Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 27, 2017 9:53 AM

Apr 2013

Oh baby. Hanabi's first handie... Sounds like Mugi enjoyed it as well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJan 28, 2017 12:10 AM
Jan 27, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
I thought this episode will be Ecchan's exclusive of effort. But it's just like that? Some tears, and comes the morning.
That's right Hanabi, you should despise that man for having a "complex" toward your teacher right? Not right that person is her brother though. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 27, 2017 10:22 AM

Feb 2012
This show just keeps getting better so far.

I love Hanabi a lot, tbh. She's feisty, but vulnerable, and not a stereotypical tsundere or blushing flower romance protagonist.
Also, that :3 expression after the handjob was gold. Gold.
Jan 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
What's up with the garbage reviews still up for this show?
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
Jan 27, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
true love will make you blin and more stupid
Jan 27, 2017 11:40 AM

Sep 2016
They did this eps just how i wanted it giving off a prelude to how ecchan started this affection with a backstory etc ,damn i wish i was in the same situation as hanabi, a friend with benefits and someone who wants you, i see mugi blinds himself from the truth out of being afraid of being hurt soon he'll realize, also i wanna see whats up with akane
Facta Non Verba
Jan 27, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
My sexual life sucks.

This show is pretty amazing.
Jan 27, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
This was soooooooooooo LEWD. Looool. kinda funny but the drama is so well done. i wonder what akane is hiding.
Jan 27, 2017 1:13 PM
Aug 2015
If i'm honest, im unsure how they can describe Kuzu no Honkai about two characters who are a couple and "are both in love with other people they cannot be with" when 2/3 episodes into the anime, Hanabi is already in love with Mugi...

Although, that is certainly what this anime started out about, when it last such a short time it doesn't really show what the anime is about as a whole.
Jan 27, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2015
That bed scene with Ecchan was quite lovely, but Hana doesn't really feel as much for her.

Mugi is so delusional, jeez. Then again, I love how this show dives deep into the characters' emotions and shows their true faces and insecurities.
Jan 27, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2010
I felt sorry for Ecchan - really like her (till now)

don't like that whore - sensei at al, don't get Mugi's taste at all
Jan 27, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
Slutty female teachers exist only in fiction like this....
WHY GOD, WHY??!
Jan 27, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
The_Deceiver said:
Slutty female teachers exist only in fiction like this....
WHY GOD, WHY??!

Why not?????????????????
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
Jan 27, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Wow the name-calling in this thread. Akane's done nothing wrong.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 27, 2017 2:55 PM
Mar 2016
This is pretty high up on my list of depressing shows I've watched so far. Oh boy.... Someone is going to be hurt by the end and its going to be painful for me to watch
Jan 27, 2017 2:58 PM
Nov 2016
Can anyone reccomend any similar anime to this one? So much drama and the plots awesome too :)
Jan 27, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2008
Duckerz said:
If i'm honest, im unsure how they can describe Kuzu no Honkai about two characters who are a couple and "are both in love with other people they cannot be with" when 2/3 episodes into the anime, Hanabi is already in love with Mugi...

Although, that is certainly what this anime started out about, when it last such a short time it doesn't really show what the anime is about as a whole.

Hanabi is not in love with him yet, but she wants to be in love with him. That's why she cried and that's why she confronted Akane (because she still loves her onii-chan.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 27, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
JimmyMCBobbins said:
Can anyone reccomend any similar anime to this one? So much drama and the plots awesome too :)

Try White Album 2. It's from the same director. Not quite as dark, but lots of painful feels ;)
Jan 27, 2017 4:51 PM
Oct 2016
O episódio foi pesado e é o episódio que da a perceber que vai desencadear o resto da trama e das tretas que vão rolar no anime . O final deu a perceber muitas coisas sobre a professora . O drama e a história estão muito bons . O anime até agora da a perceber que mesmo com umas quebra de clima as vezes , o anime tenta te colocar dentro da obra e você sente algo mais obscuro ao assistir o anime .
Jan 27, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2015
hm so i think im liking this. i feel like ill get frustrated later on
i really dont like the teacher though. my poor mugi </3
Jan 27, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
aaaah daaaamn. This is about to get darker and darker. It makes me more interested in it
Jan 27, 2017 8:13 PM
Jan 2017
I love this anime! I hope they do a good job with the rest of it (:

