Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2017 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense duel. I think Shun Kurosaki gave it his all in his duel and it's pretty intense to see him unleash his Raid Raptor combo this episode. Kaito was impressive as well.

In general, I think the duel had good pacing and those two had some nice synergy. Too bad they lost D:
Interesting to see Gon and Jack also intervene :o
Jan 8, 2017 4:07 AM
Jan 2013
I find Allen and Sayaka randomly teleported in and out of the duel only for seeing it up close funny...

Now that Gongenzaka and Jack step in for the fight, who will be Sawatari's pair next? Reiji?
Jan 8, 2017 4:20 AM

Oct 2016
The constant Rank-Up Shun and Kaito did was cool, and I loved every time Shun was in flames or when fire was behind him during Rank-Up.

C'mon, that Dark Rebellion is hax as hell... as well as all of other Zarc's cards for that matter... he can stop anything that's thrown at him, which hurts me because all the good strategies and synergy the other characters have just go to waste.

Also, Jack is always epic.

And I hope the pendant means something in stopping Zarc.

dex_dash said:
I find Allen and Sayaka randomly teleported in and out of the duel only for seeing it up close funny...

Now that Gongenzaka and Jack step in for the fight, who will be Sawatari's pair next? Reiji?

Yes, that whole entrance and exit seemed stupid for some reason. Didn't you know, Sawatari pairs up with
Jan 8, 2017 4:56 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:

dex_dash said:

Yes, that whole entrance and exit seemed stupid for some reason. Didn't you know, Sawatari pairs up with

Yuya's Pendulum Pendant is the only mystery that has not yet to be explained. Where did it came from? How come it has the power to turn Yuya's cards into Pendulum? If they don't explain it until the end, I'm going to be furious. The Pendant better has significant important role other than turning normal cards into Pendulum cards.

Well, Sayaka and Allen will appear again in the next episode with some characters from Synchro Dimension. Maybe the whole entrance and exit thing is to make them meet each other or something.
Jan 8, 2017 5:13 AM
Jan 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
The constant Rank-Up Shun and Kaito did was cool, and I loved every time Shun was in flames or when fire was behind him during Rank-Up.

C'mon, that Dark Rebellion is hax as hell... as well as all of other Zarc's cards for that matter... he can stop anything that's thrown at him, which hurts me because all the good strategies and synergy the other characters have just go to waste.

Isn't it the purpose of the duel? To show how overpowered Zarc and to promote each and every Zarc monster effect?
Also agree with the pendulum bit. Judging on how it was relayed to the next challengers, it will be important.

Tigerdrenalin said:

I follow things inconsistently. I haven't checked any spoiler posts about it so yeah...
After seeing the tag, I have several problems with that but let's wait until 3-4 episodes come out.
I'm giving so much expectation to Sawatari, hoping for him to banish Dark Rebellion and other Supreme King Servant variation of Dimension Dragons from extra deck.

Frost190 said:
Well, Sayaka and Allen will appear again in the next episode with some characters from Synchro Dimension. Maybe the whole entrance and exit thing is to make them meet each other or something.

They will?!
Jan 8, 2017 5:20 AM
Apr 2013
When the title said "Black-Winged/Shadow-Winged Dragon", I was expecting Clear Wing will have black wings or such. But it seems I shouldn't take the title literally. Maybe it's some kind of expression?

dex_dash said:
Frost190 said:

They will?!

Sorry, my bad. I checked the cast list again, and it turned out Allen and Sayaka won't appear in the next episode. I'm really Sorry, I didn't read it carefully. But as for the others,
Miya190Jan 8, 2017 7:13 AM
Jan 8, 2017 7:12 AM

Oct 2016
dex_dash said:
Isn't it the purpose of the duel? To show how overpowered Zarc and to promote each and every Zarc monster effect?
Also agree with the pendulum bit. Judging on how it was relayed to the next challengers, it will be important.

