Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Or just fantasy?

HOLY MOLY, THIS IS SO GREAT! I was so sad when the first season ended.
Yes.
Yesyesyesyes.
I wonder how this season will turn out, though. I hope we'll get to see White again.
Nov 30, 2016 10:40 AM
Oct 2015
I was dissing Bones the other day for announcing a sequel to an anime like Boku no Hero and completely ignoring Kekkai Sensen.

Now that this is announced, I will bow down, and kiss their feet for forgiveness.
I'll excuse the change of director and script writer, but I'm a bit worried that they might mess up.
Nov 30, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2011
Caught in a landslide,
no escape from reality...

So much hype! I loved the first season, I wasn't expecting there to be a second season though. What a pleasant surprise to wake up to. 2017 is still so far to me, I can't waiittt.
Nov 30, 2016 11:39 AM
Apr 2015
I was so happy to hear the news, I'm a bit worried about how this will turn out tho, considering the first season had alot of original content.
Nov 30, 2016 12:31 PM

Nov 2015
YUSSSS!!!!!!!!!
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و ~ヾ(๑^∇^๑)ノ゙
Finally a second season from one of my favorite animes.
。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(๑´∀`๑)ノ.✶゚ฺ。.
Nov 30, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2016
YES,IT IS :D I´M SO EXCITED! THIS WILL BE AWESOME :3 2.Season-Hype ^^
Nov 30, 2016 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
Yesss!! I'm so excited! I absolutely love this anime <3
Nov 30, 2016 1:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see that anime has been saved.
Nov 30, 2016 2:31 PM
Mar 2013
Yes yes yes! ^_^
I loved first season, can't wait to see how the story unfolds ;)
Nov 30, 2016 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
This mess is getting a second season? well, I guess I get why. It did pretty good in sales figures. Although sales numbers won't explain to me what exactly I watched.
Nov 30, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
First of all, I DONT WANT TO SEE THOSE COLOR BOYS AND THE GIRLS! they ruined the last two episode especially the ending! Except those two,otherwise this anime was rlly great, concept was unique and the comedy was way awesome.

BTW, in 2017, anime will mark its golden age!
Nov 30, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
Can't say whether I prefer a sequel to this or Re zero. While Re zero managed to be more interesting for a larger percentage of its run I could care less about a sequel. This one kinda lost me at a faster pace. But perhaps the extended time away from KS makes me more tolerant of a sequel, or simply because I know re zero is 1) padded as fuck and 2) a long as fuck story that manged to get boring less than 10% in. (according to source readers)
Nov 30, 2016 3:06 PM
May 2016
I can't believe my eyes. xD

ri-chan0911Nov 30, 2016 3:13 PM
Nov 30, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
OMG REALLY THANK YOU SO MUCH
Nov 30, 2016 5:19 PM
Jan 2016
When I saw this, I couldn't believe my eyes. I hope the ED is as great as the first one though.
Nov 30, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
Matsumoto not returning is a huge shame. She was that show for me. Her direction made it special so her not being director for s2 is making me very worried.
Nov 30, 2016 7:16 PM
Aug 2014
it was real my brother and sister ... i i also though it was a dream @_@
Nov 30, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
I can't believe such incompetent, incomprehensible nonsense is getting a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2016 10:28 PM

Feb 2014
I have to remind you guys, the creative mind behind Kekkai Sensen S1 isn't directing the sequel.

Instead, we got a new director, who I don't really know what he's capable of.
Although it's kinda understandable that the producer might be pissed with what Rie (Matsumoto) did (keep correcting the storyboard until it had to be delayed), but I just hope she will direct a new anime and her career rise again.

Aside from that, I'm quite happy to see Taisei Iwasaki is back. Wonderful soundtrack, and sells good (16k copies for ost is quite amazing), no wonder the producer decide to keep him. He's the other reason why Kekkai Sensen S1 was amazing, aside from Rie.
Nov 30, 2016 10:55 PM

Nov 2014
kyuudere said:
I have to remind you guys, the creative mind behind Kekkai Sensen S1 isn't directing the sequel.

