Forum Settings
Forums
As the Gods Will The Second Series
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2017 5:51 PM
May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Ushimitsu became god. I'm kind of happy that it didn't end like stories usually end with the main character winning, but I'm still sad cause Ushimitsu ended up being a god alone without Akashi by his side :'(
Jan 4, 2017 10:38 PM

May 2010
Where on earth are you reading this?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 5, 2017 12:20 PM
May 2011
It's raw version and the only one I found, but there http://www.rawmangaupdate.com/manga/kamisama-no-iutoori-ii/186
Jan 6, 2017 4:01 AM

Oct 2016
So it's open ended?
Aaargh, this ending was totally beyond my hindsight.
I expected time travel but really not Ushimi-chan's decision after it.
Acid Mana is totally enjoying this cuz she may try things
that weren't there on the previous games.
(Remember there were a lot of games on the screen
where she picked the Sky-High Hopscotch)

I can see them doing another Kami no Iu 3.
Jan 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Dec 2012
Ushimitsu restarted the game so he could be with Akashi again?
Jan 6, 2017 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
Such a sad ending, but I do have hope for the new series if they do it.
Jan 6, 2017 11:33 PM

Apr 2011
what the heck?...
Jan 7, 2017 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
Has a manga fallen so badly like this? I mean seriously, let's talk about it.

- Rushed pacing

- Killed off all characters from part 1 so easily

- The ending is just sad, so Ushimitsu wants to die by being killed by the one he loves

- Making Akashi go through all that pain again, not to mention, if he didn't meet with Ushimitsu, who knows if he would survive. That gay guy pretty much one of the main reason Akash is still alive like from the sand game.

Unless there's a third series doing another different POV from a different character and just to fuck second series reader, Akashi will die 50 chapters in because Ushimitsu wasn't there to help.

Jan 7, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2012
At one point in the old maid trial, Kamimaro said the only difference between he and Shun, both being unfulfilled and miserable loafers, is that Shun shared bonds with friends and rose from the mire. This progression showed itself through other familiar characters like Shiner, but most particularly and importantly Ushimitsu. Ushimitsu had two guiding stars, and he forgot one and lost the other, wherefore he forgot his heart and lost his direction. It was a silly ending, but I don't see many others to Ushimitsu's loneliness. Ushimitsu did not want to be a god, and he's having a terribly human time of it, and I can't hate him for it, because anything else would mean someone else.
Jan 7, 2017 8:49 AM
Aug 2016
could it be that....ushimitsu is kamishiro, he went to the past and became the one known as kamishiro
Jan 7, 2017 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
Ok I was totally did not see that ending coming. I fear the worst just like Gantz ending. But this ending couldn't be more perfect than this imo. Overall for the whole manga itself was ok story. Really enjoyed it so much and that ending was perfect for this story. X)
Jan 8, 2017 6:47 PM
Jan 2017
So are there going to be the third series ? What about the people who survived in the last world?
Jan 8, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
Ok, that wasn't the end Ixve ever saw (Bleach ftw), but is far from perfect. This last chapters were kinda rushed and thw solution just don't make any sense. Akashi couldn't revive the others cause he could only recreate the memorys and impressions he had of them using his imagination. So, if Ushimitsu were to go back in time, he could never imagine things he was never there to see. The best he could do would be to recreate not THE past, but to creat A past that he imagined...
Found it too superficial, could be better. But the manga was worth reading, though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2014
so he basically restarted the game all over again just to see Akashi, pretty stupid reason. There should be a sequal to stop all of this once and for all.
Jan 9, 2017 5:56 AM

Jun 2011
So this is Mirai Nikki all over again. Restarting/Resetting the world just to see your loved ones again...
Jan 9, 2017 6:19 PM
Oct 2015
Ah, so heart breaking~ My heart and soul goes out to the characters. I honestly was not expecting it to end that way. Then again i have always been a bit too hopeful for tragic things lol.

But I really adore this series and it was a lot of fun to watch the art style slowly develop and improve.

Also, does anyone know where you can buy the manga?? I can't find it anywhere. I think its only available in japan or something T-T
Jan 10, 2017 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Ushimitsu restarts everything to see Akashi again... but don't you think Akashi will hate him because Ushimitsu is now the god who starts this whole game? This is worth it for Ushimitsu just to see Akashi again? That's incredibly sad... Although I guess Ushimitsu also has it in mind that Akashi is the only one fit to be god and the only one who can make the world a better place.
SquattaJan 10, 2017 6:36 PM
Jan 10, 2017 10:38 PM
Nov 2015
The ending blunt, if ushimitsu tell his motive of game i don't think akashi will like that, but even so there's nothing we can do as "God's will"
Jan 10, 2017 11:18 PM
Dec 2014
Wow, what an ending. Putting Akashi through all of that again because if all he did was go back in time, Akashi would be a different person to the one he fell in love with.

