Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2016
Teo999 said:
As a non-manga reader this was really a great episode!

Now I remember I saw a strange Titan in one of the previews, but never expected it to be Ymir!
Feeling sad for the 4 soldiers that died, I liked them, even though it was easy to see they would end up this way...

I'm worried that there will be only 8 other episodes, since there is so much I don't know about the Beast Titan and even about the Armored Titan (on this one spoilers are everywhere, so sadly I somehow know).

as a manga reader, the anime manages to keep surprising me even if i knew the story. its like reading a music sheet and then listeing to the song produced after being recorded in a studio.

about Ymir transformation and the opening (same with the ending) thats why manga readers keep saying "isayama is spoiling us" which is actually false because for anime watchers you dont actually know what is what till you watch it explained in an epidose.

about getting spoiled, its not only about who i who, or what i what, but its also about how its revealed and the consequences.
:v
Apr 24, 2017 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
@Daliesk I couldn't agree more.
The animation is superb for a TV show.
And I rushed reading the manga just to understand the ending, it didn't make any sense till I read it
I already said that last week, but anyways, I just think they did it too early. This season certainly won't cover any answers to the ED.
Apr 24, 2017 12:19 PM

Jun 2016
damn,each time we've got to know a bunch of new characters,they've got killed immediately after a few episodes, that happened during the previous season and it happens again,RIP nanaba and all of your comrades.
Apr 24, 2017 1:08 PM
Jun 2009
bigmustache93 said:
damn,each time we've got to know a bunch of new characters,they've got killed immediately after a few episodes, that happened during the previous season and it happens again,RIP nanaba and all of your comrades.

Yeah :/
I don't think I know anyone's name of the old crew apart from Hanji, Levi and Erwin at this point... All the others died.
Apr 24, 2017 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
im actually enjoying this season and it's surprising me?? i was expecting garbage?? i dont even mind that we're focusing on a completely different group of people instead of the usual trio
Apr 24, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
Ymir was already acting strange and shit so of course she's a titan but god damn that reveal was awesome
Apr 24, 2017 8:41 PM
Jun 2014
Might be recency bias, but that might have been the best episode of the series thus far. The final scene with Ymir's transformation (with that OST in the background) was chilling. I actually went back to watch it multiple times and it is fantastic.
Apr 25, 2017 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
That ending was awesome.

Already shipping Reiner/Christa.
Apr 25, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2016
geearf said:
bigmustache93 said:

Yeah :/
I don't think I know anyone's name of the old crew apart from Hanji, Levi and Erwin at this point... All the others died.

Me too,i don't remember the name of the squad's members who get crushed by the female titan,some of the side characters are actually way more interesting than the main trio.
Apr 25, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
The episodes this season are just getting better and better. The smaller titans and the fact that the titans are active at night now adds a lot of extra tension and I love it, also dat beast titan roar
Apr 25, 2017 10:01 AM
Sep 2016
*Heavy breathing* THAT ENDING THOUGH!!!!
Apr 25, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
Dat transformation! EPIC

Looking forward to next episode.
Apr 25, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Those were some horrible deaths for the side characters R.I.P

Next week the the titan verses titans action begins ^^
Apr 25, 2017 2:14 PM
Jan 2013
Daliesk said:
Teo999 said:
As a non-manga reader this was really a great episode!

Now I remember I saw a strange Titan in one of the previews, but never expected it to be Ymir!
Feeling sad for the 4 soldiers that died, I liked them, even though it was easy to see they would end up this way...

I'm worried that there will be only 8 other episodes, since there is so much I don't know about the Beast Titan and even about the Armored Titan (on this one spoilers are everywhere, so sadly I somehow know).

as a manga reader, the anime manages to keep surprising me even if i knew the story. its like reading a music sheet and then listeing to the song produced after being recorded in a studio.

about Ymir transformation and the opening (same with the ending) thats why manga readers keep saying "isayama is spoiling us" which is actually false because for anime watchers you dont actually know what is what till you watch it explained in an epidose.

about getting spoiled, its not only about who i who, or what i what, but its also about how its revealed and the consequences.

Actually because of the PV which clearly shows a titan fighting on the human side beside the towers, I pretty easily guessed who the titan is after they got to the tower. Without the trailer it would be a surprise for me, so yeah it kind of ruined it a bit.

