Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2017 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh I like the psychology of this episode. First half had a little bit of buildup but I like the mech action battles from the second half.

McGillis is pretty badass, nothing less expected when he fights especially with high stakes on the line. No movements wasted and I kinda like the narratives that supplemented his fighting scenes.

That drive-by shooting scene at the end gave me the chills, holy shit..
ORGA :(
Stark700Mar 19, 2017 2:06 AM
Mar 19, 2017 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
I wouldn't mind to see everyone on the cast gunned down but Orga. Anyone but him. Yet they just had to.

Well, with this this show went from 9 to barely 7 from me
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 19, 2017 3:11 AM

Nov 2013
I don't want to believe it but when even wikia says so ._.

And again Iok didn't die though a sword pierced the cockpit, immortal piece of ....
soaruMar 19, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 19, 2017 4:21 AM

May 2009
I'm surprised that Orga died before final episode.
Mar 19, 2017 4:22 AM
Dec 2014
never bet against Iok Kujan
Mar 19, 2017 4:31 AM

Dec 2016
Bael was awesome. And we can see a little bit of the new shiden custom in the preview
War really is cruel, heh?Whether you win or not, you always lose more than you gain.
The victor can still console themselves by counting their gains,
but the defeated can only count everything they've lost.
-Kondo Isao-
Mar 19, 2017 4:34 AM

Jun 2011
God damn it, knew everything wont work out so well for them but didnt expect my favourite character to die.
Mar 19, 2017 4:36 AM

May 2012
Damn.. this is so depressing.. not Orga!!
Mar 19, 2017 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
Goddamn this episode. T.T

Fareed was pretty awesome, wrecking his opponents with Bael. Loved it when he stabbed Iok's cockpit, someone please tell me Iok is dead. Why can't they just kill him off? This just sucks man.

Looks like we really are going with the escape plan, I'm still not really sure if I'm gonna be satisfied with an ending like that but I'll save my thoughts until the final episode has aired.

ORGA T.T , This is bullshit man. Why did they have to kill him off randomly out of nowhere by some random drive-by goons? That sucks, seriously this sucks. Really sad way for his character to go out. It's like they killed him because he had to die. The blood marks at the end were a really nice touch though, especially with that last drop of blood trickling forward. IRON BLOODED BONDS TEKKADAN <3

I still wish they come up with some plan to wreck Gjallharhorn.
Lelouch0202Mar 19, 2017 4:44 AM
Mar 19, 2017 4:39 AM

Aug 2015
Damn what a sad episode...
Mar 19, 2017 4:41 AM

Dec 2009
Whoa, Orge died, that surprsed me, but in a positive way. I thought Orga will stay alive, but Mika will die. Recent episodes were a little bit dull, but ending of this one made this serie back on the rails again. But I hope Mika will die anyway in final episode. It'll be more interesting this way.
Mar 19, 2017 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
So many ass pulls in the last few episodes.

Thats it, they ruined the anime for me.
Mar 19, 2017 4:47 AM
May 2011
Finally after 48 EPISODES we can see what Mika really wants.
Until now he was a creature without a GOAL, DESIRE, PERSONALITY. Just a machine who follows orders.
I'd say the WEAKEST main character in terms of having a personality.

Hope that changes in final episodes after ORGA is dead.
Mar 19, 2017 4:59 AM

Feb 2008
If Iok had stood before Orga, all the bullets would have harmlessly passed the latter. Seriously, given how Iok survived even a hit to the cockpit, he could have done at least that much... Still, Orga went down like a man.

McGillis being McGillis, yet again. At least he enabled the Tekkadan detachment to escape the siege. I wonder, what is that man thinking of, surely not going after Rustal Elion all by himself? His shock and awe display was impressive, though.

I was glad to see the Turbines as well. That Unicorn Shiden in the preview was intriguing too.
Mar 19, 2017 5:00 AM

Feb 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
ORGA T.T , This is bullshit man. Why did they have to kill him off randomly out of nowhere by some random drive-by goons?

I'm quite sure McGillis told him to escape while he makes that commotion to do this (kill Orga) and get Mikazuki to follow him instead.
Can't wait to find out if I'm right or not :D

Mar 19, 2017 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, that was really weird. My favourite character from the first season died and I felt absolutely nothing. Maybe because the execution was simply bad?
- Mika, you can't go with Barbatos to the city, give me your gun.
- Ok.
- Oh, this brings back memories. I'll return the gun, I promise.

In this anime, when someone says that they promise something etc. it almost always results in that character's death. This was Lafter's death 2.0. Oh no, a mysterious car arrives and they shoot the "good" guys. This anime really lacks any tension.

Also, remove Mika, Atra and Kudelia. They are absolutely terrible characters. Their love triangle feels creepy.
Mar 19, 2017 5:07 AM
Jan 2016
I did not expect Orga to die like this, it's going to be interesting to see what Mika will do.
Mar 19, 2017 5:17 AM

Feb 2013
This can't be happening... why Orga... I'm sure Mika will go nuts
Mar 19, 2017 5:18 AM

Dec 2014
sasukeskapa said:
Lelouch0202 said:
ORGA T.T , This is bullshit man. Why did they have to kill him off randomly out of nowhere by some random drive-by goons?

