Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2017 8:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its too bad that humanity just doesn't have the personal or the firepower to man the whole of the wall from end to end though. Else they would have managed to get reinforcements to the castle far more quickly.
But the veterans of the survey corps that were with the trainees sure fought well and to the end as well against such a large number of titans.
But too bad that the missing people from his village were not in fact safe at all.
Its nice that we get to see what actually happened before the titan attack as well too.
Hmm so Ymir is able to read a language the others can't eh
Lol the titans were interrupting a guys drinking now thats a sin lol.

Fighting Titans with maneuvering gear is hard enough but fighting it inside a building will be much harder even if they are smaller.
Bracing a door against a Titan has to be the scariest moment ever lol
Not the best of first meetings for Reiner and Ymir though
hmm shoving down a cannon to push a titan back eh quite the ingenious method there
Yep always watch your back when fighting titans or risk getting swallowed
Lol Reiner being strong enough to lift the titan that attacked Connie but being ahead of the manga i know who he is lol.
Lol kicking a titan out of the tower window. Nice kick there Ymir.
Reiners thoughts as Krista bandaged his arm lol
The beast titan really is wrecking things for the veterans eh
The tower won't last for much longer though from the looks of it
The veterans fought to the last to protect them RIP

Ymir's transformation is as dramatic as when i saw it in the manga perhaps more given that we get to see it in color and have the accompanying sound effects.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
Schopenhauer1 said:
srafayms said:
How is Ymir also a titan, what's going on ..

Your question will be answered in the 4th season.

Could you tell me which manga chapter this "Season 4" starts with?
Apr 23, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
What the shit! She's a titan?!?! Daamn.
Apr 23, 2017 10:00 AM
Jan 2012
I hope Ymir survives, there's a lot they need to know from her and Christa.
Apr 23, 2017 10:43 AM
Apr 2014
Ok the end was kinda predictable and yet I expected it to be slightly different. Anybody had to transform to save them at that point. I honestly thought they'd do it like Eren, kinda like an instinct, and not on purpose like Ymir did.

Although I guess it was obvious she belongs to one of the other factions considering the scene between her and Reiner.

One thing is annoying me a bit though. It was bound to happen that way with how the last season ended and everything but it feels like at the end of this season or at the latest in the next season transforming into a titan will be the standard in the main cast. It's weird because we know so little about it and apparently it's been never heard of and suddenly people are able to do that everywhere. Kinda like what Bleach did with the Bankai. Apparently super rare ability and suddenly everybody can use it.

I seriously hope they explain that properly anytime soon. Before everybody can use it would be perfect. I highly doubt it though.
Apr 23, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Shit, Ymir was a Titan as well? So Eren and two chicks confirmed so far xD
But she could read something strange and Reiner noticed it so... I have a guess who else could be one :P
Great episode once again, still the most epic anime of all times.
Apr 23, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2014
Loved this episode! Can't wait for the next :)
"If people were rain,
I was a drizzle and
she was a hurricane."
Apr 23, 2017 12:42 PM
Mar 2016
That Ymir transformation was so epic and also that scene when Reiner said "Gotta marry her" to Christa XD
Apr 23, 2017 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
It was amusing to see Crista tend to Reiner's wound. When she tore her skirt and Reiner wanting to marry her was cute.
What everyone missed because of that was Ymir saying she had a wound also and wanted the same attention but Connie told her to just spit at it to fix the problem. Funny
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 23, 2017 1:14 PM
Dec 2014
The_Nut_Cracker said:
Eh,the plot felt like it barely moved for me this episode except for three scenes(maybe because the Ymir titan reveal was spoiled to me just today unintentionally by some ).oh well. I thought the scene of Ymir being able to read herring was interesting though(herring is probably some language and letters only titans can understand.i don't know) and reiner and conny coming out alive was also a shocker by not by much.

The biggest shock for me was Nanaba dying off so early in the series even though she was only in the series for four episodes.she was waifu material even though you can tell she got her character design from Levi xD. I'm just Glad that beer addict died anyways even after being saved twice.

Ymir titan form looks pretty underwhelming.why so small in stature compared to Annie's titan form?

What? The plot moved a lot, especially in subtle ways. Why are you glad Gelgar was killed?
Apr 23, 2017 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
Holy fucking shit, that last scene was shitballs crazy.
Apr 23, 2017 1:34 PM
Dec 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Oh yeah, that thing with the knife. The moment she said she'd do something about the titans and didn't threat anyone else, I was pretty sure she'd jump off the tower and do that. :D

And I talked a lot about Ymir in my previous post, but I guess Krista will play a big role in the upcoming episodes. Too bad there's very little information on that so far.