Although it's kinda understandable that the producer might be pissed with what Rie (Matsumoto) did (keep correcting the storyboard until it had to be delayed), but I just hope she will direct a new anime and her career rise again.

Aside from that, I'm quite happy to see Taisei Iwasaki is back. Wonderful soundtrack, and sells good (16k copies for ost is quite amazing), no wonder the producer decide to keep him. He's the other reason why Kekkai Sensen S1 was amazing, aside from Rie.

Ta for that, might (though unlikely) be worthwhile watching then, hopefully the dull as f@ck train wreck of the last few episodes of season 1 won't be repeated... Actually scratch that we don't need a second season just a replacement of the last episodes.
Nov 30, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2013
Too good to be true, I thought this series was going to die
Dec 1, 2016 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait for a second season. I really liked Kekkai Sensen.
Dec 1, 2016 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
QWERTYFish25 said:
Can't say whether I prefer a sequel to this or Re zero. While Re zero managed to be more interesting for a larger percentage of its run I could care less about a sequel. This one kinda lost me at a faster pace. But perhaps the extended time away from KS makes me more tolerant of a sequel, or simply because I know re zero is 1) padded as fuck and 2) a long as fuck story that manged to get boring less than 10% in. (according to source readers)

Well, Re:Zero isn't going to get a second season too soon, unless they decide to adapt the web novels.

But as for the story, it's probably also up to personal preference. For me, Re:Zero is one of my favorite series.
Dec 1, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
TheMadKing said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Well, Re:Zero isn't going to get a second season too soon, unless they decide to adapt the web novels.

But as for the story, it's probably also up to personal preference. For me, Re:Zero is one of my favorite series.

Both had some good ideas Re zero just seemed to have a hard time getting through without pandering and faffing and the plot convenient suffering and (in)ability of the MC. KS felt like riding shotgun on a road trip with a first time driver.
Dec 1, 2016 6:53 AM
Sep 2016
Rie won't come back is a big mistake and the new director made so many bad animes. But I still love Kekkai sensen <3 Even this sequel will fail T.T
Dec 1, 2016 8:32 AM
Jan 2009
Choostopher said:
kyuudere said:

Ta for that, might (though unlikely) be worthwhile watching then, hopefully the dull as f@ck train wreck of the last few episodes of season 1 won't be repeated... Actually scratch that we don't need a second season just a replacement of the last episodes.

The creative mind behind this series is Yasuhiro Nightow. Rie is a hack and didn't understand the point of the series at all and completely trashed it by the end.
Dec 1, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
kyuudere said:

He directed two episodes of Trigun. Which has the same author as Kekkai Sensen, so he has some connection with the original author. Plus he has TWGOK and CCS on his tab. I think he's pretty suited for this job. And I can't really do anything else but to look forward to the person, who directed TWGOK.
Dec 1, 2016 2:02 PM
Isekai Academic

Feb 2015
Better live up the what the first season left off with, though the plot is a bit generic, The characters were great and i hope to see them continue the trend into the second season.
Dec 1, 2016 2:32 PM
Aug 2013
Geekgasm_Inc said:
Matsumoto not returning is a huge shame. She was that show for me. Her direction made it special so her not being director for s2 is making me very worried.

Same
I was soooo sad. She's my fav director
Dec 1, 2016 8:30 PM

Feb 2014
Radzeer said:
kyuudere said:

He directed two episodes of Trigun. Which has the same author as Kekkai Sensen, so he has some connection with the original author. Plus he has TWGOK and CCS on his tab. I think he's pretty suited for this job. And I can't really do anything else but to look forward to the person, who directed TWGOK.

Yeah, just see Wakana Okamura (Producer) tweeted something about that.
Apparently, Nightow liked the third episode of Trigun and thought his style will fit with his work.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804511709188608000

He also said that Matsumoto Rie herself rejected to direct Second Season because she felt she did everything she wanted to do in First Season.

https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804514663035613184

Takayanagi himself commented that he really like Nightow's work and he want to maximize the appeal and strengths of the manga, also the charm and relationships between characters.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804521554570723329

Wakana P additionally said that he personally hoped Matsumoto Rie will continue to bring out her talent in a different form/work, and tell her fans to continue support her.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804528007402504192
Dec 2, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
thought they are never ever going to make a second season...