Horrible, horrible irony.
Jan 12, 2017 5:36 AM

Oct 2011
Wait, I thought he could only recreate things he could remember? How can he remember how the whole world was before they met? Furthermore, some of the people were knocked out of his own memory - that's impossible!

Putting that inconsistency aside, awesome ending!

Jan 12, 2017 6:14 AM
Dec 2014
uzee said:
Wait, I thought he could only recreate things he could remember?

In this case I think he's actually turning back time, not just using his mind to recreate it.
Jan 12, 2017 9:07 AM
Apr 2016
The original Kamisama No Iutoori ending was so much better. It was an ending that was conclusive and a cliffhanger, which was awesome! It tied up the story in a neat little bow and set up the next series, but in that series, the story was both a cliffhanger and not a cliffhanger. It finished the story in every way, while setting up a sequel. It was also somber, yet you were happy for Shun and Ayama, as they will be known as attacking actual gods. This ending feels lazy. A rushed attempt to try to make a good ending failed. Now, it was just a cliffhanger. Akashi dies, Ushimitsu becomes god and tries to be killed by Akashi. It wasn't satisfying, or a good send off to an amazing series. Why not have Ushimitsu fight Mana and winning or failing? Then either Ushimitsu had unlimited power, or he has the same legacy as Ayama and Shun in the first series.
Jan 12, 2017 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
acid mana said "you're gonna be god instead of kamimaro" to ushimitsu, what did she mean by that ?
Jan 14, 2017 12:36 PM

Sep 2016
like half of the 2nd part is really bad, it's not even game, just plain super power (tomfoolery) and battle manga (the school ghosts, 3 kingdoms and battle of gods arc

pretty average compared to part 1 with shun. akashi is just bad protagonist, he is too wimpy and pacifist. there still some of good games like janken, old maid and clock tower though
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 15, 2017 10:37 AM
Aug 2015
DarklordVor said:
Has a manga fallen so badly like this? I mean seriously, let's talk about it.

- Rushed pacing

- Killed off all characters from part 1 so easily

- The ending is just sad, so Ushimitsu wants to die by being killed by the one he loves

- Making Akashi go through all that pain again, not to mention, if he didn't meet with Ushimitsu, who knows if he would survive. That gay guy pretty much one of the main reason Akash is still alive like from the sand game.

Unless there's a third series doing another different POV from a different character and just to fuck second series reader, Akashi will die 50 chapters in because Ushimitsu wasn't there to help.

Talking about the second object: all I want to say is that, well, the characters of the first season are humans, they can die at everymoment and they are not safe from death just because they are one of the main characters. One sacrifies in order to let another one to survive, another decides to end his life and Kaminaro's (I dont remember his name xD but it's the antagonist). Do you still think they were easily killed?.

Just because the ending is "sad" doesnt mean its bad. In my opinion the ending is perfect for the story. Think about the feelings of Ushimitsu to Akashi, do you still believe that he would not act that way?.
Jan 17, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2014
So, it just became a cycle of the game again.
Bloody hell.
Overall, it's great, but some part annoying me so bad.
8/10
Feb 4, 2017 3:53 AM
Sep 2016
The mangaka built a huge system and story,
and in the end he does not know how to solve it
Feb 5, 2017 12:23 PM
Oct 2016
uzee said:
Wait, I thought he could only recreate things he could remember? How can he remember how the whole world was before they met? Furthermore, some of the people were knocked out of his own memory - that's impossible!

Putting that inconsistency aside, awesome ending!

I agree. How is re-creating the world by turning back time possible with one's imagination - nobody can envision everything that goes on in the world. If re-creating just one person is so complex that even god has to focus, why is it possible to do that for the entire world?

Let's say for argument's sake, that what Ushimitsu did was not re-set the world, but to turn back time, and that the action of turning back time is easier to imagine than it is to imagine a person, then he could just turn back time to some other moment. Rather than the cliched ending of going all the way to the past so that Akashi can meet him with him as god this time, he could have turned back time to just before the fight between the three gods took place, or something. There were so many ways this could have played out.

