Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think the new OP song is okay, somewhat catchy.

The first episode pretty much reintroduced the character cast back again. They got back to the music and dancing pretty fast. Surprisingly, I think the first performance song from the second season was done well. It had a feel of creativity especially with the visual symbolism.

There's some tension between the guys already. I hope Haruto is ready for the competition especially from that Ageha guy. The group's performance near the end was okay.
Stark700Apr 3, 2017 9:19 AM
Apr 3, 2017 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
We get to introduced to new team, whose leader got the solo song first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-sj7uBO3TY. He's very creepy and is simply a big fan of Tsukigami older brother.

The senpai team meeting up for their graduation. Competition to get 5/25 space of not just acting with graduates, but also many good opportunities such as next Kaoukai members. Ancients also introduced with their song (or rather, their ver. of Kaoukai song).

ED: "Gift" by team Ootori https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHV3eyOcqU

lol @ preview narration.
tsubasaloverMay 15, 2017 10:17 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
Ohhh i'm liking these characters
Apr 3, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
The boys are back!
I was happy to see some interaction between Hoshitani and Ootori, even if it was just a little bit.
That Riku dude is crazy.
Apr 3, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Nice singing from Nobunaga Shimazaki, but Kao Kai's song by Toshiyuki Morikawa, Takehito Koyasu, Soichiro Hoshi and Ryotaro Okiayu is definitely the best part of the episode. Glad to see veteran voice actors showing their singing skills. Maybe we can have season 3 with Juurouta Kosugi, Ryo Horikawa, Rikiya Koyama and Koichi Yamadera? And then push things even further in season 4 by throwing Kazuhiko Inoue and Hideyuki Tanaka in the mix.
AntonKutovoiApr 3, 2017 1:31 PM
Apr 3, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2015
Don't tell me Hoshitani still doesn't recognize Ootori as the 'high schooler' ?? lol

Nice intro episode, I'm soo glad this show is back! Love the songs, characters and plot.
Apr 3, 2017 3:42 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't even realize i missed this anime but seeing it again lifted my spirits^^

daaaang,the seiyuu line-up for the alumni dudes...i love.

the Riku guy is crazy hah but i really liked his song and he is pretty too,hm
Apr 3, 2017 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
I forgot that the songs always start quite randomly but they were really nice this time! The pening is fine and the ending song sounds really great.
Apr 3, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
I missed this. Glad to have it back, I'm looking forward to the new songs.
Apr 3, 2017 7:48 PM
May 2016
Am I the only one who burst our laughing when they started singing about how awesome they were? (at the end of the episode) lol I love this anime sm. I love the ending song already!
Apr 4, 2017 1:15 AM

Mar 2013
Welcome back Starmyu. Aah such a pretty opening sang by utaites.
Waiting for more songs of seiyuus! plus waiting for more happy episodes from boyszz.
Apr 4, 2017 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
Back to looking forward to Mondays again!

The cast is sooo huge now! I felt like the interactions this episode were a bit weird because there were so many people to introduce and so much talking lol hopefully it eases up. OP and ED both have kinda awkward transitions into the title logo for some reason.

And gdi they trolled us with the "gravity"; I thought there wouldn't be a "satisfy" xD

I WANT TO PROTECT THIS SMILE
Apr 4, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2010
Ohh Urashimasakasen OP

I don't know if I am watching this. I kinda like it but Idk it can get boring so.
Apr 5, 2017 8:40 AM
Mar 2010
I missed my boys so much! I'm so glad they're back. Just what I needed on this tiring day.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 5, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2015
It's kinda cheesy as usual, but I do miss them!

More characters introduced. Honestly, I don't remember people other than Team Otori, Kao Council and some of Team Hiragi, and Tsukigami Haruto. Although nice to hear Zakki is now part of this too!
Apr 5, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
Ahhh Starmiyu ahhhhh
Team otori and hiragi ahhhh
Omg Ageha 😍😍
Ancient Kaokai 😍😍
Apr 6, 2017 7:01 AM

Dec 2015
So happy to see the boys after four months (because I start watching the season 1 in december). I like the new OP and ED, and the two songs played during the episode.
I love how Kuga don't know the way haha, but is there a reason why Inumine isn't here, because we don't see him? :o

set by taiyaki

Apr 6, 2017 8:02 AM
Mar 2017
I loved Season 1 so much. It definitely wasn't perfect, but I just fell in love with it. Season 2 is off to a good start. It's great to see our boys again, and I'm hyped for the new faces. Riku though, he's kinda creepy but that's what makes him so interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he interacts with the rest of the cast, especially both Tsukigami bros and Hoshitani.
Apr 9, 2017 5:43 PM

Feb 2015
Decent re-introduction since it's been a while. Still can't recall half the names.

Riku though... pretty with yandere vibes. Nice.
Apr 9, 2017 8:11 PM
Apr 2015
Moune-Chan said:

I love how Kuga don't know the way haha,

He is Zoro from One Piece
XD
Apr 9, 2017 8:34 PM
Apr 2015
Anyone want to help me gather all the Symbolism in Rikus' song there is alot that could be there I will type the lyrics here and share some of my thoughts if you have any as well feel free to reply to me via quote with the part of the song you think may hold something symbolic.

There is a sacred light, a catharsis that comes quietly
A distant glow, so far away that I can't yet reach it
The color of the darkness is white
And I painted over it
I repeat that cut-out scene
Over and over again
A ritual to touch a god
Do not enter, no one interfere
This place is only for me
I will dance in my dreams behind doors that I've shut tight
Lightly and nimbly, I will try acting like the person I admire

Now as i am sure you are aware a lot of this is about Haruto such as this "A distant glow, so far away that I can't yet reach it" This next part leads me to believe he has seen Haruto or even met him before "I repeat that cut-out scene Over and over again A ritual to touch a god" Again with Haruto is this as well "Lightly and nimbly, I will try acting like the person I admire" Now we all know he likes Haruto but what in this song isn't about him but rather more about Riku so far i have come to the conclusion the lines "Do not enter, no one interfere This place is only for me I will dance in my dreams behind doors that I've shut tight" Is about how Riku feels toward any outside force that doesn't involve Haruto. That's about what I have come up with if anyone else has any other ways it could be seen or something I missed just point it out I would love to know more. Some of this may not make any sense untill later episodes come out though.
Apr 13, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2014
LMAO WHY DID THIS ANIME GET A SEQUEL IM DYING
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 17, 2017 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
I'm late to the party but I've finally started this sequel!!

I really liked the four songs featured in this episode, especially Kao Kai's song. Fucking incredible.

Anyways, it was an okay first episode. I've never been that into this series so I don't have that much to say about the characters. It's cute, that's all.
MayukaJun 17, 2017 10:45 PM
Oct 10, 2017 12:37 AM
Oct 2017
Welcome back Starmyu. Aah such a pretty opening sang by utaites.
Waiting for more songs of seiyuus! plus waiting for more happy episodes from boyszz.

- - - Choi Minzi - - -
Sorry Not Sorry lyrics
Mar 17, 2022 2:08 AM

Feb 2020
It was a good first episode.

Ageha is such a weirdo, but I really liked his song.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 6, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Starmyu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

16 by Serafos »»
Mar 18, 2022 3:07 AM

Poll: » Starmyu 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2017

6 by Serafos »»
Mar 18, 2022 1:53 AM

Poll: » Starmyu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Mar 17, 2022 1:39 PM

Poll: » Starmyu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

10 by Serafos »»
Mar 17, 2022 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.