The OP/ED obviously are significant, but as an anime only viewer it's actually hard for me to guess.
Apr 25, 2017 2:14 PM
May 2014
yo ymir didn't transform before the scouts probably was waiting to see what would happened, she probably thought the scouts could handle the situation (of course before the was more titans), and there was no need to let everyone know her secret. Plus, Krista is her main priority. You know like why risk the biscuit before the biscuit is in danger. my main problem is i was wanting for ymir to kiss krista on the forehead or something like darn it there will never be a love confession between these two!!
Apr 25, 2017 6:11 PM

Jan 2014
I really liked Nanaba... that death was so painful to watch.
Apr 25, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2008
HOLY SHIT!!!! didnt see it coming woooottttttttttttt
this episode is fanstastic full of suspense!
#notreadingthemanga
Apr 25, 2017 8:48 PM
Jun 2015
W123 said:
WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????

If Ymir had saved all the scouts, it was likely that they will report her to the higher ups that she was a titan shifter then she'd end up in jail. That's my assumption.
Apr 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2016
Awesome episode, really like how the season is going so far. Can't wait for the next episode to see Ymir in some titan vs titan action!! The preview looked really good. I'm interested in seeing the backstory between her and Christa as well.
Apr 26, 2017 12:29 AM
Aug 2016
FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUCK (also reiner + christy''s scene >.<)
Apr 26, 2017 12:31 AM
Aug 2016
Jotakak said:
I really liked Nanaba... that death was so painful to watch.

same :) she was one of the few top female characters that could really fight
Apr 26, 2017 1:31 AM
May 2014
I wonder how many more people have also the ability to transform into titans
Apr 26, 2017 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
BEST EPISODE OF SEASON 2 SO FAR! UGH. THIS ANIME IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!

P.S. Still no sign of Jean, but most likely he'll appear in EP05 or EP06. I miss him already.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 26, 2017 5:33 AM

Mar 2017
Wow. Awesome episode. Can't wait for the next.
Apr 26, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2016
And so we find another titan hiding amongst the group.

How many could there be.
Apr 26, 2017 3:20 PM
Apr 2014
Schopenhauer1 said:
Nanashi said:
Ok the end was kinda predictable and yet I expected it to be slightly different. Anybody had to transform to save them at that point. I honestly thought they'd do it like Eren, kinda like an instinct, and not on purpose like Ymir did.

Although I guess it was obvious she belongs to one of the other factions considering the scene between her and Reiner.

One thing is annoying me a bit though. It was bound to happen that way with how the last season ended and everything but it feels like at the end of this season or at the latest in the next season transforming into a titan will be the standard in the main cast. It's weird because we know so little about it and apparently it's been never heard of and suddenly people are able to do that everywhere. Kinda like what Bleach did with the Bankai. Apparently super rare ability and suddenly everybody can use it.

I seriously hope they explain that properly anytime soon. Before everybody can use it would be perfect. I highly doubt it though.

If you are really curious about that, just read the manga and everything will be explained before you keep judging on the story.

well for that it is too late already. also unless they change the order in the anime (which is possible. I dont know how close they are adapting it) then the manga has the same problems. besides. I've been waiting for this shit for 4 years. not gonna spoil it now by reading the manga after 4 years.
Apr 26, 2017 3:47 PM

Nov 2015
wha
Gab_X said:
PukingMachines said:

she was literally crying some daddy BS at that moment, she wasn't even begging for her life.
The drunk dude was cool though, RIP drunk dude

Lol. You're edgy dude.

what about i said was "edgy"?
nice try
Apr 26, 2017 10:19 PM
Jul 2010
thatdoggonegirl7 said:

P.S. Still no sign of Jean, but most likely he'll appear in EP05 or EP06. I miss him already.

I`m guessing Episode 8 or 9
Apr 27, 2017 12:31 AM
Apr 2017
PukingMachines said:
wha
Gab_X said:

Lol. You're edgy dude.

nice try

You would know if you had brain cells. You're clearly acting edgy.
What a dumb reason to pick on a scene like that anyway lol.. Guessing you're not a huge fan of AOT. But you do you
Apr 27, 2017 12:54 AM

May 2009
God, I love that last few minutes of Ymir transformation! :DDD
I'm not a manga reader, but because of my stupid sister, I already know shits like that... So... <_< Still, it got me very hype! :DD

I agree with most of the people here... Best episode so far! o(≧▽≦)o

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 27, 2017 1:48 AM
Jun 2009
Nanashi said:
Schopenhauer1 said:

If you are really curious about that, just read the manga and everything will be explained before you keep judging on the story.

well for that it is too late already. also unless they change the order in the anime (which is possible. I dont know how close they are adapting it) then the manga has the same problems. besides. I've been waiting for this shit for 4 years. not gonna spoil it now by reading the manga after 4 years.

