Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2010 3:51 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Doumoto is trying to make a move on Kobato. I wonder if Fujimoto is going to intervene. Too bad for Doumoto because I don't think Kobato understands what he's trying to express.
Feb 16, 2010 7:18 PM

Apr 2008
Haha ... i dunno whether should i feel bad for Doumoto xD lol

Feb 16, 2010 8:19 PM
Oct 2007
O_______O

That was unexpected. Kobato can have Fujimoto. I'll take Doumoto. :)
Feb 16, 2010 8:30 PM

Feb 2008
that ended on a rather bitter note. two failed attempts at confessing and not a single happy thing happened today. i wonder what she will do when she has to leave.
Feb 16, 2010 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
What's up with all that candy? I can't remember her spreading all that happiness. Was she working in the hospital as a nurse or something?

I knew Doumoto would pull something this episode; that son of a bitch!

My primary complaint is the wrong sound effect used when Fujimoto hanged up. It was clearly a land line phone sound effect. What's up with that?!
Feb 16, 2010 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
In the manga I'm totally Fujibato fan. But in the anime they make Fujimoto more jerk. Doumoto is so kind, and when he starting to talk... *______* So go Doumoto (in the anime). XD
Sorry for my bad English. ^^'
Feb 17, 2010 1:22 AM
Oct 2007
nikici said:
In the manga I'm totally Fujibato fan. But in the anime they make Fujimoto more jerk. Doumoto is so kind, and when he starting to talk... *______* So go Doumoto (in the anime). XD

I kinda agree with you. Doumoto rarely shows up at all in the manga. The chances of him being a third wheel was like 0.00000000001% but the anime is obviously different. Still, I don't think Kobato's gonna end up with anybody other than Fujimoto, if she ends up with anyone at all.

Maximatum99 said:
What's up with all that candy? I can't remember her spreading all that happiness. Was she working in the hospital as a nurse or something?

The same was done when the season transitioned from Summer to Fall. There is an apparent time skip and we're supposed to assume she earned those konpeito at some point during the last season. I think the animators are trying to completely finish Kobato, instead of leaving it hanging, because it will be years before CLAMP gives us a real ending. :)
Feb 17, 2010 2:47 AM

Aug 2008
Annisa said:
Maximatum99 said:

The same was done when the season transitioned from Summer to Fall. There is an apparent time skip and we're supposed to assume she earned those konpeito at some point during the last season. I think the animators are trying to completely finish Kobato, instead of leaving it hanging, because it will be years before CLAMP gives us a real ending. :)

A friend of mine told me that the anime will have a filler ending, most probably because the manga comes out too slow >.<

Anyway, I kinda like how things started to turn out in the anime ^^" I mean Doumoto is really such a nice guy and he'll perfectly fit Kobato x3 Though I'm still a Fujibato supporter, I really look forward to see how will this love triangle develop :3
Feb 17, 2010 4:12 AM

Feb 2009
yay,,, I absolutely want the couple KobatoxDoumoto :):) damn Fujimoto! He ruined their moment :@ Also it's kind of sad for Doumoto 'cause Kobato doesn't understand what he means :(

Harada_Risa said:
Annisa said:
Maximatum99 said:

A friend of mine told me that the anime will have a filler ending, most probably because the manga comes out too slow >.<

I don't want a filler ending,,, but I guess there's nothing you can really do about this T_T
Feb 17, 2010 5:01 AM
Dec 2008
If I made a ranking of couples it would be:
1- KobatoxIorogi (LOL)
2- KobatoxDoumoto
3-KobatoxFujimoto (ugge ugge)

I haven't read the manga yet. So can't really judge fair. Iorogi is already speaking of the couple Dobato, so. Lets hope for the best :D
Feb 17, 2010 6:06 AM

Jan 2009
Annisa said:
Still, I don't think Kobato's gonna end up with anybody other than Fujimoto, if she ends up with anyone at all.

Unfortunately, I think so too. :( Poor Doumoto. But, well, I hope Fujimoto will be more friendly, soon.
Sorry for my bad English. ^^'
Feb 17, 2010 6:57 AM

Mar 2008
Things are heating up!! Wooooo!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2010 7:51 AM

Nov 2009
Fujibato all the way.
Doumoto is nice, but I don't think he would be good for Kobato..

