Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty rough fight, almost at an even level between Fuuka and Rinne although I think Rinne has the better experience in her movements here.

This episode had a lot of emotions and dialogues. Feels like the rain is representing Rinne's feelings from the days of her that carried into the present. Pretty emotional episode imo.
Dec 3, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
So lot's off flashbacks but with that a better understanding of the girls, this fight has a lot at stake and it's turning out to be a very interesting fight.
I wonder how it will turn out next week.
Dec 3, 2016 10:38 AM
Feb 2015
It was pretty nice to watch, the match is surprisingly even. Too bad it'll end next episode though.
Dec 3, 2016 1:25 PM

Nov 2015
Fuuka is becoming really strong but Rinne is more experienced.

Dec 3, 2016 9:49 PM

Sep 2014
What a match they had there.
I'm hype for the outcome of their match.
Dec 4, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
another great episode, full of action (and backstories)
dat cliffhanger tho, FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
I thought it'll conclude in this episode..
Dec 4, 2016 4:36 AM

Jul 2016
Not bad but what wrong with the art???

Dec 4, 2016 10:58 AM
May 2014
years of training + talent, not enough to easily beat the crap out ouf a beginner, yeah this anime is garbage
Dec 4, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
"Pretty rough" animation. This director is so bad, the pacing between the little still frame skirmishes, listening to the coach's and others babble, and repeating the dead horse back story over and over really destroyed any sense of suspense this ep was supposed to have. At least we got a super cute eyecatch of Fuu-chan. Which btw, what a lazy development for a character. "She can control her body how she wants." What, wtf is that, LMAO. Two quick jabs from little Corona is now a secret Strike Arts technique that can take out one of the gnarliest fighters that have reined in the under15 for the past year. I can't... "She must have the God Fist!"
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Dec 4, 2016 2:51 PM

Mar 2008
It is pretty silly how they just handled Fuka's ability. She's just a hax character! I guess we didn't really need to see her fight through the show then...She just learns everything. In four months she's able to absorb enough ancient styles and modern styles to realistically win against one of the top ranked fighters in her age group. In a year she's going to be a champion that can't be touched. Fuka is a super sponge. Was it really so hard to give her a unique style of her own? Aren't we literally just proving Jill right here? Fuka will win because while Rinne is an amazing physical talent, Fuka's insane talent even surpasses hers.

Moving away from the lazy way of handling Fuka's fighting skills....At least the emotional side of the fight had value. Maybe for the first time since episode 1 we are getting into Fuka's head. For all she talked about in terms of Rinne's problems belonging to her and not liking her eyes...that isn't what this fight turned into. Maybe that's just inconsistent characterization or she was lying to herself, I don't know. Either way the fight turned into her at least recognizing the level of self-loathing Rinne has right now. Focusing on what Rinne did for her in the past, what kind of friendship they had, and her desire to carry her pain with her. More of that earlier would have been nice, but better late than never.

At least there is more of an emotional focus on this conflict. Rather than the almost bullying like feel it had at the end of last week.
Dec 4, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
One of the worse episode of the show, imo. The way they handled fuuka power was pretty bad, and the constant flashback just took out all the suspension of the fight, also the animation took a nosedive this time, this was quite a lazy animated fight if you ask me...
Dec 4, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
Thai777 said:
One of the worse episode of the show, imo. The way they handled fuuka power was pretty bad, and the constant flashback just took out all the suspension of the fight, also the animation took a nosedive this time, this was quite a lazy animated fight if you ask me...

Completely disagree on the flashbacks. You take those out then this fight is both lacking in suspense and utterly uninteresting. They need those flashbacks are absolutely necessary to focus on the emotional aspect of the conflict. That is what is important, not the actual fight itself. Fuka especially needs those flashbacks right now to flesh her character out. We need to focus on their relationship which requires looking back on their pasts.
Dec 4, 2016 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
The fight was rough. Rinne got hurt bad, but she continues to fight on. There was also a lot of flashbacks and dialogue for them. Fuuka got a bit better now. I thought this fight will end in one episode, but it will continue for the next one.
Dec 4, 2016 8:30 PM

Nov 2014
Fuka is the genius Jill has been looking for all this time. And we can consider Fuka is shonen mc, she is just like Son Goku or Luffy, strong, fast learning, and a glutton..well a little. Since episode 1, I have had that expectation, after saw how Fuka can learn so easily the Haou Dankuu Ken from Einhard.
Dec 4, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty rough animation this ep, noticeable worse than the OP sequence and previous fight scenes. Like others have said, the handling of Fuuka's power level was pretty poorly done. I get that she learns quickly and has a talent for fighting but didn't we just go over the fact in an episode earlier on that Rinne's talent is godly and extremely rare? I can understand Fuuka having stronger strikes but better skills isn't quite what I was expecting from the fight.
I do think that the way she changed her fighting style was plausible though, it's similar to Kenichi's final fight in Strongest Disciple, the simple fact that Fuuka is switching techniques is quite disorienting, especially to a professional fighter. I can vouch for this as I have done karate and sparred competitively, changes in rhythm and style can really throw you off in a fight so I agree with that, it's just that I can't see Fuuka's talent being so godly that she literally absorbs all her friend's techniques in a span of 4 months. I'd understand if they showed her practicing those techniques with friends beforehand like she did with Einhard and the Hegemon Sky-Splitting Fist/Sky severing knuckle, but implying that she learned just from watching is a little less likely.

