Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2017 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fun. A bloody battle on the battlefield to characters saying good byes like they accepted their fate.

Aina's role this episode didn't change much from the franchise in the end. However, she retains her mature feel even in this finale. RIP Mika, not that I didn't expect it but it was sad to see him again. At least he gets to see his friend Orga now.
Stark700Apr 2, 2017 5:31 AM
Apr 2, 2017 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
Rustal is a piece of trash. He got away with everything.

5/5
Z4KApr 11, 2017 9:31 AM
Apr 2, 2017 2:09 AM
Dec 2014
our lord and saviour meatman literally ended slavery yet people are still going to think he's an evil monster

also holy shit is old Julietta ugly
Apr 2, 2017 2:14 AM
Mar 2017
where are you watching it
Apr 2, 2017 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
OWATTE SHIMATTA........

Apr 2, 2017 3:26 AM

Nov 2009
the 2nd cour of this season was a trainwreck. It had potential but failed to capitalize on it. If they thought that mellow epilogue is enough to make up for the earlier bad writing and retribution never coming for the main villain, well, that they though wrong.

6/10 Maybe not the most horrible disaster in the franchise but a disaster nevertheless.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 2, 2017 4:06 AM
May 2014
This season thought us that idiealism is for losers and that you need to be as ruthless and corrupt as possible so you can win everything and get all the power.
Apr 2, 2017 4:15 AM

Apr 2010
Oh the sweet sweet moment of Iok's Death!! How I savored every second of it!! for that alone I give this series 10/10!!

It's sad that Mikazuki had to die too, but that just the last piece of the puzzle needed to make this show a masterpiece.. Although not everything went according to our hopes and wishes for Tekkadan, still we got to see them moving forward!! Best ending I've seen in recent years.. Everything is just perfect..

Apr 2, 2017 4:15 AM

Aug 2015
Well I really enjoyed this series. It was sad to see those guys die, but it was expected. It was also nice them grown up and with their new lives. Oh and how can I forget Iok's death! I enjoyed that quite a lot.
Apr 2, 2017 4:18 AM
Mar 2017
the ending of IBO just justify why there are so many NTR hentai fan in japan...
Apr 2, 2017 4:20 AM

Feb 2014
Based Rustal. He was the real hero. What a waste of time, god dammit. This season was so bad.
IctiusApr 2, 2017 4:23 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:22 AM
Dec 2015
10/10

The fight scene in this episode was superb. It could not get any more hype-er. That moment when Iok was getting squeezed/flattened by Akihiro was just pure gold! The feels part fit in perfectly. It was sad to see them go. One of the best Gundam series for me. It might also be one of the best "war" genre anime.
Apr 2, 2017 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
This series had such a great start and character developments but the last few episodes have been such a letdown for me. Probably because none of the characters I loved from this series went on to have a future but ended up sacrificing themselves for happiness of the others (just like a family member would do). I really didn't enjoy how Mikazuki was weakened either, felt like he became too strong and the writers needed to find a way to kill him and ended up using OP illegal weapons. Another thing is how Kudelia became very weak and pretty irrelevant throughout most of season 2 even though in season 1 she was regarded as "The Maiden of Revolution" while resembling the maiden in that book from season 1. Also anyone else feel like Gundam Bael was one of the biggest letdown even after being introduced as the Gundam Agnika piloted?
I had huge expectations from season 2 and it feels like I was shot down from so many expectations.

Honestly speaking, this series has such a huge universe and if they wanted to they can even create a season 3 out of this to expand more even if Mika and Orga is dead.

For a gundam series this felt way different compared to the other series. Lots of deaths from the main casts and a ending that shows the opponents of the main characters winning as well as the main character dying just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, I'm glad Iok died.
HyuseApr 2, 2017 4:32 AM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 2, 2017 4:24 AM

Dec 2014
So that's our ending. As a finale to the events that have transpired thus far it was surprisingly really good but my issue is with the direction the story took in this second season and not the finale itself.

