Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2017 4:42 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The day has finally come, more FT (Fanservice Tail) because literally the only thing that made a huge impression was Lucy's seductive solo dance, all the fucking budget went in there.
Now onto a more serious note.
Pro's
-The twist where we thought Sonya and Animus were different beings but then later revealed that they are in 1 body (they show some Animus scenes here and there but later shows that it was Sonya under the influence of Animus, btw Animus is a dragon inside Sonya's body that wants to regain his prime power via Dragon's cry staff)

-Natsu foreshadowing what happens later on (personally I liked it, earlier part of the movie for gags they show Natsu's face drawing closer to Lucy's and asks her "What do I look like to you?" down the road when Natsu went half dragon mode it freaked him out after his rampage and asked Lucy again "What do I look like to you?")

-Natsu's half dragon mode or rather Animus called him END after he saw him transform, basically that half dragon in him wasnt his Dragon Force like some thought, its a form that even Natsu didnt know, it just popped out of him and freaked him out afterwards. (foreshadowing in the manga that Natsu may transform into it again)

-Natsu and Wendy's nin nin gag.

-Charle's humanoid form (funny thing is, her sequence while transforming, shit looked like it came out from Sailor Moon)

-Wendy's Dragon Force kicking ass.

-Erza casting "Grand Chariot" or rather a move that created 7 celestial spell circles (This came out of nowhere for me, I dont remember her being able to use it)

-Natsu's END mode, the only cool part in the movie.

-Lucy's seductive solo dance... yes.. very seductive.

-Fight animation was amazing as expected

-Acnologia and Brandish cameo in the after credits that was hype.

-ED song Super Staaaar!!!

Con's
-Juvia's Gray delusions... they overdid it, got annoying way too fast.

-Laxus and Gildarts not showing up.

-The plot was horrible, the fights were good but none of them stood out, Natsu's final fight didnt even last 1 mint, he instantly rekt'd Animus in his dragon body full powered with Dragon's cry.

-Boobs jiggling all the fucking time, dont get me wrong I dont hate it, but watching something like that with other people around is uncomfortable for me.

-Magic circles (besides Erza's grand chariot) didnt come back!! and Natsu didnt even use any of his signature moves, just putting fire in his fists is all he did.

-The anime changing some parts (they gave out a rough draft of Hiro Mashima in manga form of the whole movie, basically the plot is there, Natsu's getup wasnt supposed to be changed with this weird yellow shirt and the final fight where he fought Zash in the manga but got changed and he died from using the staff)

-I was sitting in the front because the other seats were taken.... (my neck hurts)

Also yes no announcement for a new season... sadly... I felt like all of us in the movie house were waiting for the announcement, even after the lights popped out a lot of us were still sitting and hoping.
May 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
@-Stray
Didn't see it yet, but could you comment if the movie is canon or filler or related to the anime in any way? Looks like a huge timeskip and spoils the series so it doesn't make much sense...
May 8, 2017 5:13 AM

Jul 2014
SkullProX said:
@-Stray
Didn't see it yet, but could you comment if the movie is canon or filler or related to the anime in any way? Looks like a huge timeskip and spoils the series so it doesn't make much sense...

Its canon or so at least in terms of who wrote it because along watching it they give out this manga that contains the events of the movie that Hiro Mashima wrote, its related to the anime/manga it seems this happens before the war as the last part in the movie shows Zeref, Brandish and 4 eyes watching Acnologia and Zeref comments "The war will soon start... Natsu" I belive we will see Natsu's half dragon mode in the manga, its teased as his E.N.D form, not his dragon force because he didnt know what he did and was freaked out after.
May 8, 2017 6:26 AM

Jan 2015
-Stray said:
SkullProX said:
@-Stray

Its canon or so at least in terms of who wrote it because along watching it they give out this manga that contains the events of the movie that Hiro Mashima wrote, its related to the anime/manga it seems this happens before the war as the last part in the movie shows Zeref, Brandish and 4 eyes watching Acnologia and Zeref comments "The war will soon start... Natsu" I belive we will see Natsu's half dragon mode in the manga, its teased as his E.N.D form, not his dragon force because he didnt know what he did and was freaked out after.