And besides, maybe since Fujimoto sees that Doumoto is interested in Kobato, he'll start trying to fight for her?
Chop_sticksAug 26, 2012 8:47 AM
B)
Feb 17, 2010 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
Doumoto ;_;
Feb 17, 2010 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
Why does Fujimoto have such a horrible hair cut? Just cut off the damn tail and you'll be alright. CUT! IT! OFF! NOW! It's actually really bothering me.
Feb 17, 2010 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
When Doumoto admits to liking Kobato with his line "I like girls like you" and she smiles and thanks him, I just wanted to facepalm. (Not because I think Kobato is all that slow (though she is), but because I did the same thing when I was in high school when this guy gave me roses for Valentine's Day and I thanked him for being such a good friend *oiii*)

Also, talk about awkward endings. Doumoto goes full blown romantic on Kobato by asking her to spend Christmas with him and black cloud Fujimoto shows up and suddenly you hear crickets. And Kobato runs off. So then Doumoto pretends like nothing is wrong and quietly walks away, while Fujimoto explodes inside.

I mean, Fujimoto just had a really REALLY bad day. And then he comes home and sees that Kobato and Doumoto just spent the whole day together. And Kobato didn't mind. And Fujimoto JUST realized that he kind of likes her. I know this guy has issues, but this is just kicking a man when he's down.

Oh and Doumoto is so cute n_n He's so nice and thoughtful. The only bad thing is that clearly he won't end up with Kobato, especially knowing how Clamp loves to do the whole "unrequited love" triangle. It's too bad though, because Doumoto is clearly nice and a good guy, and Fujimoto is such a jerk most of the time.
Feb 17, 2010 12:45 PM

Dec 2008
Maximatum99 said:

I knew Doumoto would pull something this episode; that son of a bitch!

My primary complaint is the wrong sound effect used when Fujimoto hanged up. It was clearly a land line phone sound effect. What's up with that?!

Well actually in the manga Ioryogi explained that Kobato heal alot of hearts during the bazar :D

2-D said:
Why does Fujimoto have such a horrible hair cut? Just cut off the damn tail and you'll be alright. CUT! IT! OFF! NOW! It's actually really bothering me.

I also think he looks patetic

Feb 17, 2010 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
Hm... I don't like it. It's all crazy... and it's too far off of the manga!!!
Feb 17, 2010 3:43 PM

May 2008
Totally wasn't expecting that from Doumoto...so he likes Kobato huh? She probably doesn't understand any of it. Too naive.

Oh well. I still have my FujimotoxDoumoto x3

Feb 17, 2010 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
I think Kobato fits Fujimoto best because she's the only one who can fight back with him...
I don't even think there's a chance for Doumoto to be a possible love choice xp
Feb 17, 2010 6:21 PM

Sep 2008
Fujimoto better start realizing his feelings for Kobato before it's too late!

And idk what Iiorogy is talking about, she has so much candy :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2010 12:25 AM

Jan 2008
gotta love dobato in her fail understanding of everything.

oh, well. i'll just wait out the ending, wait a while and then try to give the manga another go xo
Feb 18, 2010 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
I'm just gonna saaay...

I KNEW IT

Though it's still pretty obvious that she'll end up with Fujimoto.
Feb 18, 2010 12:06 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very solid episode. More like these!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 18, 2010 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
^ Agreed, very different feel to the last episode.

Doumoto really is such a nice guy... but Kobato already seems to admire Fujimoto so much, with his moods easily swaying her own emotions.
Feb 18, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
LOL I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

aww aww AWWW Doumotoooo<3 he doesn't stand a chance, obviously, because it was always going to be Fujibato, and that depresses me, cause Fujimoto treats Kobato like crap and has a fricking WEIRD character design...and Doumoto is sweet and adorable and voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya hnnnngh >n<

DOBATO FTW. T^T
Feb 18, 2010 3:47 PM

Jul 2007
Before he even mentioned that he liked girls like Kobato, I was thinking about how Domoto and Kobato would make a good couple.

I'll be cheering for Domoto/Kobato now. :3

Feb 18, 2010 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
nicoliolipoli said:
I think Kobato fits Fujimoto best because she's the only one who can fight back with him...
I don't even think there's a chance for Doumoto to be a possible love choice xp

I agree with this. I'm a supporter of Fujimoto/Kobato because I find their relationship funny and ironic. :)

Anyway, interesting episode! I thought the Appendicitis part was so random though! XD Hopefully the loan shark will thank Kobato for her kindness.
Feb 18, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
What the heck is with this implied love square? O.o
Aww, Doumoto is a sweetheart. I didn't expect that from him... at all! 0.0
Feb 18, 2010 11:23 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was different from previous ones. Unlike other episodes where she tried to heal other people's heart but fail, here, she didn't even try. I kinda understand why ioryogi was annoyed at her.

loved this episode, also, Kobato looks a lot like Sakura in this episode.