I guess I'll start off by saying everything I liked about the finale.
-The action was awesome, Mika and Akihiro finally together till the very end was awesome.
-IOK DIED, That was seriously the best part. So satisfying watching him getting crushed. XD
-For the direction the story took, they gave it an acceptable and rather bittersweet ending. At least the world came out a better place, so yeah well done for that.
-Atra's become quite the beauty. XD Akatsuki is nice. :P

That aside, as I stated above the writing and plot development for this 2nd cour of the season hasn't been all that good. A lot of events such as the mobile armor arc and the initial arc with focus on the Earth branch became kinda pointless given the direction the story was ultimately heading in these final episodes. What was the point of all that happening? they were more like distractions to fill the episodes. Tekkadan teamed up with Fareed to revolutionize the corrupt Gjallarhorn and change the structure of the world for the better, I didn't like it when they revealed that they were just gonna abandon that objective. I suppose Tekkadan after all these years and growing as a big organization lost the flair they had in the first season to charge head on and make a difference. It just doesn't feel right to end a story with the protagonists abandoning their goal and choosing to escape, it kinda defeats the purpose of all the hardships they've faced. Nonetheless I did like how Mika realized they had already reached the place that Orga was trying to take them too.

I guess as a whole you could say the theme of this season is to Appreciate the things you already have and never lose sight of them over the greed of getting more. As referenced by Mika they had already reached the place they wanted to be, they were already family. The longing for more is what eventually resulted in the death of Tekkadan and I guess this is what this story tries to convey.

The time skip summary was good enough for me, at least the Fareed events brought about change in the Gjallarhorn's governing structure. I suppose it feels sad to see Rustal and co get away with all the corruption but hey it's not like our irl governments are pure so what the hell? At least here we can see there's change for the better, while it's a little unbelievable to see that everything turned out positively after those events, I'll take what I get. It's better than showing a corrupt Gjallharorn still ruling.

It's been quite the run, I have to admit that I didn't like the direction of the story in this 2nd season but it was still entertaining and enjoyable enough with an ending that I find acceptable but the deaths of all the characters were complete bullshit and could have been done better. XD

8/10, First season was definitely the better one though but I can't bring myself to give this one a lower rating. :P

R.I.P Tekkadan, you will be remembered.
Lelouch0202Apr 2, 2017 8:31 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:25 AM

Apr 2014
Gaelio was the main character all along. I should have seen it coming.
Apr 2, 2017 4:28 AM

Feb 2015
CG said:
the 2nd cour of this season was a trainwreck. It had potential but failed to capitalize on it. If they thought that mellow epilogue is enough to make up for the earlier bad writing and retribution never coming for the main villain, well, that they though wrong.

6/10 Maybe not the most horrible disaster in the franchise but a disaster nevertheless.

This sum's my feelings 100%
What a joke this season was compared to season 1.
Apr 2, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2011
I loved this ending, its going to divide people no doubt but this is a very ballsy shot at idealism and self sacrifice being portrayed as a greater good and the crushing realities of war that contradict them. Its nihilistic and depressing but I can only applaud this decision more than anything even if I am sure some people are just going to feel the show is weaker because of it. Rustal nor tekkadan were evil, they were both routes to corruption or a negative impact on the world, they have both done messed up things and killed but it was a fight for existences.

I do wish things in the finale were handled better, it was kind of rushed and should of been spread out across an entire cour, but I am still gonna give this a 8/10, probably up there are one of my favorite au gundams, it went from a generic row row fight the power action show to something much more critiquing and criticizing the glorification of violence in media with this depressing finale.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2013
Best Scene of the Season: Iok crushed to death.
The feeling, wow. I am satisfied by that scene.
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList

Dec 2013
FallenUndead said:
CG said:

This sum's my feelings 100%
What a joke this season was compared to season 1.

