Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
911, what’s your emergency?

MY OTP IS FREAKING CANON. I HAVE FALLEN AND I CAN’T GET THE FRICK FRACK BACK UP!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2015
VanishingKira said:

they kissed,they kissed,they kissed 30 character blah blah

IM SHOOK ;A;
SCREAM S
Nov 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2016
dis classic pre-kiss lips sakuga
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2011
Just when I thought they wouldn't do better than last week episode.They did it, amazing episode once again and did Victor kissed Yuri?
I'm not sure but it seems like they kissed but anyway Phichit won the gold medal as Yuri got the silver one.
The animation for Yuri free skate was beautiful and interesting music choice for everyone.
Nov 16, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
OMG! I thought that Yuri was going to kiss him when he made Yuri cry but he waited until the end...
Oh god, that was unexpected, it kept me 1 whole minute astonished. THEY KISSED AND THEY FELL TO THE FLOOR... Yeah.
AOTS.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Nov 16, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2016
Social media is blowing up with exclamations of "This ship is canon!" but is it really??? Yes, Victor kissed Yuri at the end, but I mean really... A naked and drunk Victor hung on Yuri like a jealous lover in the last episode, and that didn't seal the deal. I desperately want this ship to be canon, because Victuri sets my fujoshi heart on fire, but Victor is so touchy/feely all the time already. It literally was probably the only thing Victor could have done that would surprise Yuri.

I loved the episode, and Yuri messed up just as much as I thought he would, but I dunno... I'm just not as sold on it being canon as everybody else is, I guess. (don't get me wrong, I still want it, though. I WANT IT SO BAD)
"Once my stomach settles down...You better be prepared, 'cause we'll really give you something to cry about in the mat..."
Nov 16, 2016 1:32 PM
Sep 2016
I really liked the atmospere and animation of this episode. Especially when Yuuri started his performance! I really hope they kissed tho. Otherwise my heart will break T.T
Nov 16, 2016 1:33 PM
May 2016
No, stop doubting it people. It's on!!! They did it and if the dynamic of this show keeps going like this I'm expecting more. There's no way around it. I'm mostly happy about the fact that this is the first sports anime to surprise the audience like that after so many hints and I'm pretty sure this sets it for other upcoming yaoi anime. Actually having a good plot, beautiful imagery and character development is what makes me love Yuri on ice. I'm also sure they'll keep it clean and pure which is perfect . This show can only keep getting better.
Nov 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
NobodysNothings said:
Social media is blowing up with exclamations of "This ship is canon!" but is it really??? Yes, Victor kissed Yuri at the end, but I mean really... A naked and drunk Victor hung on Yuri like a jealous lover in the last episode, and that didn't seal the deal. I desperately want this ship to be canon, because Victuri sets my fujoshi heart on fire, but Victor is so touchy/feely all the time already. It literally was probably the only thing Victor could have done that would surprise Yuri.

I loved the episode, and Yuri messed up just as much as I thought he would, but I dunno... I'm just not as sold on it being canon as everybody else is, I guess. (don't get me wrong, I still want it, though. I WANT IT SO BAD)

I gotta agree there. I'm all in on this but I can't help but remain skeptical.
Nov 16, 2016 1:42 PM
Jan 2016
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)
Nov 16, 2016 1:51 PM
Jan 2016
excuse me *clears throat* ... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2008
childofnike said:
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)

I'm a doubter, but I'm also gay and sorely needing more representation. The reason I'm skeptical is mostly because this is an anime, and those aren't exactly known for good LGBT characters, especially gay men. Sports anime, however, is definitely known for copious amounts of fujobait. That's what I went into this show expecting, and now I have no idea what it is. Is it what I expected, albeit taken to a level way above anything else I've seen, or is it what I wanted and I'm too clouded by cynicism to see it? This is something I need concrete confirmation of because it could still go either way.
Nov 16, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
WOWOWOWOW oh my god my poor heart stopped for a moment there!!! <3 GOD, I'M SO HAPPY NOW. The ship isn't sailing, it's flying! (At least in my mind!)

