Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 8:50 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, it's utterly hilarious to see the reactions Io and Bianca have about their mechs getting wrecked and how they play off of one another and other people.

Poor Karla. Her mind is broken that badly. Also, man, Daryl's team mission really went awry, didn't it. Oh well, at least we get some cool action again.

Man, that final twist. I was almost as shocked as Io was. Can't wait for the season finale to not only wrap up the fight from the foiled mission,but for what happens regarding this crazy twist.
CodeBlazeFateMay 30, 2017 8:59 PM
May 30, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2015
It breaks my heart to see the state Karla is in. Daryl is doing his best to bring her back. It's funny seeing Io and Bianca bickering about their mechs. The twist at the end though. I was not expecting that. My face was the same as Io's. Looking forward for the finale on how things will wrap up.
May 30, 2017 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
Karla is mentally broken now, i hope she recovers from her trauma

and Claudia the old girlfriend of Io is still alive and now working for the monk/buddhist army

and i never notice this in the manga but is this Billy(?) guy a newtype?

May 30, 2017 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
The insert song that plays during the first part feels... odd. Especially considering that Daryl is dealing with a mentally broken Karla. Yeah, poor Daryl.

In the other hand, the part with Io and Bianca feels more lighthearted with them complaining about their damaged MS. But, then, the battle begins. And apparently one of those Zeon guys is most likely a Newtype.

That twist at the end, though, I almost forgot who that woman is because of the big time gap between each episodes' release date.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
May 30, 2017 9:34 PM

Jan 2009
lol some manga purist will bitch that the battle scenes of Daryl and his team was heavily changed, but i completely understand that change is needed since this is a 4 episode sequel show only anyway
May 31, 2017 7:18 AM

Feb 2008
Bianca proves that kicking hostile suits is a bad idea. That is, if one desires to participate in following battles. With that, the ace pilot duo is out of action for the time being. Unlike the remnants of Zeon.

Zeons proved to be exceedingly resourceful, considering they lost the war. After all, building a massive underwater facility is quite a feat. In addition to that, at this point, I have effectively fallen in love with Acguys. Particularly due to this episode and its focus on the technical features of the suit.

The final revelation was quite intriguing.
May 31, 2017 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
this episode had really unique music...not sure if I am a fan but good episode nonetheless. Can't wait to see how episode 4 plays out because for me episode 4 was weaker than 3 in season 1
May 31, 2017 1:25 PM

May 2015
I want to know how Claudia survived that gun wound in utter space I thought she was dead... a better plot twist would be if she isn’t brainwashed and joined voluntary because she was betrayed by the federation her crew mates and officilas...

I don’t know man, one more episode to go and so much story to tell or wrap up I hope they tie all of those lose ends at the end of this ONA.

CodeBlazeFate said:
Man, that final twist. I was almost as shocked as Io was. Can't wait for the season finale to not only wrap up the fight from the foiled mission,but for what happens regarding this crazy twist.
This...

Led_Wayline said:
Zeons proved to be exceedingly resourceful, considering they lost the war. After all, building a massive underwater facility is quite a feat. In addition to that, at this point, I have effectively fallen in love with Acguys. Particularly due to this episode and its focus on the technical features of the suit.

The final revelation was quite intriguing.
+1
May 31, 2017 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
So Claudia still alive and changed sides? how interesting is that!
5/5.

Jun 1, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2016
acguy becomes so cool with all those accessories lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 1, 2017 2:04 AM

Jun 2013
Man I can't get enough of this series. Aesthetically I'm enjoying S2 more than S1 so far, but both have been great.

I hope there's a S3 announced afterwards.

Also the length of the S2 episodes have been on par with your average TV series. They run for about 19 minutes + the ED / preview for 22 mins total; if there was an OP the length would be around 24 minutes which is average. I guess this is an indicator that it's selling pretty well, or at least it's pushing a lot of Gunpla.
Jun 1, 2017 2:19 AM
Aug 2014
ex_necross said:
Man I can't get enough of this series. Aesthetically I'm enjoying S2 more than S1 so far, but both have been great.

I hope there's a S3 announced afterwards.

Also the length of the S2 episodes have been on par with your average TV series. They run for about 19 minutes + the ED / preview for 22 mins total; if there was an OP the length would be around 24 minutes which is average. I guess this is an indicator that it's selling pretty well, or at least it's pushing a lot of Gunpla.