Complete agree with this as well.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 2, 2017 4:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If there's something that this season has taught me, it's that fake piece of shit leaders will always win

Rustal Elion is the dirtiest and most hypocritical person in this entire series and the fact that he and Julietta are in the position their in is the biggest farce ever

I'm happy that Kudelia and everyone else got their wish but honestly, the only one I can get behind is Ride because everyone are just rolling over all the for the sake of a peace given to them by the same old bullshit organization that we all know only changed on the surface but whatever

This series was still great and even though Kudelia is going to unfortunately die a virgin/taking care of someone else's kid, that cunt Iok at least ended up dying

I can't rate this higher than an 8 solely because of the rushed and nonsensical last few episodes/ending

EDIT: Forgot to give props to the only character that didn't go full retard....Shoutout to my boy Ride....Oh how I wish that you assassinated Rustal and Julietta too

And also, I would like to congratulate Atra for not only growing out of her loli syndrome, but also somehow managing to become hotter than Kudelia who by some strange phenomenon because less attractive and thicc
TokoyaApr 2, 2017 5:30 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:31 AM

Feb 2013
A quick question:
Where did Almiria go?
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Apr 2, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
One of the worst Gundam I saw...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 4:32 AM

Sep 2011
CG said:

why should the main villain reach retribution though, he may of done bad things but so did tekkadan and mcgillis, rustal was a necessary evil to keep stability in the world before he could move to capitalize on his endgame found in this epilogue. The show was gray as shit, probably the most morally gray in the entire franchise but tekkadan and mcgillis arguably would of done more harm to the world with their anarchistic power goal.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 2, 2017 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
Kudos to Akihiro who did a great job!!! xD
I lol at the assisanation at the end!!! Fitting place to died!! !xD
Too bad Rustal bastard got away. :(
Julietta and Gealio got survive and got together. While not hating this couple, doesn't feel anything for this couple either. Julietta still that annoying attitude and Rustal lapdog.
Old man and Merribit's got together!!! Saw this coming but great to see it happened!!! xD
Good thing at least we got survivors.
Mika's child is cute!! xD
Kudelia and Atra grown up.
Mika died, killing only underlings in the end, which is disappointing. Ever since he has taken down Mobile Armor, he only got to kill mostly underling enemies which is quite a disappointment IMO.

Overall, an average conclusion to an average sequel which feels like it loses itself most of time while have some great moment and mostly annoying moment (Iok and Julietta).
Apr 2, 2017 4:33 AM
Aug 2010
Im so triggered Julietta was kept alive at the end. WRITERS AT LEAST KILL HER HOLY SHIT.
Apr 2, 2017 4:35 AM

Jun 2011
MidAvionics said:
A quick question:
Where did Almiria go?

That's actually a good question. Guess they were too lazy to show her grown up side. She was irrelevant anyways
Apr 2, 2017 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
WhiteApple said:
Im so triggered Julietta was kept alive at the end. WRITERS AT LEAST KILL HER HOLY SHIT.
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once, IOK fought dirty and underhandedly and died due to his stupid valor, julietta always fought fair and square and with honor even down to the final battle with mika using a careful head knowing when not to rush into things.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 2, 2017 4:37 AM
Aug 2010
JizzyHitler said:
WhiteApple said:
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once
You cant call her innocent either. She works under Rustal, who was the dirtiest man in the whole series.
Apr 2, 2017 4:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
CG said:

why should the main villain reach retribution though, he may of done bad things but so did tekkadan and mcgillis, rustal was a necessary evil to keep stability in the world before he could move to capitalize on his endgame found in this epilogue. The show was gray as shit, probably the most morally gray in the entire franchise but tekkadan and mcgillis arguably would of done more harm to the world with their anarchistic power goal.
I would agree with you if Rustal wasn't even more of a contradiction as Iok was.....The only difference between them is that he's smarter tbh but they're both made of the same filth just a different brand (And in this case the same old corrupt brand Gjallarhorn is historically known for)

But hey, like I said before, this series taught us all that it pays off being like Rustal
Apr 2, 2017 4:39 AM

Sep 2011
WhiteApple said:
JizzyHitler said:
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once
You cant call her innocent either. She works under Rustal, who was the dirtiest man in the whole series.
the dirtiest man in the whole series was arguably mcgillis not rustal. The entire series conflict was basically because of mcgillis' revolution even at the start where he was using tekkadan to his dirty work killing off carta and disrupting power in the ghjalahjorn. Rustal was a neccessarry evil to keep stability even if that gave way to corruption in the world, mcgillis would of offset that balance and set the world into an anarchistic power hungry struggle.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 2, 2017 4:39 AM
Dec 2014
I really enjoyed the finale. Sometimes the underdogs just don't win. The victors are the ones with overwhelming strength - this series really drives home that point.
Apr 2, 2017 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
Z4k said:
Gaelio was the main character all along. I should have seen it coming.