I have a love/hate relationship with all the characters in this anime, because they are so bad and so good at the same time. I love the fact that they are not how they are without a reason, I love that the author is showing the side of love that it is not all nice and fluffy but sick and twisted and sad for all the parties involved. As I said, I love that they all have a reason to slowly fall into the depravation... Hanabi has her Big Brother that fulfills the empty spot in her heart that her father left when he left, Ecchan has her inner conflict regarding her sexuality, Mugi has his love for the sensei but also I think he is the way he is because he didn't had the chance to grow up and experience things at his own time, instead he was kinda forced into experience, used as a toy and then thrown away. Even the bitch- sensei, later on, shows why she is like that and what she gains from it, I may confess that I love that bitch and I hate her a lot too, I think she is one of my favourite antagonists in anime or manga, because she owns her shit and doesn't give a fuck, she knows what she wants and she gets it, I hate her for the same reasons.

Anyways, can we just talk about Mugi? I feel for that guy, I love him and want to hold him in my arms but also I want to drop him into fire and let him roast in there lmao. But, out of all, I think he is the one that deals with a lot more shit. I love the fact that, in all his scummy-ness (?) he is trying to protect his heart and protect Hanabi, too, he is scared that he will end up being used like his sempai used him or maybe he is afraid that he will end up being like the sempai. And talking about the sempai, I don't know if I hate her or feel pity for her, because in the flashback her eyes are so... empty, so void of any emotion... It makes me wonder why she is the way she is, if maybe she was used the same way she used Mugi or maybe something else happened to her and she is trying to feel a empty space in her heart.

Lol, this is getting way too long. Sorry, this anime is hitting me hard as well and makes me think about so many things that happen in real life!
Jan 27, 2017 9:06 PM

Sep 2014
This episode made me feel so much. The transitions were all over the place. At first, I though the somewhat high-level sexual content was going to be in the way, but it worked so well. So much to type from this episode alone.....

I really don't need to explain much on this episode as I'm going to spend more time on what I think will happen...I mean come on. It's what I do.

The fact that in just 3 episodes you see that she actually develops feelings for Mugi to the point that she feels comfortable around him in THAT manner. That she thinks about him. That she actually wants to love him.

Until Hanabi finds the cold hard truth, twice, that he's not there....hopefully yet. That he only sees her as a replacement.Unlike her, he thinks only of his first love. But she has developed a second.

What does she do? How does she handle this? Does she sulk? Does she mourn the loss of something that could have been? FUCK NO!!! She grabs that challenge by the balls and kicks it. She goes straight to Akane and confronts her out of anger and, what I think is jealousy for Mugi not giving her and form of love.

But Mugi's love interest turns out to be something that I kinda had a feeling about when I saw this.

The first thing I thought was

Until I saw this.....

I mean, only a few things could happen. She could reveal her true self, threaten her, blackmail her, or beat the crap out of her. OR, Hanabi could try and do the same. Either way, her meeting Akane isn't the real issue.

Let's not forget that you can hear a lot of the music room from next door. That means that Hanabi might try to get Mugi and/or Narumi in there to show Akane's true colors. This could lead us into a crap ton of paths.

One, Narumi sees how Mugi reacts, finds out he loves her, and that turns into something else.

Hanabi leads only Narumi into the back room to show him how she really is, hoping he would ignore Agane and go to her instead. That or it backfires and he closes his heart to everyone.

Hanabi leads Mugi in to show him how she really is so he could focus on her, he takes it bad and it goes downhill from there. Or he gets angry at her for showing him this, etc.

My head is a mess trying to stop with all the predictions. But damn...what a show.
Jan 27, 2017 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
I'm really glad this is going a different direction than I imagined it would. It pleases me to no end to see the girl was able to understand her feelings and face them head on with an open mind. The new feelings of hatred for the teacher speak volumes, making you wonder if the hatred really comes from wanting to keep it a secret from her brother.

Being the stereotypical guy who doesn't have a single real friend and is extremely sensitive to the touch of others, the physical relationship between the two brings up a lot of uncomfortable feelings in me.
Jan 27, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
I'm definitely enjoying the ride so far. Really liking Ecchan.