Loogs said:
NobodysNothings said:

I gotta agree there. I'm all in on this but I can't help but remain skeptical.

If they kiss again in the anime I guess we can call Victuri canon. But I'm definitely on your side with this one, it was probably the only thing Victor could have done that would surprise Yuri.

Alright, I'm off reading Victuri fanfiction <3
CyandrisNov 16, 2016 2:56 PM
Nov 16, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2010
i'd like to give props to guang-hong's performance. that little peanut boy's performance was so entertaining! and then georgi's cracked me up like usual.

the one thing that broke me (other than implied victuuri kiss)

was when yuri started crying after victor gave him an ultimatum.
it was very emotional but also yuri has some great things to say about ultimatums.
in that, those don't always help in a relationship and end up actually hurting even more.
coming from experience of poorly miscommunicated relationships, when i'm feeling vulnerable. it really doesn't help to make me shut up about it and discard that feeling of vulnerability. no, it's still going to be there and you're making me crawl into my own circle. yuri obviously has hated that and has been in the same position of being vulnerable and defeated. He also knows that victor has a significant influence on him as a motivator and in general, and vice-versa. Victor knows he's in a position where he can make or break yuri. So it was nice to see how Yuri still had the courage to say something about his coaching that really isn't helping given the situation.

ugh i can't see such smol yuri become so sad. it hurt me so much.
but this helped me

and look how beautiful
cottonpieNov 16, 2016 3:34 PM
Nov 16, 2016 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
Whether you interpret the scene at the end as a kiss or a hug you can't deny that the producers / the director know(s) how to tease the audience to a maximum.
Nov 16, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2016
and I was like :"NOOO WAYYYYYYY!"
that far already by ep 7? I thought they would keep the incertainty untill the end.

Sure they still tease a bit, no lips against lips screenshot, probably to maintain the buzz with heated debates, but really, they can't seriously go backward now.

Maybe Victor and Yuri are just already a couple but didn't want to announce it officially to family, friends, the public and to us.

On a side note : I like this russian skater girl.
Nov 16, 2016 2:08 PM
May 2015
OKAY SO I CAN’T BE THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT ANXIOUS DURING THIS EP. WE GOT TO SEE DIFFERENT SIDES TO YUURI AND VICTOR.

I CRIED A BIT WHEN VICTOR DECIDED TO SHATTER YUURI’S HEART AND THEN MADE HIM CRY. MY KOKORO WAS BROKORO.

Yuuri takes out his revenge by doing the forehead poke thing again. How cute and cunning X)

Yuuri’s performance gave me goosebumps.

He performed a jump not even Victor could and impressed the audience and Victor

ALSO AT THE END....D-DID VICTOR DO WHAT I THINK HE JUST DID?

OMFG DID HE FUCKING KISS YUURI AND THEN PULL AWAY TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A HUG?!
Nov 16, 2016 2:09 PM
Oct 2009
Oh phew, animation is back to a perfectly acceptable level : D

The bit where Yuuri was skating, strangely relaxed, telling himself he can become strong, he's just such a relatable character I actually had tears!

Of course not to mention the KISS! I hope they become an official couple. That would be like, 10/10.
Nov 16, 2016 2:11 PM
May 2015
OMG thay kissed? Say me that they kissed!!! Yuri x Victor is true!
Nov 16, 2016 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Yup, I'm pretty content with this.
Nov 16, 2016 2:12 PM
Dec 2015
MY THROAT HURTS FROM SCREAMING WAS THAT A KISS WAS IT A KISS WHAT DOES THIS MEAN WHERE IS THE YAOI SHOUNEN AI TAG IM FUCKING BAWLING
Nov 16, 2016 2:13 PM

Aug 2016
I wonder if we'll actually see a full screen kiss in future episodes.
Nov 16, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
I'm pretty sure they actually DID kiss. I mean, even audience and Yuuri's manager(this woman that is all crazy about Chris, I don;t remember her name, I'm not even sure if she is Yuuri's manager) were in shock.

