Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people associate ISIS with Islam? ISIS MEMBERS AREN'T MUSLIMS

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2017 12:27 AM

May 2013
omfgplzstop said:

You're the ignorant one by deciding that Islam is unrelated to these groups' very natural interpretations of the Qur'an and hadiths when you probably haven't read either. What do you know about the history of Islam? Do you realize that Muslims have been at war since Muhammad died?

Beheading "hypocrites," women being explicitly worth less than men, essentially being treated as sex slaves, having their genitalia mutilated for the sole reason of preventing pleasure, stoned for getting raped, jews and christians being treated as second class citizens who get killed as soon as they do something that angers a muslim, apostates and gays getting hanged, non-jews, christians or muslims being forced to convert or die, all this which isn't even the worst parts of the qur'an but only some of the parts of it that muslims enact in real life, is only evil if you're weak minded?

Damn son I have read the Quran quite a bit actually and I'm not ignorant about their history either, wow such disrespect what do you think I am some sort of idiot? Well, you know what they say about assumptions!

Anyways I never made the claim that Islamic state is 'unrelated' to Islam, OP obviously thinks they aren't true Muslims and as a Muslim I think he's free to make that claim, actually. What I did say, in so many words, is that it's too bad people don't want to see the forest with the trees with Islam because personally I really did have positive experiences with the Quran. It's challenging, sure, and it's not like I 'agree' with it, but I do think it's a sacred text, an 'illuminated text' you might say.

Don't just throw a bunch of the worst Islam has to offer at me and expect me to change my opinion. The Islamic world is very complicated and is actually going through many challenges. NO I do not support Sharia law, and neither do many Muslims! To me it's just a beautiful culture that originated with the Quran, like any religion it's a living breathing entity free to reinterpret itself. The fact that you seem to think otherwise makes me think you're part of the problem, not the solution.

A lot of Muslims live in nations like the Phillipines and stuff, it isn't all desert dwellers who are kept in a state of intimidation by terrorists (yes most Muslim terrorism is still against other muslims...). Statistically, most muslims are opposed to the major terrorist groups. Sure there is support for them as well, but PLENTY of Muslims (in the world's second largest religion) denounce these groups.

So basically, you don't have carte blanche to be an asshole to a quarter of the world's population based on the nasty sections of their holy book.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 29, 2017 12:36 AM
Mar 2014
Burenai said:
omfgplzstop said:

You're the ignorant one by deciding that Islam is unrelated to these groups' very natural interpretations of the Qur'an and hadiths when you probably haven't read either. What do you know about the history of Islam? Do you realize that Muslims have been at war since Muhammad died?

Beheading "hypocrites," women being explicitly worth less than men, essentially being treated as sex slaves, having their genitalia mutilated for the sole reason of preventing pleasure, stoned for getting raped, jews and christians being treated as second class citizens who get killed as soon as they do something that angers a muslim, apostates and gays getting hanged, non-jews, christians or muslims being forced to convert or die, all this which isn't even the worst parts of the qur'an but only some of the parts of it that muslims enact in real life, is only evil if you're weak minded?

You're blind. Congratulations.

@Zenbear on the internet, i'm much more used to seeing self-aggrandizing atheists like Seiya start ridiculing people, as though atheism can be proven. It's a lot more annoying to me than theists because I'm not really bothered by people thanking god and attributing everything to him as long as they don't tell others their beliefs are 100% wrong and they should stop being stupid.

I think it's pretty funny no one is paying attention to you because you're so blatantly stupid and triggered. Get some self-awareness, kid.
How does answering someone who replied to me make me "blatantly stupid and triggered"? The kid who lacks self-awareness is you, as far as I'm concerned, as I've explained that your assumption that anyone who disagrees with you does it as a result of specific circumstances is quite ignorant. The irony in your post is a lot funnier.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
May 29, 2017 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
Like any religious text the Qur'an teaches conflicting things, that you should be a good person and that you should kill people for not believing in the god the book advocates and that having sex with children is okay.

You and ISIS members practice the book with equal fervor, only different sections of it. It's pretty much impossible to practice the whole book genuinely without having some sort of a split personality or something of the sort.

Perhaps it would be better if people weren't getting their moral compass from a book written by dozens of different authors hundreds of years ago but rather from their own self reflection on what is good and what is bad. But to claim ISIS is not Islamic is just false, just like claiming the KKK were not practicing Christianity. That's what Traed is getting at, there is no "true Scotsman."
May 29, 2017 1:07 AM

May 2015
Ellert0 said:
Like any religious text the Qur'an teaches conflicting things, that you should be a good person and that you should kill people for not believing in the god the book advocates and that having sex with children is okay.

