Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
My reaction to the end of this episode.

I had a feeling Mamika was fucked after that very death-flaggy conversation with Alice. Still, that final scene was really enjoyable to watch, and I didn't expect Mamika to set off a damn magical nuke.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2017 11:10 AM
Sep 2016
I always tought that magical girls from children shows (she is from a Story for children) are little stupid girls but Mamika actually has a working brain !
May 27, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
That ending was fucked.

I sincerely hope Mamika makes it out alright, she is a magical girl after all.

May 27, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2015
Holy crap. That ending and cliffhanger. Damn.

Great episode.

May 27, 2017 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
I'm sure all of you would easily open up about your emotional traumas to a bunch of people who you've known for a short time because it'll help save the world according to a theory that doesn't yet have substantial evidence to back.

Kikuchihara's group is currently focused on protecting the creators, but Altair's creator is already dead, so it's not a big problem at the moment that he isn't telling them. Being truthful to Mamika however is important because you know she's on the fence and could be convinced to stop helping the enemy.

Also Chikujouin's name is Magane not "Makagami", it's been on the official website since forever and she even says it this episode clearly. Submitted a correction to MAL weeks ago but it's still not changed.

Poor Mamika please survive.
May 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
dash5611 said:
paganpoor said:

True, but I inwardly smiled when Magane called him out on his bs.

I would have smiled except I knew it was heading to blackmail territory. If he actually lets himself get blackmailed then this will be one of the few times I'll be rooting for a character's death.

I dunno if blackmail would be the right word for that situation much less where it's headed. She's a super powered serial killer, she doesn't need blackmail to get him to do whatever she wants lol. It's more that his situation has unfortunately for him peaked her interest. And if there is one person you don't want interested in you, it's a serial killer ;P
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 27, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2012
Jesus christ, that cliffhanger.

Mamika, you better survive for me T_T

May 27, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2010
GangsterCat said:
Nezperdian said:
It's funny how everybody hates the MC when it fits well the character. Souta thinks it's his fault that she commited suicide, so it's hard for him to admit it and, from his perspective, get the remorse/hate from the other people. After all, how do you explain: "Oh, I was jealous of her, and she suicided, and now people are dying; gomene".
just because it 'fits', it doens't make him immune from hate train for being annoying af

I'm not really sure why everyone seems to find him so annoying. His character so far is by far less annoying, more realistic, and believable than standard wish fulfilling "alpha" trash.

Anyways, more than that, what it really comes down to is... what would him revealing what he knows to his friends really accomplish. How would it help fix anything at all. Yeah he told Mamika and she confronted and tried to reach out to Altair. But we all see how that turned out ;P. What could their side do that she didn't just try with that information.
May 27, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2016
Khaoticsuccubus said:
GangsterCat said:
just because it 'fits', it doens't make him immune from hate train for being annoying af

I'm not really sure why everyone seems to find him so annoying. His character so far is by far less annoying, more realistic, and believable than standard wish fulfilling "alpha" trash.

Anyways, more than that, what it really comes down to is... what would him revealing what he knows to his friends really accomplish. How would it help fix anything at all. Yeah he told Mamika and she confronted and tried to reach out to Altair. But we all see how that turned out ;P. What could their side do that she didn't just try with that information.
alpha character like purple hair persona user is the one saving this anime from bunch of annoying infodumping beta trash
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 27, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2010
GangsterCat said:
Khaoticsuccubus said:

alpha character like purple hair persona user is the one saving this anime from bunch of annoying infodumping beta trash

Personally, I like every character in this show. It's definitely the best show I've seen in a while now lol
May 27, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2010
komasan said:
I'm sure all of you would easily open up about your emotional traumas to a bunch of people who you've known for a short time because it'll help save the world according to a theory that doesn't yet have substantial evidence to back.

Kikuchihara's group is currently focused on protecting the creators, but Altair's creator is already dead, so it's not a big problem at the moment that he isn't telling them. Being truthful to Mamika however is important because you know she's on the fence and could be convinced to stop helping the enemy.

Also Chikujouin's name is Magane not "Makagami", it's been on the official website since forever and she even says it this episode clearly. Submitted a correction to MAL weeks ago but it's still not changed.

Poor Mamika please survive.

Thank you!!! Finally someone who gets it. Lol
May 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2017
it's official, i hate sota.
May 27, 2017 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
Khaoticsuccubus said:

He probably doesn't know much more than his own involvement to Setsuna. Sentimental words and power of friendship clearly is not enough to get hime to stop. There's a bit of a chuuni anger in her but I don't think it's entirely unjustified.
May 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
Oyasumi_Xoli said:
Can one hope this ship sails?

This ship has too many holes, it will sink...