Yea, that was the main reason I kept the score to 9/10. A bit overkill maybe, but whatever.
I dont blame it for failing to become a masterpiece :)
Apr 2, 2017 4:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
WhiteApple said:
kill off the single most innocent character in the entire show who never fought dirty once, IOK fought dirty and underhandedly and died due to his stupid valor, julietta always fought fair and square and with honor even down to the final battle with mika using a careful head knowing when not to rush into things.
How does blindly and later intentionally following the most corrupt person in this entire series = Her being innocent lol....Her character literally had zero development
Apr 2, 2017 4:43 AM
May 2015
Had saw this coming and didn't think that sunrise has the ball to wreck this all Up.
That rustal is still alive and people think he's the hero.All The character like Mika and akihiro dead.
I don't know if they'll be a sequel or what, but that Old fat guy die by Ride's gun and I want to see Tekkadan Rise again. No rise Your Flag here in this season . All I can see is defeated .

Edit:
6/10. People die if they are killed.
khaizer91Apr 2, 2017 4:46 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:43 AM

Apr 2013
I seriously cant get over the fact that Julieta did not die! FFFFUU. This annoying insect!!

On a serious note Rustal not only does the darnest thing he gets to live and goes on to succeed. Talk about a big BAD victory.

Rip tekkaden boys. Your ideals were nvr meant to be the moment you chose to side with a messiah complex.
Apr 2, 2017 4:48 AM

Feb 2008
Considering the events of recent episodes, the finale felt really satisfying.

The final stand of the two Gundam Frames was sublime, through the sheer willpower of their pilots they still managed to keep fighting, despite being hit by Dainsleif. More importantly, Iok met his gruesome demise, something that greatly exhilarated me (in addition to Gordon Nobliss's death). In the greater scheme of things, the demise of those two frames, demons, signified the end of an era. Perhaps that enables the world to remain relatively peaceful for another 300 years...

I somewhat expected Gjallarhorn to end up like this. McGillis's efforts were fruitful in the end, albeit in an unexpected manner. Kudelia also served a distinct purpose, as she managed to start moving on with fulfilling her dreams.

I was glad to see that Gaelio x Julieta happened in the end. Mikazuki's child was also charming...
Apr 2, 2017 4:49 AM
Jan 2013
Glad i am not the only one who is happy to see that pathetic iok finally dies in the end. Can't remember any other anime character i wanted to die so badly.
Apr 2, 2017 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
2nd season was such a letdown. Everything felt weird for me ever since the arc involving the Earth Branch.

Although it was satisfying to finally see Iok die, I still really wanted Julieta to die too. She did literally nothing at all, except for that asspull where she kicked one arm to Shino.

So in the end Gjallarhorn won and Rustal didnt die either. The most corrupt leader didnt die and ended up leading the new Gjallarhorn. Fuck this shit, using illegal weapons and whatever means for him to win and acting as if its the right thing to do, whose to say his still not doing illegal shit even with the facade on that he is helping to better the world currently?

I cant even imagine the struggles Cookie and Cracker have to go through in school when Tekkadan finally got defeated and will forever be known as the terrorist oraganisation. Theres also Almiria, what happened to her? After they showed her resolved to always stick and carry the sins of Mcgillis, they didnt even explain what happened to her in the end.

Atra became really beautiful in the end and i love the relationship between her and Kudelia in the end with the latter still taking care of the former, Although i still wish Kudelia had a child with Mika but this is still good enough. Although one thing i really hated was how Kudelia was demoted to side character for season 2. She was so important in season 1 and I really wanted to see what she could have done for the Political aspect during season 2 aside from what she finally did in the end. Its like the script writers didnt even care about her anymore and just dumped what needed to be done by the end of the series, which is to help with the lives of people, so that she can finally be useful after 25 episode into the 2nd season.