You and ISIS members practice the book with equal fervor, only different sections of it. It's pretty much impossible to practice the whole book genuinely without having some sort of a split personality or something of the sort.

Perhaps it would be better if people weren't getting their moral compass from a book written by dozens of different authors hundreds of years ago but rather from their own self reflection on what is good and what is bad. But to claim ISIS is not Islamic is just false, just like claiming the KKK were not practicing Christianity. That's what Traed is getting at, there is no "true Scotsman."

From what I know, there is a principle in the Quran that says later verses count more than early verses. The verses commanding violence (And the Quran is more of a series of commands rather than stories) are later, and also more numerous.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 29, 2017 1:41 AM

Mar 2017
traed said:
ThirtyFour34 said:
Most victims of ISIS and various other 'Islamic' Terrorist are muslims...
So, yeah they definitely aren't your regular muslims...
But they're still muslim nonetheless, just misguided and and have something wrong with their head...

Wow, 'most pure root' of Islam. You're saying like you're a Scholar of Islam Religion or something. And as a Muslim myself, it's safe to say that i know Islam better than you. The Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad's teaching (Hadist) are the 'most pure root' of Islam, and no, Ka'bah is not a pagan site originally, it is (according to Islam) built by Prophet Abraham and the qur'an and hadist has explicitly stated that it is indeed holy. The pagans placed their idol there because they know and recognize it's a holy place. You're right that the original Kiblat (prayer direction) was not on Ka'bah, but it's not on Syiria, it's on Jerusalem, and it has been changed by the order of Allah and Prophet Muhammad.

I couldnt think of a different way to word it. They do hold some contradictions. Muhammad took different views at different times on some subjects. I assume Hadist is another way of writing Hadith.

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) set out for Khaibar and reached it at night. He used not to attack if he reached the people at night, till the day broke. So, when the day dawned, the Jews came out with their bags and spades. When they saw the Prophet; they said, "Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, Allahu--Akbar! (Allah is Greater) and Khaibar is ruined, for whenever we approach a nation (i.e. enemy to fight) then it will be a miserable morning for those who have been warned."
http://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-4/Book-52/Hadith-195/

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) cut off the hands and feet of the men belonging to the tribe of `Uraina and did not cauterise (their bleeding limbs) till they died.
http://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-8/Book-82/Hadith-795/

Abu Sa’id Al Khudri said “The Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of Apostle of Allaah (ﷺ) were reluctant to have relations with the female captives because of their pagan husbands. So, Allaah the exalted sent down the Qur’anic verse “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hand posses.” This is to say that they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.
http://quranx.com/Hadith/AbuDawud/DarusSalam/Hadith-2155/

About the Qibla (you spelled it kiblat. Im using this spelling I see it used more) some say it was Petra. About kaaba's pagan use archaeologists disagree with Islam's claims.
http://searchformecca.com/Jerusalem.html

Muhammad considered destroying Kaaba because of it's pre-Islamic use.

Narrated Aswad:
Ibn Az-Zubair said to me, "Aisha used to tell you secretly a number of things. What did she tell you about the Ka`ba?" I replied, "She told me that once the Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'O `Aisha! Had not your people been still close to the pre-Islamic period of ignorance (infidelity)! I would have dismantled the Ka`ba and would have made two doors in it; one for entrance and the other for exit." Later on Ibn Az-Zubair did the same.
http://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-1/Book-3/Hadith-128/

You should know that Ka'ba have been re-built and renovated multiple times in the past by The Pagans and the Muslims of the past. About the hadist of dismantling of Ka'ba, it didn't mean that Prophet Muhammad ﷺ want to destroy it, Muhammad ﷺ wanted to renovate or re-build it. And ibn Az-Zubair is one of the person who have re-built the Ka'ba.

Hadist have many mistranslation and misinterpretation, as for the one about the captives you mentioned, i think it's a mistranslation

Wallahu'alam, Allah knows best.
May 29, 2017 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
they call themselves Islamic State

and my biggest problem with islam is the barbaric/brutal sharia law
May 29, 2017 2:31 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Takamura-sama said:
I will tell you as a Muslim that they are not following the Qur'an.