I see, well I hope they will still continue the TV series, and they won't change the course with this movie
May 11, 2017 11:38 AM
Feb 2017
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
The day has finally come, more FT (Fanservice Tail) because literally the only thing that made a huge impression was Lucy's seductive solo dance, all the fucking budget went in there.
Pro's
-The twist where we thought Sonya and Animus were different beings but then later revealed that they are in 1 body (they show some Animus scenes here and there but later shows that it was Sonya under the influence of Animus, btw Animus is a dragon inside Sonya's body that wants to regain his prime power via Dragon's cry staff)

-Natsu foreshadowing what happens later on (personally I liked it, earlier part of the movie for gags they show Natsu's face drawing closer to Lucy's and asks her "What do I look like to you?" down the road when Natsu went half dragon mode it freaked him out after his rampage and asked Lucy again "What do I look like to you?")

-Natsu's half dragon mode or rather Animus called him END after he saw him transform, basically that half dragon in him wasnt his Dragon Force like some thought, its a form that even Natsu didnt know, it just popped out of him and freaked him out afterwards. (foreshadowing in the manga that Natsu may transform into it again)

-Charle's humanoid form (funny thing is, her sequence while transforming, shit looked like it came out from Sailor Moon)

-Erza casting "Grand Chariot" or rather a move that created 7 celestial spell circles (This came out of nowhere for me, I dont remember her being able to use it)

Con's

-The plot was horrible, the fights were good but none of them stood out, Natsu's final fight didnt even last 1 mint, he instantly rekt'd Animus in his dragon body full powered with Dragon's cry.

-Boobs jiggling all the fucking time, dont get me wrong I dont hate it, but watching something like that with other people around is uncomfortable for me.

-Magic circles (besides Erza's grand chariot) didnt come back!! and Natsu didnt even use any of his signature moves, just putting fire in his fists is all he did.

-The anime changing some parts (they gave out a rough draft of Hiro Mashima in manga form of the whole movie, basically the plot is there, Natsu's getup wasnt supposed to be changed with this weird yellow shirt and the final fight where he fought Zash in the manga but got changed and he died from using the staff)

-I was sitting in the front because the other seats were taken.... (my neck hurts)

Also yes no announcement for a new season... sadly... I felt like all of us in the movie house were waiting for the announcement, even after the lights popped out a lot of us were still sitting and hoping.

Do lucy and natsu kiss ? Oh god my dreams are about to be crushed
May 11, 2017 11:21 PM

Jul 2014
Neverendingfear2 said:
-Stray said:
Pro's

Con's

Sadly no... I dont think they'll be kissing anytime soon, probably the last part of the manga or an epilogue.
May 12, 2017 2:10 AM
Feb 2017
-Stray said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

Sadly no... I dont think they'll be kissing anytime soon, probably the last part of the manga or an epilogue.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
May 14, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2016
I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not exactly discussing it, but why does the MAL page say that there is hardly any characters in this movie? They're in it right? Wendy was in the trailer soo... Does she have a tiny role or something? ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
Renaa_ said:
I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not exactly discussing it, but why does the MAL page say that there is hardly any characters in this movie? They're in it right? Wendy was in the trailer soo... Does she have a tiny role or something? ;-;

She's part of the main team she was all over the place and even fought in her DF mode with Charle human form.
May 20, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2017
Loved the NaLu moments in it, but the part where they were looking up at the stars was really cheesy yet adorable.

Apart from that, I loved the animation. Everything looked beautiful. I'll definitely watch it again.
May 20, 2017 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
-Stray said:
Really? Did Brandish talks or says any word?
May 20, 2017 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
Illyricus said:
-Stray said:

Yes, I forgot what she said tho, just her appearing caught all my attention.
May 20, 2017 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
-Stray said:
Illyricus said:

Yes, I forgot what she said tho, just her appearing caught all my attention.
Nevermind, the final scene has been uploaded in Youtube.
I have to say they made me hyped for the Alvarez arc for just a moment... Then I remember the actual arc and the hype suddenly dissapeared.
Jun 24, 2017 12:22 AM
Jun 2017
Awesome!!! Way better than waiting for years to continue the series
Jun 27, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
All in all I enjoyed the movie, 7/10

I really loved the Lucy fanservice in the Altair Bar, got me really excited xD
Also Charles was really pretty in the movie

I got a laugh at the scene where Happy farted, but all in all I did'nt laugh much.
The story in overall was predictable, bit the twist with the King was pretty nice.
As well as the teaser at the end made me hyped for season 3. All in all a nice movie.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jun 27, 2017 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
Was expecting something better, but it was ok.

