Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally! After a long hiatus it's finally back.

*Yawn*
Not gonna argue again with a stupid troll.
Jan 31, 2017 2:19 PM
Mar 2015
Here are the chapter 176 raw s http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4961637750
The raws have disappeared from the tieba.baidu website Hopefully, they have not been forced to delete them by the Japanese publisher or the Chinese government which shut down Red Hawk Scarns
landofthekwtFeb 10, 2017 9:33 AM
Jan 31, 2017 2:51 PM
Oct 2016
Jan 31, 2017 3:56 PM

Dec 2015

I do not really want to comment without seeing the translated version first, but after this long hiatus (T____T) At last! the long wait is over.

I think Chihaya will have to think really hard before deciding on what to do with Sudo's offer or decline his offer right away.

Jan 31, 2017 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
Nunnally03 said:

I do not really want to comment without seeing the translated version first, but after this long hiatus (T____T) At last! the long wait is over.

I think Chihaya will have to think really hard before deciding on what to do with Sudo's offer or decline his offer right away.

I do not want to sound rude but ... You do know that Chihaya went all the way to Toudai just to ask for those recording right?
Why would she refuse Sudo now that he's offering her a chance? She needs that for her practice .
*Yawn*
Feb 1, 2017 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
Cuebee said:
Nunnally03 said:

I do not want to sound rude but ... You do know that Chihaya went all the way to Toudai just to ask for those recording right?
Why would she refuse Sudo now that he's offering her a chance? She needs that for her practice .

Early discussion but rest assured, I know what I am talking about.

Feb 2, 2017 6:02 PM
Oct 2016
So what do you guys think about Taichi running away from Chihaya?
He's trying, separate himself from her...wouldn't that mean he's also trying to move on now? He can still play karuta with her without the need to stay in love with Chihaya.

I wonder what will happen though with Chihaya in regards to the USB issue.
Feb 3, 2017 2:05 PM
Feb 2017
Nunnally03 said:

Early discussion but rest assured, I know what I am talking about.

pluto_sanFeb 3, 2017 2:13 PM
Feb 3, 2017 4:17 PM

Nov 2015
pluto_san said:

There shouldn't be any problem except Chihaya herself. Sudo is offering a good deal, recordings+a practice partner (a strong one at that), so how much does she really want those recordings? Is she really going to do everything just to get them?

I don't know about Nunally , but IMO whatever Chihaya's reply to Sudo will be, I will always link it to the reply that she gave to Arata (that there is nothing more important to her right now except her dreams).

a.) Chihaya accepting Sudo's offer - if she did this, then it will just prove that what she said to Arata is true, that what's really important for her right now is her dream.
b.) Asking Sou directly - this one is a bit tricky, because of the way Sou treated her. If Sou didn't treat her like that because she wanted to get the recordings, then what will happen to her pride? She's just going to prove him that what he said is true.
c.) Make do without the USB - try to get stronger in other ways or find it in different ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~
If you will ask me, I wish she will do (c), because not only it will show that her friends and her dream are equally important to her...but it will also show her development, that she indeed became someone who's willing to do things on her own without asking for help, that's she'll be patient enough to get what she wanted. Which is what Taichi doing right now.

You are comparing it to Harada and Hiro, but they are both also important to her the same way as Arata which means it's fine whoever she chose unlike with Sudo.
Now like what Nunally said,when it comes to her friends Chihaya is someone who have always been weighing her friends. ="Which what should I support?" = then eventually "I am not here to take anyone's side, but to learn from them"

As far as I understand, this dilemma has something to do with how Chihaya always think that she can love and do both things "equally"
You can do both things or even more than 2, but you can't always give your best to all of them "equally" there will always be one that will weigh in more to you than the others. Which is what we have been seeing from Chihaya all this time. She's always thinking that she will support both "equally" but when things went serious (like in Arata vsHarada, she ended up weighing and chose one)
And I think this is something that Chihya need to accept, you can't always give your best in both "equally" there is one thing that will always weigh more than the other. With the way Chihaya is now, if she will keep up with that, she might even lose to both her studies and karuta.

Romantically speaking, as I see it, this is Suetsugu's way of showing... or preparing for the time that Chihaya may eventually choose between Arata and Taichi.
Because we all know that she can't keep them both! she will have to choose one or reject them both.

That's what's the mistake she did in this chapter IMO.

This yes I agree that this whole volume might just be dedicated mainly for Chihaya's growth not as a karuta player but as a "person"

Salalufachi said:
He's trying, separate himself from her...wouldn't that mean he's also trying to move on now? He can still play karuta with her without the need to stay in love with Chihaya.

I do not think like that at all. It doesn't have anything to do with that.

SNIFF *wiping tears*
I'm so happy, finally there are other people giving out their opinions in this thread.
MTKN9068Feb 3, 2017 5:21 PM
For salty fans
Feb 3, 2017 7:28 PM

Dec 2015
Salalufachi said:

My opinion regarding this matter is a bit more different than yours.
Feb 6, 2017 4:59 AM
Oct 2016
MTKN1998 said:

SNIFF *wiping tears*
I'm so happy, finally there are other people giving out their opinions in this thread.

