Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2016 3:00 PM
Aug 2016
I mean I started crying after Yuuri started crying, then it all escalated in his presentation THE AMOUNT OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, at this point I truly fell in love with Yuuri both because I relate to him so much and because I grew to admire him. The kiss was set at a phenomenal moment, incredibly happy and surprised that they put it in the fucking middle of the season, Sayo Yamamoto got it done HER WAY and I couldn't be happier.

To any idiot that legit believes it wasn't a kiss, I mean it sucks that you don't get just how stupid that scene would be if it wasn't a kiss, where would the climax of the episode be? The only way the moment Victor and Yuuri shared makes sense is with a kiss.

This anime WILL make history, I am positive of it because it went were no other anime has dared to go (proper seasonal anime that isn't yaoi nor shonen ai and still has an open homosexual relationship in which romance is the main topic) and it's also the most watched show of the season, there's so much more to come now that everyone is aware that well-written shows with queer characters SELL, queer baiting will still be a thing no doubt but now we might get shows that actually give a fuck and go all the way without being just "another silly yaoi"
Nov 16, 2016 3:03 PM

May 2009
When am I gonna get a relationship this perfect ;__;
Nov 16, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
Haven't watched the ep. but the internet went crazy about the ''kiss'' was that a real kiss or just bait.If it's bait then meh...
Nov 16, 2016 3:06 PM
Mar 2013
longestyeahboy10hours.jpg

I'm so glad they kissed <3
When's the wedding?
Nov 16, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
AkiraScrolls said:
I mean I started crying after Yuuri started crying, then it all escalated in his presentation

Yes.. A crying Yuuri was incredibly emotional for me too. he's always been my favorite for being so relatable.
But also, i really loved that despite his crying he outwardly spoke his mind despite literally crying crocodile tears. It was like " Victor how on earth would you think pitting an ultimatum against me was motivating?!"

Ugh, the scene still hurts me TT_TT.
Nov 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
So, I had to rewatch this episode right away instead of waiting a few days. And now I've finally calmed down a bit. ;-P

Was a really nice episode.
I feel like the animation quality slightly increased again though not so much. But the kiss scene was really well done.
The episode was pretty emotional with Yuri being nervous and Victor not knowing how to put him at ease. Also Yuri crying and telling Victor to just stay by his side and believe more in his winning than he himself does. It's kind of awkward seeing serious scenes like these in Yuri on Ice but I'd definitely not mind seeing more serious stuff.

So the Russian Yuri is jealous? I couldn't quite find out what his problem is right now. Is it because he just wants Victor to appreciate him or because of their kiss? Maybe something else?

Looking forward to next week!
Nov 16, 2016 3:12 PM
Aug 2016
Oh man! I'm so excited and happy right now! I need some time to compose myself.

When Viktor made Yuri cry it broke my heart. Like what are you doing?! But the way Yuri expressed what he needed then was beautiful.
(Others already said perfectly how great this scene was).

And yeah, that ending. I can't even right now xD I ship Victuri so hard <3
(Also, look at Yuri's mother happy face when she sees them kiss.)

Gotta rewatch the episode though as I so was anxious watching it I didn't pay enough attention to all the performances. It was hinted very hard that a kiss might happen this episode so I was waiting for it the entire time wondering if they actually would.
AkiKitazawaNov 16, 2016 4:17 PM
Nov 16, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2010
2016 redemption arc.
I feel so cleansed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
This episode just saved my whole year
Nov 16, 2016 3:17 PM
Aug 2011
They are adorable.

I love their conversations and body language, especially that scene with Victor's ultimatum. That was 100% real talk.
Nov 16, 2016 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
honestly, i applauded. my expectations have been exceeded and overturned. also phichit deserved that win but wow this episode felt like a complete victor-y (lmao)
Nov 16, 2016 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
WHAAAAAAAAT was that a kiss? It was a kiss, RIGHT? Omg I'm fangirling so hard right now.
Nov 16, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
That kiss was unexpected. Well done, Victor... Well done!

Zachirina said:
WHEN YOU THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T GET ANY GAYER

Every week is a surprise. lol
Nov 16, 2016 3:27 PM
Aug 2015
MY LONGEST YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIII

THEY KISSED IM

great episode and i don't get how people are denying the kiss
Nov 16, 2016 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
ANIME IS SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2016
OMG!
I did not expect it!
Nov 16, 2016 3:34 PM
Jan 2011
No point speaking how I feel because my voice ruined by all the screaming I did.
Nov 16, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2013
eien_kiseki said:
No point speaking how I feel because my voice ruined by all the screaming I did.