(And to hell I go...)
May 27, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
The only character they spent some time developing in the last few episodes was Mamika, was more than sure she was going to die soon (R.I.P)

Wish it was the MC that died, such a annoying guy.
May 27, 2017 12:29 PM

Oct 2011
Good job Sota, they didnt even need your stupid piece of shit brain to figure out Altair's identity, the only thing you were useful for. Now you are just a filler character, bye.

My jaw dropped at that ending, holy shit. Kinda hope Mamika doesnt die because I like her but her dying would make the story not a cliche "all the mcs survive"

I want to see more of Rui and his mecha. I love mecha.
May 27, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2016
Anyone got more examples of Magical Girl's getting brutally murdered like this?
~~People who mostly ignore your existence... They are in no position to assess you.~~
May 27, 2017 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Dayne_SUU said:

Mahou shoujo ikusei keikaku. Just remembering some deaths makes me want to cry again.

Damn, i wish mamika didn't have to die...but i don't think she is gonna survive that. That explosion looked like she just tried a suicide attack.
May 27, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 2010
komasan said:

Unfortunately, even as Magane pointed out, he doesn't have the luxury of being some freaked out kid in the middle of all the madness. The consequences of his actions should play out where the anti Altair forces are still looking for her and her motivations without the benefit of his information. And stretching the series out. I hope he doesn't turn out to be some sort of eye rolling "ass pull" later on in the series but for now I'm curious what plans Magane has for him.

The anti Altair people will still be a step behind even after that Mamika self destruct button.
May 27, 2017 12:41 PM
Apr 2016
komasan said:

pretty much this ... but in the end it might be just me biased and sympatetic to him as i went through some similar emotional sh*t not that long ago (not as heavy as what seems to Soutas deal but havy nevertheless) and it broke me(incl. rational thinking) for quite a while
May 27, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode but that ending WTF omg.

» Escapism.

May 27, 2017 12:58 PM

Jun 2012
When Altair stabbed Mamika i jumped, that stab sound effect was so loud :o Kudos to Aki Toyosaki, she is fantastic as Altair
May 27, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
BlackstarFallen said:
Sota is still keeping quiet about Altair. Just talk you idiot. Makagami messing around with him was satisfying to watch. Yuuya put his creator in place was great. Poor Mamika. That was unexpected.

Mamika's death was wholly expected from the moment she started intervening. It's the logical consequence of her actions.

OTOH, in regards to Sota.

1) Yes it is annoying.

2) He is clearly traumatized by Setsuna's death; more than anything, he feels that he has no right to show his work and be recognized because he feels that he was personally responsible for her suicide.

Now, as regards Altair, it's clear to me that while Setsuna was her original creator, the Altair that made it into this world is based off of the version of her that Souta drew.

It would also seem that she's a reflection of Souta himself.
May 27, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
It's possible this entire show is an allegory. Rather than a clash of different genres/characters, it's a clash of different emotions & perspectives (on the "Gods" that wrote each character). For example, what would happen if our anger and jealousy got the best of us? We, as humans, can do very bad things.

With that said, it would be very fitting if Mamika would be the first to die. Naturally, the first one to stand up to "Evil" or "corruption" is a sure candidate for death. Mamika was also the only one that wished to maintain peace between everybody; with her out of the way, then who is to say all Hell would not break loose? There's no one else willing to stop it while being neutral. For that, I respect Mamika.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

May 27, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
Mamika's soul is with Madoka now, may she rest in eternal peace.
_____
Mamika had a good development, she trascended her design. She really tried her best, Altair is just too insane to be reasoned with.

Didn't expect Mamika to use the Starlight Breaker at the end, my guess is that this is it for Mamika, no one has shown healing abilities, and since her original world had the violence toned down, she wasn't designed to sustain damage like this.

This will hit Aliceteria, maybe she'll also rise against Altair.
May 27, 2017 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
prudislav said:
komasan said:

pretty much this ... but in the end it might be just me biased and sympatetic to him as i went through some similar emotional sh*t not that long ago (not as heavy as what seems to Soutas deal but havy nevertheless) and it broke me(incl. rational thinking) for quite a while

Yeah, it's basically symbolic in terms of you having an argument with a friend, for example.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

May 27, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Wow so many talks. Yuya assaulting his creator I kinda did see coming (plus it gets the point straight).

Magane is really mischievous tho........but she's voiced by Sakamoto so I love her. Poor Souta tho, he really has a great amount of guilt within him.

Altair vs Mamika tho.........didn't expect that. Hopefully Mamika survives, somehow.
May 27, 2017 1:17 PM

Oct 2016
Loved this episode!!!! like all the others, i hope it gets better.
May 27, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Zahylon said:

This will hit Aliceteria, maybe she'll also rise against Altair.