I'm quite sure McGillis told him to escape while he makes that commotion to do this (kill Orga) and get Mikazuki to follow him instead.

It is possible but I really hope it isn't true.
Mar 19, 2017 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
Goddamnit the moment Ride and Orga started walking out the door my suspicion was rising. It's sad that I was proven right T_T
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 19, 2017 5:28 AM

Aug 2008
Next episode will be very interesting. With Orga now gone, Mika's anger will probably turn the tables on Rustal though it remains to be seen. Also, the title card for the preview is McGuillis' name himself. That is already a potential death flag for him.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 19, 2017 5:29 AM
Nov 2015
Oh damn they finally did it, they killed off my favorite character in the series, and the 2nd main character at that. Hoping I will continue to enjoy this though.
Mar 19, 2017 5:34 AM

Aug 2008
And yeah I forgot, SCREW NOBLISS GORDON!!!
HE SHOULD ALSO DIE!!!
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 19, 2017 5:34 AM

Sep 2016
Iok is unkillable as usual
and RIP orga, how many people died through classic assassination in this series?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 19, 2017 5:35 AM
May 2016
From the moment Orga borrowed Mika's gun, even when the episode's title showed (promise), that's where the death flag arise *raise your flag starts playing in the background*

I'm pretty much sure that Mika will go berserk when he knows that orga died. The preview scene for the next episode where mika said that he'll ask orga for the name of his kid, damn, it pulls out my tears.

Maybe this is one of the best episode, ignoring the ending tho.
Mar 19, 2017 5:39 AM
Apr 2016
sasukeskapa said:
Lelouch0202 said:

This is hardly possible. If you pay attention, the goons were practically the same goons standing next to the Gordon Nobliss while he was contancting Rustal Elion, inviting him to Mars. They obviously have a headquarters in Chryse and it would not be that hard for a crime syndicate to find out there is that one group in the city that keeps creating problems for them. It was a successful assassination attempt by Nobliss, Gordan.
Re:formed
Mar 19, 2017 5:43 AM

Apr 2014
WHAT THE FUCK???

I fucking didn't see that coming. Fucking hell
Mar 19, 2017 5:54 AM

Feb 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
sasukeskapa said:

This is hardly possible. If you pay attention, the goons were practically the same goons standing next to the Gordon Nobliss while he was contancting Rustal Elion, inviting him to Mars. They obviously have a headquarters in Chryse and it would not be that hard for a crime syndicate to find out there is that one group in the city that keeps creating problems for them. It was a successful assassination attempt by Nobliss, Gordan.

We'll see, but I think it's quite likely as his dialogue and actions were about getting Mika on his side but failed, and then his fight with Gjallarhorn was unnecessary unless he wanted to do something with the ones who escaped while it.

Mar 19, 2017 5:56 AM

Jul 2009
1st reaction :
FUCK!!! IdIOK survives again !!!
Last reaction :
FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!
bruh
Mar 19, 2017 6:02 AM
Dec 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
Fuken now it, The moment Orga and Ride were talking happily and the Indian guy waiting. I KNOW IT.
Mar 19, 2017 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
Nobliss Gordon is the real main villain after all. I honestly think we'll get another season or perhaps a movie because I don't think they can wrap everything up in just 2 episodes.
Mar 19, 2017 6:21 AM

Sep 2015
i was sure Orga was going to die when mika gave him his gun, it was a death flag :s

and HOW DID LOCK KUJAN SURVIVE AGAIN, common DIE ALREADY !!!

Now Mika is going to bersek and be unstopable.

Ps: i'm sad about Orga death, but he was still soo cool while dying !
Mar 19, 2017 6:31 AM
Oct 2015
McGillis finally betrays them. He's the only one who know where they were heading. So, he used Orga in order to trigger Mika and the others to fight with him.
Mar 19, 2017 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
What the hellllll
Lelouch0202 said:
ORGA T.T , This is bullshit man. Why did they have to kill him off randomly out of nowhere by some random drive-by goons? That sucks, seriously this sucks. Really sad way for his character to go out. It's like they killed him because he had to die. The blood marks at the end were a really nice touch though, especially with that last drop of blood trickling forward. IRON BLOODED BONDS TEKKADAN <3

Ictius said:

In this anime, when someone says that they promise something etc. it almost always results in that character's death. This was Lafter's death 2.0. Oh no, a mysterious car arrives and they shoot the "good" guys. This anime really lacks any tension.

Totally agree with that ;_;
That really sucks for such an important character like Orga. I mean, he deserved a better death :(((

Mar 19, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2012
holy moly I can see everyone in Tekkadan dying by the end.

It's just gonna be princess and Atra with the baby.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Mar 19, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2014
Zaymos said:
McGillis finally betrays them. He's the only one who know where they were heading. So, he used Orga in order to trigger Mika and the others to fight with him.