Also, inb4 the season ends and Eren's key serves no purpose yet again. I'm saying it right now, Eren's key will be just like Nisekoi's locket! SnK loves to set up a whole bunch of mysterious plot points, but it doesn't seem to care that much about answering a lot of the questions it raises. I wonder how much the manga has already answered.

Why should a mystery story reveal the mystery right away? Have patience. Plus, they've used the key in the manga so it isn't like they're not bothering
Apr 23, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
That episode was fucking awesome. Yes, there were a lot of 'cool' moments, but I laughed my arse off when Reiner was like:

twister_Apr 23, 2017 2:18 PM

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

Apr 23, 2017 2:40 PM
May 2016
Great episode! But there are only more mysteries in every episode, and there are only 8 episodes left! There should be some answers too.
Apr 23, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
GlacialFroszeN said:
I personally don't think the titan that ate Reiner's friend was Ymir.
That one had blunt-edged teeth like ours, humans, while Ymir has a mouthful of sharp teeth.

Yeah I agree, they look completely different.

They haven't even shown Ymir's titan's complete form yet.

Anathor said:
Someone at least got his priorities straight

This was easily the funniest part of the episode lol. Gotta love Reiner.

Although, after thinking about it, I couldn't help but
minaeshiApr 23, 2017 3:26 PM
Club Aerosol
Apr 23, 2017 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
Great... more dialogue from the side characters, Beast Titan raising up new near the castle, and Ymir is a titan. Wonderful.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Apr 23, 2017 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Too bad she waited so long to turn into a titan.
Apr 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Nov 2015
so, still keeping the trend of making Scouts look like badasses and then when they kill them while they cry like little children, predictable and annoying, meh
Apr 23, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
PukingMachines said:
so, still keeping the trend of making Scouts look like badasses and then when they kill them while they cry like little children, predictable and annoying, meh

uh... They are suppose to know how to kill titans, they are veterans for a reason. Oh, you mean the characters while getting slowly eating should just shut the fuck up and get slowly chewed on, because that is more realistic?? right?? they are not suppose to have feelings or emotion when piece of their arms is getting ripped off right?

Its not being predictable its being realistic if you ask anyone including yourself, what method of death would you prefer,

A. being eaten alive or B. Being executed by a firing squad, A normal human being would choose the firing squad, because the death is much quicker than slowly being eaten alive, I don't think you understand just how horrible that is.

So if you are expecting the characters to just shut up and get eaten without showing any emotion, then you will be disappointed right throughout, because that is just a natural reaction.

Humans have emotion, no matter how badass they are, and this is one of the things this series does best in.

keragammingApr 23, 2017 3:51 PM
Apr 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Nov 2015
keragamming said:
PukingMachines said:

uh... They are suppose to know how to kill titans, they are veterans for a reason. Oh, you mean the characters while getting slowly eating should just shut the fuck up and get slowly chewed on, because that is more realistic?? right?? they are not suppose to have feelings or emotion when piece of their arms is getting ripped off right?

Its not being predictable its being realistic if you ask anyone including yourself, what method of death would you prefer,

A. being eaten alive or B. Being executed by a firing squad, A normal human being would choose the firing squad, because the death is much quicker than slowly being eaten alive, I don't think you understand just how horrible that is.

So if you are expecting the characters to just shut up and get eaten without showing any emotion, then you will be disappointed right throughout, because that is just a natural reaction.

Humans have emotion, no matter how badass they are, and this is one of the things this series does best in.

she was literally crying some daddy BS at that moment, she wasn't even begging for her life.
The drunk dude was cool though, RIP drunk dude
Apr 23, 2017 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
PukingMachines said:
keragamming said:

she was literally crying some daddy BS at that moment, she wasn't even begging for her life.

well her screaming about her dad wasn't in the manga, I guess they anime staff add that bit in to make it more dramatic.
Apr 23, 2017 4:37 PM
Apr 2017
That was the end this ?, anxiety is 1000
Apr 23, 2017 4:45 PM
Apr 2017
PukingMachines said:
keragamming said:

Lol. You're edgy dude.
Apr 23, 2017 4:53 PM

Apr 2016
reiner x bertholdt <333
Apr 23, 2017 6:03 PM

May 2014
sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz
holy smokes.
This might be the best episode of the season so far, actually.

The beginning with one titan ripping the other Titan's ear off creeped me out because I'm 99.999% sure they were little kids.

Sure, I was already spoiled about Ymir being a Titan absolutely ages ago, but it didn't make the scene at the end there any less awesome. I think Ymir and Christa's relationship is probably the best written in AoT, especially in comparison to Eren and Mikasa (and that's without the exposition those two got in s1 with their past and whatnot). I even got a little teary at the end.