SQUEEEEE

Spent half a day searching for second season after the first season ended, can't say I am not jumping in joy and shock right now! > <
Dec 3, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
kyuudere said:
Radzeer said:

Yeah, just see Wakana Okamura (Producer) tweeted something about that.
Apparently, Nightow liked the third episode of Trigun and thought his style will fit with his work.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804511709188608000

He also said that Matsumoto Rie herself rejected to direct Second Season because she felt she did everything she wanted to do in First Season.

https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804514663035613184

Takayanagi himself commented that he really like Nightow's work and he want to maximize the appeal and strengths of the manga, also the charm and relationships between characters.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804521554570723329

Wakana P additionally said that he personally hoped Matsumoto Rie will continue to bring out her talent in a different form/work, and tell her fans to continue support her.
https://twitter.com/wacanan/status/804528007402504192

This is a huge relief. Hearing that she left simply cause she was done, and that she wasn't kicked off, makes me worry far less for her career in the future. Very glad as I want to see far more stuff from her.
Dec 3, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2013
Is this really second season? I hope it is but it seems that is more likely to be an OVA. Although they did announce that they had plans for Kekkai Sensen but they never said if it was gonna be a second season or anything.
Dec 3, 2016 11:36 AM

Feb 2016
DarkwindJR said:
Is this really second season? I hope it is but it seems that is more likely to be an OVA. Although they did announce that they had plans for Kekkai Sensen but they never said if it was gonna be a second season or anything.
Nope, this is a second season :)
Dec 3, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2013
Call-Me-Captain said:
DarkwindJR said:

Oh!
Did they announce which year they speculate to release it?
Dec 4, 2016 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
DarkwindJR said:
Call-Me-Captain said:

Oh!
Did they announce which year they speculate to release it?

Here you go, from MAL:
Dec 4, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Where did it say that it's Spring?
Sup...
Dec 6, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
First, let me apologize for posting off-topic discussion, but I found a piece of interesting information about a certain "Female Director in her 30s".

TOHO's Producer Kawamura Genki (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, Boy and the Beast, Kekkai Sensen, Kimi no Na Wa.) said in a certain interview that's he's currently working with "a certain Genius female Anime Director in her thirties". He's overwhelmed by her talent and said she's totally "uncontrollable" and "genius among geniuses". Kawamura-P even added "It's like finding young Hayao Miyazaki and Mamoru Hosoda".

[url]https://twitter.com/botacou/status/805983381771014145[/url]

It seems he's referring to Matsumoto Rie.
If this is true, than it makes sense why Rie isn't working on Kekkai Sensen 2nd season (actually she rejected the idea because she felt she did everything she wanted in Season 1). Probably high profile movie, another big hit like Shinkai's "Kimi no Na Wa." ?
Dec 10, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love this anime! I loved the opening hope they keep the same song!

It's a masterpiece! Not literally, not a 5/5 anime, the story needs a lot more development, maybe second season will make it 5/5, cuz first was too incomplete and just worth a 4/5 in my opinion!

It's wait and see, I love the originality! Excited to say the least!
Dec 10, 2016 8:54 PM

Nov 2012
Lord_Nutella said:
I was dissing Bones the other day for announcing a sequel to an anime like Boku no Hero and completely ignoring Kekkai Sensen.

Now that this is announced, I will bow down, and kiss their feet for forgiveness.
I'll excuse the change of director and script writer, but I'm a bit worried that they might mess up.

I like this anime and all, but are you crazy? Boku no Hero has the potential to be one of the biggest anime/mangas of the next generation, of course Bones would cash in.
Jaywalker.
Dec 10, 2016 8:55 PM

Aug 2015
It seems to be confirmed, I hope it is better than the previous one.

