Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 7, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2009
Funny and quite charming, actually.
Apr 7, 2017 1:49 AM

Aug 2013
what. the. actual. fuck?
I can't even.. lmao

gosh, I hate this yandere chick
Apr 7, 2017 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
This was so stupid it ended being hilarious. Better of what I expected.

Yandere-chan is best girl for the moment.
Apr 7, 2017 2:26 AM

Jun 2012
WTF did i just watched? That was one of wackiest series i've watched in a very long tme, characters are hilarious, is it just me, or Yuzu looks identical to Yayoi Kise from Smile Precure?
Apr 7, 2017 2:39 AM

May 2010
Loving this show! episode was pretty hilarious at times.
Apr 7, 2017 2:57 AM

Jul 2013
This is just so ridiculously hilarious XD

I can't stop laughing when Guri played that villain music when Akane appeared XD
Funniest gag I've seen in a while..

Yandere, yuri, airhead, and a tsukkomi.. everything you need to make a great comedy! Let's hope they can keep this up
Apr 7, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the first episode and I'll keep watching but I do feel like this episode went pretty fast and did a lot of different stuff. Is the anime going to be able to continue going this quickly without falling back on jokes? Only time will tell.

Oh and the Yandere redhead is best girl.
Apr 7, 2017 3:30 AM

May 2016
#TeamAkane

I want that notebook
Apr 7, 2017 4:10 AM

Sep 2014
Gotta say, was little dissapointed for first eps.
I've read the manga since it got puplished and i just felt that my "hype" got rekt pretty hard. This was one off this season animes that i was waiting for.
Meh, don't actually like the voice acctress on Akane character, this got me mostly mad. Didin't really my opinnion give her the Yandere-vibe that hard.

Well let's see next episode. Hope it's gets better.
Apr 7, 2017 4:31 AM

Sep 2016
I did enjoy this first episode, this will probably be one of my favourites for this season and Guri definitely stole the show.

That being said, I tend to be of the opinion that less is more and it does feel like that crammed a bit too much in, not just into the episode, but in terms of the plot (both literally and figuratively). I just hope that they haven't raised the stakes too much too quickly.

Understandably I'm getting the TWGOK vibe here, which is great because that's one of my favourites.
Apr 7, 2017 4:42 AM

Feb 2017
Guri is high, Akane is a madman and his sister is crazy.
Apr 7, 2017 4:47 AM

Nov 2010
That was a fun start, enjoyed it.

And oh yes, more yuri please.
Apr 7, 2017 4:58 AM

Mar 2012
Ah the fast pacing is necessary sacrifice for a good stopping point. I'm sure it will stop on that arc but I'm hopping for more because the thing after that is really good.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 7, 2017 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
Disappointed by how rushed this is, I mean the manga is awesome so I was excited to see the anime just as much but slow it down.
Apr 7, 2017 6:07 AM

Jun 2007
This is just a parody right?
Was actually kinda funny, being all over the top and somewhat stupid.
Apr 7, 2017 6:49 AM
Aug 2016
Haha..i literally screamed WTF at that prime minister kiss...holy shit...haha XD...THe Yandere would make yuno proud. ( they eveb look alike minus hair color) and the otaku references from that angel.... im sold...bring in more :D
Apr 7, 2017 6:53 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
No way, this anime is lame, I enjoyed none of the parts, the kiss scenes are forced, the angel stuff isn't funny at all. Only stuff intriguing was the Kiss Note reference.

Apr 7, 2017 7:17 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was fun albeit fast paced
Apr 7, 2017 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
honestly this was stupid but funny
wow yuri and incest lol

3.5/5
Apr 7, 2017 8:11 AM

Sep 2016
For me this show had/has a lot to prove, mostly because the synopsis wasn't particularly enticing. That being said, this show so far has proved to be, while a tiny bit on the generic side, a genuinely funny comedy, with some nightmare fuel (that cat) thrown in for good measure

So far so good

300th pun
xchyssa said:
You got some nice viewpoint there, I always know I can't fool you with my sharpest tagging skills

Apr 7, 2017 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
3/5

This is probably my "WTF am I watching" anime of the season.