Exactly my thoughts.
Nov 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2015
actual gay? good, good
Nov 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
Loogs said:
childofnike said:
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)

I'm a doubter, but I'm also gay and sorely needing more representation. The reason I'm skeptical is mostly because this is an anime, and those aren't exactly known for good LGBT characters, especially gay men. Sports anime, however, is definitely known for copious amounts of fujobait. That's what I went into this show expecting, and now I have no idea what it is. Is it what I expected, albeit taken to a level way above anything else I've seen, or is it what I wanted and I'm too clouded by cynicism to see it? This is something I need concrete confirmation of because it could still go either way.

dude, they literally kissed.
Nov 16, 2016 3:47 PM
Aug 2016
Also that preview:

Nov 16, 2016 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
I really, REALLY screamed "EEEEEHHHH???" and blushed like crazy! I don´t know if it was a kiss or just a super tight hug, but it was adorable anyways. Also, I´m glad Yuuri let his feelings out before his performance.

Young Victor so cute, too~~ Chris was too excited again lol And poor Popovich, definitely dumped... Yurio, don´t spoil your food :v
HitsujiOuNov 16, 2016 4:00 PM
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Nov 16, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
BTW it looks like 4 people didn't like the kiss at all. AYY LMAO.
Nov 16, 2016 4:02 PM
Nov 2016
It's pretty obvious (to me at least, because of how I'm thinking) that Yuri and Victor DID kiss. For one, Victor says that he did what he did so he could SURPRISE Yuri. And, unless I am just being dumb, a HUG wouldn't surprise him. Victor has hugged him before, and Yuri has hugged (or wanted to hug) Victor before. So, in my eyes, in order to surprise him, Victor would have to do something bigger than just a hug.
Nov 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2014
OMFG that was so wow <3 my heart can't take it anymore
Nov 16, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2009
This episode gave me life. I can't wait for the rest of the series!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't think there would be an episode so soon that would top the previous ones. Each episode there has been at least one scene that made my heart stop, episode 7 was by far the worst for my fragile heart.

I was spoiled for the bed scene and I thought that would be the highlight of the episode, but no, this happened only at the beginning.
I really enjoyed Ji Guang-Hong's performance and his performance's story was entertaining as well. Too bad Chris's beautifully animated butt didn't make an appearance this time.

I feel like I'm the only one (or at least one of the few) who isn't really interested in Phichit. We haven't seen that much of him yet, but for now I will blame the awful CG animation for most performances. Eh...

Yuuri crying makes me cry too. And Yuuri telling Viktor his fears is so heartbreaking and amazing at the same time. "Just have more faith that I'll win than I do!"

And then his performance! I really enjoyed how he commented his jumps and his thoughts during the performance. It was beautifully animated and very emotional, had me more hooked to the screen than the time he competed against Yurio. And everyone's reactions when he did the quadruple flip, especially Viktor's!!

Oh, and the kiss.

That ffing kiss.

"This was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you've surprised me." I really hope Viktor's only intention wasn't just to surprise him. Because we've all been waiting for this moment, didn't really expect it so soon, tbh. I had trouble breathing for a good ten minutes after first seeing it (and then a few times more which I probably shouldn't have done). But the way they're looking at each other so lovingy gives me some hope? Let's hope!

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL episode!

Can't wait for Yurio to have more screen time!
Nov 16, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2014
lmao at all the people in denial. they fucking kissed. and it was adorable. i need more of this.

sugarkillsall said:
It's pretty obvious (to me at least, because of how I'm thinking) that Yuri and Victor DID kiss. For one, Victor says that he did what he did so he could SURPRISE Yuri. And, unless I am just being dumb, a HUG wouldn't surprise him. Victor has hugged him before, and Yuri has hugged (or wanted to hug) Victor before. So, in my eyes, in order to surprise him, Victor would have to do something bigger than just a hug.

exactly. also, why would the audience go "woooow omggg" at a hug? it's common sense.
Nov 16, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
Loogs said:
childofnike said:
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)

I'm a doubter, but I'm also gay and sorely needing more representation. The reason I'm skeptical is mostly because this is an anime, and those aren't exactly known for good LGBT characters, especially gay men. Sports anime, however, is definitely known for copious amounts of fujobait. That's what I went into this show expecting, and now I have no idea what it is. Is it what I expected, albeit taken to a level way above anything else I've seen, or is it what I wanted and I'm too clouded by cynicism to see it? This is something I need concrete confirmation of because it could still go either way.

I mean I get what you are trying to say, but unless Yamamoto Sayo is some sort of Hideyuki Kurata on steroid and it's planning a one long season trolling, I think it's clear that with this anime she gives no fuck about anything and she's making it as gay as she can.

