Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this episode was tense. I mean, even a car accident coming from Poco's point of view....

I think out of all the episodes, this was the most serious one yet.

Also really like how the episode reflected everything Poco has been through with the others and how Poco still maintains a strong relationship with Souta. Overall, good show. I really enjoyed this from start to finish.
Dec 24, 2016 12:30 PM
Jun 2016
I liked this, maybe we will get a second season, that would be awesome, but what I would have liked was even if he couldn't be human, have souta take care of Poco as a Tanuki :>
Dec 24, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
this was easily one of my favourite series from the season. I found this episode really relatable.

will definitely miss the relationship poco and souta had. lets hope for a season two!!!!!

9/10
Dec 24, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
omfg I need season 2 😭😭😭
Dec 24, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2014
Quite the emotional finale but also kinda heartwarming, 3-Gatsu and this really set a great mood for Christmas. XD

So Poco's purpose for taking human form was to get Souta to realize that no matter what happens, Family will always be together :)
Makes sense that as Souta slowly realized this through his interactions with Poco, Poco's ability to stay in human wore off.

The little trance where Poco showed Souta that his Dad was proud of him and that everyone around loved him was really sweet and heartwarming. Kinda teared up at some points as well.
Glad Souta has at least one photo with Poco. XD Very nice moment with the trio laughing over their meal.

That ending, They sure are teasing us. XD

Overall, A really warm and soothing show. The character dynamics were great, Souta and Poco's relationship in particular was brought out really well. I also really loved how the show mixed in the relaxing slice of life with all the discussions of choices, decisions, careers, friendship, reminisce and regrets. Gave it a very mature feel, maybe a decade or two from today I'll go through all that reminiscing just like the characters here did. XD All that aside, the central theme of the importance of family and it's everlasting love and impact was presented really beautifully.

9/10 , Had it at 8 for so long but after this I'd feel bad if I didn't give it a 9. :P
Lelouch0202Dec 24, 2016 1:13 PM
Dec 24, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2016
Awwww, so sad. I even cried a little when he spoke to his dad. I will miss this show!
Dec 24, 2016 1:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really sweet ending, the parting scene of Souta and Poco was heartbraking though. This episode and episode 10 of course are reason enough for me to give one extra point to this series because those were impeccable honestly.

8/10, brilliant.
Dec 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2015
WoW what a stunning episode. I have no words... I was on an emotional rollarcoast.
10/10
Dec 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Decent ending to a decent show. I had fun with this one but didn't like how the episodes would end early for the Gaogao-chan bits. I'm disappointed that nothing came of Souta and Sae though. Not even a hint of romance :(

6/10
Dec 24, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
So I'll admit I did get just a bit feelsy this week. Overall though, good conclusion.

Overall, I do have to say I liked this. I actually really loved the art style, and the characters I did like as well. Not the strongest series in the world, not even best slice of life this season (Natsume Yuujinchou takes that title for me), but solid nevertheless.
Dec 24, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
I cried.

This show truly made me appreciate my dad and my family. I am so scared to think about what would happen as I get older and they get older as well, to think that one day they would also leave this world makes me appreciate all the moments I get to spend with them now.

Poco is also way too cute, man I fell in love with Poco since episode 1.

This series overall extremely touching and can turn any frown to a smile right away, I wish one day if I have a kid he/she would also be as cute as Poco.

Amazing episode, heartwarming series. <3
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Dec 24, 2016 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
That was too good. Poco was here to tell Souta the importance of family and that they're always close together even if they're physically far away. Nice stuff. I expected the parting to be more sad, but I'm not that disappointed though.

Thanks to Poco, Souta got his leg injured. Good going, tanuki lol.

Really liked the characters here. Poco only played the role of making Souta remember all those stuff. He helped Souta get closer to his dead father (maybe that sounded a bit wrong lol). The character interactions were fun and so lively. They were such a good family. The OP was the best this season. Really like how it starts off. Some heartwarming stuff here. It was similar t. Amaama to Inazuma, as in it emphasized on family and stuff, but I think these guys did it better here.
Dec 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Dec 2008
Oh gawd NOOOOOOO!!!!! Poco had to leave!!! I wanted Poco and Souta to stay together forever. I'm still shedding tears...
Dec 24, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
Aw and there ends my feel good anime of the season.. Been a really fun and sweet ride even if I wished the ending would have been slightly different from what it was. Poco actually left T.T

Does anyone know if the manga is still ongoing and if it is how far ahead is it compared to the anime? because from what I can find it look like the manga has 7 volumes so far with a release schedule of about 1-2 volumes a year and I can't find any information about it being finished. There also doesn't seem to exist any translation from what I can find :(
Dec 24, 2016 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
Aw damnit they separated them afterall, opting for the bittersweet ending I really, really didn't want. Damnit, what a disappointing ending to the best show of the Fall season. And I still consider it to be the best too, I won't let the ending ruin that for me. I even had tears in my eyes the whole goddamn episode! Fuck man...I mean it makes sense with the central theme of Souta realizing his father loved him and his hometown wasn't a bad place and the tanuki lore and whatnot but...he easily could have realized that AND kept Poco around! Give me that 100% happy ending for once damnit! Sigh...well I dunno. Maybe that tanuki at the end was Poco? I don't see how but...maybe. Either way I wanted something more concrete if it was.

