Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 29, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
I call it the best non sequel anime from this season. I feel incredibly happy when I watch this and I can feel the characters' emotions.
This anime just feels so spot on.

Am I the only one loving this?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 29, 2017 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
I think it's ok. It's a forgettable show but it has gotten better the past few episodes.
May 29, 2017 9:46 PM

Apr 2012
i thought it would be better imo
not enough action scenes and the animation is pretty ass

the setting and overall plot is pretty decent and right down my alley

May 29, 2017 9:51 PM

Dec 2015
It's pretty average and forgettable. Re: Creators and Kado are much better when it comes to non sequels imho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 29, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2014
joe_g7 said:
It's pretty average and forgettable. Re: Creators and Kado are much better when it comes to non sequels imho.

well the thing is. Zero Kara had an amazing start ( it started to decline when they met 13 )

Re Creators finally got good when Makagami was brought in. Was on the verge of dropping it b4, glad I didn't now

Zero had the better start, but it seems that Re Creator will have the better second half
May 29, 2017 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
joe_g7 said:

well the thing is. Zero Kara had an amazing start ( it started to decline when they met 13 )

Re Creators finally got good when Makagami was brought in. Was on the verge of dropping it b4, glad I didn't now

Zero had the better start, but it seems that Re Creator will have the better second half
Zero Kara has been pretty average for me since the start but I gotta agree it's gotten downwards since 13 appeared. As for Re:Creators I'll have to disagree, even though there were a couple moments where it felt very slow, I very much liked from the start. After seeing how Mamika (the magic girl) reacted to the blood and destruction she caused I got very curious about the rest of the characters and how they would be. So, unlike Zero Kara, Re:Creators has managed to keep my attention peaked.
joe_g7May 29, 2017 11:05 PM
May 29, 2017 10:38 PM
Jul 2015
I love it!! I'm glad the light novels are being translated-I hope that keeps up.
May 29, 2017 10:40 PM

Apr 2016
Just another garbage fantasy world anime nothing special.
May 29, 2017 11:17 PM
Aug 2011
Odd I'm actually enjoying this more than re:creators.

It was reversed until re:creators went to an absolute standstill episodes 3-5 where it's giant exposition dumps around coffee tables. Which isn't bad per say but I had very little investment in it.

Episode 6 got my interest again when they actually did stuff outside of exposition dumps around coffee tables when I wasn't that invested in what they were saying.

This at least has my interest and still does even if episode 4 was just a giant travel episode because I actually got connected to the characters. Yes the animation isn't great but it's fine and serviceable.

In re:creators that animation is better but I just don't have that character investment with more than half the characters. It has interesting ideas but I just don't care much for the dumps of info it constantly is dropping.

Edit: Re:creators is only .11 above this, it's not really as universally liked at this point.
Red_Ryu12345May 29, 2017 11:34 PM
May 30, 2017 1:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
First couple episodes were good. Since then it's been kinda meh
May 30, 2017 2:06 AM

Sep 2016
an extremely plain and boring anime.
there is not a single good thing from the first 4 episode before I dropped it.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 30, 2017 5:16 AM

Oct 2016
I'm also enjoying this show right now. But given the current pacing, I'm not sure how will they wrap up the ending...

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 30, 2017 2:05 PM

Apr 2014
The only thing I like is ED, the rest is pretty meh.
May 30, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2012
I do agree that it is the one of the non-sequels (not the best but among the top). Good story and likable characters, also the latest episode was so good.

joe_g7 said:

Kado is one of the worse shows in this season. Watched few episodes and I felt like sleeping while watching. Noting interesting about it
May 30, 2017 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
thepath said:
joe_g7 said:

Kado is one of the worse shows in this season. Watched few episodes and I felt like sleeping while watching. Noting interesting about it
If you didn't find it even the least bit intriguing, then I don't think I wanna know what you think the best anime of the current season are.
May 30, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
My favorite show this season is without contest Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, with RE:Creators 2nd, and it used to be AoT until I realized that we're over half-way and the overall reveals and events have been minimal. So, Zero Kara here gets 3rd place, or at least shares it with AoT(depends how they'll end).

I mean, it has been picking up quite a bit recently and the conflicts between the various factions are pretty good, as is our Mercenary's struggle to do the right thing when it could been just simpler to give in to one side and just stick with it.
May 30, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
It just average to me.

The LN didn't really grab me when I first read it, so I ended up putting it on hold indefinite... I was hoping the anime would change my mind to pick it up again, but naw.

As someone already said, the best part is the ED.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
May 31, 2017 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
Definitely one of the better shows of the season. I love Zero and the Mercenary's interactions with each other.
Jun 1, 2017 12:02 AM

Aug 2016
I don't really find it great at all, it's kinda boring with generic characters and stuff

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 4, 2017 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
It's another anime in fantasy world, and it's not really original.
But it wasn't bad too.
One of the best non sequel anime imo. But it's not like it was difficult to reach.