(Also Mr. Japan wrote stuff like Shimanami Tasogare and Fata Morgana, and N.6 aired some years ago, they are not Saudia Arabia lol)

Beside, you know what they say, if it quacks like a duck...

Nov 16, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
This was such a beautiful episode. I felt awful seeing Yuri all worried like that but he cried it out like a champ and put on a good performance which was touching to see. I like that he's slowly improving both his programs as the competition goes on rather than nailing them both right off the bat but it makes me antsy to see him nail all the jumps in his free program. Hopefully in the Russian cup, although there's still the Grand Prix final.

Victor and Yuri are really great together, they have good chemistry and seem to be in such a healthy sort of relationship. At this point I'm not really doubting that they're in love (whether they clearly state it or not it's inferred far too heavily to be dismissed as queerbait now) and I love seeing them support and console each other, it's absolutely wonderful. This is a fantastic feel good kind of show which I certainly need during this rough semester lol.
RellexiaNov 16, 2016 4:51 PM
Nov 16, 2016 4:29 PM
Jun 2016
Okay, I understand that some of you are really passionate about what just happened in episode 7. I am too. However, I don't like that people are getting so worked up and rude towards those who don't believe that Yuri and Victor kissed!

There is reason to believe they did, and reason to believe they didn't. However we won't know for sure until the next episode. So, in the meantime, people just need to calm the f*ck down and stop demeaning people for being "wrong". It was a beautiful episode :) Lets leave it at that ~
Nov 16, 2016 4:31 PM

Sep 2015
Ah gosh I loved Phichit's performance! He totally deserved that win but Yuri ;w;

;w;

;w;

everything about that was so beautiful i forgot how to breathe
Nov 16, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2016
I really loved this episode. Cried so many times especially when they kissed at the end. I was like YESSS FINALLY haha. I just love Vikturi so muCH ok I'm trying to stay calm here but djdjjsksks

Nov 16, 2016 4:35 PM

Jun 2016
OMG. The kiss. I screamed so much I am surprised no one call the cops. I love this series. Wednesdays have become my favorite day of the week.
Nov 16, 2016 4:37 PM
Dec 2015
I still have my doubts if that was a legit kiss or not
Nov 16, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't sure if they kissed or nah but I'm gonna go with yes. God....
Nov 16, 2016 4:40 PM

Dec 2008
THAT KISS!!! Thanks be to the anime gods!!!
Nov 16, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2009
I think it's up to the viewer to decide whether or not they kissed . IMO, THEY DID XD
The tension Yuuri and Viktor this episode was so worth it since it led to a good conclusion ;) ( Viktor making Yuuri cry was both mean and funny XD)
Phichit congrats on first place, that was a great performance :) ( but I'll always cheer for Yuuri's success!)
Also, did mr. heartbroken's outfit remind anyone of Frozen?
Ooh, Yuuri vs. Yurio next week!
Nov 16, 2016 4:48 PM

May 2009
-Luhui said:

I choked on the air when I saw that scene. Help I can't breathe 6((((≧▽≦))))9

I thought they were going to kiss again, but UGH SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nov 16, 2016 4:48 PM

Nov 2016
they kissed for sure just a running hug wouldnt surprise people they all know how victor is
Nov 16, 2016 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
SHIPPING INTENSIFIES!! >w<

--- Though I really wish they were more careful on the ice. He could have broken his spine or smashed in his head! Do professional skaters take classes on how to fall in order to avoid serious injury? Even if someone tackles you?
Please be careful guys, I couldn't stand it if suddenly Yuuri got seriously injured and his career was over >.<
JustRealPeachyNov 16, 2016 4:59 PM
Nov 16, 2016 5:04 PM
Oct 2016
THEY FUCKIN KISSED BOII!!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 5:05 PM
Jul 2016
kawaii-despair said:
YaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Someone call an ambulance because i CAN'T STOP FUCKING SCREAMING

And I can't stop F*ING SCREAMING TOO! I wonder if you typed you post with trembled hand, because I DO!

。゚( ゚^∀^゚)゚。
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Nov 16, 2016 5:06 PM
Jul 2016
Lulexiaa said:
DREAMSSSS DO COME TRUEEEEEEEEEEE

SOMEONE HOLD MEEEEEEEEE

Please persist for a while longer. You might explode on the next episode...
:')
Nov 16, 2016 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
I can't believe a sports anime actually went there
That's so satisfying
Now, I wonder if this will change their dynamics or if it will just be a one time thing.
We can only wait for the next ep to tell us.
Also that look they gave each other at the end was EVERYTHING
Baby, daijobanai...
Nov 16, 2016 5:10 PM
Jul 2016
Cyandris said:
WOWOWOWOW oh my god my poor heart stopped for a moment there!!! <3 GOD, I'M SO HAPPY NOW. The ship isn't sailing, it's flying! (At least in my mind!)