But yeah, despite the ending not going as I wanted this was a fantastic series. Constantly emotionally moving. Best show this season, but before that ending I had it pretty high in my planned Top 10 anime of 2016 list whereas now I honestly might take it off completely. Can't see myself ever wanting to rewatch this now with that ending so I can't justify putting it above something I had #11 that I actually would rewatch. A shame that my final sentiment regarding a show I loved winds up being a sense of disappointment....but, oh well. 8/10
Dec 24, 2016 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
Zentyy said:
Aw and there ends my feel good anime of the season.. Been a really fun and sweet ride even if I wished the ending would have been slightly different from what it was. Poco actually left T.T

Does anyone know if the manga is still ongoing and if it is how far ahead is it compared to the anime? because from what I can find it look like the manga has 7 volumes so far with a release schedule of about 1-2 volumes a year and I can't find any information about it being finished. There also doesn't seem to exist any translation from what I can find :(

as far as i know anime is finished and manga is still ongoing and the ending is anime original. So he still takes care of Poco in manga! Also interesting to know that granddaughter of that scary Grandma who wants a tanuki lunch is a regular character in manga...
Dec 24, 2016 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
This was such a great episode. I cried a bit. So Poco came into Souta's life so he can show him his father was really proud for him. It worked out very well in the end. The relationship between Poco and Souta was so good. It would've been nice if they did stay together forever. Overall, a really heartwarming and wonderful show. 8/10
Dec 24, 2016 7:02 PM
Apr 2015
I love this series. The message it want to convey through the anime sure did reach me. I just love the relationship between Poco and Souta. That's what I call a great family bond. Overall, 10/10 this needs a second season. Poco's my soul animal.
Dec 24, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2015
One of the most underrated anime this season.

The finale was so heartwarming!

I hope Poco comes back. Lets hope for season 2!

9/10 for me.
Dec 24, 2016 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
Wonderful finale episode.
So that's how Souta got injured.

Those flashbacks were emotional. Happy for Souta to speak with his Dad one last time.
Sad to see Poco go. Always together within their hearts.

The Udon shop is getting a step closer to opening. YAY!!

Overall a great & wonderful slice-of-life show.
So peaceful & relaxing to watch this season.
Poco is the cutest & great life lessons along the way.

Kagawa is stunning & beautiful. Would love to go one day.
Gonna miss this show. Would be cool to see a Season 02.

Thanks for the precious moments. :)

8/10.
Santoryu_XBurnerDec 24, 2016 8:12 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 24, 2016 8:37 PM

Dec 2014
aaah oco really did leave in the end...good end but I still wanted Poco to stay you know....
Dec 24, 2016 8:54 PM

May 2009
I really enjoyed this show for its heartwarming episodes and the relationship Souta and Poco had. It was also nice to see how the Souta's past conflicts were finally resolved, especially with his dad. I still miss Poco so much! T-T I hope the "baby tanuki" signifies a reunion between Souta and Poco though :)
Dec 24, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2015
After that flashback and some talk with his father, Souta finally decide to ask Shunsuke about the truth about what Poco really is. I wonder if Poco will come back now that everyone's know what he is.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 24, 2016 9:53 PM

Jun 2016
So, anime original ending, huh? Well, I'm glad it was a fairly satisfying and conclusive one. It rounded off the main character arcs well. I'm also glad the sort-of-farewell (after credits scene suggests Poco may still come to visit as a tanuki on occasion) wasn't made too exaggerated, melodramatic or drawn-out for the sake of feelz milking; I think that would have conflicted with the show's messages with its themes of reminiscence and/vs learning to move forward. Might have undercut Souta's development a bit as well.
Dec 24, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that certainly made for a far more conclusive and satisfying ending than I was ever expecting from this series, as this seems like the kind of show that could have very easily ended with one of its usual episodes without me complaining. It certainly helps that this show has been excellent from the start and extremely enjoyable and heartwarming all the way. Definitely one of the highlihts of the season.

9/10
Dec 24, 2016 11:10 PM

Nov 2012
a nice and heartwarming way to end the series. overall a good series, sadly really overlooked. 7/10
Dec 25, 2016 12:51 AM

Jan 2011
I am going to be that buzzkill. This was a great character developing show but damn...Poko just annoyed me from start to finish. It frustrates me to even say it because there is a lot of charm in this show. A lot of merit points in different departments without question. But, Poko was directed to be too "babyish" imo and it bothered me...a lot. Not going to be a problem for probably 9/10 viewers so with that said, it was a charming heartwarming show that explored a nice slice of human development.
Dec 25, 2016 1:22 AM

Dec 2011
Really a great ending to such a nice anime.The ending had me in tears and I want Poco back :(
Dec 25, 2016 1:48 AM
Sep 2015
Nostalgia and reminiscing the past, and the major mystery revealed. Poco came to Souta to tell him about his dad. This is just so sweet and tense in every way. Eversince Poco came to Souta, he is reminded a lot of his past with his dad which is all super cute

Poco is super cute too, I actually cried when Poco disappeared and never came back to souta because his job is done. But then when Souta realizes that family will always stay in your heart no matter where they are, they will always be together. The moral of this anime is just super deep.