Dec 11, 2016 5:53 AM
Oct 2015
Epicenter said:
Lord_Nutella said:

I like this anime and all, but are you crazy? Boku no Hero has the potential to be one of the biggest anime/mangas of the next generation, of course Bones would cash in.

Boku no Hero was a big disappointment.
It was boring, lacked any substance and was just a straight up waste of potential. I was honestly excited to see this animated, given the popularity and praise, before seeing that it's your typical boring shounen bullshit.
I like shounens, don't get me wrong, but this one was just bad.

Kekkai Sensen on the other hand, is unique in every sort of way. Symbolism in storytelling and in every frame of animation, awesome fights, music that fits the scenery and a setting that captivates the watcher. So it would be natural to want a sequel for something different and surprisingly successful (in terms of sales) instead of another superhero shounen jump fiesta.
Now that is my perspective in terms of anime quality,but if we're talking money, Boku no Hero would be the better investment for Bones. Still, Kekkai Sensen will not fall short in terms of sales (hopefully)
Dec 12, 2016 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
My 10/10, my long dreamed show, my favourite story, with favourite protagonist, with amazingly inredibly wellmade graphics, and epic jazzy soundtrack is getting second season ;_; It's like my dream just becomes reality~!
Mar 22, 2017 10:55 PM
Dec 2016
WTKK said:
Looking forward to the 2nd season! <3 I don't care if it turns out to be bad but I'll just be hoping for more Chain Sumeragi screentime :'( T_T

SUPER NEWS!!!!
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October!!!!
A flyer from this year's AnimeJapan 2017 event revealed on Thursday that Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond (Kekkai Sensen & Beyond), the second anime season based on Yasuhiro Nightow's Blood Blockade Battlefront manga, will premiere on MBS, Tokyo MX, and BS11 in October. The anime will have 12 episodes. The text on the flyer states that the anime will "reproduce the comic more faithfully."!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope yeah!!!
Mar 24, 2017 1:24 AM

Mar 2017
I was actually planning to read the manga of Kekkai Sensen because the ending in the anime was horrible (I was hoping that the ending in manga was nice) BUTTT

I looked at the comments and the majority of the people who read the manga said that it is also horrible.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward for the second season.

WILLIAAAMMMMMMMMMM ♥♥

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 24, 2017 10:11 PM
Dec 2016
euls said:
I was actually planning to read the manga of Kekkai Sensen because the ending in the anime was horrible (I was hoping that the ending in manga was nice) BUTTT

I looked at the comments and the majority of the people who read the manga said that it is also horrible.

WILLIAAAMMMMMMMMMM ♥♥

Yes but the manga has more light, in the manga, there aren't white and black (also zetsubouou). The manga tells about the tragedy between Leo and his little sister (but she isn't die lol), and it has funny moments, very funny moments :V super cute Klaus, Steven,Chain,Leo,... (damn cute author's art) :))))
Mar 25, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2017
nam13112001 said:
euls said:

Yes but the manga has more light, in the manga, there aren't white and black (also zetsubouou). The manga tells about the tragedy between Leo and his little sister (but she isn't die lol), and it has funny moments, very funny moments :V
super cute Klaus, Steven,Chain,Leo,... (damn cute author's art) :))))

So White and Black doesn't exist in the manga? So they're anime only characters... I see. that's too bad then.
OHHHHHH so it tells the tragedy about Leo and his little sister. So they changed the anime. Maybe they're going to follow the manga in season 2 :)

Thank you for explaining me. I'll try to read the manga later on.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 5, 2017 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
hope this season they will solved everything...can't wait much longer
Aug 10, 2017 3:25 AM

Nov 2015
Call-Me-Captain said:
Or just fantasy?

HOLY MOLY, THIS IS SO GREAT! I was so sad when the first season ended.
Yes.
Yesyesyesyes.
I wonder how this season will turn out, though. I hope we'll get to see White again.
I dont know if we will see her ,she is an anime character does not exist in the manga(i dont know about mangas sequel )
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 16, 2017 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
Guess so. Don't maybe they wont ru. Around and waste 3/4 of the runtime with episodic stories that are barely tied to the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.