Best part was Erza using Grand Chariot.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 14, 2017 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
Just watched it at the theater. Not too bad. Erza's use of Grand Chariot causes inconsistencies with the manga, but whatever. It looked nice.

Overall, relatively predictable, but I mean, its FT. It's just a guilty pleasure really. 7/10
Ppl were screaming at the after credits scene, forgetting how bad the actual arc is :( but at least I get to have more Erza and Irene in 2018
Aug 14, 2017 9:10 PM
Dec 2011
Now that was an awesome movie!!! I loved the fight scenes and the NaLu moments!!!

I especially loved the post credits scene. The Alvarez Empire arc in season 3 confirmed. This is going to be beyond awesome!!!! :)
Aug 16, 2017 7:17 PM
Dec 2011
Another awesome time to watch it. I still enjoyed it the same as when I watched it on Monday.

Hearing Acnologia, Brandish and Invel's voices in English and Japanese were amazing!! I enjoy both voices equally. The cameo was more than awesome!! I loved this movie!!! :)
Aug 16, 2017 7:38 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Just got back from the theater. Well, that was pretty good. Although, it did feel underwhelming overall. The villain was lackluster and at times I felt as though things were rushed.

Anyone got a gif and/or video of Lucy's dance? Dear Lord that was sexy; Lucy got THICC. And Erza was looking so fine in that bunny outfit. They laid out the fanservice pretty hard this movie, not that I mind.

Disappointed at the lack of Natsu's powered up mode. There was plenty of advertising for it but it was used for maybe a minute.

Again, overall it was ok, despite having some problems. Coupled with my enjoyment, I'd give it a 7/10. I've got a fire in my belly for the final season!
Sep 2, 2017 2:22 AM

Jun 2013
RiukixD said:
Was expecting something better, but it was ok.

Best part was Erza using Grand Chariot.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That the best part of this movie
More Elza Juggle Oppai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 5, 2017 3:13 PM
Oct 2011
How was the music for the new movie?
That's always another one of the highlights of FT.

Really looking forward to seeing this when Funi gets the blu-ray out since I wasn't able to make it to the theater. :) Love the dub cast for this series, can't wait to hear them back in their roles with this new stuff (before the series comes back too).
DangerMouseDMSep 7, 2017 8:29 PM
Sep 14, 2017 7:21 PM

Apr 2017
Anyone know when will the BD get released?
The theatre in my country is quite the bastard. Only screening it for one week and its gone.

It makes me even more agitated that those Korean movies get a full month of screening.

Oh... I live in Indonesia, anyone knows, please quote me and answer, i'm very grateful.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Nov 2, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2014
CrallyLystia said:
The theatre in my country is quite the bastard. Only screening it for one week and its gone.

It makes me even more agitated that those Korean movies get a full month of screening.

Oh... I live in Indonesia, anyone knows, please quote me and answer, i'm very grateful.

Well, you are lucky to get it screening a week. Here in Norway only old anime from Studio Ghibli are being shown on the cinema. It's very rare to see any other anime here.

Anyhow, livechart say it will be out in about 16 days. Give fansub group 1-2 week to get a hand on it and sub it. :) So in about a month. :)

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2017/movies
Nov 5, 2017 8:40 PM

Apr 2017
mangalicker94 said:
CrallyLystia said:

Well, you are lucky to get it screening a week. Here in Norway only old anime from Studio Ghibli are being shown on the cinema. It's very rare to see any other anime here.

Anyhow, livechart say it will be out in about 16 days. Give fansub group 1-2 week to get a hand on it and sub it. :) So in about a month. :)

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

But while we got screening for a week, the promotion is really poor so we don't even know its airing or not until it finished.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Nov 17, 2017 10:50 AM

May 2014
CrallyLystia said:
mangalicker94 said:

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

But while we got screening for a week, the promotion is really poor so we don't even know its airing or not until it finished.