Also, if Ushimitsu is god of the new games, I was kinda hoping he would be a kinder one than Kaminokouji. For example, teleport the people who get killed during the games (but make it look like they really died, so that everyone is none the wiser) and store them somewhere and then sending back to their normal lives after the games are over.

Just a little rant. Normally wouldn't do that, but the inconsistencies and that ending brought down this awesome manga. I still love it, but wish they hadn't just ended it off like that.
Feb 21, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2011
The last few parts of the series kinda annoyed me, mostly this chapter by Ushimitsu' decision based on Akashi. Well, it was a fun ride but I am a bit disappointed.

Really wonder what kind of message the series is trying to sent in the end. Perhaps it's how human emotions really is mankind's greatest strength and weakness?
Mar 4, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty heartfelt ending compared to the trainwreck that was this sequel, despite how trash it is to reset everything. Sequel has been very cringeworthy with Akashi as the main protagonist, the casts from season 1 should've just continued the story. Shun to be honest is the only saving grace in this, not even Amaya survived this series, the author just killed his character at the very end. It's extremely disappointing.

Would not visit a Kamisama no Iutoori III if there is one.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 4, 2017 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
Slightly disappointed with the sequel as well, as I thoroughly enjoyed part 1.

Pretty much everything aside of art became a tier lower on this sequel... character cast became wider but the quality lowered.. story was good, but not as exciting and much more predictable. Some games were great like part 1, but most were not that good.

The characters from part 1 were really bland in the sequel. They had much more personality before and you could relate to them.. now they were feeling.. empty, I guess.

The ending seems a bit illogical to me as well - how does he want Akashi to do anything in the games if Ushimitsu pretty much had to carry his weight through some games. In my opinion without Ushimitsu on his team he would lose pretty early in the story.
The whole time travel idea is full of holes... like why is Akashi not god there and Ushimitsu is both alive and remains a god and such.. too many contradictions to how the stuff works with it.

It was still enjoyable, but not as much as part 1, so a weak 8/10 seems just fine. There is some kamisama no iuutori 0 it seems, but it's 4 chapters and a prequel to part 1 it seems, it's also only 4 chapters so I doubt it will change something.
Mar 25, 2017 3:43 AM
Mar 2017
I was basically crying my heart out while reading the series.
I m totally wishing for a third part (with appropriate ending like ushimitsu and akashi being together at last)

just a suggestion - plz dont let ushimitsu be the bad guy here.... i totally shipping AKA-MITSU..

best series ever!!!

MORE! MORE! MORE!
Apr 7, 2017 9:25 AM
Apr 2017
I really loved this series, but I agree that there were a number of major weaknesses in Part II. For me, they include the unsatisfying end of the Part I cast (with the exception of Ushi or so), and the last few arcs as a whole.

Nonetheless, it was a fun experience!
Apr 16, 2017 4:11 AM

Jan 2010
Actually I've liked the second more, I think that the new protagonists were more interesting than the survivors of the first one, aside amaya... The problem is that the serie was really long, so it's obviously that there were a lot of down chap (like most of the mystery ones, what the hell, 49 challenges for real). And the end is too much open and sad, I wasn't expecting a totally happy ending, but this reset and remake from ushio doesn't suit him at all, he could have only resetted it and it would have been already a sad ending because everyone has forgotten, what's the point in seeing his best friend struggle again and hate him?
Apr 21, 2017 1:16 PM
Jan 2013
lololol everybody's fucked by the end
sasuga kamisama no iutoori
gone bai bai
May 12, 2017 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
That was a weird fucking ending, I'm not sure what to feel about it, but I'm mostly leaning towards "what a crap ending".
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
the whole ending just wasnt so unexpected for me, it just reminds me of mirrai nikki
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jul 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
this sequel really went down the shitty in the 2nd half but ill be honest I actually think this is a really fitting ending to thisand beats the deus ex machina I can think of.

Also if you think this is that sad, the thing is you can kind of assume a happy ending, in the long run, he reset the game and akechi will win again, but then with those powers akechi could reset the world as well whilst removing the game as well.

shun was a better protagonist btw

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 30, 2017 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
It's not the ending that I was expecting, but it's not so bad. I hope they do a third season.
Oct 14, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2013
2/5

I did not like this one bit. It legitimately felt like cop out to "reset" everything back to before with Ushimitsu being a god instead. In my opinion I hate these types of endings where everything is reset. There are a few "reset endings" that can get it right but it's VERY rare that it's universally praised.

