Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2016 3:25 AM
Nov 2016
i had watched some episodes of naruto and one piece and i like them. i am new to anime world and stuff. i want to watch more animes but i don't know where to start. any recommendation.
Nov 21, 2016 3:30 AM
Apr 2016
Alien 9
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
The tatamy Galaxy
Kara no Kyoukai
Ping Pong The Animation
Mawaru Penguindrum
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Fate/Zero
Mars of Destruction

Those are all easy to follow and good examples of great anime series to watch for begginers.
Nov 21, 2016 3:30 AM

Jul 2015
Hi!

It really depends on your choice of generes, but many Anime fans started off with shows and mangas such as Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Naruto, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Death Note, and Bleach.

I personally recommend a Shonen anime. Most of them have excellent plots/story lines, characters, music, and it can really grow on you.
守るべきもののために、負けられない! 僕 は 負けない...
Nov 21, 2016 3:35 AM

Feb 2016
maybe you also like:
sword art onilne
death note
hunter x hunter
fate/stay night
noragami
ao no exorcist
fairy tail
nanatsu no taizai
fullmetal alchemist

probably good animes for beginners
Nov 21, 2016 3:47 AM
Sep 2015
Start with :
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
- Hunter x Hunter (2011)
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Nov 21, 2016 3:48 AM

Jun 2016
Kuroko No basket
Another
K-project
Kiznaiver
HunterxHunter
Mirai Nikki
Monster
No game No Life
Btooom!
Blood Lad
Death Note
Death Parade

Nov 21, 2016 3:52 AM

Aug 2015
I think New anime watches should start watching from the most popular titles and from their work their way into the deeper series...

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity&limit

But yeah.. Skip Attack on Titan and Death Note..
Nov 21, 2016 5:16 AM
Feb 2016
How to watch anime (for beginners):

1) Go to myanimelist.net
2) Look at the top anime series
3) Realise all anime are shit
4) Watch BoJack Horseman instead
Nov 21, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
In case you can't detect sarcasm and jokes, here is an actually somewhat serious list of recommended titles.

Serious recommendations:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fate/Zero and Fate/Zero 2nd season
Bokurano
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Ghost in the Shell (1995 and Stand Alone Complex)
Shiki
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Akira (Movie)
RE:Zero (Not a necessity by any means, but it is highly recommended if you are going to be someone who tries to stay ontop of whatever is airing at the moment)
Death Note
HunterxHunter 2011
Mirai Nikki
Steins:Gate

Hopefully this list is sufficient enough to start you on the way of a great anime-watching career!
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Nov 21, 2016 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
Cowboy Bebop - Arguably the most universally beloved anime shows ever made.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Like Bebop, a classic and definitely deserves to be watched by every anime fan

Death Note - A mainstream success for anime and the most popular anime on this site currently

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - One of the best shounen ever made, just watch it

Any of the Studio Ghibli Movies - Basically the Disney of Japan with well known movies such as Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

These should keep you busy for a while
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2016 5:41 AM
May 2016
+short series

One punch man
attack on titan
steins gate
death note
gurren legann

+long series

Gintama
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
Nov 21, 2016 5:46 AM

Apr 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
Darker Than Black S1> Darker Than Black Gaiden > Darker than Black S2
Ergo Proxy
Nov 21, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2015
kamisama751 said:
Provided by the anime uber elitist club:

Have fun.

saw zeta and i will not recommendation for someone not into military human evolution lots of death or into universal century from gundam

pick gintama if you want a something with a bit of everything and parody
Into the Internet!
Nov 21, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
I didnt notice the first comment, sorry

if u want comedy
-Sket Dance
-Gintama
-Barakamon
-Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
-Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru

rom com
-Gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun
-Ore Monogatari
-Hataraku Maou-sama

action
-One punch man
-Mondaiji tachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo

catastrophe01Nov 21, 2016 6:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2016 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Escaflowne
Scrapped Princess
Nov 21, 2016 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, CLANNAD, Code Geass, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Watch any of those and you'll instantly fall in love with anime.
Nov 21, 2016 6:38 AM
Nov 22, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2010
Any mainstream anime would be good I think. As long as you think they could be somewhat interesting.
Death note, shingeki no kyojin, ... on another genre: shigatsu wa kimi no uso, steins gate (beginning is meh, but it's worth the time) and many more !
Nov 22, 2016 6:14 AM

Nov 2009
kamal_idrissi said:
i had watched some episodes of naruto and one piece and i like them. i am new to anime world and stuff. i want to watch more animes but i don't know where to start. any recommendation.

If you want a good recommendation - tell us, what kinds/genres of entertainment do you usually watch and like? We have anime for most of these.
Or you can go with their general-purpose lists, but there would be a lot of boring stuff there.
Nov 22, 2016 6:47 AM
Sadist

Jun 2016
I agree with the working your way down the top list suggestion..

Also I feel like starting with a series like Steins;gate is a terrible idea.. and starting with something like galactic heroes, ghost in shell, Neon Genesis etc is and even WORSE idea.

Logic: Retro anime (lets say pre 2000) doesn't display all the industry has to offer today. Yes, they're classics, yes they're amazing. I just feel a more contemporary show that's a little easier to swallow is what you need to get hooked, then you work your way back to the roots.

Logic 2: Contemporary anime like Steins;Gate, while one of the best anime of the decade, if not THE best, Is something id work up to for pacing reasons. Personally I LOVED the beginning of steins;gate but I can see why some people would be turned off by it. If the first serious anime you're gonna watch is steins;gate and you so happen to be one of those people who found the pacing slow and the introduction boring, theres always that chance you'd just say 'this is a waste of time' and give up on the whole venture.

The start at the top of top idea works great because it starts you with FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which maintains a very broad appeal... theres sort of something for everyone in FMA:B.

Then you get into Gintama, which if you can make it through all god-knows-how many episodes of that, is a nice primer to move down into steins;gate.
ValeofruinNov 22, 2016 6:51 AM
Nov 22, 2016 10:41 AM

Aug 2014

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 6 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 7 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.