Just visit the cinemas very often to see when it's airing, then I think you should have an opportunity to watch it. :)
Nov 18, 2017 7:44 PM
Dec 2012
I couldn't stop laughing. The movie was complete shit all-around. It's exactly like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z movies are, generic shounen stock trash except with bad animation (although I absolutely love the brutal action in DB movies where men just throw fists until they go down).
Nov 20, 2017 3:46 AM

Nov 2014
I'm going to puke. Even season 1 was far better.

wtf.

How is it possible for a movie to have a such a horrendous animation? Was this movie underfunded? I hope making this movie broke their wallet. A1 Pictures should just explode.
mizukasaNov 20, 2017 3:57 AM
Nov 20, 2017 8:26 AM

Feb 2017
Overall, I liked the movie but there was a little too much "fanservice''. There were also things that I didn't get like Erzas Chariot and Lucys transformation to the zodiac signs (I've only watched the anime).
But I totally loved Natsus END moment but I kinda expected more... But still, if Natsu is awesome then thats enough for me.
I was also utterly confused at the ending scene (after the ending song) where this squad was watching acnologia. The kid that looked like Zeref, please tell me that that wasn't supposed to be Zeref...
Nov 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2015
To think that I very much enjoyed the first 10-15 minutes. Goofy animated Natsu, thiccccc FT thighs, Lucy, aaand then everything just went down the drain.

It was pretty clear that Mashima wasn't involved with the movie at all, for all the BS that he likes to do, I think he could've made the movie work much better than it did. Also, this movie was 85 minutes long right? I didn't watch some weirdly cut abomination did I?? Cause a lot of the time it felt like whole sections of the story were missing and they were jumping around...

Overall I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I wanted to, mainly due to bad pacing, bad action, bad story, and the stupid staff, I honestly thought Dragon Cry would have some deeper meaning or something but it was just some stupid legendary staff, why does every movie pull that stupid "ancient artifact" stuff...

One more thing: The ending, the ending made Acnologia look SO DUMB (not that he isn't but that's not the point), they made it look like he went on a rampage to kill all dragons because he saw one little girl getting bullied lol. So stupid. 2/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 20, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
Don't know why I bother watching movies for battle shounen series when they're always garbage. I think their idea of cramming an entire arc with the same outline or whatever the hell you'd call it as the anime arcs is a very good idea.
Nov 21, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2016
Just finished the movie and it was super satisfying. Loved it. Can't wait for 2018 series and Hiro Masham next project.
Nov 21, 2017 1:35 PM
Aug 2016
Well to tell the truth i didn't enjoy the movie
There are plot holes here and there like always when it's come to mashima
What i've enjoyed really is acnologia moments
After reading the manga i will wait and see what will a-1 pictures do with plot holes of the latest arc
Nov 21, 2017 10:53 PM
Mar 2017
Hi, The movie came out recently on the anime page that I see (Spanish)
The subtitles were superimposed on some English haha, even so enjoy it.
The quality was 480, so when they upload it to better quality I'll give it another look.

-Wow, as I do not read the manga I did not know, but now Lucy can have the weapons / appearance of the spirit.
I was not thinking about seeing Lucy doing something, I was really surprised that she could do that (although they kidnapped her, well that was to be expected haha)

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 23, 2017 5:11 AM
Jan 2016
Did you guys know what bgm/soundtrack is when juvia x gray vs doll? at minute 00:43:30
Nov 26, 2017 5:22 PM

Dec 2016
Erza still the best ever
She just awesome
😊😊
Nov 26, 2017 9:55 PM
Aug 2015
I have been skipped so many chapters & episodes of Fairy Tail, so I decided to watch it, 'cause I kinda missed this series.. Despite the bad plot and disappointing final fight scene, I still enjoyed the movie. The plot twist was surprising though, I didn't expect that Sonya and Animus were using the same body. The comedy scenes were good, but I agree with OP that Juvia's imagination became so annoying haha.. I don't like the fanservices in this series, but I have to admit that Lucy & Gemini's seductive dance in the bar was hot xD Shame that she didn't call out Loke, he is my favorite character in the series lol. The after credits scene didn't really affect me (since I skipped so many things in the manga), but that was pretty cool though.
renzosparkNov 26, 2017 10:03 PM
Nov 27, 2017 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
I actually think that if the plot would have been developed in a proper arc rather than in your typical shounen movie format, it would have been better than the one presented here. The plot of an actual dragon (not one originated from a Dragon Slayer nor controlled by another character at least) being the antagonist was interesting, and is worthy to say this is one of the few times in the series the arc happens outside Fiore (in Stella, to be more precise), who is sad, considering the world of FT was barely explored at the end.

