straight to point B from the beginning without going through point A first, and as a result there is nothing exciting about the duels, because they feel too mechanical and detached from the show with no actual substance. Not to mention how I still find Yusaku to be pretty boring character. Yes, he's stoic. Yes, he's smart. But there is nothing else about him. I think they're trying to mimic Yusei too hard with him, and as a result he feels too self-insert in his own show. This is still at a very early stage and I really hope he gets some development in the future, as of right now he's just a generic anime character stereotype of the kind I dislike the most.
Jun 16, 2019 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
Playmaker has 100 LP left.
Dem kids now cheering on GO. Bandwagon ass.
Playmaker didn't escape through the backdoor.
Storm Access.
Backup Secretary has nice oppai.
Playmaker Link Shokan spamming now.
All that for Decode Talker.
Playmaker wins.
Don't believe them kids GO. They not loyal. Fuck them kids.

Link Shokan spam. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 2, 2019 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
A great duel. Yusaku summoned like 4 links wow. That ending was really heartwarming.
Aug 22, 2022 5:35 AM
May 2021
A pretty good duel and finisher. Really enjoying this show and the characters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.