After all I'm also pretty sure they will destroy it later on xD
Something around: "Boom, u were trolled--!!!!!!"
Nov 16, 2016 2:16 PM

May 2008
It was a kiss. This is not debatable. I can break down and analyze the whole thing.

> the animation in their lips and the way victor's and yuri's faces looked was too detailed for a simple hug
> everyone's face was red as heck watching them kiss. a hug doesn't warrant that sort of reaction from fans
> victor has hugged yuri before and victor says 'this was the only thing I could think of' so a simple hug wouldn't get him to say that considering he's already done so.
> their faces were in kissing position and proportioned properly for it
> victor's eyes were closed (and slowly closing as the kiss started) and the way he had his hands wrapped around yuri's head wasn't a hug type hold
> also the only thing that would catch yuri THAT off guard would be a kiss
> the music was too coincidental in playing at that specific time
> HOW BREATHLESS THEY WERE??
> victor said: 'it's the only thing I could do to surprise you more than you surprised me'
yuri said: '...ah...really...?' <-- TOTALLY BREATHLESS AS HE SPOKE
> the way they looked at each other afterward...priceless.

tl;dr it was a kiss. the end.

Nov 16, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Lmao at people still in denial. So amusing.
Nov 16, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2015
Did they just kiss... OMG

Nov 16, 2016 2:19 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so wondering if it's a kiss...From the first pictures I thought it was more of a hug but seeing how red Yuuri turned, Victor closing his eyes, the public reaction and the "haha you're surprise right ?" makes me think it was actually a censored kiss...anyway good !

I still need more Yurio...And I actually want Yurio to win against Yuuri...It's way too "idealistic" for now, Yuuri needs to face a little bit more obstacles in my opinion
Nov 16, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2016
Oh there's no doubt they kissed, the way they stared at each other says it all. Plus the detail on their lips before hand.

May 2010
i'm happy asf that they kissed. it really was a kiss, no point denying it when there's too many moments implying that it was. tho to conclude that they are a couple at this point is still too fast. what's a stolen surprise kiss or two? but we're only halfway the season, so ALL ABOARD THE BEAUTIFUL SHIP, LADIES! (as if anyone hasn't)
all of the skaters free program was beautiful. it was nice to see a different side of victor and yuuri. the crying, the headpoke, and the kiss made this my fav ep of yoi <3
time to change my yoi score to 10.

Oct 2014
..............I love this show! Now excuse me while I go rewatch the last 10 minutes until I'm dead.
Nov 16, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2008
I THINK I MIGHT CRY.
Nov 16, 2016 2:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Literally everyone's reaction

Nov 16, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2016
I already got myself spoiled on the bed scene and kiss BUT STILL!! my heart couldn't stop beating through the whole damn episode. Sooo intense! I thought this show couldn't get any better after ep 6 but heeeere comes ep7. I'm so proud of little katsudon, this guy never fails to amaze me! also did anyone else notice seme yuri in the preview ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I loved all the skaters performances and their stories behind their performance (boo chris you scared me) and look at that pitchit gooooo <3
can't wait for next week: yuri vs yuri :D
Nov 16, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
If you're not sure if it was a kiss or not, someone in Tumblr had a very good point: "Victor said to Yuuri, 'This was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you surprised me.' A hug would not surprise Yuuri. They kissed."

Fantastic episode! Not just because of the kiss but emotionally so well-written.
BL as for "Boys Licking"
Nov 16, 2016 2:30 PM
Oct 2014
My heart stopped when Victor went for Yuri!!! I almost jumped off my bed because of the excitement i felt!! Somehow i felt really happy to see that hug :D

But for real now did they just kissed for real or was it just a hug that looked like they kissed? O.o
This is sooooooo confusing!
Nov 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode again , I was more nervous then Yuri him self ,He is going in the right direction great, little BL for the ladies at the end why not 😜😜😜
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
The animation looks much better than the last 2 eps :D

And that "kiss" scene!!!!!!!!! Although I doubt they actually kissed, it was still so great I screamed out loud hahaha

Anyway about the other skaters, Russia dude performance is still quite interesting lol Poor dude though hahah
Nov 16, 2016 2:34 PM
Sep 2014

mfw censored kiss
Nov 16, 2016 2:35 PM
Dec 2015
Ahahaha I'm too much of a bubbly mess to say something intelligent... but yeah, now it looks like it's within the realm of possibility for this to turn into a canon relationship ^_^ Yuri's performance was pretty cool too, I really like how they portray his swaying self-esteem.