That may actually be a good thing considering some things written there. But don't worry the bible is even worse, I am not here to pick up meaningless fights. Anyway, you are wrong, the first thing people associate ISIS with is not Islam, its terrorism. It doesn't really matter to most people what their religion is as long as they see them as a threat. When you see a bunch of crazy fanatics at your doorstep you don't really care about their religious views you just want them to fuck off as fast as possible. Of course that are probably less than 0.001% of the muslims and even if you are from the 99.999% people will still be driven by the fear of these 0.001%. Like it may be really unfair but this is how the human mind works.

However, the first things I associate ISIS with is... the goddess... obviously.

It is not like you are the only group of people suffering from how close minded the human society is. For example there are hundreds of thousands satanists who suffer pretty much the same way just because the actions of a few earned them a bad reputation.

Paganism also has a bad reputation in certain places and a lot of pagans are accused of things they never done. Like the moment you say you are a pagan some people start looking at you like you are going to kill them in some strange ritual and then eat them or something like that, haha.

149597871May 29, 2017 2:36 AM
May 29, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
With the recent temporary take over of fucking Maute group (who are ISIS wannabes) of one of the cities in Mindanao, I was so pissed I said I wanted the government to napalm the shit out of them. But earlier this day some Muslim fellas were handing out cold packed juices and sodas to everyone just outside my very Catholic university. They do that yearly during ramadan, and very thoughtful of them too cause it was like 40c this afternoon. So yeah some Muslims do want peaceful coexistence but ISIS are Muslims though they don't represent the entirety of the lot.
May 29, 2017 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
Takamura-sama said:
I am a Muslim and I live I'm the Netherlands where me and my fellow Muslims are getting told to 'fuck off, go to our own country, Bomb our own countries." Why all the racism? I for myself have done a ton of volunteer work for the poor. We give food to homeless people. I worked for 5 months (part time at a shop) to buy clothes for a drifter because he wanted food and promised to apply for jobs and he now works and has a home. (He always want to pay me back) people assume that I'll snap and blow everyone up. For what reason? Why is ISIS doing this? Is their objective to let the majoiry hate islamic people?
I don't understand.

I will tell you as a Muslim that they are not following the Qur'an. They are blowing up copies of the Qur’an, and they have killed their fellow Muslims, be they Sunni or Shia. Even extremist Muslims who engage in warfare have strict rules of engagement and prohibitions against harming women and children, but ISIS has opted to ignore even this by slaughtering innocent youth and using rape and sexual slavery as a weapon.

So why do you associate us with ISIS? Because they claim to be Muslim? Why?

I am a fellow muslim too , And the world and its people are heading and trying every way to defame Islam , So much that it started seem like a big conspiracy of someone .. And its not like this has not happened in History at all .. This has happened before in Nazi Germany to jewish people and even christians in some places .. So its nothing uncommon .. All I can advise you is stay in the company of fellow muslims instead of being shunned by ignorant people who may not or never accept you no matter what you tell them .. Aside from that good job with all that charity business .. I am proud of you ..

Also remember that people linking ISIS with muslims have never read the quran with context and understanding .. They will use whatever means to bring you down .. And if you don't give up its your victory..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

May 29, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2008
Takamura-sama said:
Zuggy said:

If there was a legitimate caliphate would you join it?

Probably not, multicultural stimulates human communication and that's why people are "free' right?

My thoughts on that don't matter but isn't living in a legitimate caliphate under the laws expounded in the Koran and Hadiths the best way for everyone to live?
May 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
In light of ISIS' recent statement that they wanted to kill people during Ramadan (Happy Ramadan to you OP), I really don't see them as Muslims. As I remember learning from my Anthropology Class, the Qur'an does say that innocents should not be murdered, yet ISIS does that.

ISIS are just the same as groups like Army of God or the WBC. These groups only like to use religion as a means to terrorize and subjugate people that aren't like them.

They're all assholes.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 29, 2017 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
Ellert0 said:

From what I know, there is a principle in the Quran that says later verses count more than early verses. The verses commanding violence (And the Quran is more of a series of commands rather than stories) are later, and also more numerous.

With the book being so fickle (much like the bible with the old and new testament) I don't see why people would keep to it in the first place. What if the verses they are following now will be outdated 500 years from now, will they have been poor followers of the Islamic faith in the eyes of future generations? Do Muslims currently consider people who followed the old verses to be "true" Muslims?

There just is no real reason to have religion guide your life. I'm neither a Muslim who follows the ways of ISIS nor a modern Muslim struggling to justify his religion in the face of ISIS and I'm fairly certain I'm happier than both groups. Not to mention when people free themselves from their book any good deed they do is viewed as being something they decided to do instead of being questioned as being just something they did because they had to follow the book.