This anime is just so great for a whole family to watch, I swear. For a whole family to realize that they will never be apart no matter what happens, and to always cherish the times with your family. Love Souta and Poco, Hope they live happily ever after...
Dec 25, 2016 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
I hope this was a rib by the fan subbers....

Dec 25, 2016 2:53 AM
Feb 2012
The show ended the same way it began- tugging at my heartstrings, that is.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 25, 2016 3:00 AM
Dec 2015
That ending put me on an emotional downer this Christmas. I love everything the anime is but Poco and Souta separating...I can't handle the bitterness. :(

Still a 10/10 for me.
Dec 25, 2016 3:57 AM

Aug 2012
Most underrated show of the season. Beautiful episode.
Dec 25, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2016
OMG!!! The feels!!!! (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) This really needs a Season 2~. I won't be happy, about the ending I wish that I saw the baby tanuki was it? or is it POCO? I'am craving for a new season, I'am sure that there will be because of the message in the last part of the video :D Waaah!! Nodoka Shinomaru please make my wish come true つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

TheOtaku_LuffyDec 25, 2016 4:07 AM
Dec 25, 2016 4:57 AM
Dec 2011
So was that anime original ending or it ended at somewhere in the manga?
Dec 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
What? did they meet again or not? aaargh.. the vague ending is killing me. Gonna start reading the manga now. Easily AOTS for me. Lots of funny and heartwarming moments. Of course Poco is hella adorable but the rest of the casts can't be underestimated either. I just hoped there was more romance with Kana Hanazawa's character.. or that Yayoi girl at the end. Oh well.. maybe for season 2 if it's ever made.

9/10
Dec 25, 2016 6:56 AM

Feb 2015
So beautiful! The feels are strong... (╥_╥)
Dec 25, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, I was expecting a happy ending. Like everyone accepting Poco as Tanuki and Souta continuing to take care of him... But got bittersweet one instead. It was still a nice way to wrap up the anime.

The finale was intense and emotional. Thanks to Poco, Souta overcame his regret and got to talk to his dad again. I cried a little when Poco said that he, Souta's dad and everyone loves Souta and they're always present in his heart :')

Overall, it was a very cute and heartwarming anime. It was excellent till the very end. Gonna miss the show :')

8/10
Dec 25, 2016 8:52 AM

Jan 2010
8/10

Would have given it a 9/10, but I fucking hate those bittersweet endings.
Dec 25, 2016 8:52 AM

Sep 2011
Welp... third series that I'm following ended.

I didn't regret watching this.

10/10
Dec 25, 2016 9:42 AM
Mar 2012
Souta coming to terms with his past strained relation with father, his future goals & home, were wonderful with guidance from Poco.
A simple sol at its core, but somehow gives warm fuzziness all the time. A great show of parenting, family and growth.
Dec 25, 2016 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
I truly loved this anime...however this ending was awful. It honestly made me really mad. People also kinda jut dismissed Poco was a Tanuki except for the Priest.

I'll still give it an 8/10 but man that ending was rough.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 25, 2016 12:44 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, i'm gonna miss this show.
Sure, the ending had some little problem like what SoraSenpai said for example, people just didnt talked about Poco and his tail and just goes ''oh, i guess hes at the bathroom''
Still shed some tears when he disappeared tho.

anyway, its a solid 8/10 and one of the best this season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 25, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2016
the emotional part is strong, but lack finishing blow lol.. well at least it's a worth watching anime
Dec 25, 2016 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
Bawled like a baby through this whole entire episode! The most heartwarming emotional rollercoaster I have ever been on and I loved every minute of this ride!

AOTS for me and overall a 9/10! Hope we get a second season some time. I am really going to miss my Saturday's with Poco every week!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 25, 2016 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
fuck man the feels and come on that's it he just disappeared?! oh no :'(

Dec 25, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
Damn, that was a really emotional finale. I didn't cry, but my eyes did get a bit teary ;__;.... I'm really going to miss this sweet show. Such a heartwarming, funny and emotional show. One of the better ones this season.

8/10.

Dec 25, 2016 8:03 PM
May 2016
That was so sad.. Loved the show tho
Dec 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
Holy hell! That was one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen in all the years ive watched anime
I am absolutely heartbroken they had to part with each other, but the last 20 seconds gave me the biggest smile ever!
10/10
Dec 25, 2016 11:03 PM
Mar 2016
damn this series
and last episode stroke my heart very deep
i have bad relationship with my dad
and when i watch it, suddenly gentlemen tear out :|
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

59 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

77 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.