Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2010 12:30 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice turn! Hope they'll be acting together now.
Goh'Dan
Apr 4, 2010 4:44 PM

Feb 2008
um, in what way is Layla not a pro performer? she's one of the best known pro's in the buisness and has never stopped working. even in that movie she was still doing a lot of acrobatics :/

her dad's an ass for not praising her show :/

Layla seeing Fool at the end was a nice surprise tho :)
I wonder if any of the others will start seeing him too?
May 25, 2010 11:39 PM

Apr 2010
I think this was the greatest episode so far. It would've been funny if when Layla landed on Yuri's table, she said "BIAAAAAAAAAATCH!"

......he deserved it, anyway.

Sep 4, 2010 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
jacobpaige said:

her dad's an ass for not praising her show :/

Yeah... I felt a little disappointed that he didn't give even one word of praise. D:

Yuri's a bigger jerk for the stunt he pulled. Sora could've seriously gotten hurt since he's the one that caused Layla and Sora to lose their grips on each others' hands... And she's not a pro performer?! The heck? I hope they didn't actually get disqualified, just because Yuri said so...

Anyway. Nice twist. Lots of drama. Exciting to watch, to say the least! Really liked the episode despite all the jerky characters -- I guess the protagonists really make it worth watching. As always, looking forward to how this will all play out...

(Oh yeah. Layla being able to see Fool was indeed a nice surprise. Hopefully Sora manages to drag her off before Layla starts appearing crazy and trying to point it out to everyone else who can't see him. D:' That wouldn't be cool.)
May 15, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 2009
Shivers ran down my surprise when Layla was able to see Fool. It was a perfect moment to make that happen.
Ara ara.
Apr 4, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2008
So Layla can see Fool now? that's an interesting development I didn't really expect.
Aug 21, 2013 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
HATUL300 said:
So Layla can see Fool now? that's an interesting development I didn't really expect.

I'm more curious on how she gained such an ability. I bet it has to do with motivation similar to Sora.
Nov 28, 2014 7:10 AM

Feb 2012
Layla being able to see Fool was a really nice twist~ didn't see that coming.

-ugh I don't get why Yuri is so intent on destroying Sora and Layla; shouldn't his revenge be directed against kalos alone??-
Oct 17, 2015 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
Man Yuri really is rotten. I could understand his bitterness before (although misplaced), but now he's just flat out spiteful. I thought he was one of the better characters early on, but man oh man has that spiraled downward. In contrast, Layla is now shining brilliantly and I like how she's changed since meeting Sora. Being able to see Fool at the end, good for her! I'm guessing she couldn't see him before because despite having the talent, her heart wasn't as invested into it as someone like Sora. Although now she'll have to watch out for his peeping antics!
May 11, 2017 2:07 PM
Aug 2014
Yuri is getting really petty; it's about time someone called him out on his bullshit. Pretty sure that was assault by Yuri too, so not sure why anyone in the festival would continue to follow his advice.
Oct 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2017
I liked the seal giving us the little disclaimer in the beginning. Layla's dad is a real douche, he never went to see a show at Kaleido Stage, but he immediately visits her on set for her new movie. He should appreciate her passion no matter what it is. But what the fuck is Yuri's problem? I thought he only had a grudge against the owner, or Kaleido Stage in general. But Sora and her friends are new, young performer who have nothing to do with his past. Yuri should just focus on his own business and stop ruining everyone's life. And come one, the masked lady really was Layla? That was cheap. :P

So the "legendary maneuver" (which I never was really a fan of) is something that Sora and Layla have to do together (probably). Sounds interesting! I hope Fool will actually be somewhat important later on. So far he hasn't really contributed much.
Aug 2, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2012
WHAT? He goes up on the stage, rips off one of the performance's masks and then say they're disqualified for... Nothing? So what if Layla isn't a professional performer, neither were "Z" LMAOOO. That was some bullshit right there.

Layla continues to be the best character on the show. Everytime she's on the spotlight, I'm happy. She's fascinating and I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE CAN SEE FOOL NOW TOO! I was wondering why she didn't, and thought Sora would become better than her or whatever, but I'M SO GLAD WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT! In fact what she needed was to confront her father! I almost cried when Fool started to show up for her. I guess she and Sora will do the legendary maneuver together, then? I can't waittttt aaaaahhhhh this is getting exciting!
May 10, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2018
This anime has started slowly, but it is progressing more and more stronger with each episode.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Apr 2016
Jonathan saying the disclaimer, it's was his time to shine and he had a cute hat this episode but the star was Layla, flying back and forth, doing her own stunts, having such a cool entrance, having to confront mister pettiness, get things clear with her dad and to end it, she now can see Fool, what a ride for her. Loved it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 34 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 11, 2009

13 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:54 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 31 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 10, 2009

16 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.