I didn't expect the twist with the teacher.
Jan 27, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2012
DrummerX09 said:

I think I'm more surprised with how many people actually finding it helpful and agreeing with it.
Jan 28, 2017 1:33 AM

May 2014
FlamingMangos said:
DrummerX09 said:

I think I'm more surprised with how many people actually finding it helpful and agreeing with it.
It's people who are frustrated with either the manga and/or the show.

I have my own caveats as well. But none of said "reviews" would ever dream of presenting them properly.
Jan 28, 2017 1:35 AM

Nov 2016
This show is pretty incredible at the moment. Such an intricate storyline. If it keeps up I might give it an 8/10.
Jan 28, 2017 1:42 AM

Aug 2014
jogerj said:
Preview for episode 4 is already out, in japanese though:

Not sure if was translated already but..
---Yesterday.. the person you were with.. sensei's boyfriend?
--- no, friend desu
-- the amount of meaning it contains.. I wouldn't understand.
---- afterschool, can I have some of your time?-- if ---? stay that defenseless.. I'd get curious

localizing to english is sorta hard but i hope I did better than youtube's auto translate (does that even exist?)
anyway, thank you very much for the PV!
Ako-Jan 28, 2017 2:05 AM
Jan 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
Murasa22 said:
My sexual life sucks.

R.I.P. soldier...
Jan 28, 2017 3:05 AM

Sep 2016
Can someone make a summary of what we have watched till now in a few lines? All though I like this anime a lot of still confuses me
Jan 28, 2017 3:43 AM

May 2014
KawaiiCandy said:
Can someone make a summary of what we have watched till now in a few lines? All though I like this anime a lot of still confuses me
What's so confusing? I'm also asking because I also feel I'm missing some key stuff.
Jan 28, 2017 4:04 AM

Sep 2016
T3hSource said:
KawaiiCandy said:
What's so confusing? I'm also asking because I also feel I'm missing some key stuff.
lol I feel the same..I see people analyzing every scene so much and come to conclusions I've never thought..I can't even remember every character's name..and ppl are sodeep in the anime it frustrates me..
Jan 28, 2017 5:24 AM

Aug 2016
3 things I wanna ask..1st) the relationship between Mugi and the other blonde girl (I think she is called Mei) why does she say "I stole your adolescence" and Mugi says "I'm a toy for adolescents" and how is this related with Hana? And why does he think about it when they had sex? 2nd) why Hana describes Sensei's clothes and smell in the ending?..does this hide a meaning behind? 3rd) Where did Eechan go? Why did she left? Does Hana considers her as a potential lover?
Jan 28, 2017 5:28 AM

Apr 2015
SchwingBoner said:
That ending. Akane's looking a little bitchy there. She's prob not as innocent as she pretends to be.

I bet she's in the same situation as Mugi and Yasuraoka.
"You are the leaves bathing in the sun, I am the roots that grow in the dark."
Jan 28, 2017 5:40 AM

May 2014
CrazyRomance said:
3 things I wanna ask..1st) the relationship between Mugi and the other blonde girl (I think she is called Mei) why does she say "I stole your adolescence" and Mugi says "I'm a toy for adolescents" and how is this related with Hana? And why does he think about it when they had sex? 2nd) why Hana describes Sensei's clothes and smell in the ending?..does this hide a meaning behind? 3rd) Where did Eechan go? Why did she left? Does Hana considers her as a potential lover?

1) She means she stole his virginity. And if you want to be d33p, you can say she also took his emotional innocence as well, since she essentially used him for sex. Hence why he feels like a toy for women, be it Akane's, and hence he refuses to make out with Hanabi.

2) Not as much, but rather that they are the same clothes she wore in the restaurant with the guy she was obviously going out with.

3) Ecchan had her small arc for the ep. The focus is Hanabi/Akane for now, she'll be back. Hanabi doesn't see her as someone she'd love.

Really, it's all spelled out for you in monologues, there isn't much to infer when you're told how to feel.
Jan 28, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2013
Well things are getting complicated here. Turns out Akane is supposedly dating someone else while being the target of nii-san-sensei's affection. And nii-san-sensei doesn't know what Akane is doing. Mugi is in denial about Akane's obviously more than student-teacher relationship with the unknown blondie.