We Have:
-A Super Yandere God Super Yandere
-An Angel/Cupid who cosplay as a shinigami and enjoys BL.
-An incestuous loli.
-An immortal (for now) who has already kissed all the main girls.
-A harem with 2 love triangles in effect.

...This is both glorious and nonsensical.

My only real complaint about this is the pacing (as already stated before) the overused Yandere gimmick and how everyone but Guri looks so generic. Even Seiji looks generic and that guy has teal spikey hair.

Hopefully the pace slows down and the yandere thing is toned down a little. Crazy is a fun thing to watch but a gratuitous amount of yandere will get old real fast. Let's just hope I won't get tired of it by episode 3.

Apr 7, 2017 8:57 AM

Nov 2015
TehSnawn said:
3/5

We Have:
-An incestuous loli.

My only real complaint about this is the pacing (as already stated before) the overused Yandere gimmick and how everyone but Guri looks so generic. Even Seiji looks generic and that guy has teal spikey hair.

Hopefully the pace slows down and the yandere thing is toned down a little. Crazy is a fun thing to watch but a gratuitous amount of yandere will get old real fast. Let's just hope I won't get tired of it by episode 3.
Damn you beat me to it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
Already better than the 2nd half of deathnote :)
I like the yandere death stabs.
Apr 7, 2017 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
If this keeps up, honestly I feel like this could be AOTS. At least comedy wise. I could not stop laughing the entire episode, every character was hilarious.

Plus add in the fact that the animation, and music are FLAWLESS.

I lost it when Guri was playing the villain music on the Boombox ROFL
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
AX3M said:
TehSnawn said:
3/5

We Have:
-An incestuous loli.

Damn you beat me to it!

I forgot to add "Talking Cat with Human Face Supervisor" but to be honest, I think I forgot about that on purpose.

Oh how I wish I can get that face out of my mind right about now

Apr 7, 2017 9:47 AM
Mar 2016
Ooooooh Shit, it's only the 1st ep and already 3 harem members have already made their prescience known.
Apr 7, 2017 9:58 AM

May 2014
Jesus that yandere shifting man
And I thought Yuno was extreme, but at least her yandere-ing out was subtle but this chick goes from dandere to yandere in a second or less
This might just be one of my fav anime this season
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 7, 2017 12:13 PM
Jan 2017
Its just comedy parody anime but watchout here sometime character crosses there insanity and that make you laugh.
Gauri with love note
Akane the yandere with dual gurkha knife ready to stab seiji
And many more funny character.
Apr 7, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
It was good until the incest came up. *sigh* my first mistake of the season.
Those who don't care about this, have fun ^^
Apr 7, 2017 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
I don't really care about the harem party as long this is funny I'm in. Good story and parody, the only thing that unexpected is they can't die..
8/10.
"Look... It's a gigantic killing spirit and you just a woman with an invicible Holy Excalibur. Just sit down and watch me, a man who don't know any martial arts and can't use magic will beat it."
Apr 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
Everything happened so randomly.... and fast as hell, but still very entertaining and funny.
Apr 7, 2017 1:23 PM

May 2009
Watching first episode reminded me how annoying these girls are actually - retarded fujoshi, violent yandere, yuri tsundere (+crazy bitch and tsundere imouto). Shame that studio and staff is pretty shitty. Many scenes were barely animated, director is complete newbie who made only Ani Tore (still waiting for Ani Tore XXX) - too fast pacing and lame transitions like overusing fade to black between scenes. Taboo Tattoo had similar problems.
Apr 7, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2012
This was absolutely hilarious. Loved the Death Note reference.
Apr 7, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2016
Immortal character + Yandere = Perfect couple

Apr 7, 2017 2:35 PM
Jul 2015
It had its moments, like when Seiji says Guri can just die and the yandere mood swings, but the pacing was all over the place. They introduced a love quadrangle, incest, yuri and yaoi, and all this angel stuff in the first episode. Like, it overwhelmed me and feels like it has no buildup or pacing, like good comedies do.