Loogs said:

I gotta agree there. I'm all in on this but I can't help but remain skeptical.

If they kiss again in the anime I guess we can call Victuri canon. But I'm definitely on your side with this one, it was probably the only thing Victor could have done that would surprise Yuri.

Alright, I'm off reading Victuri fanfiction <3

Hope that all Victuuri's followers still have clear voice and a pinch of life to scream for the next episode...

*Hail Victuuri
Nov 16, 2016 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
But srsly now I'm staying out of all social media on wednesdays because as soon as the raws are out people flood the internet with YoI pics and kind of ruin the surprise for me. IT'S STILL AWESOME OBVS, buuuuuuut
Nov 16, 2016 5:12 PM
Dec 2015
Ahh~ This episode made up for all of the things I didn't like about last episode *cough* Chris *cough* I hope that the kiss at the end doesn't end up just being a one-time thing, where it's treated as if it never happened.. But it seems hopeful that they will become completely canon.
wawawawawawawawaNov 16, 2016 5:15 PM
Nov 16, 2016 5:15 PM
Oct 2016
I find it funny how so many people think it is a real kiss. Re-watch the scene and look at the head angles and the rest of the body placement. If any lips met anything it was the side of the face at most and not a real kiss.
Nov 16, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2016
Oh my god! Oh my god! Did that just happen? Like seriously? Did they just kiss?? My god! I just can't...these damn feels... It's like my heart is going to burst from all the excitement!! I had to come here let it all out! >.<
I just can't believe! Like what? Are they serious?

Ok I think I've calmed down so here's my analysis:
Did they really kiss? Wasn't just the director trolling our poor hearts?
If they did kiss what does that mean??? How does that affect their relationship? Is it really canon? Was it just bait? Does Victor really love Yuri?
I mean Victor is very touchy so maybe a kiss has no sentimental value to him and the kiss didn't mean anything...

After they supposedly kiss (not saying they didn't I'm just not sure, please don't throw rocks at me just yet) he says to Yuri that the kiss was the only way to give Yuri a big surprise or something like that so...what did that kiss (if it even was a kiss) mean to Victor? And what about Yuri? After that...occurrence Yuri is blushing and smiles at Victor and he's just lying there under Victor (smirks) just listening to Victor's excuse for the kiss just chilling you know? Damn if it was me I would have fainted and had a heart attack and all I could say would be total gibberish like: I CANT BREATHEN! I CANT VIELB! or like: God is real! Spank me daddy!

Jokes aside I feel like the director/creator/whatever doesn't want to showcase a serious mature relationship, just one that is not defined. Even after they kissed no one really made a fuss about that. I mean it's not like gay people kissing would be shocking (at least where I live) but I believe it would be surprising to see Victor in love/kissing (whatever that was) Yuri since Vic is a famous living legend the paparazzi should be all over them asking about their relationship.

We see that the paparazzi in YOI do care about gossip because someone was talking about the break up between that creepy looking russian ice skater and between Anya (I think that's the name?). So it would only be logical to me to see at least the reporters curious about the nature of their relationship.
Of course we see the audience go wah! and we see Yuri's family and friends blushing but to me it's not enough to prove anything.

I feel so insecure about this. I really don't want to start believing it's canon and at the end see them go separated ways. That would be terrible for my fragile heart.

We have to remember that these characters aren't real (and now you're thinking ''Of course they aren't! What do you think we are? Morons?'').
What I mean is that the creator/director/whatever can do as they damn well please with the show and if we don't like it's just our problem. They don't care about our ships. They just want to sell and for that they will do whatever means necessary including fooling naive and poor fujoshi and fudanshi like us. It's sad but it's true.

I'm really hoping they turn out canon. It would be a very mature view on sports anime. After all we're talking about 2 adult characters that could form a romantic relationship that we are not used to in a sports anime. It would be very interesting and refreshing to see a relationship displayed like that.

Since I wrote so much about Yuri and Vic relationship development (?) I'm not gonna write about the animation and all that. Everyone here seems to have spoken very well about it.

For now I'm going to wait for the next episode. I wish Vic and Yuri's relationship was questioned by someone like Yuri's family or friends to prove that it is canon and to calm these feels.

Also I'm just leaving this pic here concerning episode 8:

Yuri becomes seme? That's something I would love to see o.o

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
If the past makes you wanna die out of regret and future makes you depressed out of anxiety then by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Apr 24, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.