Ecchan has confessed her feelings to Hanabi and the latter has also confessed about her relationship with Mugi. And now Hanabi is in a similar position to that girl she was giving advice to in the restaurant. Hanabi doesn't really like Mugi or Ecchan that way so she might as well do that kissing and stuff with Ecchan (I prefer she replace Mugi with Ecchan for obvious reasons...). So now Hanabi wants to get serious with Mugi because she doesn't want to be like that girl at the restaurant. But Mugi isn't interested in her that way.

And Mugi was in a sexfriend relationship with some hot girl in middle school. And while having flashbacks about that girl he got a boner and Hanabi got curious about the boner and she rubbed his sausage. God dammit! This show might as well go full hentai with all this shit going on. Near sex in the first episode, girl on girl action and a handjob in this episode. Next up we'll probably get some actual sex I think. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually get it.

These complicated human feelings are interesting. The lesbian really sold me here. Gonna continue for some more girl on girl action and also the complicated relationships.
Jan 28, 2017 6:21 AM

Jun 2008
CrazyRomance said:

1. It means she took his virginity and only used him for sex, she didnt have feelings for him as he did for her (that's why he cried, he was emotionally attached to her but to her he was just a toy). He thought about it because everyone he is with uses him for foreplay, even Hana wants his body. But, since he had a traumatic experience with Mei, he doesnt want Hana to be scared like he was, so he is careful not to cross the line, and well Hana is still a virgin.
2. It means Sensei slept with that guy. She has the same clothes and smells of cigarrettes (aka meaning she had sex with the guy, so she obviously lied to Hana telling her it was just a friend).
3. Echan left to her home I guess. If Hana considers her a potential lover, that question will be answered soon, you'll have to wait, I won´t spoil it:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 28, 2017 6:43 AM

May 2009
I love this show! I think Mugi kind of knows the truth but he really doesn't care as long as he can be with the teacher too. Can totally do without "Moka" chick isn't adding anything to the story. Hanabi seems to be moving away from her part of the plan to try and be with that other teacher. She clearly cares a lot of Mugi since she confronted that teacher. Couldn't she have blackmailed her for that? Or maybe fooling around with a former student isn't a crime like it would be over here....... Ugh! Another week of waiting!
Jan 28, 2017 7:17 AM

Nov 2009
So glad to hear so many positive responses to this story. Good example of an anime bringing the best qualities out of it's source material.

Shit is about to get real, can't wait for the upcoming weeks.
Jan 28, 2017 7:37 AM

Aug 2016
Akarioru said:
CrazyRomance said:

1. It means she took his virginity and only used him for sex, she didnt have feelings for him as he did for her (that's why he cried, he was emotionally attached to her but to her he was just a toy). He thought about it because everyone he is with uses him for foreplay, even Hana wants his body. But, since he had a traumatic experience with Mei, he doesnt want Hana to be scared like he was, so he is careful not to cross the line, and well Hana is still a virgin.
2. It means Sensei slept with that guy. She has the same clothes and smells of cigarrettes (aka meaning she had sex with the guy, so she obviously lied to Hana telling her it was just a friend).
3. Echan left to her home I guess. If Hana considers her a potential lover, that question will be answered soon, you'll have to wait, I won´t spoil it:D
Thank you a lot for your analysis! I appreciate it :)
Jan 28, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
So much going on in the show and the relationships are so complicated. I feel the depression that Hana & Mugi feel will only be cured if the two fall in love with eachother.

Can the episodes get any shorter? I'm loving this show.
Jan 28, 2017 9:09 AM
Jun 2015
SchwingBoner said:
That ending. Akane's looking a little bitchy there. She's prob not as innocent as she pretends to be.

Trust me, she's a fucking whore. Idk if you'll still like her.
Jan 28, 2017 9:10 AM
Jun 2015
Fehr said:
If a few more people fall for Hanabi she'll be on her way to starting her own harem.

Mentar said:
For me, the highlights of this episode were the various facial expressions, especially from Hanabi (who is growing on me quite a bit, actually much more than during the manga). I like her intelligence, self-awareness and general perceptiveness - except for Ecchan, whose feelings she did not pick up in time.

I wouldn't say that she is already falling for Mugi. She is clearly suffering in her current predicament, and she'd wish to break out of her cage of empty loneliness. But she's still in love with "oniichan". What she has with Mugi is companionship, which she would like to develop into love - but she's crying while saying so.