The less people identify themselves by groups and the more they become individuals of their own the more control and happiness they have in their lives.
May 29, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2016
Its a sad scenario, most of the time in the west Muslims are only talked about when terrorist attacks come up so people just assume that all Muslims are bad even though it is only like one percent of Muslims who are extremists.
May 29, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2011
They are muslims. Maybe not your best representative, but they still are. When you're part of a group, sadly you'll have several variations in that group that you may wish to remove... but until you succeed, you'll be associated. Same thing happens with feminism and feminazi, environmentalists, political party, etc.
Life is an Art
May 29, 2017 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Zonata said:
They are muslims. Maybe not your best representative, but they still are. When you're part of a group, sadly you'll have several variations in that group that you may wish to remove... but until you succeed, you'll be associated. Same thing happens with feminism and feminazi, environmentalists, political party, etc.

That's a good point, but a lot of people think Muslims as a whole deserve the hate for ISIS's wrongdoings.

Just because some feminist with a few screws loose goes ballistic, doesn't mean all feminists are rabid man hating creatures. This goes for any group that has a minority making a bad name for them.
May 29, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2016
My personal opinion is that Europe belongs to Whites and is their native homeland. To be fair I feel the same way about the rest of the Old World (Asia for Asians, Africa for Africans, Middle East for Middle Easterners, etc...). And despite having a bit of a different view of the New World, I even think we should give some more reparations to Native Americans/give them their own country if they want one. Also, I dislike all Abrahamic religions, including Christianity and not just Islam, though I have no personal grudge against their followers.

It baffles me as to why someone would want to live in a country where their a cultural alien and the vast majority of the population hates them, though I can understand if it's for education reasons to become skilled workers (doctors, scientists, etc...) and bring that knowledge back to their home countries. Also, part of the appeal of "New World" countries is that race and religion don't matter nearly as much as in the "Old World", but they're still expected to respect our cultural values and not try to change them. Even refugees I fail to understand; I personally would rather take up arms for whatever faction I aligned with the most or for myself than flee my homeland, and I think I would hold this same opinion even if I were 10 years younger (16) or born female.
Lost_VikingMay 29, 2017 5:05 PM
May 29, 2017 6:18 PM

Nov 2015
i think a large part of it stems from racism. you got the kkk and manifest destiny perpetuated by so-called religious white people yet nearly nobody ever goes "THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY DOES TO US." however the opposite is true for ISIL, and the fact that govt leaders constantly exploit anti-middle eastern/muslim sentiments to "rally the (white, christian) people" or w/e is quite frankly fucking disgusting
thanks @grimace for the jon stamp i love you
May 29, 2017 6:21 PM

Nov 2015
also (im not muslim btw so feel free to correct me if im wrong) doesnt the quran state that if you murder someone/kill women and children youre not a true muslim?? ISIL does that on a daily basis?? like. islamophobic people love to ignore that little fact lmao
thanks @grimace for the jon stamp i love you
May 29, 2017 9:48 PM

Jun 2008
Takamura-sama said:
I am a Muslim and I live I'm the Netherlands where me and my fellow Muslims are getting told to 'fuck off, go to our own country, Bomb our own countries." Why all the racism? I for myself have done a ton of volunteer work for the poor. We give food to homeless people. I worked for 5 months (part time at a shop) to buy clothes for a drifter because he wanted food and promised to apply for jobs and he now works and has a home. (He always want to pay me back) people assume that I'll snap and blow everyone up. For what reason? Why is ISIS doing this? Is their objective to let the majoiry hate islamic people?
I don't understand.

I will tell you as a Muslim that they are not following the Qur'an. They are blowing up copies of the Qur’an, and they have killed their fellow Muslims, be they Sunni or Shia. Even extremist Muslims who engage in warfare have strict rules of engagement and prohibitions against harming women and children, but ISIS has opted to ignore even this by slaughtering innocent youth and using rape and sexual slavery as a weapon.

They are Muslims. Just because they are extremist doesn't mean they aren't. And just because you choose to translate the Quran in a way that fits your needs it doesn't mean they aren't following it. According to them you are the ones not following the faith and just translate it how you like because you don't want to blow yourself up etc.

Also whether ISIS existed or not can you please tell me what is so nice about Muslim societies and their ways? Because their societies aren't very nice.
So many western people dislike not only the terrorist part but also the social part that many Muslims in one place bring. Basically incompatible cultures.