Not only it's such a poor way to end any series, but it's quite insulting. At least to me I find it insulting.

Hey! You know that thing you read for hours and hours? Yeah, just turn back to the front page and read it again.

That's what it feels like to have an ending like that. Which is a shame because I enjoyed the 2nd part enough to binge read it. I even like the Part 2 cast A LOT more than the Prequel's cast.

6/10- Oh well, at least I enjoyed the series up until the final trial.

Oct 25, 2017 11:41 PM

Jun 2014
It was finally time to knock this series of my PTR so I ended up binge reading the series over the last 4 days. Everything is still fresh so I'll toss my opinions in.

Tbh, I didn't exactly dig the first part. It was another survival game and the main character was another blank slate powerful Kirito. But the series was short enough and with that ending, I started part 2. It was only a matter of time till the new cast met up with the old characters. And...I'm satisfied. It's not a masterpiece but it's an enjoyable manga.

To top it off, the author accomplished everything he wanted and set out to do. The arcs played out all the way and arcs weren't cancelled. Our original god was resolved with Shun's resolution, Amaya was dealt in a way that was satisfying (and he wasn't offed right away), Akashi was left broken, and we were left with the new god. It made sense and we knew how'd it would go down more or less. The partial reset didn't erase what had happened but this time it'll be Ushimitsu's turn for resolution.

I'm not sure what people were expecting. People complain about the characters being carricatures as it went on but the original had the same problem. In fact a lot do- Btoooom, Gantz, Future Diary, Doubt, Dead Tube, Suicide Island, Darwin's Game, etc. The list goes on but it's expected with such a huge cast. How the author dealt with it was their personal flavor.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. I don't think I'll revisit it (like I do with Battle Royale or Gantz), but it's a fun satisfactory time.
Nov 18, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
I would compare Kamisama no Iutoori Ni to a well-written essay. Every paragraph serves to drive a point made in the introduction through to the end, and that's what made it so good for me - it was coherent throughout. I agree that it got pretty cringe at points, but I'd still read it again, and Kamisama no Iutoori III (don't know what the plot would be but I'd read it...).

It may not have been as good as some other manga in the survival genre, but I really liked the self-awareness it had, which made it one of my favourites thus far. Sometimes it bordered on parody, but the games were always taken seriously and that's what made it tense and a fun read! Also would have liked to seen the Part 1 characters get more justice too, but it was serviceable and loved Shuns god kill. Above all, the characters were interesting and the art consistently amazed me.

8.5/10 from me. Would be a 9/10 if not for the somewhat cop-out ending... Expected it a little bit, really would have liked more answers. Like, was there another way they could have resurrected their friends? they explored a few possibilities then they stopped, wish there was more on that. They couldn't invalidate the deaths of the game like that so this was also expected.
Who really is Mana and where is she from? The concept of the earth being something she created is interesting and I wish the characters cared more about that, but they all just brush it off.

I'd recommend it as a casual read for those that are looking for a tense, but fun manga, and as a somewhat stronger recommendation for fans of the survival games genre.
Nov 21, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
well, its an acceptable ending. most stories in this genre have trouble at the wrap-up so I'm fine with it.

also, since Ushi is the new god, Akashi is going to die real fast in the reset isn't he?
Apr 17, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
TehSnawn said:
2/5
Not only it's such a poor way to end any series, but it's quite insulting. At least to me I find it insulting.

Couldnt agree more.

Sooo bad ending for such a great manga.
It looks like either autor either had no idea how to end it properly or just wanted to spit on readers face.
This ending made everything that has happened pointless, made whole manga pointless.
Their strugle never had any sense - love, hate and will to live. It was all pointless.
I had hoped that author is just setting everything up for Kamisama 3, but after reading "zero" prequel, i dont even know what he was thinking when coming up with THAT kind of conclusion.
Its obvious that he just wanted to make bad ending even worse, but for what reason?

Ending doesnt even fit and he made Kamisama no lutoori ni worse wersion of star ocean 3 ending.
This is The Legend of Maian/Mass effect 3 ending level of trashiness, and thats something to behold (in negative sense) .

Knl series didnt deserve its art.

Wait,no i take it back - ME3 had better ending.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Dec 13, 2018 6:17 PM
Dec 2018
Hello everyone, i just created the account to posþ my first comment here.