Well then, on to the meat of the show :)

"SELF AWARENESS" "GENERAL PERCEPTIVENESS" "INTELLIGENCE"

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH AHAGAHAGAHAGAHHHHAHAHA (oml)

I'm sorry, but I'm sure you haven't read the manga, but um. You're wrong.

(very offensive words and spoilers pls avoid if not prepared)

A
HaXXspetten said:
Dear god

This might seriously be the best romance anime in years. I can't recall the last time I saw something with this kind of atmosphere and portrayal of relationships

Zero fucks given

Are you sure about that?

Not spoiling but is the anime really THAT good? That it's the BEST ROMANCE ANIME in years? Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?

5 Centimeters per second had a better unrequited love story than this pile of shit. It had simple, but good story telling. There was no need for teenage porn in order for it to be enjoyable.

Kimi ni Todoke and Nagi no Asukara had better love triangles than this shitpile.

Don't get offended, but I did. THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING BETTER ROMANCE ANIME THAN THIS SHITE.

imsosaltyrn

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts and added spoiler tags.
ShockedJan 28, 2017 1:39 PM
Jan 28, 2017 9:34 AM

Sep 2016
IoriKun said:
A
HaXXspetten said:
Dear god

This might seriously be the best romance anime in years. I can't recall the last time I saw something with this kind of atmosphere and portrayal of relationships

Zero fucks given

Are you sure about that?

Not spoiling but is the anime really THAT good? That it's the BEST ROMANCE ANIME in years? Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?

5 Centimeters per second had a better unrequited love story than this pile of shit. It had simple, but good story telling. There was no need for teenage porn in order for it to be enjoyable.

Kimi ni Todoke and Nagi no Asukara had better love triangles than this shitpile.

Don't get offended, but I did. THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING BETTER ROMANCE ANIME THAN THIS SHITE.

imsosaltyrn
C'mon dude you can't judge that by watching just 3 episodes..except if you have already read the manga
Jan 28, 2017 9:36 AM
Jun 2015
KawaiiCandy said:
IoriKun said:
A

Are you sure about that?

imsosaltyrn
C'mon dude you can't judge that by watching just 3 episodes..except if you have already read the manga

I've read the manga don't worry, I have a reason to hate it.
Jan 28, 2017 10:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
IoriKun said:
A
HaXXspetten said:
Dear god

Zero fucks given

Are you sure about that?

imsosaltyrn
In terms of actual romance depiction, yeah I think so. Nagi no Asukara is one of my all-time favorite anime but that's good for the world building and the beautiful atmosphere, definitely not the romance. And 5 cm/s is one of the most boring anime I've ever seen so...

The last romance anime I would say gave me this kind of immersion is probably White Album 2 which aired in Fall 2013 so yeah that is in fact literally years ago if so. Haven't read the manga though so I can't speak for anything yet to happen but just based on these first three episodes then it's pretty top tier
Jan 28, 2017 10:22 AM
Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
IoriKun said:
A

Are you sure about that?

imsosaltyrn
In terms of actual romance depiction, yeah I think so. Nagi no Asukara is one of my all-time favorite anime but that's good for the world building and the beautiful atmosphere, definitely not the romance. And 5 cm/s is one of the most boring anime I've ever seen so...

The last romance anime I would say gave me this kind of immersion is probably White Album 2 which aired in Fall 2013 so yeah that is in fact literally years ago if so. Haven't read the manga though so I can't speak for anything yet to happen but just based on these first three episodes then it's pretty top tier

Golden Time was nice too
Jan 28, 2017 10:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
IoriKun said:
HaXXspetten said:

Golden Time was nice too
Mmm it was alright; definitely declined in the last third or so though. But even its best parts weren't this good imo

In any case it's just #opinions anyway so not much point arguing
Jan 28, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2014
HaXXspetten said:
In terms of actual romance depiction, yeah I think so.

Hmm... this peaks my curiosity. Could you be able to pinpoint how you find the romantic depiction compelling? Like how you are able to understand Hanabi's perspective and experience for example, how she is a believable person.

Also the WA2 comparison is no surprise, since it's the same director, even if he's using manga panels and not straying too far from the manga's presentation style. At best he's trimming some of that fat, taking away a few comedic moments.

But yeah, aside from "oh wow, did that just happen", how compelling do you find the romance itself? Especially when there is no solidified relationship, nor is the pursuit of one the focus, which is confusing to me when it's called a "romance".
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.