Also Muslims are known to be liars(there own holy book tells them it's ok to be so to the unfaithful) and play the peaceful Muslim thing when they have extreme views even if they ain't terrorist, so how can i even trust you are as nice as you say you are?
MonadMay 29, 2017 9:53 PM
May 29, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2015
InsomnaicEntity said:
Veneficia said:
You will snap and blow everything up. Angry muslim = big fireworks. I even heard when you convert to islam your appendix gradually changes to C4.

Is that so? Now I know why Dubai hosts the biggest firework show annually. The more you know.

Looks like we learn something new everyday
SpamuraiSensei said:
Do you wear a Hijab in public? Doubt anyone would recognize your faith without it.

Burka or gtfo

OT: It's like saying radical Christians aren't Christians, sadly they are. Coming on to here (of all places) to complain about how society treats you is not and will not help your cause for numerous reasons (and I'm not gonna list them).
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
May 30, 2017 12:56 AM

May 2015
Ellert0 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

With the book being so fickle (much like the bible with the old and new testament) I don't see why people would keep to it in the first place. What if the verses they are following now will be outdated 500 years from now, will they have been poor followers of the Islamic faith in the eyes of future generations? Do Muslims currently consider people who followed the old verses to be "true" Muslims?

There just is no real reason to have religion guide your life. I'm neither a Muslim who follows the ways of ISIS nor a modern Muslim struggling to justify his religion in the face of ISIS and I'm fairly certain I'm happier than both groups. Not to mention when people free themselves from their book any good deed they do is viewed as being something they decided to do instead of being questioned as being just something they did because they had to follow the book.

The less people identify themselves by groups and the more they become individuals of their own the more control and happiness they have in their lives.

I agree with you, mainly because religions are a dogma. It's a wonder so many movements split out of Islam/Christianity, but sadly each split also involved a lot of pain. If religion is so outdated, then we should criticize it freely.
May 30, 2017 3:36 AM
Mar 2014
xrockxz89 said:
omfgplzstop said:

Damn son I have read the Quran quite a bit actually and I'm not ignorant about their history either, wow such disrespect what do you think I am some sort of idiot? Well, you know what they say about assumptions!

I said "probably." Kekeke.
xrockxz89 said:

Anyways I never made the claim that Islamic state is 'unrelated' to Islam, OP obviously thinks they aren't true Muslims and as a Muslim I think he's free to make that claim, actually. What I did say, in so many words, is that it's too bad people don't want to see the forest with the trees with Islam because personally I really did have positive experiences with the Quran. It's challenging, sure, and it's not like I 'agree' with it, but I do think it's a sacred text, an 'illuminated text' you might say.

Don't just throw a bunch of the worst Islam has to offer at me and expect me to change my opinion. The Islamic world is very complicated and is actually going through many challenges. NO I do not support Sharia law, and neither do many Muslims! To me it's just a beautiful culture that originated with the Quran, like any religion it's a living breathing entity free to reinterpret itself. The fact that you seem to think otherwise makes me think you're part of the problem, not the solution.

A lot of Muslims live in nations like the Phillipines and stuff, it isn't all desert dwellers who are kept in a state of intimidation by terrorists (yes most Muslim terrorism is still against other muslims...). Statistically, most muslims are opposed to the major terrorist groups. Sure there is support for them as well, but PLENTY of Muslims (in the world's second largest religion) denounce these groups.

So basically, you don't have carte blanche to be an asshole to a quarter of the world's population based on the nasty sections of their holy book.

You said ISIS were "bad apples." I pointed towards a pattern of "bad apples," suggesting that they might not be spoiled apples but merely of a different brand. You then told me to chill about Islamic terrorists being a thing, and called me ignorant for lumping all those terrorist groups with Islam. Since they're all directly motivated by its texts and enacting many of the things within those texts, I assumed you were implying that they are not actually related, which is why I called you ignorant.

I'm not denying that religion, including Islam, can give you positive experiences. But the Qur'an is filled with violent verses, many of which meant to supercede the peaceful ones, and the example of Muhammad is simply bad by western standards of morality. The hadith have horrific orders in them too, and I haven't seen anything separating those things from the rest of the Qur'an besides individual people's goodwill.