By this episode, with the lack of hole in the wall, the lack of blood in Connie's town, and 2 titans looking like his parents, it's easy to guess that all titans are humans transformed. (well maybe not the ones in the wall?) Therefore it makes sense to have humans transforming left and right... a bit less that they are able to go back and forth and keep their sanity (well part of it at least). That, I'm still missing a guess there.

I think Bankai in Bleach was supposed to be common, I mean it was almost a requirement for Captains so all 13 should have it, + probably their lieutenants...
Apr 27, 2017 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
G_Spark233 said:
RIP fodder scouts. You shall be missed.

Reiner's manliness was off the charts this episode!

A man of great taste

Smart man.

Great episode. They did a good job with Ymir's transformation.
Apr 27, 2017 4:32 AM

Aug 2012
If anyone is interested
ATTACK ON TITAN SEASON 2 – PRODUCTION NOTES 3-4
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/26/attack-on-titan-season-2-production-notes-3-4/
Apr 27, 2017 8:40 AM

Jul 2015
G_Spark233 said:
RIP fodder scouts. You shall be missed.

Reiner's manliness was off the charts this episode!

A man of great taste

totally agree
reiner have a great taste in women
Apr 27, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
No Eran
No Mikasa
No Armin

Just side characters that aren't complete and utter shit. I even like Ymir a bit.

I miss Levi/Erwin/Hangë/Sasha but hopefully they'll return next week.

Another episode that I didn't hate, I'm thinking of raising my score to a 4/10.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 27, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
Why does everybody I like get their heads bitten off...
I was totally expecting Reiner to hit a Burning Hammer on that Titan. What a man!
Apr 27, 2017 8:47 PM

Nov 2016
Schopenhauer1 said:
thatdoggonegirl7 said:

Lol i disagree this episode is nothing comparing to the upcoming episodes.

He/she said SO FAR....so far... do you understand what those 2 words mean?.... Jesus... attack on titan readers are something else.... every chance they get to brag about reading the manga or spoil it they take it even when no one cares (at least it's not as bad on MAL but there are a few).... let me guess you only read one piece, attack on titan, maybe naruto if not naruto then fairy tale and you're 10 years old(lol you're probably not but I just imagine people like you as 10 year olds)
Apr 27, 2017 9:23 PM

Nov 2016
Majority of the people in this episode 4 anime only discussion forum be like: "you think this episode was shocking well wait until episode X then you will really be shocked
p.s OMG
krista"

well thanks for revealing(some people might call that spoiling) that in episode X I should except something shocking... I guess when they said this was an anime only discussion forum they didn't specify which episode or part of the series...
Apr 27, 2017 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
Best cliffhanger, really.
Apr 27, 2017 9:42 PM

Jun 2016
Schopenhauer1 said:
thatdoggonegirl7 said:

I know, I know. I'm a manga reader too, but don't be an arse and spoiling it to everyone -- they didn't ask for it.

vanillaskynet said:
Schopenhauer1 said:

He/she said SO FAR....so far... do you understand what those 2 words mean?.... Jesus... attack on titan readers are something else.... every chance they get to brag about reading the manga or spoil it they take it even when no one cares (at least it's not as bad on MAL but there are a few).... let me guess you only read one piece, attack on titan, maybe naruto if not naruto then fairy tale and you're 10 years old(lol you're probably not but I just imagine people like you as 10 year olds)

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said even though I'm a big fan and a part of SNK fandom. The situation on FB is worse, I swear.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 27, 2017 10:12 PM

Nov 2007
Did grandpa titan revert back to his human form to fire cannons?

Ymir's titan form is pretty ugly. I think that all these spy titans are actually acting separately. I highly doubt Ymir and Annie were acquaintances. And if that is the case, I am now certain that there are other titans within them.

My speculation is someone must be going around doping villagers to create titans. If we connect how Eren was injected with something from season 1, I won't be surprised if that was the case for Conny's mother and the other villagers too. It would also explain why there are titans inside the wall even though the wall hasn't been breached. If that is the case, my biggest questions are

a) Who is doing this?
b) Why are they doing this?
c) How or whether these are connected with the basement of Eren's home?
d) How or whether these are connected with Krista?
e) Why was the canned fish herring and not tuna?