Then again, considering it would have been handled by Mashima...
Nov 27, 2017 10:50 AM
Mar 2015
Just watched it and animation was so bad.I mean,dafuq is this awkward animation?
Nov 28, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2016
This whole movie was bad.
Nov 28, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2015
I come back a bit disappointed, but enlightened. I confess that I've not finished watching Fairy Tail, but I've already received many spoilers of the manga, then, some questions of the story have been clarified for me. I was disappointed because there was the use of 3D in some scenes. Natsu's dragon form was extremely striking, but the scene was short. The action was as always, everyone is defeated and in the end they win. The OST thrilled me a lot, and made me shed some tears. The animation was extremely well done, I'm speechless. Come on 2018 !!
Nov 29, 2017 1:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a nice film, but without surprises, i just an adventure, with information about the characters, especially Natsu, but just a common adventure!!!
The best was the Natsu half transformation human/dragon!!!
Dec 1, 2017 9:02 AM

Oct 2015
After the disastrous ending of the manga, I had really low expectations for the movie. It was fine. An ordinary Fairy Tail adventure with tons of fanservice, and an okayish story. The half-dragon transformation looked more "hype" in the trailer for some reason.
Dec 3, 2017 2:33 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Looks like we'll be getting another season of Fairy Tail if we go by the ending. Those Lucy and Gemini dances.

Dec 8, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2016
sarroush said:
Just watched it at the theater. Not too bad. Erza's use of Grand Chariot causes inconsistencies with the manga, but whatever. It looked nice.

Overall, relatively predictable, but I mean, its FT. It's just a guilty pleasure really. 7/10
Ppl were screaming at the after credits scene, forgetting how bad the actual arc is :( but at least I get to have more Erza and Irene in 2018

Do you like Erza? ?
She is my favorite character in anime
Dec 8, 2017 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
Jellalo said:
sarroush said:

Do you like Erza? ?

Yep. She's my 2nd favorite anime character. Used to be first ^^
Dec 8, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
sarroush said:
Jellalo said:

Do you like Erza? ?

Yep. She's my 2nd favorite anime character. Used to be first ^^

Why used to be ??after who? ?
By the way I'm anime Only and she is my fav
She is awesome 😊😊
Dec 9, 2017 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
Uh to me, this was average. It's not bad but I didn't like the antagonist at all, especially that Zash guy.

Action was good I guess but it didn't blow me a way. However, it was a good thing that most of the main characters got some screen time for the action. Overall, the storytelling just felt really average.
Dec 11, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2016
Generic Fairy Tail stuff. Reminds me of being disappointed in season 2. The movie wasnt necessarily bad but I couldve told you everything that would happen before i watched it just knowing old Fairy Tail arcs. At least they progressed the main plot and gave some foreshadowing.

Since when can female cat turn into human and Lucy turn into celestial spirit??

Btw Juvia imagining herself flirting with Levy was easily the best part of the movie
Dec 12, 2017 7:48 AM
Dec 2011
This movie was beyond awesome!!! I was able to see it two times!! Definitely the best anime film in 2017!!! In my opinion. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GRAY and stuff

ABC539 - Aug 17, 2017

3 by gojotanjiro »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:24 AM

» When does this movie take place within the anime timeline?

Ryan_1 - Apr 19, 2017

13 by Boomer5790 »»
Jun 21, 2020 10:06 AM

» Should I watch the movie now or just wait for the anime?

Warchi - Nov 28, 2017

7 by phantomfandom »»
Oct 28, 2019 11:30 AM

» When should I watch this movie?

Omnitrix10 - Apr 13, 2018

3 by iamdunovus »»
Nov 24, 2018 4:49 PM

» Pre-order.

RevanAlmighty - Feb 25, 2018

2 by RevanAlmighty »»
Feb 28, 2018 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.