I've been wondering since the last chapter that maybe when Taichi left from Chihaya's house, he took it at his last farewell to Chihaya. Since he wasn't able to say good bye properly back when he left the club, so before moving on to his next goal. That maybe he will move on from her and by that, he need not to see her for a while and make his mind busy with other things.
So when he saw Chihaya, he runaway since he is still not ready to see her..until he move on.

So maybe his plan is to return to karuta world after he move on from Chihaya, then he can play with them again even if Chihaya is not the reason.
Feb 8, 2017 7:44 AM

Nov 2015
Salalufachi said:
MTKN1998 said:

SNIFF *wiping tears*

I've been wondering since the last chapter that maybe when Taichi left from Chihaya's house, he took it at his last farewell to Chihaya. Since he wasn't able to say good bye properly back when he left the club, so before moving on to his next goal. That maybe he will move on from her and by that, he need not to see her for a while and make his mind busy with other things.
So when he saw Chihaya, he runaway since he is still not ready to see her..until he move on.

So maybe his plan is to return to karuta world after he move on from Chihaya, then he can play with them again even if Chihaya is not the reason.
But then if he truly wants to move on from Chihaya (romantically) then shouldn't he be avoiding her at all cost? even when it comes to non-karuta related things. He was able to spend time with her around chapter 174-175...you are saying that it might be his last farewell... which means he should be avoiding Chihaya from now on even in non-karuta related things.. because if he avoided her in Toudai club and meet with her later on, then that wouldn't be considered as trying to move on.

So I guess we just have to wait for what will happen in next chapters on whether Taichi will completely avoid Chihaya/will only meet with Chihaya in a match or not.
For salty fans
Mar 2, 2017 6:12 PM
Mar 2017
Where can I find 176??? I haven't been able to track it down anywhere!
Mar 3, 2017 7:07 AM
Oct 2016
katvania said:
Where can I find 176??? I haven't been able to track it down anywhere!

We got it from the raws (but it's not translated in English), someone posted the link before but it got deleted.
Mar 16, 2017 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
Never a dull moment in this manga, is there?

Given that how Shiranami has been hogging all the glories in recent encounters I was wondering when this would come to a halt. And just like that did Murao-san just figure out Shiranami's weakness when it comes to their offensive karuta?! God, why this manga teases me like this?!

Chihaya's struggle with her studies continues as she sees how all the third-years from Mizusawa Karuta-bu are engaged with their preparations! And she is completely at a loss and she could really do with some advises from both Taichi and Arata right now. I thought she got her resolve back when Taichi gave her the encouragement in the previous chapter but it goes to show that she still doesn't have the resolve to go all out both in her studies and in her passions.

I gotta say I am loving Taichi's development! It never looked like he would get this break but look how he has become a disciple of Suo! The ice-bar eating scene was probably the most precious Taichi scene I have seen in a long while! He is so cute! OT: It seriously reminded me of how Kagura syncs with Gintoki, haha!

It seems like he is seriously taking in everything that he could to become a Meijin contender from none other than the reigning Meijin himself! God, this manga gives me the goosebumps! I cannot wait to see him contending for the Meijin title (and would love it if he wins it, even if it's against Arata!).

What I really like about Suo is that his words leave some profound impacts on the younger players. Insert his remarks that Chihaya cannot become the Queen just through sheer optimism, that Arata's karuta doesn't indulge him to have a face-off against him, that Taichi is blessed to be being borne in a wealthy family. On top of that, as a mentor, he knows how to bring the potential of others, just like how he managed Taichi to nurture his hearing ability through sounds that he could identify on his own.

Meanwhile, Sudou-san calls Chihaya (loved her reaction when he says "It's me. Sudou.") and claims that he has got hold of the karuta readers recorded voices that would overthrow Suo-meijin from his position! Sudou-san is after the Meijin title!

This took me quite a while to get hold of the raw and read this untranslated chapter. I hope someone starts translating the manga again because it's so worth it! T_T

5/5

Edit:

Salalufachi said:

I don't think he was running away from Chihaya. The reason he left the scene was so that he could concentrate on his own Karuta. Remember how it was mentioned that Taichi's karuta is heavily affected when he is around Chihaya? I think he realizes it himself and thus he wants to overcome his weakness while staying away from Chihaya when it comes to karuta and return as strong as ever.

Arata:

I just got two pages of Arata. Which is okay. I love it how he remains a shadow of a character in the manga for long periods of time, thus every time he makes an appearance, it seems all the more special.