Like I said, those are only some of the parts Muslims enact in real life. There's a lot of "the worst Islam has to offer." I'm aware that many Muslims do not support Sharia law. But I'm also aware that many Muslims do. Whether it's polls which show huge amounts of support for various radical beliefs in Muslim-majority countries, or the amount of followers hate-spreading groups on social media have, or the fact that reformers need to hire bodyguards, and most importantly that it's so rare that an influential Muslim, especially an Imam, condemns terrorism. Regarding your claim that "I seem to think otherwise," I have mentioned several times in the past that I believe Islam needs a reform, and never once instigated that it should be abolished or that muslims should be deported or any such thing you might think I believe. Well, you know what they say about assumptions!

People who do seem to think otherwise, by the way, aren't rare in the Muslim world as far as I'm aware. They believe that the prophet should never be doubted and that the same applies for Sharia, and fear of these people is a far larger problem for Islam's reformation. "Most" doesn't mean much when the people who support it are 30% (British muslims regarding 7/7 bombings, for example). Not to mention that in several countries, it's actually minority who oppose terror attacks and groups. And suicide bombings shouldn't receive even a single percentage of support, yet 47% of Bangladeshi Muslims say it's justified to "defend Islam." This is just off the top of my head, in case you were wondering.

I never generalized muslims, nor was I an asshole to them for being muslims, so I don't care that they're a quarter of the world's population. I even clarified just in case, earlier in this thread:
omfgplzstop said:
This is something people don't seem to understand--I don't hate Muslims. I think the Qur'an and the hadiths are evil and I disagree with a lot of the messages within them, but Muslims are individuals. I have (admittedly few) muslim friends, and because they don't hold any dangerous beliefs derived from the Qur'an, I like them. But if some radical group reaches out to them and convinces them using excerpts from the Qur'an or from the hadiths, what they consider the ultimate word of god, that those things written there should be enacted for a better world or a better afterlife, or to give true meaning to their life, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, I'd stop talking and stay away. And what I described above seems to happen quite often in the Muslim world.
Polls do show very large percentages of them support these things though, so I'm not going to pretend people who hold ISIS's beliefs are just a fringe few. That's not going to get us anywhere.
Rinth said:

May 30, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2016
OP, don't listen to those filthy bastards who tell you so and stay who you are. The more pride you take in who you are, the more salty they'll get. The sheikh said something in the mosque i remember quite well that no matter what muslims do, others will never be allies to them unless we abandan our religion. So they won't accept you unless you shed away your culture and beliefs. Also Isis are merely self proclaimed muslims. In our religion, it is forbidden to bring harm to yourself purposely or harm innocents. I wouldn't even think for a second of becoming suicidal or blow myself up lol, that's a sin.
Shishou_23May 30, 2017 4:48 AM
May 30, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2017
Are you really Muslim? sorry for asking

May 30, 2017 7:31 AM

Mar 2008
Why don't you try to follow Jesus? He's much better than Maome.
May 30, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2013
omfgplzstop said:
xrockxz89 said:

xrockxz89 said:

You said ISIS were "bad apples." I pointed towards a pattern of "bad apples," suggesting that they might not be spoiled apples but merely of a different brand. You then told me to chill about Islamic terrorists being a thing, and called me ignorant for lumping all those terrorist groups with Islam. Since they're all directly motivated by its texts and enacting many of the things within those texts, I assumed you were implying that they are not actually related, which is why I called you ignorant.

I'm not denying that religion, including Islam, can give you positive experiences. But the Qur'an is filled with violent verses, many of which meant to supercede the peaceful ones, and the example of Muhammad is simply bad by western standards of morality. The hadith have horrific orders in them too, and I haven't seen anything separating those things from the rest of the Qur'an besides individual people's goodwill.

Like I said, those are only some of the parts Muslims enact in real life. There's a lot of "the worst Islam has to offer." I'm aware that many Muslims do not support Sharia law. But I'm also aware that many Muslims do. Whether it's polls which show huge amounts of support for various radical beliefs in Muslim-majority countries, or the amount of followers hate-spreading groups on social media have, or the fact that reformers need to hire bodyguards, and most importantly that it's so rare that an influential Muslim, especially an Imam, condemns terrorism. Regarding your claim that "I seem to think otherwise," I have mentioned several times in the past that I believe Islam needs a reform, and never once instigated that it should be abolished or that muslims should be deported or any such thing you might think I believe. Well, you know what they say about assumptions!

