Forum Settings
Forums

'Kekkai Sensen' Gets Second Season for 2017

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 29, 2016 10:42 AM
Sep 2015
I wonder how the Japanese are reacting to this director change. Maybe if it a lot are upset for the change then Rie might come back for season 3?
Nov 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 2011
Another season with incomprehensible plot
Nov 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
Another great sequel to look forward to in 2017
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 29, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
WhiteFlamee said:
Fai said:

The common theory is that the director herself decided to split over the script writer change.

They would not fire a director of the show that sold this much.

Alas now there's a big chance I won't even touch this second season as it is bound to suck.

ur jumping to conclusions.

bones isnt stupid to let their biggest title in a while to go down the drain. bones isnt in a postion to be cocky since the company isnt doing well financially.

Well considering they chose one of the most inept directors in the industry and one of worst possible writers with no experience I'd say it is very likely for this to turn out bad. The only logical non-cocky-bones explanation I can see is that Rie split late due to some decision Bones did and they just found random replacement available or something. It really does not make sense to take off the HUGE part of why Kekkai Sensen was even good.

Also yes Bones is not stupid. Neither is MAPPA, yet Garo Crimson Moon still happened.
AhenshihaelNov 29, 2016 11:17 AM
Nov 29, 2016 11:24 AM
Sep 2015
Fai said:
WhiteFlamee said:

ur jumping to conclusions.

bones isnt stupid to let their biggest title in a while to go down the drain. bones isnt in a postion to be cocky since the company isnt doing well financially.

Well considering they chose one of the most inept directors in the industry and one of worst possible writers with no experience I'd say it is very likely for this to turn out bad. The only logical non-cocky-bones explanation I can see is that Rie split late due to some decision Bones did and they just found random replacement available or something. It really does not make sense to take off the HUGE part of why Kekkai Sensen was even good.

Also yes Bones is not stupid. Neither is MAPPA, yet Garo Crimson Moon still happened.

i still think u should give it a try instead of just dropping it prematurely over director change.

who knows what can happen. It would be safe if they follow the manga
Nov 29, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
WhiteFlamee said:
Fai said:

i still think u should give it a try instead of just dropping it prematurely over director change.

Its basically overreacting in a sense but then again I may have contradicted myself on that since I did went and jump to conclusions before but them a shot anyways, some turned for the worse some turned for the better.

Just how I see it of course.
Nov 29, 2016 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
Who thought that was a good idea.
Nov 29, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2007
WhiteFlamee said:
Fai said:

You can follow manga and still have show look and feel like ass.
Kekkai Sensen was VERY liberal with following the source but that did not in anyway change it's quality.

Director is HUGE part of the production quality. Its the person w ho makes everything flow together and who eventually is responsible for how the show flows and how the show looks.
Nov 29, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
Heard a lot of the first season was based on original material and characters, will be interesting to see how S2 progresses.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 29, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the first season a lot, so i'll definitely give it a try despite the staff changes!
Nov 29, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2015
>not directed by rie matusmoto

She was 95% of the reason Kekkai Sensen was any fucking good in the first place. The other 5% was the music. With her gone I completely doubt the new season will be anywhere near as good.

I hope she's going off to direct something else. She's a fantastic director.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 29, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
RainyRai said:

She was 95% of the reason Kekkai Sensen was any fucking good in the first place. The other 5% was the music. With her gone I completely doubt the new season will be anywhere near as good.

More like she was the reason why the the anime was such a clusterfuck mess and the final episode was delayed for months.

I'm all for a new director but this new one seems just as bad. This series is cursed I guess. Though I hope at least the OST will be done by the same guy, it was absolutely fantastic.
Nov 29, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
Hongu said:
RainyRai said:

More like she was the reason why the the anime was such a clusterfuck mess and the final episode was delayed for months.

I'm all for a new director but this new one seems just as bad. This series is cursed I guess. Though I hope at least the OST will be done by the same guy, it was absolutely fantastic.

Kekkai Sensen was only a clusterfuck mess if you turned it on, muted it and left your house. If you actually watched the show everything would have made perfect sense aside from a few scenes where you had to think for less then a minute to understand them. Matsumoto's got fantastic talent in making things with a great story along with fantastic and vibrant visuals. With her gone Kekkai Sensen will not feel like Kekkai Sensen at all anymore.