I can't wait to get more info next episode about their past promise and also about Christa too. I expect a sufficient amount of feels.

4 more deaths this episode, and even Nanaba died. It was pretty awful bc it seemed like she was reliving some traumatic & abusive event involving her father. Yikes.
Then the dude who at least wanted to die drunk but couldn't even have that liberty. The world really is cruel :/

+100 for Reiner literally wrestling with a Titan *o*
Guess Bertholdt talking about the difference between a "warrior" and a "soldier" is alluding to something too...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2017 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
God Damn those deaths were freaking Brutal. Ripping apart that one chick though...guhh.

So Ymir is a Titan, not only that she's the Titan that ate Reiner's Father.

Hmmm things are going to get a LITTLE more sticky lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 23, 2017 6:14 PM

May 2015
actually not a bad episode
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 23, 2017 7:04 PM
Nov 2010
LOL @ "I gotta marry her." And Ymir's reaction.
Apr 23, 2017 7:07 PM

Jul 2015
GOD DANG IT I LOVE THAT OPENING. They were starting to question the origins of the Titans, hopefully soon someone will be able to piece it all together, though who knows when that will happen. Blonde dude keeps getting real close to dying, which would suck considering he has the power to pick up tiny titans and hes getting a whole lot of development here.

In other news, I got way to hyped at the end there, I mean, I knew what she was gonna do, but when I actually saw it, I jumped out my freaking chair on the verge of going super saiyan from the excitement. Had to walk around a bit to calm myself down and also proceeded to rewatching just that ending scene several times. The music, the visuals with the sun finally coming up, the dire situation, all of it was freaking fantastic. I look forward to next episode.

Credits still creepy as heck. Still listening to it though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 23, 2017 7:28 PM

Apr 2016
This is the feeling I want to get from AoT, this episode got me hooked.

fav. episode by far till know
Apr 23, 2017 8:42 PM

May 2015
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Da' hell is going on!?

Apr 23, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2010
"WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????"
^
this

at least, that was a decent episode, not like the others.

I have absolutely no hope for this anime though.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Apr 23, 2017 8:58 PM
Dec 2014
zebdal said:
"WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????"
^
this

at least, that was a decent episode, not like the others.

I have absolutely no hope for this anime though.

And sombody already answered that question. As if Ymir gave a *** about those scouts

orion1093Apr 23, 2017 9:03 PM
Apr 23, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
"Father stop! I'm sorry! I won't do it again!" Jesus... that was fucked up to watch.
Apr 23, 2017 11:08 PM

May 2015
A lot of shit went down in this week's episode. Man, I was just waiting for Ymir to finally reveal herself as a titan-shifter, the hype is real. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 23, 2017 11:12 PM

Apr 2015
Vische_HG said:
JJ1210 said:
I know right!!!!!

I bet she won't ever reveal herself as a titan-shifter if only Christa's life isn't in danger.

You will know,you will know, in the future :v
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 23, 2017 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
It's episodes like these that made me wish I haven't read the manga. But I just couldn't help it! Haha. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself if I haven't read after this point either. So many mysteries that need to be solved..

When she was screaming for her dad to stop before she was eaten... holy shit. Some of these deaths are so psychologically distressing 😳

And Idk when it happened because I wasn't as attracted to Christa in S1, but damn, I gotta marry her!
Apr 23, 2017 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
oh God! at last Ymir! go for it!!!
byebye and so long Nanaba & Gelgar and 2 others...
5/5.
oh the pacing is getting faster...we are already at "Historia" according the next ep preview...

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers.
TenshoApr 27, 2017 8:20 PM

Apr 23, 2017 11:43 PM

Feb 2017
MenInBlack said:
Ivoria said:

I SECOND THIS. The real shock is yet to come.

There won't be any shock, because people can't stop to say "Wait for XXX in XXX Episode" "This is nothing" Wait for XXX revelation !" "You're going to be surprised"
PEOPLE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE IT COMING.

Hmm, good point...

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Apr 24, 2017 12:18 AM

Aug 2012
SoraSenpai said:
God Damn those deaths were freaking Brutal. Ripping apart that one chick though...guhh.

So Ymir is a Titan, not only that she's the Titan that ate Reiner's Father.

Hmmm things are going to get a LITTLE more sticky lol.
Reiner's Father? Pretty sure that wasn't his father.

Apr 24, 2017 1:20 AM
Oct 2013
I really love the ending sequence. It's so heavy, full of meaning. The art and music blends well. Another great episode.
Apr 24, 2017 1:40 AM
Nov 2016
great episode. Can't wait for the next episode.