Tigerdrenalin said:

I follow things inconsistently. I haven't checked any spoiler posts about it so yeah...
After seeing the tag, I have several problems with that but let's wait until 3-4 episodes come out.
I'm giving so much expectation to Sawatari, hoping for him to banish Dark Rebellion and other Supreme King Servant variation of Dimension Dragons from extra deck.

His effects are a bit too overpowered if you ask me... I mean he Accel Xyz Summoned!!

As for Sawatari shining in the duel, I like the idea of crippling Zarc's Extra Deck, but he would be very screwed if Zarc used an Odd-Eyes Servant, one that wouldn't be an Extra Deck monster.

Frost190 said:
Yuya's Pendulum Pendant is the only mystery that has not yet to be explained. Where did it came from? How come it has the power to turn Yuya's cards into Pendulum? If they don't explain it until the end, I'm going to be furious. The Pendant better has significant important role other than turning normal cards into Pendulum cards.

It's a bit more significant than that, it also creates random Paladins and Fusion Pendulum Dragons :P
Jan 8, 2017 9:59 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:

Frost190 said:

It's a bit more significant than that, it also creates random Paladins and Fusion Pendulum Dragons :P

I'll rephrase it, I hope the pendant has significant important role other than turning or creating new cards and such.
Jan 8, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2015
why even try to join battle and got half LP just let them lose and challange again with 100% LP
Into the Internet!
Jan 8, 2017 1:12 PM

Sep 2016
wtf is this
Zarc just has too many OP effect with no condition lol
and our protagonist will keep intruding with -2000 LP penalty rofl
maybe it's fine if zarc already lost like a portion of his trap/magic/cards supply, but kurosaki and kaito DIDNT DO SHIT! they basically get roflstomped without doing anything lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 8, 2017 1:30 PM
Feb 2015
Everytime Zarc activates a new effect:

What a convenient plot armor to have
Jan 8, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Kurosaki and Kaito lost too.
Lol, they couldn't do a thing to Zarc with all those effects.
Jan 8, 2017 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
the overpowerness is too much and it gonna happen again with Gongezaka and Atlas...

Only our glorious saivor Sawatari will save us? xD (outside of the lancers, there is not pendulum users in the standard dimension).
Jan 8, 2017 3:23 PM
Jan 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
His effects are a bit too overpowered if you ask me... I mean he Accel Xyz Summoned!!

Wait, how is that Accel Xyz summon? Darkwurm aren't even Xyz monsters, if what I understand about Accel Synchro is true...
Agrees about the overpowered effect. However, Don Thousand says hi I guess.

Tigerdrenalin said:
As for Sawatari shining in the duel, I like the idea of crippling Zarc's Extra Deck, but he would be very screwed if Zarc used an Odd-Eyes Servant, one that wouldn't be an Extra Deck monster.

That's possible. Sawatari banish Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing but then Zarc is like "Surprise! I still have Odd-Eyes!"

ListAandM said:
why even try to join battle and got half LP just let them lose and challange again with 100% LP

It will take too long of a screentime for Zarc to do integration summon again and we have not much episode slots left. Also, Zarc still have more effects to demonstrate.
Jan 8, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2016
Damn and I thought YGO in real life was broken as hell, these cards Zarc is playing have some ridiculous op effects.

Ray and her cards may be the only one that can defeat him or maybe we will see a situation where Yuya and the others can be saved without having to defeat Zarc.

I did enjoy the combination between Shun & Kaito, they were good to watch, shame they were made to look completely useless in an instant.
Jan 9, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
The duel was pretty good for what it's worth.
Chumps gonna chump, these duels are going to be irrelevant til Reiji (and probably Ray) shows up.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Jan 9, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2008
Another bad episode... so many asspull effect....
Jan 9, 2017 5:22 PM
Apr 2013
Why do they even bother intruding the duel when they don't even use the cards in their hands to stop the killing blow?