I guess it will make money though because the VA's aren't changing.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 29, 2016 1:37 PM
Sep 2015
Fai said:
WhiteFlamee said:

Kekkai Sensen was VERY liberal with following the source but that did not in anyway change it's quality.

Director is HUGE part of the production quality. Its the person w ho makes everything flow together and who eventually is responsible for how the show flows and how the show looks.

i know director plays a pretty big role but to say its bad before it even airs is very unfair.

I havent paid much attention to kekkai sensens directing. it was a show i watch casually.

RainyRai said:

music 5%? Music was like 10 times that amount for me. It really added to the experience and the cast were interesting.
Nov 29, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2015
WhiteFlamee said:
Fai said:

i know director plays a pretty big role but to say its bad before it even airs is very unfair.

I havent paid much attention to kekkai sensens directing. it was a show i watch casually.

RainyRai said:

music 5%? Music was like 10 times that amount for me. It really added to the experience and the cast were interesting.

The music was certainly good but Matsumoto's directing style would spurt like a fountain if you cut this show. With her gone, the show is not going to be the same as it was before in any way.
Nov 29, 2016 2:06 PM
Aug 2013
I am a big fan of matsumoto rie since kyousougiga.
And I also love kekkai sensen.
But seeing all the discussion here makes me feel contradicted,
I'll see for myself how season 2 goes.
really hope matsumoto rie can direct more works...........
Nov 29, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
I have... very mixed feelings about this. Rie Matsumoto really brought this show to life and her artistic flair is one of the reasons why I came to love Kekkai Sensen. It's still my favorite anime so I'm really excited but I'm really worried about the staff change.

so YAY BONES but WHY U DO DIS BONES!
Nov 29, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
>The director of the second season will be Shigehito Takayanagi (Dagashi Kashi) while Yasuko Kamo (Tokyo ESP) will be in charge of the script.

Rie Matusmoto was one of the main reason why the series was so great and successful in the first place.
Nov 29, 2016 2:37 PM

Oct 2016
They better not do anything to the soundtrack
Nov 29, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Valkner said:
They better not do anything to the soundtrack

From what I know apparently, the composer will stay the same, so only the director and script writer changed. That's all.
Nov 29, 2016 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
First season was ok but I'm still not too excited about this.
Nov 29, 2016 3:45 PM

Mar 2015
WhiteFlamee said:

*cough cough* E7 * cough cough...

i like the original source in the first place, so i don't really affected that much with change... just don't butcher it or good by it's own like previous season while keeping visual audio quality is enough for me... but i am a pesimisic person thou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 29, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2016
Well I hope the soundtrack and animation are great like the first season
MaxsundewNov 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Nov 29, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
SymphoniacTippy said:
tr1ckst3r said:
I think this is just a.matter of some cocky production comittee thinking that "It's a success not because the director" and just decide to change it for whatever reason they have.

It would be hillaruous if this become a flop exactly because the director change, that would teach them a pretty good life lesson.

Well... except for few examples in the anime industry I mean, some series did that and ya know what? it can go on.

If you mean staff members, I dunno... most of them would either continue to do the same thing or just proves that they aren't a mistake or something.

Hey at least it's not Katsuhiko Takayama at least (aka Mr. Trainwreck of all Trainwrecks and I dislike him at most, except for Ef: Tales of Memories and Ange Vierge, which Vierge was average but it was probably better off that way)
I knew it. And part of what makes it really funny is the fact that it's rarely happen.
Nov 29, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
RainyRai said:

Rie is also Kekkai Sensei sound director.
Means she also responsible in choosing and decide what kind of music to use in the series and she did perfect by choosing jazz.
So with Rie gone from this, Kekkai Sensen practically lose most of things that makes me fall in live with it in the first place.
Nov 29, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
tr1ckst3r said:
RainyRai said:

Means she also responsible in choosing and decide what kind of music to use in the series and she did perfect by choosing jazz.
So with Rie gone from this, Kekkai Sensen practically lose most of things that makes me fall in live with it in the first place.