I liked the standard friendship fight formula, I'm especially fond of any variation of an exchange like:
A:"You don't understand me."
B:"Of course not, you're not telling me anything!"
While very common and occasionally misused and cliched, I still find those exchanges quite genuine and satisfying to watch.
Anyways back to the fight, those final minutes were much more like the main fight I envisioned, dialogue heavy with memories going by and basically a slugfest. That was what I was expecting for the most part but it was still pretty decent.
Looks like we'll get our conclusion to the fight next ep, still pretty excited for it.
gust11Dec 4, 2016 10:54 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 5, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
People are forgetting before those four months training, she was fighting one whole gang and she always fought a lot of them. She got hit a lot and at times in the head and she's still okay. She's a good street fighter. Heh. The trainers & coaches talk like Fuuka never fought a day in her life. Her powerful street fighting punch is the reason she got into the gym.
MagitoDec 5, 2016 4:23 AM
Dec 5, 2016 6:30 AM

Jun 2012
I swear everyone loves using rain to add dramatic effect :) Inori Minase-san is great actress, she can really show emotions.
Dec 5, 2016 9:15 AM
Oct 2015
FlareKnight said:
Thai777 said:

Completely disagree on the flashbacks. You take those out then this fight is both lacking in suspense and utterly uninteresting. They need those flashbacks are absolutely necessary to focus on the emotional aspect of the conflict. That is what is important, not the actual fight itself. Fuka especially needs those flashbacks right now to flesh her character out. We need to focus on their relationship which requires looking back on their pasts.
could not have said this better myself
Dec 5, 2016 9:23 AM

Aug 2016
Very nice, strong episode, enjoyed it a lot,

The only downside what happens a lot in this series, rinne got beaten so hard that her ribs broke, (she looked like she almost died), but for some reason, she got stronger then before? I really don't get that and I hate it when that happens in this series...

Anyways, fuuka better win next episode...
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 5, 2016 7:55 PM
Jan 2009
I was expecting Fuuka to yell something like "then I'll make you happy!" in response to all the negative lines Rinne had.
Dec 6, 2016 3:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol those words that Fuuka gave to Rinne in the beginning
was just so cool

If Rinne will be more open to her friends and allies
then perhaps she won't be in so much pain

Love the fight/explanation here
Fukka's dispelling each of Rinne's reasons here rather well

Though Rinne won't go down easily
but lol Fuuka goading her into using her full strength

Hmm so Rinne is determined to stay at the state and attitude she currently uses
eh but i doubt Fukka or the rest of the girls will allow that

Its nice that both Jill for Rinne and Eins for Fuuka realize what needs to
be done here to achieve victory for either side

Nice Fuuka is incorporating Miura's kicks and Vivios counters in addition
to Eins techniques. Score one for friendship

its nice that Jill is respecting Rinne's wishes to keep fighting though

To think it will become a battle of attrition in the end though
still the fighting in the rain scenes were well done

Seeing Rinne's inner thoughts about her hating herself though was a surprise

I love how the fight scenes were dispersed between their childhood though
Little Fuuka and Rinne was so cute though

Angry Fuuka though is scary lol
But i really admire Fuuka's determination to help Rinne here

its nice to see Jill reflect on her mistakes though

Can't wait to see how this fight will end next episode though
but the fight scenes in this episode was pretty well executed
In terms of skill i think both were quite evenly matched here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2016 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
That is why I said before Fuuka stop being the main character after Rinne's flashback. They rarely focus on her after that and now they suddenly info dumping about her have these and that talent... They should have done these in the previous episodes... IMO the anime doesnt know who they wanted to make as the main character... Fuuka? Rinne? Vivio? Einhard? That is why the character development for the new characters is so bad and sudden. I mean I REALLY like Fuuka and all, but man... they really mess up her character development

As for this episode... the animation is quite rough and stiff... I was hoping they spent quite a lot of budget in these two fight but it doesnt seem so. Will see if they actually give more effort animating their fight in the next episode if not this is really disappointing fight. I wanted the amazing fight animation like in the first few episode or like in the opening at least. If not I think this is just a quick cash grab and to draw interest to the upcoming Nanoha movie....
Dec 7, 2016 2:04 AM

Jun 2013
intense fight fused with drama
Dec 8, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2009
Those girls fight hard!
I really want Fuu to win!
Dec 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! So much heart to heart talk with Fuuka and Rinne! The episode ended with the fight STILL not finished!
Fuuka using all of the techniques that she learned from others' sparring is totally a big help!
I think Fuuka is naturally stronger than Rinne and possibly equal to Einhard because in such a short span of 4 months she's already that good in tossing away Rinne! Think of it + 2 years from now on how powerful Fuuka can be!?
5/5!