This is the 2nd time this happened now.
Jan 10, 2017 12:41 AM

Aug 2014
Zarc just pull random effects out of nowhere so far.
What are the chances of Dark Rebellion can actually return itself to Extra deck and summon 2 Servant Dragon back and also reduce opp atk to 0, when Shun and Kaito got 6000+ ATK boosted monsters?
This ep is stupidly bad.
The only thing to look forward next ep is seeing Jack got his butt kicked for the first time. About time, really.
Jan 10, 2017 1:02 PM

Sep 2016
138-140 spoiler
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 11, 2017 5:19 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know, but I got a wild guess, what if all of the main characters in YGO (Yugi), YGO-GX (Yuki Judai), YGO-5D's (Yusei), and YGO-Zexal (Yuma) appeared and defeating Zarc? lol that'll be ridiculous!
Jan 12, 2017 5:43 AM
Sep 2012
Well that was a fun episode, Kaito and Shun having their time to shine, but getting defeated by Zarc, no surprise. This episode does bring something to light to me, and that is poor Yugo he has no friends that aren't closer friends to Yuya. This whole episode them yelling we are going to get Yuya and Yuto back, and they forgot about Yugo. All the characters we know in Synchro, they know Yuya better than Yugo, the only person that would care about him more than Yuya is Rin, and she is gone for now.

Well finally Jack is here, so are Arc C rep. is not from Synchro it is Gon, I guess when it is Standard turn it will be Shingo and someone else.

Next episode I hope it is a good one, though when is Crow coming back?
Jan 13, 2017 6:02 AM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
Though when is Crow coming back?

Feb 15, 2017 5:36 PM

Apr 2007
How is Kaito knocked out, but Shun managed to hang on to hand over the pendulum? He was worn out from dueling his sister and then tased at least twice if I remember right. Either way you go man I don't like Kaito anyway

I forgot Gongenzaka uses synchro before the preview reminded me. Should be fun to see him duel alongside Jack :> And then...most likely lose.
Mar 19, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
So I guess everyone getting their turn in doubles is a thing now ... until Yuuya regains control over Zarc or something.
Good seeing Jack again though.
Oct 26, 2017 9:33 AM
Oct 2017
Tigerdrenalin said:

dex_dash said:

PrOxAnto said:
So I guess everyone getting their turn in doubles is a thing now ... until Yuuya regains control over Zarc or something.
Monochrome said:
How is Kaito knocked out, but Shun managed to hang on to hand over the pendulum? He was worn out from dueling his sister and then tased at least twice if I remember right. Either way you go man I don't like Kaito anyway

I forgot Gongenzaka uses synchro before the preview reminded me. Should be fun to see him duel alongside Jack :> And then...most likely lose.
PrOxAnto said:
Monochrome said:

Frost190 said:
blfan said:
Though when is Crow coming back?

When will the next episode of yugioh arc-v in dub will come out because I just finished episode 113
May 5, 2019 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Xyz shokan on Shun's turn? Nani?
Haou Ryuu Dark Rebellion?
Gongenzaka and Sawatari.
Sayaka and Allen are with Kaito and Shun now.
They both have Limit Over Force.
0 ATK?
Sayaka and Allen are gone.
Zarc is like No Action card for you both.
Jack!
Jack and Gongenzaka entered the duel.
Kaito and Shun lose.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2020 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
Using Yuto's dragon to beat his friends, what an asshole Zarc.
Jul 26, 2022 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
Ah yes, world's greatest strategy to beat Zarc: pay half your lp, fail to do literally ANYTHING to Zarc, then let the next pair pay half their lp so Zarc gets to keep his unbreakable board. What could possibly go wrong?
Apr 17, 6:08 AM

Mar 2020
honestly its infuriating how much they use intrusion system when Zarc literally have a full board, instead of just letting the duel end and force him to reset to 0, not to say he have like 10000 LP while they start with 2000
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to Miya190
Tigerdrenalin said:

Frost190 said:

I'll rephrase it, I hope the pendant has significant important role other than turning or creating new cards and such.
@Miya190 couting that every single character from season 1 have some kind of pendant, it definitely is meant to have some symbolism too

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.