Sadly, i don't see that happening. As someone previously said, Altair will most likely use Mamika's death to make Alice try to kill Souta's group (by telling her they killed her).

I assume from that point, more people will die and by the time Alice does realize the truth its gonna be too late.
May 27, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuya's still faithful to the title 'best boy'. More badass amen.

The Princess is all I wanted to see again so bad.

That final scene blew me away. Definitely didn't expect that. What a bummer to wait til next week.
May 27, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2016
Ya-Shiro said:
Dayne_SUU said:

Mahou shoujo ikusei keikaku. Just remembering some deaths makes me want to cry again.

Damn, i wish mamika didn't have to die...but i don't think she is gonna survive that. That explosion looked like she just tried a suicide attack.

Never underestimate the Deus Ex Machina --> Which is practically a big theme of the story.
~~People who mostly ignore your existence... They are in no position to assess you.~~
May 27, 2017 1:31 PM

Oct 2013
Ya-Shiro said:

Sadly, i don't see that happening. As someone previously said, Altair will most likely use Mamika's death to make Alice try to kill Souta's group (by telling her they killed her).

I assume from that point, more people will die and by the time Alice does realize the truth its gonna be too late.

But, It'll be hard to place the guilt on Meteora's group, Mamika was more powerful than anyone on Meteora's group..sans the Mecha. And their personalities are not suited for killing an innocent Magical Girl.

Only Magane, Altair or Gun Guy could have done it.

On a second tought, something makes sense now: Why Altair is not bringing more powerful chatacters into reality.

She wants to flood reality with characters to rip reality, but if she were to summon an incredibly powerful character, she'd be taking the risk of said character rising against her and defeating her.

Altair is still at the top of the power tier here, Maybe Rui's mecha is more powerful because weapons, but she could murder Rui easily.

She won't take the Risk of summoning a Dragon Ball-like chatacter, which could also be the key to stoping her.
May 27, 2017 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Dayne_SUU said:

Never underestimate the Deus Ex Machina --> Which is practically a big theme of the story.

I don't know, its really hard to get her out of that situation. TBH i won't dislike it if she is somehow saved though.

Zahylon said:
But, It'll be hard to place the guilt on Meteora's group, Mamika was more powerful than anyone on Meteora's group..sans the Mecha. And their personalities are not suited for killing an innocent Magical Girl.

I thought that Alice might not believe her at first too, but being emotionally unstable, i wonder if she will be able to tell Altair is lying? She could somehow trick her.

But its not impossible now that i think about it. It could happen like this for example: Alice realizes Altair is an enemy and manages to flee from her joining forces with the others. But then Altairs group will be a lot weaker compared to the Souta's.
May 27, 2017 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
Man Sota that better be some serious trauma because your failure to act has put you in the worst situation possible: the psycho school girl knows about it and your friends don't

He better not end up getting someone killed

Altair's going to use Mamiko's death to make Alice attack the "good guys" and she'll probably end up dying....
May 27, 2017 1:51 PM

Dec 2013
To be fair, Yuya's author has such a bad attitude that only what Yuya did would have probably made him believe what he was seeing was real. Explaining it to him would have resulted in the dude calling some shrinks for the entire cast or something. It was hilarious how Matsubara still pleaded to Yuya on the spot to spare his fellow creator's right hand and head though, hahaha. I got a good laugh out of that. A writer/mangaka's most prized possession are the head and their writing/drawing hand afterall. It would be funny if after saving those that they found out the creator was a south-paw though. XDDDD

Meteora couldn't get the entire truth out of Souta, but Makagami put two and two together and now has a means to play both sides. Souta is now in a dangerously shitty place of his own design. Serves him right though, for not coming clean about it to his own allies.

Mamika's resolve at the end was amazing to behold. She rushed in fully expecting her fate. I just hope she doesn't actually die from this confrontation, she's the one with the most character development out of all of them right now. I can see her defecting to Souta's side here, but..... I'm also curious as to what would happen if she actually died in our world, would that mean her story would get wiped from existence? Or maybe the entire world would completely forget about her? Or perhaps her author would have a means for reviving her somehow. This cliffhanger leaves a host of possibilities around. I'm excited to see which direction we're being taken.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 27, 2017 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
keima25 said:

Megumin approved.

HA! Perfect reference
Don't believe the hype.
May 27, 2017 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
Dat ending was so much fire
Don't believe the hype.
May 27, 2017 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Ya-Shiro said:

But its not impossible now that i think about it. It could happen like this for example: Alice realizes Altair is an enemy and manages to flee from her joining forces with the others. But then Altairs group will be a lot weaker compared to the Souta's.

Unless Altair starts summoning more characters for the second half of the series.
Right now, I don't see any character as totally loyal to Altair. Gunslinger Guy seems to smart to be tricked by her.