I'm curious who is the beast titan, I can see that he's ordering the titans to attack those kingdoms in the ending song which I'm guessing it's somehow showing the history of the world in SnK. Can't wait to find out(hopefully they explain it on this season)!
Apr 24, 2017 3:14 AM
Jun 2009
Kitoge said:
Lol I guess that's why Ymir was acting sketch the entire time. I feel like Reiner is also sketch, but it seems like a Titan killed his friend, so maybe he's fine.

We don't know if there's only one faction of Titans, so the fact that his friend was killed by one is not meaningful in that regard.
Or Reiner could have become a slave of those titans to not be killed (assuming there was an intelligent one around).

xXcorbanXx said:
To the people asking why she didn't transform before the scouts deaths, you seem to forget the situation the 104th is. They all are suspects for being titans due to Eren, changing with them alive meant that she would face a trial and probably an execution.

What are you talking about? She would not risk an execution by the kingdom, she would just flee. She's obviously in the same situation as Annie not Eren. She might get executed by her leaders though, for not behaving according to plan (if there is one).

Mod Edit: Spoilers removed.
TenshoApr 27, 2017 8:22 PM
Apr 24, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2012
geearf said:
Kitoge said:
Lol I guess that's why Ymir was acting sketch the entire time. I feel like Reiner is also sketch, but it seems like a Titan killed his friend, so maybe he's fine.

We don't know if there's only one faction of Titans, so the fact that his friend was killed by one is not meaningful in that regard.
Or Reiner could have become a slave of those titans to not be killed (assuming there was an intelligent one around).

xXcorbanXx said:
To the people asking why she didn't transform before the scouts deaths, you seem to forget the situation the 104th is. They all are suspects for being titans due to Eren, changing with them alive meant that she would face a trial and probably an execution.

What are you talking about? She would not risk an execution by the kingdom, she would just flee. She's obviously in the same situation as Annie not Eren. She might get executed by her leaders though, for not behaving according to plan (if there is one).

I assume you are a manga reader, if not don't read:

She is not in the same situation as Annie, in fact is in a worse situation than Eren.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 24, 2017 3:33 AM
Jun 2009
Schopenhauer1 said:

I bet you read the manga :(.

No, I did not.
Apr 24, 2017 3:40 AM

Mar 2012
Schopenhauer1 said:
geearf said:

No, I did not.

All the things he said are plain obvious.
I mean, the things like the hand are easier to notice in the anime than in the manga since the anime took it's time with that.
Also the designs are so obvious, I mean, when Eren turned everybody assumed that Eren was that titan, when the female appeared everybody assumed that it was Annie since the face resembled her, and the armored is so obvious with that face and hair...
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 24, 2017 3:44 AM
Jun 2009
xXcorbanXx said:

All the things he said are plain obvious.
I mean, the things like the hand are easier to notice in the anime than in the manga since the anime took it's time with that.
Also the designs are so obvious, I mean, when Eren turned everybody assumed that Eren was that titan, when the female appeared everybody assumed that it was Annie since the face resembled her, and the armored is so obvious with that face and hair...

Right! Having one picture of something vs focusing on it for a while is definitely not the same level of helpfulness.
I could tell it was Annie as soon as I saw her face, but my friends reading the manga said it was a lot harder, especially in black and white..

Once I got that Annie was an enemy I rewatched all the previous episodes carefully and tried to pay a lot more attention to details... There are many clues here and there for things. Like Reiner and Bertholdt surprisingly being the only survivors of their village, so no one could ID them... Are we told where Annie is supposed to be from?
There's also a fairly clear separation of people after Erwin's recruiting speech, we hear how Connie, Sasha and Jean are so scared, but strangely not the others (I won't count Mikasa and Armin in this as they have only Eren for a reason). We actually never get to hear the inner thoughts of the others... it's not for no reason either.

As for @Schopenhauer1, since you put that in spoiler I didn't read, because I don't know if it's safe or not. I was spoiled about a big but unrelated topic last week so now I'm more careful :/
geearfApr 24, 2017 3:55 AM
Apr 24, 2017 3:52 AM

Jun 2016
Episode 3 got me hyped for this episode and it totally delivered. So many Scouts are dying again, and Nanaba's stinged the most. First she saves Gelgar, which ends up being pointless, and then she gets eaten herself. I wonder what she was screaming about in those last moments...

I expected somebody to be a Titan in that group and I kinda figured out it would be Ymir or Krista, so seeing her go full Pikachu was great. Can't wait for some Titan on Titan action!
Apr 24, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
Disturbing.. I LOVE IT.

Just the way they encountered the Titan on the stairs sent chills down my spin.

It sucks that those talented scouts got eaten after they did all that work.

Can't wait for the next episode.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 24, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was pure BOMB!
I knew that Ymir would transform sooner or later, but the goosebumps at the end were real. It's so great to see this arc animated!
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.