I read one of the comments from another chapter discussion thread that he resembles a certain character from Suetsugu Yuki-sensei's another manga but I really don't think they have anything in common. He is more than just a glasses-guy. He has a lot of weaknesses and he has his own struggles to fight against as well. The greatest character development he had was the moment he gave up remaining in that run-down room where he played karuta with Chihaya and Taichi. It was the moment he also gave up what defined his karuta as Chihayaburu — unwavering, unyielding and impassionate. It was the moment he caste aside something that had drawn Chihaya to him. Just so that he could improve himself, in his quest for the meijin title as well as reinventing his own self. He also starts seeing Taichi as a rival worthy of his attention. His sigh of relief of not requiring to face Taichi is tantamount to how much he admires his friend. He is also someone who gave meaning to both Chihaya and Taichi's lives. "You cannot call that your dream" and "You are a coward". Those words worked like magic for both Chihaya and Taichi. Arata's character is more than just a future meijin or a love interest for Chihaya. I feel that the fans of either sides give him much less credit than he is due.
shanimebibMar 16, 2017 6:52 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 17, 2017 5:32 AM

Mar 2013
@shanimebib
Where did you read it? Because as far as I know the raw for chapter 176 was deleted.
*Yawn*
Mar 17, 2017 9:07 AM
Nov 2015
Cuebee said:
@shanimebib
Where did you read it? Because as far as I know the raw for chapter 176 was deleted.

@Cuebee It seems like today Chapter 176 came out in some english manga websites! ;)
Mar 18, 2017 8:23 AM

Mar 2013
unaperrasarnosa said:
Cuebee said:
@shanimebib

@Cuebee It seems like today Chapter 176 came out in some english manga websites! ;)

Yes, but @shanimebib posted back before TDX released the scan and it was also during that time that the raw was deleted. The raws for the next chapters are easier to find than this one, but she found this one easily and not the other two. So I was wondering where did she read it., because I wanted to re-read it befor,e but I couldn't find it (just in case she know another source)
*Yawn*
Mar 20, 2017 6:16 AM

Nov 2015
@shanimebib

Arata's character is more than just a future meijin or a love interest for Chihaya. I feel that the fans of either sides give him much less credit than he is due.

Fans of Taichi and Chihaya?
I think we cannot really help it if Taich fans will pay more attention to Taichi and analyze Taichi more than Arata, since he's their favorite character, so it's pretty normal that they only try to think more deeply about their favorite character.
Arata have fans of his own, so they can give him the credit that he deserve, analyze him as more than as the future Meijin or another love interest for Chihaya. But of course, if they don't want to think of that too deeply, I think it's also fine.
Some people will want to talk about that, but some don't.
MTKN9068Mar 20, 2017 6:20 AM
For salty fans
Mar 21, 2017 9:37 AM
Oct 2016
shanimebib said:

Arata:

I just got two pages of Arata. Which is okay. I love it how he remains a shadow of a character in the manga for long periods of time, thus every time he makes an appearance, it seems all the more special.

I read one of the comments from another chapter discussion thread that he resembles a certain character from Suetsugu Yuki-sensei's another manga but I really don't think they have anything in common. He is more than just a glasses-guy. He has a lot of weaknesses and he has his own struggles to fight against as well. The greatest character development he had was the moment he gave up remaining in that run-down room where he played karuta with Chihaya and Taichi. It was the moment he also gave up what defined his karuta as Chihayaburu — unwavering, unyielding and impassionate. It was the moment he caste aside something that had drawn Chihaya to him. Just so that he could improve himself, in his quest for the meijin title as well as reinventing his own self. He also starts seeing Taichi as a rival worthy of his attention. His sigh of relief of not requiring to face Taichi is tantamount to how much he admires his friend. He is also someone who gave meaning to both Chihaya and Taichi's lives. "You cannot call that your dream" and "You are a coward". Those words worked like magic for both Chihaya and Taichi. Arata's character is more than just a future meijin or a love interest for Chihaya. I feel that the fans of either sides give him much less credit than he is due.

This is beautifully written and I totally agree with it. That's why it's just really sad to see what some people are saying about him.
Mar 31, 2017 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
Shanimebib@, about Arata, i think he can't be appreciated as much, because he sort of has been left in the background. And to me Taichi's development is just so much more interesting! Suetsugu san actually made me read the poems since i started following Taichi. So now i'm actually scruting every card that is shown and trying to understand. Suetsugu san sure completed her mission when is comes to the Hyakunin Isshu!
chiakimagotoMar 31, 2017 11:57 AM
Sep 18, 2018 6:20 PM

Nov 2016
Granted, many players dream to become Meijin, but I wasn't expecting Sudou to show his resolve in such a manner.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2018 10:00 AM
Mar 2015
Sudo is reacting this way because he is jealous of the attention that Suo is paying to Taichi
Sep 26, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2019
Nice to see some emotions from hardcore S.
Also I totally agree with @ shanimebib on how people give arata way less credit because of shipping.
Nov 25, 2020 12:35 PM
Nov 2020
damn suo was rlly harsh towards chihaya. maybe he dislikes ppl who have 'talent' or have it easy cause from the outside it would seem chihaya is like that.

also chihaya is working extra hard to balance her life and grow like arata and taichi but i wonder when her breaking point will be cause she's obv not indestructible. also interesting to see sudo's ambitions now, i love seeing him serious and i look forward to an alliance between chihaya and him. i also don't think what taichi is doing is good for him. the entire denial of his feelings and pretending he is someone else is good to an extent. u can't just ignore someone and pretend you're okay smh. the suo and taichi dynamic was interesting at first but now im lowkey over it

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.