Feb 19, 2010 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
Really awkward episode, imo.
Domoto confessing to Kobato felt so weird and empty because I didn't expect it.
Esp. right after all this drama with the random thug collapsing from appendicitis. It doesn't feel right. It just feels like he's using this situation to his advantage. What a creep!
Fujimoto is being a dick for no reason. He saw Kobato helping the thug and he even called Okiura to get a chance to talk to him.
And here I am, like Ioryogi, yelling at Kobato to get her Konpeito together.
Feb 19, 2010 5:10 PM

Nov 2007
Kobato got confessed to, such a good-doer person.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 20, 2010 2:40 AM

Dec 2008
Doumoto is such a nice guy or a hidden sex offender, who knows XD

I was disappointed that Kobato showed no reaction and gave him no answer.

Fujimoto is a piece of ... I hate his capricious behavior .
Feb 21, 2010 11:08 AM

May 2009
Doumoto T_____T
sorry, my english is a little bad T_T
Feb 21, 2010 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Damn it. Poor Doumoto.
Feb 21, 2010 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
That was very unexpected move from Doumoto at the end of episode. That was enjoyable, good episode, and I am looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 22, 2010 5:53 AM

May 2009
Did I just see that right? Did Domoto confess to Kobato? That is something I totally didn't see coming. Too bad she doesn't understand the true meaning of love (yet) and what he's actually trying to tell her.

Fujimoto acts as indifferent as always, though I'm sure he picked up on this. I guess the next move is now his to make.
Feb 24, 2010 8:44 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, I first thought Domoto was gay for Fujimoto. Guess I was totally wrong.
And lulz Kobato didn't get his confession.
Feb 25, 2010 1:41 PM
Nov 2008
AND SO THE LOVE TRIANGLE EMERGES WOOT! [that is if fujimoto will do something -_- ]
Feb 25, 2010 11:41 PM

Jan 2010
When I was watching this, I realize I'm starting to like Doumoto's character. I absolutely fell in love with him after his two moves on Kobato. Too bad that Kobato didn't understand what he was saying, She must have thought he's trying to cheer her up. I also think that Fujimoto is realizing his feelings for Kobato. (I think)

Judging from the preview, I'm think the next episode is going to be awesome. :D

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
Mar 12, 2010 1:59 PM

Sep 2008
Hope I'm not totally alone in saying that I completely didn't expect that from Doumoto. o_O I prefer KobatoxFujimoto.

Didn't feel like much happened in this episode... except that we can see that Kobato doesn't get what Doumoto was trying to express and tell her... Even if she likes Fujimoto, she probably wouldn't understand her own feelings, it seems.
Mar 29, 2010 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
Oh shit Domoto is outplaying Fujimoto. I think I just heard a confession from Domoto but unfortunately Kobato didn't really get what he was trying to say to her, lmao. I wonder if Domoto was about to ask Kobato out on christmas because he was saying something but Fujimoto came suddenly. Come on Fujimoto, don't lose to this Domoto guy, although they're both nice. :(

Okay so what the fuk how did Kobato get all those Konpeito? It's already winter and the bottle is almost filled, the heck fast forward much? Lol it's only a metter of time before she fills it up completely.

As for that guy who was standing, I think that's considered as harrasment because his presence is harrasing everyone around him. Yea, that's what you get for harrasing, an appendicitis.
Oct 4, 2010 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so on team Domoto xd When he first appeared I was like; don't trust him wanna bet he's the person who Fujimoto hates the most?! He's tricking you! But then I released I was watching Kobato so that wouldn't happen xd

I really like Domoto (great name btw, but I always have to think about Doumeki from xxxHolic -only the name, not the character himself) but I love that name too haha :) I don't dislike Fujimoto but he's just too cold and "in his shell" for a person like Kobato, I find it hard to imagine them together... xd I'm curious how the anime will end and if they're gonna spend Christmas together :D
Dec 25, 2010 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
looks like Doumoto just confessed to Kobato in an instant, everyone is having a hard time due to the payment coming close, Kobato made fujimoto angry again.

it was a sad slow episode but the story is getting more interesting from now on ^^
Dec 26, 2010 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
lol doumoto never saw that coming.

fujimoto is angry once again, give kobato a break will ya?

looks like the story is heating up :D
Apr 20, 2011 8:48 AM

Feb 2011
as expected to a airhead girl ofcourse she would mistook it that doumoto is cheering her xD
Jun 14, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2011
another ep i like winter theme cause first theres remain only one season for kobato and second i like her winter dress
like her when she made orgame for the guy she is kobato after all
but bad end i don't like ending at all feel like its cut :(
wait the next ep ^_^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nov 13, 2011 8:51 PM
Jul 2008
2-D said:

if he cut it off he would look to much like the grown up version of syaoran:(
Apr 28, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
I personally don't think Fujimoto deserves Kobato at all, he's been a total repressive for the entire series upto yet, aside from a few moments of slight happiness! Doumoto however is a really nice character, really cares about Kobato and is the entire opposite yet we know who she will fall for :/
Mar 1, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
Friend zoned.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.