People who do seem to think otherwise, by the way, aren't rare in the Muslim world as far as I'm aware. They believe that the prophet should never be doubted and that the same applies for Sharia, and fear of these people is a far larger problem for Islam's reformation. "Most" doesn't mean much when the people who support it are 30% (British muslims regarding 7/7 bombings, for example). Not to mention that in several countries, it's actually minority who oppose terror attacks and groups. And suicide bombings shouldn't receive even a single percentage of support, yet 47% of Bangladeshi Muslims say it's justified to "defend Islam." This is just off the top of my head, in case you were wondering.

I disagree strongly with your interpretation of the Quran. I think you've failed to receive its message entirely if you think the violent passages supersede its message of peace. I mean it's a spiritual text, you definitely have to give it a bit of analysis. It's not a fucking cookbook.

You might not have been rude to Muslims but you were rude to me, you were being a real cunt actually, sooo I can only imagine how muslims must feel ;)

seems like most muslims are opposed to isis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism

I CELEBRATE myself,
May 30, 2017 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
have you ever wondered why islam has the most terrorists out of all religions? maybe something must be wrong with islam? you never questioned that?
May 30, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2013
buyusetna said:
have you ever wondered why islam has the most terrorists out of all religions? maybe something must be wrong with islam? you never questioned that?

AHAHAHAH man y'all are just great though. You really are FANTASTIC.
I CELEBRATE myself,
May 30, 2017 12:57 PM
Mar 2013
xrockxz89 said:
buyusetna said:

can't argue against the facts? i live in muslim country btw you can't dismiss my opinion like that
May 30, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2013
buyusetna said:
xrockxz89 said:

can't argue against the facts? i live in muslim country btw you can't dismiss my opinion like that

no i just can't even get mad any more you know? it's a funny thing.
I CELEBRATE myself,
May 30, 2017 10:53 PM
Mar 2014
xrockxz89 said:
omfgplzstop said:

I disagree strongly with your interpretation of the Quran. I think you've failed to receive its message entirely if you think the violent passages supersede its message of peace. I mean it's a spiritual text, you definitely have to give it a bit of analysis. It's not a fucking cookbook.

You might not have been rude to Muslims but you were rude to me, you were being a real cunt actually, sooo I can only imagine how muslims must feel ;)

seems like most muslims are opposed to isis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism

I acknowledged most Muslims are opposed to ISIS. Read the rest of my post. I don't think i was being "a real cunt" to you, so that's too bad. Regarding the superceding verses, I mean the naskh according to the hadith. It's a shame that muslims like you are pretending this interpretation is not derived from the Qur'an, especially since you think it is a misinterpretation, instead of having your religious leaders challenge those beliefs which afaik does not happen nearly commonly enough. I guess it's dangerous, but we won't get anywhere like this with more and more people becoming radicalized as a result of this interpretation. I'd advise looking deeper into that wikipedia page, by the way.
omfgplzstopMay 30, 2017 11:01 PM
Rinth said:

Jun 1, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2013
omfgplzstop said:
xrockxz89 said:

I acknowledged most Muslims are opposed to ISIS. Read the rest of my post. I don't think i was being "a real cunt" to you, so that's too bad. Regarding the superceding verses, I mean the naskh according to the hadith. It's a shame that muslims like you are pretending this interpretation is not derived from the Qur'an, especially since you think it is a misinterpretation, instead of having your religious leaders challenge those beliefs which afaik does not happen nearly commonly enough. I guess it's dangerous, but we won't get anywhere like this with more and more people becoming radicalized as a result of this interpretation. I'd advise looking deeper into that wikipedia page, by the way.

See now you aren't even saying anyting. I'm not a muslim by the way, I'm a white guy. And I think the Quran is just fine. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jun 1, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2017
Takamura-sama said:
I don't understand.

First of all, my thoughts are the same as @DragonSlayer_19 and @KazuroWeisemann
Don't read the negative comments.
Instead of wasting your time reading that, you might as well read some manga lol
Anyway, I agree that ISIS are not Muslims. No religion would want to massacre innocents.
You are a true Muslim if you help the poor and homeless
Also, if you ever feel down then I would like to share a video with you.