So essentially that means we would have random music? Or something along those lines? Because not gonna lie that would be pretty weird in a sense and since Kekkai Sensen had this New York-esque setting, and it was also fitting, with probably changing that, it will probably sour a lot.
Nov 29, 2016 4:50 PM

Dec 2014
Likely none of the style the first season provided due to the change in director, but I still hope this is good. (I haven't heard any fans of the anime say the manga isn't very good so at least there's that)

Then again, the only thing I've seen from this new guy is Dagashi Kashi, and from what I remember from that, I don't think he'd be a very good choice to direct a show as crazy as Kekkai Sensen. (DK was very very slowly-paced; Dude never really did much stylistic choices either from what I recall) He's directed one action show before, but the best I hear from it (Tokyo ESP) is that its mediocre at best. Not a good sign, but I hope the dude fairs better this time around.
Nov 29, 2016 5:35 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Hopefully rhe new director can do justice to the series. I loved the 1st season so much and regardless of how this one turns out, I'm still pretty hyped for it.

Never forget Nej and burgers </3
Nov 29, 2016 5:36 PM

May 2012
Robiiii said:
thepath said:
Bad news. THe 1st season was so overrated and boring

This is just hilarious
How exactly is a bit over 7.70 "overrated"?
Its not a high score nor its a low one, but DEFINITELY not overrated.
Stop using buzzwords for no reason

Even 6 it too high for this garbage

Maxsundew said:

I rather have Berserk qaulity, but with good story, fights, chracters than good animation with with confusing boring story, and shitty characters
Nov 29, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe the 2nd season will actually make sense this time, but I still enjoyed the fuck out of the last season though so I hope this isn't a trainwreck
Sup...
Nov 29, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
I can't believe they replaced Matsumoto. Now i just hope it will still be as energetic as the first season.

Lowkey hoping they keep the ED coz that was legendary.
Nov 29, 2016 6:44 PM
Sep 2015
Kuma said:
WhiteFlamee said:

*cough cough* E7 * cough cough...

i like the original source in the first place, so i don't really affected that much with change... just don't butcher it or good by it's own like previous season while keeping visual audio quality is enough for me... but i am a pesimisic person thou...

Wasn't E7 AO's flop cuz it went some random direction? I think the director stayed the same.

Kekkai Sensen was more popular than E7. although E7 was a 10k+ seller

tr1ckst3r said:
RainyRai said:

okay maybe I should worry if u are right. The music was one of the best parts but I hope he tries to imitate Rie's direction or some of the other staff gives him advice. I dont think this dude will go as far as putting dubstep or some stupid shit.

It'll still be jazz themed I think. I mean if he makes it like electro or dubstep then wont the other staff members complain that he's going completely off course or do they have to listen to him?

O well lets see how much this changes when it comes out. We should expect a PV soon right?
Nov 29, 2016 6:50 PM
Oct 2016
The first season was very poorly adapted. Maybe that's why they changed the director.
Nov 29, 2016 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
thepath said:
Robiiii said:

This is just hilarious
How exactly is a bit over 7.70 "overrated"?
Its not a high score nor its a low one, but DEFINITELY not overrated.
Stop using buzzwords for no reason

Even 6 it too high for this garbage

Maxsundew said:

I rather have Berserk qaulity, but with good story, fights, chracters than good animation with with confusing boring story, and shitty characters

If you are mentioning Berserk 2016, please dont :T that anime is abysmal in every way possible, even in an adaptation stance.
Nov 29, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2015
not really happy with the change of director I admit...But I'm still super happy this got a second season ! I really love those characters and their dynamic together !
Nov 29, 2016 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
Well I'll go crawl back into my corner since I'm the only one who enjoyed Dagashi Kashi.

Everybody seems to be dreading it already, and while at first glance I'm inclined to agree, it could turn out to be a positive in the end. The first season was so much anime original, and Dagashi Kashi was also super anime original...perhaps that anime originality will also carry over into Kekkai Sensen season 2 and kind of continue the story in the same way but with more direct manga elements.

Hell, I just want White back and I'll be satisfied. In case nobody notice lol <--------------------------------
Nov 29, 2016 10:54 PM

Mar 2016
Omg, never expected a 2nd Season, loved that anime!
Nov 30, 2016 12:25 AM
Jun 2011
Fai said:
Meh_Meh_2 said:
Holy shit! Why are people making a big fuss over the new director and screenwriter? Director Shigehito Takayanagi not only worked on Dagashi Kashi, but the Trigun anime adaptation as well.(by same mangaka) if you guys bothered to clicked on his name. This might actually end up being a reboot, which would be sooo much better than a season 2. XD

Dagashi Kashi was awful directing-wise. It was okay for "short comedy skits" nonsense but the show was still stale as hell.
He also worked on The World God Only Knows which also looked like an ass.
And Tokyo ESP which, guessed it, looked like complete ass.