Also R.I.P notice-me-senpai titan.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2017 10:30 PM

Nov 2016
thatdoggonegirl7 said:
Schopenhauer1 said:

I know, I know. I'm a manga reader too, but don't be an arse and spoiling it to everyone -- they didn't ask for it.

vanillaskynet said:

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said even though I'm a big fan and a part of SNK fandom. The situation on FB is worse, I swear.
I

I'm glad someone else sees what I'm talking about, I'm also a huge fan and read the manga as well plus I'm even a bigger manga reader in general than an anime watcher and I've seen lots of manga I was/am reading be adapted into anime but I've never witness a situation like this one before, it's like they need to prove to everyone they read the manga lol that behavior just reminds me of my little 10 year old nephew so I wanna believe the ones who are doing that are just very young and you're definitely right about it being worse on Facebook(those are mainly filled with trolls who have nothing better to do but spoil the show for anime only watchers). I'm all for discussing how the story in an episode differs from the manga chapters it takes from or how well it's adapted but once you start talking about the manga or suggesting something from the manga thenx you're just being rude
Apr 27, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2013
shanimebib said:

Ymir's titan form is pretty ugly. I think that all these spy titans are actually acting separately. I highly doubt Ymir and Annie were acquaintances. And if that is the case, I am now certain that there are other titans within them.

My speculation is someone must be going around doping villagers to create titans. If we connect how Eren was injected with something from season 1, I won't be surprised if that was the case for Conny's mother and the other villagers too. It would also explain why there are titans inside the wall even though the wall hasn't been breached. If that is the case, my biggest questions are

a) Who is doing this?

No, he took a chunk of rock off the wall and throw it at them in titan form. Ape titan is a great pitcher. lol
Apr 27, 2017 10:49 PM

Nov 2016
shanimebib said:

a) Who is doing this?

I don't think it was a cannon fire, that was a rock/boulder(s) the beast titan was throwing at them.... since he's big and the castle wasn't too far from the wall he was standing on, I'm pretty sure pieces of the boulder was shown after it fell apart from hitting the horses

Lol "e) Why was the canned fish herring and not tuna?"
Apr 27, 2017 10:58 PM

Nov 2015
Gab_X said:
PukingMachines said:
wha

nice try

You would know if you had brain cells. You're clearly acting edgy.
What a dumb reason to pick on a scene like that anyway lol.. Guessing you're not a huge fan of AOT. But you do you

go fuck yourself dude, learn how to make a point
Apr 28, 2017 4:04 AM

Jun 2016
vanillaskynet said:
thatdoggonegirl7 said:

I

I'm glad someone else sees what I'm talking about, I'm also a huge fan and read the manga as well plus I'm even a bigger manga reader in general than an anime watcher and I've seen lots of manga I was/am reading be adapted into anime but I've never witness a situation like this one before, it's like they need to prove to everyone they read the manga lol that behavior just reminds me of my little 10 year old nephew so I wanna believe the ones who are doing that are just very young and you're definitely right about it being worse on Facebook(those are mainly filled with trolls who have nothing better to do but spoil the show for anime only watchers). I'm all for discussing how the story in an episode differs from the manga chapters it takes from or how well it's adapted but once you start talking about the manga or suggesting something from the manga thenx you're just being rude

Thank, God, I'm not alone in this. If you're following this certain Shingeki No Kyojin fan page on FB, I swear you wanna beat every single asshole who has "I'M A MANGA READER AND I ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, AND I'M SPOILING YOU ALL BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU ALL, NON-MANGA READERS" mentality. Even the admin of that page is just ugh.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 28, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2016
Schopenhauer1 said:
srafayms said:
How is Ymir also a titan, what's going on ..

Your question will be answered in the 4th season.

so i have to wait till 2050? : (
Apr 28, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
srafayms said:
Schopenhauer1 said:

Your question will be answered in the 4th season.

so i have to wait till 2050? : (

or you can just read the manga,,,
Apr 28, 2017 11:53 AM
Jan 2016
BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON SO FAR
WOOOOOOOW WOOOOOOW
REINER IS SO BADASS THIS WAS SO INTENSE
AND THE DEATH OF THE 4 SOLDIERS WAS SOMETHING CRUEL
MAN this episode really show the horror aspect of attack on titan
I was suspicious of Ymir so I wasn't suprised at the end when she transformed into a titan
Apr 28, 2017 5:19 PM
May 2013
thatdoggonegirl7 said:
vanillaskynet said:
I

Thank, God, I'm not alone in this. If you're following this certain Shingeki No Kyojin fan page on FB, I swear you wanna beat every single asshole who has "I'M A MANGA READER AND I ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, AND I'M SPOILING YOU ALL BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU ALL, NON-MANGA READERS" mentality. Even the admin of that page is just ugh.

There’s a report button on this forum guys, use it.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.