+1 I agree, the mechs, characters and music.. need more Thunderbolt!
Jun 1, 2017 7:51 AM
Oct 2013
Man, the first half of the episode is so chill. I love the music that plays at the start of Acguy mission.
Jun 1, 2017 11:01 AM

Aug 2009
Sometimes I watch this show and wonder why I even bother watching other airing anime. Everything is just trash-tier in comparison.

I gotta say my boy Daryl let me down though, got punched in the face by some vanilla mook and is now pushed into a corner, c'mon bro you can do better than that.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2017 3:06 PM

Sep 2014
next Ep will be awesome. I hope there will be a season 3. Only 8 episodes of Thunderbolt are just not enough for me. Im addicted.

This epi felt short, maybe because I was expecting some more action like usual.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 1, 2017 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
j0x said:
Karla is mentally broken now, i hope she recovers from her trauma

and Claudia the old girlfriend of Io is still alive and now working for the monk/buddhist army

and i never notice this in the manga but is this Billy(?) guy a newtype?

@ j0x: yes billy is a newtype, cause in the first episode of season 2 he's piloting the psycommu zaku at the battle of A bao qu

was cool to see the acguy's kicking ass with all there cool toys.

Jun 2, 2017 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
yo this episode murdered me. first i gotta deal with the fact that karla is so traumatized that her relationship with daryl isn't the same and this is brutal. then that final scene with one of my faves coming back!!!1 what a twist. i totally thought she was dead for sure but maybe someone got a hold of her on time to take her prisoner or something. The music is still perfect every episode.
Jun 2, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2009
Galih_Prabasidi said:
Man, the first half of the episode is so chill. I love the music that plays at the start of Acguy mission.

Same here i really need to find that music anyone know its name?
Jun 2, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
Things really got intense within seven episodes. Karla's now acting like a child, Claudia's now with the South Seas Alliance, and Io's shocked that she has changed sides. I also miss the English language lyrics from the first season since it was part of what made Thunderbolt's soundtrack unique alongside of its awesome jazz music, but I got used to the Japanese lyrics just fine.

Also, at least the delay for the season finale is only two weeks, and I hope that we'll get a compilation movie like we did with December Sky, as well as a teaser for the third season.
Jun 3, 2017 11:19 PM

Jan 2012
Really loved this episode. More screentime for my favorite Daryl. He seems like he'd made a great friend on and off the battlefield. He's strong, mature, and not whiny - pretty much all the features I like in a hero.

Anyhow, they made Acguys cool - all those armaments are so awesome. Especially the visor (really reminds me of Titanfall). It's always cool to see the Zeons getting by with just whatever suits and weapons they can get and then they have to fight off pretty much top of the line or new Federation mobile suits.

And Zeon has a Newtype here? So much hype. I can't wait to see more of this kid. They did give him the signature Newtype sense sound effect, which made me get really excited. Can't wait for the next episode.

Jun 4, 2017 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
Strange episode but I really liked the music as always. I'm wondering how things are gonna go with Bianca now that Claudia is back. I like Bianca a lot more.
Jun 7, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
A nostalgic sound effect, a nice song and nothing else.

3/5 I wonder why I thought it would be far better once it would be away from the One Year War. This is becoming a "corvée" to watch.

Zeta was but at least, the interesting background elements were briefly touched and the rewards for watching it were great (leading to more exploration of the post-79 universe in ZZ and a glorious ending).

I'm still bothered by the fact the "flying wings" are fully developed so soon after 79.
Rei_IIIJun 7, 2017 12:18 AM
Jun 9, 2017 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Bianca is jealous of Claudia. Claudia should had died so Io x Bianca can happen. I hope to see that in episode 8. And why is episode 8 released in July 14? Shouldn't it be released in June 20?
Jul 14, 2017 2:15 PM

Feb 2014
Was it really necessary to use mechs to go pickup a spy ?
Dec 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
Not much action. Disappointed.
Nov 5, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2011
I know Gundam likes faking deaths but unless there is a good explanation, this seems exaggerated for Claudia.
She got shot and then she exploded, that's hard to survive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2017

29 by Rowd »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:24 PM

» Season 3?

ProxyLain - Nov 19, 2019

2 by Rowd »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Led_Wayline - Apr 28, 2017

28 by Emerald_Raider »»
Aug 23, 2022 1:43 PM

» How many chapters does season 2 go up to?

PinkOni - Jul 17, 2021

4 by momentie »»
Jul 18, 2021 3:53 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

25 by laughterjones »»
Apr 10, 2018 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.