Overall even though i hated the progression of season 2 but I'll still give them the credit for having the balls to make the villain ultimately win in the end.
Apr 2, 2017 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
This series taught me that in the end the good always wins :) Rustal did everything Tekkadan, McGillis and Kudelia tried to achieve in 49 episodes, he was chaotic good in this series. I can't understand why he is to blame, it was all because Orga's bad decisions and him teaming up with McGillis.
Such a shame that Iok died - it was so forced, as his whole character. He was supposed to be the centre of everyone's anger and just because he died, everyone is happy now and forgets how bad the series was overall.
Apr 2, 2017 4:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
WhiteApple said:
the dirtiest man in the whole series was arguably mcgillis not rustal. The entire series conflict was basically because of mcgillis' revolution even at the start where he was using tekkadan to his dirty work killing off carta and disrupting power in the ghjalahjorn. Rustal was a neccessarry evil to keep stability even if that gave way to corruption in the world, mcgillis would of offset that balance and set the world into an anarchistic power hungry struggle.
So we just gonna ignore that not only does Rustal uphold and signify everything wrong with Gjallarhorn, but also that Iok and everything he did were sanctioned and pardoned by this man,. ...And are we also gonna forget that this man went and became the ultimate hypocrite by doing the exact same things that Iok did but on a much worse and grander scale?

But in your eyes, someone like Macky is even dirtier....My goodness what am I even reading because this entire series' conflict started because of Gjallarhorn's corruption and Tekkadan's right against their tyranny....Macky only used this as an opportunity to get rid of all the filth like Rustal and rightfully so....This man used blind idiots like Carta for an actual noble cause and people wanna label this man as the devil
TokoyaApr 2, 2017 4:57 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2009
sbt_ said:
Glad i am not the only one who is happy to see that pathetic iok finally dies in the end. Can't remember any other anime character i wanted to die so badly.

Same. When I saw Akihiro crush Iok, I almost scream "YES FINALLY" but had to hold back until the end of episode to confirm so that I did not get troll again. So happy at least Iok finally died. xD Again, great job Akihiro!!!xD
Apr 2, 2017 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
9/10 IOK DEATH /o/

the only true OTP protect by the fuck plot armor

It was a great show

Apr 2, 2017 4:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Really, was the last? Was nice episode, although already saw coming this end ; _ ; or not? everyone!!
For me await a more changes, even a revolution, but finally watch the end of a new begining!!!

7/10.
Apr 2, 2017 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
ArcanaTrace said:

Overall even though i hated the progression of season 2 but I'll still give them the credit for having the balls to make the villain ultimately win in the end.

How is Rustal a villain? Mars is now independent, Human Debris were banned, Gjallarhorn is now democratic. All thanks to this magnificent man.
Apr 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
Atra became quite a beauty and ride looks badass. Julietta needs more meat indeed, Thank god Kujan is dead, shame that Akihiro died. Last battle has top notch animation. 9/10 from me
Apr 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Sep 2014
What a finale IBO anyways its so satisfying to see Iok to be crushed to death by Akihiro.
Overall a a good series for me.

Seeing this Barbatos-sama T^T.
Apr 2, 2017 5:02 AM

May 2013
Iok is dead, the final fight was awesome, Iok is dead, Rustal wasn't so much a bad guy after all, Iok is dead and Mika's son is cute as fuck, I say it's a wrap up, I like it.

IOK IS FUCKING DEAD! YES! FUCK YES!
Apr 2, 2017 5:04 AM
Mar 2017
new season maybe...with ride revive tekkadan and mikazuki son become the mc???
Apr 2, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2013
Probably the most disappointed I've ever been for a Gundam series period...

At least Iok died like a little cunt bag.
Apr 2, 2017 5:08 AM
Dec 2014
ponytail Yamagi is hot as fuck, no homo
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.