What? Those people shooting at Orga were Nobliss Gordon's men.

Mar 19, 2017 6:40 AM
May 2014
I once liked this series because it didn't feature all the melodrama Gundam is known for.
But, oh boy, the second seaosn sure does it's best to make up for that.
Mar 19, 2017 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
Why are people surprise that orga died in this epi?

With the talk between McGillis and mika, especially when mika keep replying "whatever orga say" couple with the episode title being promise and then mika passing his gun to orga after the talk, it is obvious the death flag is planted firmly.

Anyway I bet that is what McGillis mean by "it suits my plan". Nope I don't think he tip the enemy(fat guy that was on the phone with rustal) but he definitely foresee that chryse is under heavy surveillance and fully expect everyone in the car to die.

It is a miracle that mika two waifu didn't die. I was expecting some explosion but I guess director only wanted a specific kill same with lafter and so went the gunning route for the second time. PS: I was fully expecting a teddy bomb to kill both lafter and azee too previously.
Mar 19, 2017 6:45 AM

Jun 2013
Zaymos said:

He definitely knew it wasn't safe to separate and baited orga, but doubt he tip anyone off.

Remember that fat guy actually sponsor admoss and orga went there. Like duh, don't really take much effort except to keep surveillance on that building.
Mar 19, 2017 6:45 AM

Sep 2016
Z4k said:
Zaymos said:

who is that george soros evil looking guy
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 19, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
who is that george soros evil looking guy[/quote]

The same guy that keep talking to Kudelia in season 1 and in last week episode cut off his fund to Kudelia's company cuz he said he knew Kudelia is just gonna transfer money to tekadan.
Mar 19, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
GangsterCat said:
Z4k said:

who is that george soros evil looking guy

He's the one who sponsored Kudelia in the beginning of season 1 and even tried to assassinate her during the Dort arc.
Mar 19, 2017 6:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If a kill was done for pure shock factor, i would say it's this one. I don't know what to think about this, it got me good though, i was shocked after all. Never expected Orga to die.
Mar 19, 2017 7:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well I knew it was coming with all the hints and talk of "escaping", but it still pisses me off.

The last 6 or 7 episodes have turned this from being the premier action series this season into an exercise in masochism. We get to see women and minors being massacred and oppressed left and right and have snide, petulant oppressors sitting in their safe cushy seats exploit and murder them without any chance of retaliation.
What's the point?
I mean yeah, some old classic UC Gundams had the whole kill em all thing going on, but at least the bad guys were also falling like flies. You felt that war is futile and random. Pointless.

In IBO it seems that they want to show the elite crushing any resistance. If i didn't know better I would think that the point was to teach adolescents to behave and stay within the margins dictated by society and their elders.

Of course it might all be turned around by Mika going berserk and murdering half the world in the next couple of episodes, but by then it will feel like a pointless asspull. And just the thought of having Julietta thwart him and hear some of her preachy sermons makes me vomit.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 19, 2017 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
There's almost no way anyone will survive save for Atra, Kudelia, and possibly Mika but he'll be a vegetable for sure if he does survive (also Iok has a chance he's like the series Katejina Loos but he'll fare better than she ended up heck he should've died this episode but nope we don't get nice things in this anime), but I'm surprised at the lack of more gruesome deaths so late on, it's also kinda generic to see a typical drive by killing off characters instead of the bombings and such in earlier episodes.

Mar 19, 2017 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
I really liked this series before but this is just getting ridiculous. I didn't feel anything when Orga died and I've cried before when other characters have died. This just feels cheap. What a shame.
Mar 19, 2017 7:15 AM

Sep 2009
I know something went awfully awry when 8~ episodes ago I was praising this show like the second coming of christ.

But the last 7 eps had me seriously considering that. And now it just culminated and made me realize how much of a shitshow this is.

Could've been better if they made Orga's death truly shocking. With the sudden death flag raising this ep you'd think the writer was the same guy from fucking Hot Shots who also probably wrote episode 3 of Kancolle. Just absolutely predictable.

Also, is the writer afraid of killing bad guys? Only Jasley and that other dude that Akihiro killed are dead bad guys. The lack of gratification just makes this thing an absolute chore to endure.

Gawddammit. I'm now thoroughly convinced that modern anime writers cannot write up good conclusions. For the last 3 seasons I have not watched a seasonal anime with a truly satisfying ending, barring comedies(ironically).

Mar 19, 2017 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
I mean i knew already something bad was gonna happen as they step outside I ema really?! the same scenario like Lafter. Then mika gonna get triggered. I am betting they making a movie cuz the bad guys are still fuckin alive and wont be kill off in the next two episode.
Mar 19, 2017 7:38 AM
Oct 2012
Orga, whyyyy...
This is just madness..

It's nice to see that Azee doesn't blinded by revenge after all the things that happened to her, instead, she moved on and leads the rest of Turbines, with Naze's style....
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.