Guri looks nice, but Seiji's design bugs me. I think it's his hair which has a faded blue feel that annoys me. I might give it another episode, but it might not be for me.
Apr 7, 2017 5:04 PM

Mar 2017
Really enjoyed the first episode, I'm looking forward for the rest of the anime. The only thing that bothers me it's the incestuous yuri loli.
Apr 7, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2012
TehSnawn said:
AX3M said:
Damn you beat me to it!

I forgot to add "Talking Cat with Human Face Supervisor" but to be honest, I think I forgot about that on purpose.

Oh how I wish I can get that face out of my mind right about now
You cannot forget about Corally majestic presence more so when he assume his angelic form.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 7, 2017 5:39 PM

Jul 2016
I just came from Kuzu no Honkai... so this feels like a VERY watered down version of it... with the addition of death note, Gasai Yuno and Free: Political bishes...

still hella funny, its more of a comedy than a n ecchi.
damn, the forums these days...
Apr 7, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
That escalated quickly. Like a twisted version of Gal Gun Double Peace.

Already a love triangle and forbidden love. Fortunate for the MC, that he can't die. He has to help the lazy angel though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
Liked the first episode, takes the piss out of a lot of common themes and character types. Was going to read the manga but maybe I'll just watch the anime, I think it has some potential for sure.

Apr 7, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
Nigami_Shin said:
pretty good. yuri incest finally arrived in mainstream anime

Thanks for the heads up friend, you saved me 23 minutes of life.

*DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE*
Apr 7, 2017 7:51 PM
Dec 2016
High chance of AOTS.

I didn't know what I was getting into when I started this, but it was hilarious. The main character doesn't piss me off, all the girls are hilarious, and the jokes are great.
The best part was with the incest sister. What I was expecting from that interaction was not Yuri incest, but it was what we deserved.
Apr 7, 2017 7:57 PM
Nov 2013
HAHAHa Hilarious but to be honest the pacing can slow down lolz. I was like holy shit how many days has past. I just hope they don't rush it, I like to savor the taste!
Apr 7, 2017 9:49 PM

Jun 2016
The op reminds me of love lab ending song
Apr 7, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
well the art style and animation is rather bad, but i guess it was done intentionally. however that doesn't excuse how bad it is.the story is some is some harem Rom-com, and u actually read the manga but ended up dropping it. the characters fill some arctype and nothing more, and most of the comedy wasn't that funny. i might still watch it when it's over,
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 8, 2017 5:47 AM

May 2012
A lot better than what expected. The main character is cute
Apr 8, 2017 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
Really funny, this beginning of the series, I did not believe it could be so. I had some misgivings on this anime series, when I saw the various PV, but this beginning so fun, it made me think again. Perhaps the narrative rhythm is a bit too fast, but it was fun to see this episode. I'm just afraid that after a start so overwhelming, there may be a monstrous decline in future episodes. Drawings and animations, good. The opening and ending, too, are nice to see. The job of the EMT Studio is discreet, in light of what is young as a company.
Apr 8, 2017 6:42 AM

Apr 2015
Kinda enjoyable but nothing too special.

Apr 8, 2017 8:22 AM
Jan 2014
The pacing is rather fast: didn't expect Yuzu to appear from the get-go.

Seems that some references were also shaved off
8.5/10, Would watch for more
Apr 8, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2011
This was a stupid show, but in a good way. The plot is a parody of Death Note and that’s a really good way to explain this. A parody off the wall first episode and I assume this is how it’s going to be every episode. It does not take it self seriously and that will be clear in the first minute.

The animation over all was good, a lot of manga symbolisms was also used to make Guri expressions to be funny, some I liked and some I am not keen. Depends if it’s used correctly. The animation made the funny elements enjoyable. Even some music cues were used for comedy that I liked.

Full impression: https://bdt87.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/love-tyrant-episode-1-impression/
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

98 by Setephen »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

73 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 10:17 AM

» Was it faithful to the manga?

Hystique - May 24, 2023

2 by Rathifiend99 »»
May 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

34 by Tortillas5 »»
May 1, 2023 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.