This is the first manga after Gantz that leave me with that strange melanchonic feeling, i hoped until the end that akashi and ushimitsu would have been able to turn all the others back to life, that reverse-time ending felt so drammatic to me, i was very sad after i finished the last chapter and also heartbroken when akashi discovered that natsu-megu was just a copy from his memories of her.
During the narration i went past all the deaths with the awarness that everything would have been all right, that felt so bad to me qq.

Said that, i liked really much that manga and will look forward for others similar to this one.

P.S. i also read a lot of ppl talking about a possible part 3? I didn't find anything on internet, is just a possibility or it was announced?
Jan 18, 2019 8:45 PM

Mar 2017
I loved this story! The first series was Definitely better. But this one turned for the worse about 20 chapters ago. Overall 8.5/10
May 19, 2019 2:57 PM
Jan 2014
If he could rewind time why couldnt he have just pulled out everyone the moment before they died and replaced their past self's with the future ones?
Jul 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Jan 2017
That may not have been the most satisfying ending, but it was a wonderful journey full of many phenomenal characters and heartwrenching moments. 9/10.
Aug 4, 2019 1:44 AM
Jul 2016
Just finished the series and I need to collect my thoughts.

Towards the final game which decides once and for all who will become the next Kamisama(s), the story suggests that resurrection is possible. This hopeful possibility is quickly, and perhaps too quickly met with a huge disappointment.

Everything made sense up to this point. Even the ending that comes after. But my biggest and only gripe is, why the hell would Akashi and Ushimitsu accept the game made entirely by Amaya? Even worse, the rules seem to favor the rulemaker. This doesn't make much sense to me, especially since Acid Mana (who is beyond Kami-powers) clearly stated that all 3 Kami's have equal power. I can reluctantly let Akashi slide since he was just heartbroken by the limits of his newfound power, but Ushimitsu? He is smart, commited to Akashi, and hasn't been shaken by the failed resurrection, yet he doesn't make any attempts to stop or at least try to make the rules fair, simply just accepts the foreseeable consequence of losing memory of each other. This is a HUGE logical fallacy that is inconsistent with the rest of the story, and takes away from an ending that could've felt more acceptable. Heck, the author could've just added few more pages to the story by introducing just one extra game, simply rolling the dice and let RNG decide who gets to set the rules of the Final FINAL (but not really final) game, and let Amaya win so the other two has no other option but to accept let's-cause-concussions-that-lead-to-permanent-memory-loss game. I think when most people feel like the story was rushed towards the end, they are more-or-less pointing towards the final game between 3 gods, not for its contents but the leading-up to it. We aren't introduced to how exactly Lily lost the headsup match, we are only given simple few liners on how the kami-world and kami-powers work, and the game selection process for 3-kami game is super one-sided and abrupt.

Anyway, the logic hole surrounding 3-kami game made it slightly less enjoyable, but ultimately did not change the core of the series. That we are born into a series of games, with everyone having different starts, then every action you take, every choices you make, changes you, and the ones who become stronger and/or blessed by RNG get to play the next game, but in the end, everyone dies. Except those who don't.

Everyone has different interpretation of what this all means, not just the characters in the story but also the viewers who are reading the story. But some ideas are presented stronger than others, like how love and friendship prevails, how death gives life value, how RNG is a bitch, etc.

Unlike the commonplace Western philosophy with the idea of hell and heaven / good and evil, Kamisama no Iutoori leans more towards the Eastern concept of cyclic life, that everyone's inherently equal, and we are all interdependent. That we are who we are in relation to everything else around us.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

Ending was suitable, given the final mental state of Ushimitsu and the cyclic concept of the universe. Wish there wasn't a weird after-taste from the gaping logic hole at the end, but oh well. If I saw the final draft before publish and could make few suggestions,

I would tell Mangaka,
1. Add an extra, small game (rock-paper-scissor or dice roll) to determine the game-maker for the final kami-game, where Amaya wins.
2. Add a bit more dialogue by Acid Mana which assumes multi-verse theory (it was already hinted, but way too subtle)
chu8Aug 4, 2019 3:02 AM
Dec 22, 2019 6:45 PM
Sep 2014
Total failure. Why did the author do this....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

9 by K40l4 »»
Jan 18, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

10 by HibiChika »»
Jun 12, 2022 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 148 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

19 by HibiChika »»
Jun 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 84 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2014

9 by HibiChika »»
Jun 5, 2022 11:35 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

12 by HibiChika »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.