Aug 2012
Loved this episode!!! That ending definitely had me hanging on the edge of my seat but what a happy way to wrap up an episode !

The kiss scene seems to be a big topic of discussion, but I think my favorite part might actually have been when Yuuri wants Viktor to believe he can win. I feel like in that scene that their relationship became more meaningful and emotional. As much as I like the lighthearted (and usually shippy) moments, I had been wanting this anime to further expand on how they interact outside of that. I think back to their conversation, I think in episode 4, when Viktor had asked what Yuuri wants him to be to him. I feel like it might be overshadowed by The Kiss Scene but that's probably the highlight I'll be taking from this episode.

I liked the other skaters this time around (except for you, Chris), though I feel like Leo had been pushed aside this time around. Georgi's perfomance sure was something. Also very excited that Yurio's finally gonna be back!!
me being hit with responsibilities
Jun 2016
did they kiss? I want them too and hope they did, but when you see them it looks more like just a really deep hug as victors head is past Yuri.
Nov 16, 2016 2:41 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was amazing! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.
Nov 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
Y'KNOW
IT'S THE FOURTH TIME I'M WATCHING IT
AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE?
I MEAN, IT MEANS THEY'RE CANNON? BECAUSE THEY KISSED?
I MEAN... I MEAN................. I MEAN????????
I'M NOT FOLLOWING IT ANYMORE
I WANT TO BE HAPPY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS BUT I'M JUST LIKE "BUT THAT REALLY MEANS THAT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER AND ARE TOGETHTER AND STUFF?"
I THINK THIS IS A RESULT OF SO MANY YEARS SUFFERING WITH QUEERBAIT
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IT'S REAL AND THAT I'M NOT CRAZY.
NO SERIOUSLY WHAT IS HAPPENING?
WHO AM I
Nov 16, 2016 2:47 PM
Jun 2015
So is anyone else concerned that this is going to end really badly for one/both of them? The show's comedic enough that I'm not convinced someone's going to die yet, but for a relationship with as little build up* as this one happening mid way through, I can't see a happy ending.

*(Edit to clarify: As in, yes it was obviously coming, but it basically went from 'strangers' to 'ready to jump each other' with the bare minimal steps vaguely stated in between that and 'actually jumping each other'.)
Nov 16, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2016
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'M SCREAMING

AHHHH THIS IS SO GAY
Nov 16, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
The way they run to each other, the way that Yuri wonders what he thought about his performance
The way they hug/kiss and look at each other
THIS IS GAY RIGHT
THIS HAVE TO BE GAY
RIGHT
LIKE... THIS IS GAY RIGHT JAPAN? THIS. IS. GAY
PLEASE JUST MAKE THEM UPDATE THEIR RELATIONSHIP STATUS ON FACEBOOK OR SMTHG SO I CAN BE SURE
Nov 16, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2013

I choked on the air when I saw that scene. Help I can't breathe 6((((≧▽≦))))9

Nov 16, 2016 2:55 PM
Nov 2016
That episode was beautiful!!! i fangirled for like an hour after it. Oh my goodness Victor x Yuri forever!
Nov 16, 2016 2:58 PM
Jun 2014
Life is making fun of me right now... I know it's 1 A.M. where I live , but I didn't think I am that tired so I would vote "Hated it" instead of "Loved it" ._. The skating was mesmerizing, their movements flowed so beautifully and then, then.. the kiss, I literally hyperventilated *-* I have to learn how to breathe again...
Nov 16, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2010
-Luhui said:

I choked on the air when I saw that scene. Help I can't breathe 6((((≧▽≦))))9

i know!!! the way they gaze into each other's eyes too.
i'm pretty sure my soul transcended my body.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Apr 24, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.