I've put 6/10 to Zero Kara and same for Re:Creators. ^^
Jun 4, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2014
I'm loving this series, but mostly because I'm such a sucker for fantasy of this kind. This and Granblue I've just started to catch up on, and really enjoy a legit adventure series where they travel around a colorful world. If you have that, I'm easy to please. Besides, I actually really like the characters and style of this show right now.

Fora non-sequel, this is probably my favorite show this season.
Jun 5, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
I had some hopes after the first episode. They got crushed.

The 2 only good things left for me : part of the interactions between Zero and Mercenary but even that disappeared lately
and
above all
the ending song with its art, which is wonderful. Actually, every week the most enjoyable moments of the show for me are these last one and a half minutes, that's the best.

Jun 5, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2015
One of my favorites this season its so amazing that i'm pretty astonished. The hate on witches, the magic or just how the life in that setting is is pretty spot on tbh. I'd even go as far as to say that this is perhaps my most favorite "fantasy world" anime.
And yeah it might be generic in some moments or the story could've been better but its just like with every other anime no? especially fantasy world related ones.
Also i really like the SOL segments. and i personally like the story (about hate on witches and beastfallens.)
Hope the anime will get more recognition honestly
Jun 6, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2009
It's one of my two favorite anime of the season. (the other being Shuumatsu)
It's pretty unusual and intriguing, it looks good and it's funny so that we don't drown in all the darkness that is brewing. A good mix.
Jun 8, 2017 8:07 AM

Mar 2009
iLya said:
I'm also enjoying this show right now. But given the current pacing, I'm not sure how will they wrap up the ending...

This-

However, that said: I have been enjoying it since episode 1. And still am. Where as, with re:creators, it had me from ep #1 and lost me around episode #3. But, in episode #6 it started to get a slight bit interesting, again.... But I have been enjoying this one, a great deal...... 13 is really annoying though. Borderline stalkerish, with how interested in Zero, he is, except, instead of following her, he put her in one spot, so he could watch her.
Jun 8, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
Its okay, i was thinking about dropping it but it has gotten better in the past few episodes. I've been enjoying Sakura Quest and re:creators more.
Jun 8, 2017 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
The first ep was awesome, the rest of the first half was meh. The last few seem better but are not better than the first one. The interesting part is coming I think.
Jun 12, 2017 5:52 AM

Mar 2013
I think it's better then a lot of other shows.
Jun 13, 2017 5:14 PM

Feb 2014
It has comedy bit here and there to lighten my days, so yeah of course i enjoyed it
art is slightly better than busou shoujo machiavelliism, worse than eromanga sensei (to be fair though, animating a lot of fast scenes require more budget so i understand)

overall better than boruto & clockwork tower.
the plot is solid, even trivial stuff turns out to have significant importance later. Don't find it much nowadays. I expect Albus' dog may return later..?
Jun 19, 2017 8:12 PM

Jul 2010
i like it! my enjoyment level is around 7.5/10
Jun 20, 2017 8:00 AM

Nov 2009
It started out really good and was a pleasant surprise, but then it kinda started going downhill... I'm not sure why, maybe because teh drama got too much to the point of being very over the top and melodramatic... in any case, it's definitely not a good sign that I started to kinda wish Thirteenth would win if only because it would liven things up at least a bit.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 20, 2017 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
I love this show. Probably the best show from spring 2017
so far i rate this 9/10
The same with Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic and Re:Creators :)

Jun 20, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2017
I love Zero
She is too frickin badass <3

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 11, 2017 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
Takamura-sama said:
I call it the best non sequel anime from this season. I feel incredibly happy when I watch this and I can feel the characters' emotions.
This anime just feels so spot on.

Am I the only one loving this?

Damn, I was going to rate this a 10, but the last 3 episodes felt so rushed and naive. 13 didn't get any solid punishment for killing the cave members.
Jul 31, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2013
Well, for me saying, I was able to enjoy this Anime alot.

It is not because of a great plot, some awesome animations or other simiar thinks, but it is because of the friendship between Zero and Mercenary and how they started to like each other during their journey.

Since they have met 13, the whole story between Zero and Mercenary started to get to the background and somehow the series tried to show some story and plots. But for me I just wanted to see how Zero and Mercenary get closer and closer.

So the first half was absolut perfect for me, 'cause it met my taste. Afterwards I just wanted to see some emotional sad moments since Mercenary left Zero. But there was just one short scene which was not enough for me.

I am wondering if it was just the beginning and if the LN tells some more beautiful moments between them.

Sadly it was decent since the story was not good at all, still - cause of Zero and Mercenary - made it way better and I would give the show a 7.5 / 10.
My only regret is having regrets!
Aug 16, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
I also enjoy this anime, is there any chance that this show get season 2?
4th times getting signature banned wtf

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.