This person is APJ Abdul Kalam (former President of India). He was a very poor man.
He used to sell newspapers so he could attend school though he somehow worked hard and became a scientist.
He helped our country develop nuclear missile.
He helped in the mars mission.
He helped our country to be recognized internationally.
He is called the "missile man of India"
Did anyone care what his religion was?
No!
Every Indian you will meet will only say good things about him.
Just ask any Indian and I mean ANY Indian about Kalam sir, you will only hear praises
He was the best president. He was not at all corrupt.
He lived a normal life instead of wasting money on vacations, hotels, etc unlike other politicians.
Do you think he never faced any sort of racism/Islamophobia in life?
No, I bet he did.
But look at him now?
Does anyone have the guts to say anything about him? (though he is dead now)
Look at all the people who are listening to him?
They only show respect to him. Do they care if he is Muslim or not?
No!
Even our Prime Minister bowed down his head to show him respect during his burial.
And that's what you should aspire to be.
Someone who is admired by everyone regardless of their religion/ethnicity/race.
You should not pay attention to people who say negative things about you.
You should try your hardest and show them that you are better than them :)
Anyway, happy ramadan :)
Side note:- I would have shown you other videos about him too (like his motivational speeches, how he achieved his dream, etc), but unfortunately they are only in Hindi :(
Here you can read why everyone loves APJ Abdul Kalam
I am sure this will cheer you up :)
People even call him "Gandhi in a scientist robe" and I think that just shows how much of a good person he was :)
Therefore, don't listen to these people who say bad things about Muslim or how Quran commands them to kill. Just ignore them.
swirlydragonJun 1, 2017 11:53 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jun 2, 2017 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
swirlydragon said:
Takamura-sama said:
I don't understand.

First of all, my thoughts are the same as @DragonSlayer_19 and @KazuroWeisemann
Don't read the negative comments.
Instead of wasting your time reading that, you might as well read some manga lol
Anyway, I agree that ISIS are not Muslims. No religion would want to massacre innocents.
You are a true Muslim if you help the poor and homeless
Also, if you ever feel down then I would like to share a video with you.

This person is APJ Abdul Kalam (former President of India). He was a very poor man.
He used to sell newspapers so he could attend school though he somehow worked hard and became a scientist.
He helped our country develop nuclear missile.
He helped in the mars mission.
He helped our country to be recognized internationally.
He is called the "missile man of India"
Did anyone care what his religion was?
No!
Every Indian you will meet will only say good things about him.
Just ask any Indian and I mean ANY Indian about Kalam sir, you will only hear praises
He was the best president. He was not at all corrupt.
He lived a normal life instead of wasting money on vacations, hotels, etc unlike other politicians.
Do you think he never faced any sort of racism/Islamophobia in life?
No, I bet he did.
But look at him now?
Does anyone have the guts to say anything about him? (though he is dead now)
Look at all the people who are listening to him?
They only show respect to him. Do they care if he is Muslim or not?
No!
Even our Prime Minister bowed down his head to show him respect during his burial.
And that's what you should aspire to be.
Someone who is admired by everyone regardless of their religion/ethnicity/race.
You should not pay attention to people who say negative things about you.
You should try your hardest and show them that you are better than them :)
Anyway, happy ramadan :)
Side note:- I would have shown you other videos about him too (like his motivational speeches, how he achieved his dream, etc), but unfortunately they are only in Hindi :(
Here you can read why everyone loves APJ Abdul Kalam
I am sure this will cheer you up :)
People even call him "Gandhi in a scientist robe" and I think that just shows how much of a good person he was :)
Therefore, don't listen to these people who say bad things about Muslim or how Quran commands them to kill. Just ignore them.

Wow wow this is so cool .. First of all thanks @swirlydragon and @dragonslayer_19 for your comments .. @Takamura-sama should follow our example , haters will be haters , Nothing will change that .. Have you seen a Manchester United fan turn into a Real Madrid Fan? Or a Justin beiber hater turn into a fan? Can be applied to this very situation .. There is also lack of knowledge about Muslims to the others but thats another story .. (Basically if y'all live and let live , half of the problems in the world would stop)

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Jun 2, 2017 2:23 AM

May 2015
Why do Muslims care more about their precious image than the victims of terror attacks?
Jun 2, 2017 7:58 AM

May 2016
Because Isis members are muslims. As simple as that.
Jun 3, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2014
Aria said:
Why don't you try to follow Jesus? He's much better than Maome.
Of course, y'all need our nigga Jesus.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jun 4, 2017 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
@Takamura-sama

The Quran isnt all verses about love and peace man. The very reason that Islam spread over almost the entire known world in a mere 400 years (From southern France to India) is because people followed Muhammad's example of spreading Islam through conquering and war.
These terrorist groups are just following the part of the Quran that says to lob off the heads of non-believers while moderates only follow the love and peace part of the Quran.

These still are very real muslims, all be it very old schooled muslims.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
18 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

64 by LoveYourEyes »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 2 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
51 minutes ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.