She'll start loosing patience and end up summoning some bloodlust villians.
May 27, 2017 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
So Mamika just got UBW'd eh. And Caster ded.
May 27, 2017 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Zahylon said:

Unless Altair starts summoning more characters for the second half of the series.
Right now, I don't see any character as totally loyal to Altair. Gunslinger Guy seems to smart to be tricked by her.

She'll start loosing patience and end up summoning some bloodlust villians.

That's possible too. New characters are always welcomed. I really want to see how things will end up.
May 27, 2017 2:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
WOAH

Mamika went fucking SUICIDE BOMB!! That scene was one of the most intense and brutal of this anime season in general.

If she is dead, then my favourite character went out first, ffs.
May 27, 2017 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
I really hope that Souta has a good reason to withhold information. It's getting annoying, but I guess we'll see where it goes... he's rapidly becoming my least favourite character right now. I hope this gets resolved when the reveals finally happen...

That ending was great, looking forward to more of that. Scenes like that keep the show's rating up for me

-~~- Meduka, become meguca -~~- being Meguca is suffering... -~~-
May 27, 2017 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
JUST KILL SOUTA ALREADY. God, I can't stand these wuss characters anime insists on inserting. Are we supposed to like that loser?
May 27, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
This show had a premise which could have lead to some really interesting shit...

Disappointed at the lack of characters experiencing existential crises / having major personality changes from their original form... everything seems to have boiled down to all the characters being ok with this and just fighting, while we're expected to care about Souta's withheld information :|

Whatever it is, the reveal will make or break this show, unless they actually give us some other interesting plot to follow.

-~~- Meduka, become meguca -~~- being Meguca is suffering... -~~-
May 27, 2017 3:15 PM
Jul 2015
Good episode. Just wish Souta would stop acting like Shinji from EVA, it's getting really annoying.
I kind of get (only kind of) why he doesn't tell any of it, but it's really irritating and probably makes everything worse.
May 27, 2017 3:21 PM
Jul 2012
I think Meteora is smart enough to figure something from her conversation with Sota.

I am really getting pissed about Sota not telling the whole truth, but I can't just blame him. On the other hand, looks like he wants to say the truth, but he don't know yet "how to tell it"...

And that ending broke my heart, even though I was expecting for it.

The question now is: what the fuck happens when a creation dies? What happens to their history? Did Mamika really died? I honestly hope she survive, no matter how forced it would be, also I can't see any other charater dying (at least for now) and would be stupid if Mamika was the only one to go...

@edit
By the way, Mamika's creator is the only one that have not appeared yet as it seems, maybe he/she can do something for her, who knows...
bhfcsMay 27, 2017 3:31 PM
May 27, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
Nice cliffhanger. Totally expected Mamika to be attacked , but damn , stabbed with numerous swords from the back and to such a lovely character.
May 27, 2017 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
NOOOO MAMIKAAAA! DON'T PULL A VEGETA ON ME! Ç-Ç
I liked her so much. I totally can see Alice losing her shit.

Oh Souta...I can agree he is annoying, but at the same time I get it. It is not easy to say "Hey, I put my friend over the edge and she killed herself"...I don't know, there's plenty of episodes for him to grow, maybe psycho girl will be a push towards it. One can hope :S

Now I scared for the other characters D:

kristmark1 said:
HUGE QUESTION:
Mamika's "death" is a bit confusing - how does a character die when they've been summoned from the middle of their story? Does that mean that they disappear from their anime/manga? Or would they go back to their own world with the possibility to be summoned again? Both mechanisms seem strange and unpractical :S

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!
Right? So, that means she disappeared from her world as well? @-@

May 27, 2017 4:25 PM
Jan 2017
taynis said:
NOOOO MAMIKAAAA! DON'T PULL A VEGETA ON ME! Ç-Ç
I liked her so much. I totally can see Alice losing her shit.

Oh Souta...I can agree he is annoying, but at the same time I get it. It is not easy to say "Hey, I put my friend over the edge and she killed herself"...I don't know, there's plenty of episodes for him to grow, maybe psycho girl will be a push towards it. One can hope :S

Now I scared for the other characters D:

kristmark1 said:
HUGE QUESTION:
Mamika's "death" is a bit confusing - how does a character die when they've been summoned from the middle of their story? Does that mean that they disappear from their anime/manga? Or would they go back to their own world with the possibility to be summoned again? Both mechanisms seem strange and unpractical :S

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!
Right? So, that means she disappeared from her world as well? @-@

Considering how meteora played the video game with another version of her inside I don't think mamika's survival will affect her existence as a character in the world. It's like if a superhero somehow spawned out of a book, if he ever died I don't think the comic books would cease to exist.
May 27, 2017 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
I hope Mamika isn't dead, I was really starting to like her.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.