He worked on few Trigun episodes, but that is literally themost positive thing he has on his resume. THe rest is absolute ass. Its hard to think of another director this bad that quick. Itagaki? Tsutomu Misuzhima(when he tries to be serious)? MIura? I am really drawing blank at worse possibilities beyond that.

The new writer is also no better. The only way this could be worse is if this was written by Mari Okada.

Matsumoto Rie on other hand was complete goddess of directing. Her work is huge reason why Kekkai Sensen was such a masterpiece as it had truly creative cinematography, interesting and unique transition sequences and great choreography. And it all gelled just well with perfect soundtrack.
i disagree with you about the world god only knows. it was enjoyable show and not ass
Nov 30, 2016 12:49 AM

Feb 2015
The first series was a confusing mess tbh, wont be watching season 2.
Nov 30, 2016 2:08 AM

Apr 2014
Heh? A lot of people complaining because they didn't comprehend what happened in season?
Don't blame the adaptation/manga, blame yourselves for not being able to understand it.

Edit:

I found some "walk through" for those who didn't understand the first season.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KekkaiSensen/comments/3m0pxm/frequently_asked_questions/
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 30, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2007
elior1 said:
Fai said:

Dagashi Kashi was awful directing-wise. It was okay for "short comedy skits" nonsense but the show was still stale as hell.

He worked on few Trigun episodes, but that is literally themost positive thing he has on his resume. THe rest is absolute ass. Its hard to think of another director this bad that quick. Itagaki? Tsutomu Misuzhima(when he tries to be serious)? MIura? I am really drawing blank at worse possibilities beyond that.

The new writer is also no better. The only way this could be worse is if this was written by Mari Okada.

Matsumoto Rie on other hand was complete goddess of directing. Her work is huge reason why Kekkai Sensen was such a masterpiece as it had truly creative cinematography, interesting and unique transition sequences and great choreography. And it all gelled just well with perfect soundtrack.
i disagree with you about the world god only knows. it was enjoyable show and not ass

Being an enjoyable show does not change the fact how it looked. TWGOK was between "decent" and "meh" IN SPITE of poor production values and bad directing.
Nov 30, 2016 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
elior1 said:
Fai said:

First season had some pacing problems and most of the strength came from the source tbh.
Nov 30, 2016 3:47 AM

Oct 2011
Great news. Looking forward to this!

Nov 30, 2016 4:27 AM

Mar 2012
My first reaction was YAAS! but now that I've read about the director change I'm disappointed. Might be still worth for the quirky character cast though, they made the first season for me.

Btw is there any information if Bones is doing this again? If no, I hope it won't be a low-budget studio. If yes, I'll be happy about Bones doing sequels these days! They used to forget about their stuff back then....
Nov 30, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2014
I hope they explore the characters more in this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2016 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
Jonesy974 said:
Well I'll go crawl back into my corner since I'm the only one who enjoyed Dagashi Kashi.

Everybody seems to be dreading it already, and while at first glance I'm inclined to agree, it could turn out to be a positive in the end. The first season was so much anime original, and Dagashi Kashi was also super anime original...perhaps that anime originality will also carry over into Kekkai Sensen season 2 and kind of continue the story in the same way but with more direct manga elements.

Hell, I just want White back and I'll be satisfied. In case nobody notice lol <--------------------------------

Actually you're not alone in this Lol. I enjoyed Dagashi Kashi as well, I just don't know how it will work for the sequel honestly. Who knows of course.
Nov 30, 2016 6:56 AM

May 2014
Banzaiiii
I watched the first season last week so this is good.

Bones, now get working on that Noragami S3 and Mob S2

Nov 30, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2013
WhiteFlamee said:
Fai said:

Ohhh he will watch it definitely. Trust me lol ;)
Nov 30, 2016 7:23 AM
Nov 30, 2016 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
Its actually happening!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
47 minutes ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
5 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.