Dec 8, 2016 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
Rinne getting her ass handed to her, damn cliffhanger...
Dec 9, 2016 12:08 AM

Sep 2015
Why the cliffhanger ;-;
Why oh why must this fight be extended when it could've ended this episode
Dec 10, 2016 6:40 AM
Apr 2013
The episode was a pretty nice improvement, lots of talking and action (kind of, in the sense of half half).
I can only wonder what the rest of the series is going to be since there's supposed to be 2 eps left?
Dec 11, 2016 4:50 PM

Dec 2009
So sad they gave the Fuuka the protagonism power. I'm hoping see futher explanations about all that power to evercome professional fighters in 4 months and learn hard techs easily.

The flashback was great. Good to see more of the character's past.

However, in a "normal" situation, Rinne should have wreched Fuuka, even with the wounds from Vivio's fight.
Dec 13, 2016 5:12 AM
Feb 2015
PauloDDD said:
So sad they gave the Fuuka the protagonism power. I'm hoping see futher explanations about all that power to evercome professional fighters in 4 months and learn hard techs easily.

The flashback was great. Good to see more of the character's past.

However, in a "normal" situation, Rinne should have wreched Fuuka, even with the wounds from Vivio's fight.

They made Fuuka take Nanoha-san's full course of Starlight Breaker.
Dec 13, 2016 6:03 AM

Dec 2009
ixarising said:

They made Fuuka take Nanoha-san's full course of Starlight Breaker.

In 4 months!!
But they will use the past fights injuries to justify all the mess. I'm *almost* ok with this (almost, because in sports experience > talent)
Dec 18, 2016 1:07 AM
Mar 2012
Fuuka learned fast, really "mixed" martial arts.
Fight was alright, but main focus was the flashbacks & them talking out their differences. Rinne's quite delusional of her past & misplaced guilt, that's exactly why Fuuka's here to beat sense into her.
Aug 24, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode again, quite lovely development and I really wonder what the last two episodes of this series will have to offer!
Feb 28, 2018 1:54 AM

Jun 2017
The chibi-Rinne gets top points in being adorable. It's always those types that get bullied (it makes the bitches jealous), and in that respect her dilemma is pretty realistic. A pretty touching story in this anime. I have to say I love both of the main characters in this one quite a bit.

...though, I did not really like Rinne until about this episode.

PauloDDD said:

Well, not necessarily true. Take into consideration just how much Fuuka has been fighting without training, and that martial arts training does not always factor into an actual fight, and it makes some sense. They more or less attribute it to a combination of Fuuka being tough and a fast learner - but she isn't exactly new to being in fights as we saw in the first episode.

I know I've seen someone I took martial arts classes with (who was sufficiently experienced, more than me at least) get stomped in a fight, because they didn't have a good grasp of what happens outside of sparring, when you're fighting to hurt the person.

Don't get me wrong, martial arts training does have lots of benefits in a real fight, if you use the right parts - like how to throw a punch, how to maneuver, how to remain stable and take blows, where to look, what to watch ... I'm sure this list could go on forever - but it's definitely not a perfect translation between a fight and a sport, and your experience could bite you.

I guess that's why we see MMA fighters who are relatively new, sometimes win against vets.

And in regard to a real fight, this episode was almost realistic, haha - they pretty much just pounded on each other back and forth the entire time...
Alpha-MethylFeb 28, 2018 2:10 AM
Oct 1, 2021 8:40 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty intense fighting going on!

Lol, Fuuka broke the chocolate in half with the wrapper still on xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2022 5:11 AM

Aug 2018
Well, can't say that I'm fan of that Nanoha often does these things.. Beating each other to become friends, lol.. They're not the closest friends to begin with.. Friendship isn't the strongest point in Nanoha, and at the same time it solves everything sometimes.. Isn't the strongest point - I mean, how it's portrayed.. Did we see a lot of Fuuka's interactions with other girls, just becoming friends?.. Bonding, slice of life, or other stuff - aren't really big part of the show, and often it's even almost absent at all, and sometimes is absent, pretty much.. But that's how it feels to me personally..
Apr 17, 2022 2:44 AM

Feb 2020
Little Fuka and Rinne were so adorable. ^_^ I loved those flashbacks. I hope they'll became friends again.

SerafosFeb 20, 12:39 AM
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Apr 2021
An exciting fight between friends, I hope they become friends again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

115 by cristinacke28 »»
Apr 21, 4:26 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.