Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2016 6:19 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Akame has got her trump card and it's the same as the anime. All she had to do was kill Tatsumi.

RIP Tatsumi! Akame fulfilled her promise in the end...

It's really cool seeing all these old Teigu returning.
Oct 21, 2016 6:53 AM
Feb 2015
Wait... what!? O_O
Oct 21, 2016 7:31 AM

Oct 2014
Guess we know how this is gonna end.
Oct 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Oct 2014
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4831354543

There's the only copy of the raw I could find.
Oct 21, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Well, RIP Tatsumi, you died fighting like a man until the end.

Esdeath raping all those dudes was awesome. It's a pity we wouldn't never watch this animated.

Akame's trump card doesn't looks that spectacular as I imagined.
Oct 21, 2016 10:25 AM
Apr 2015
Welp, I would never imagined that the final part of the manga will be so similar to the anime, the difference is that Mine is not dead xD
It's kind of sad for me that tatsumi had to be killed but... I don't know what to say, for me it's unfair that he had to die because he could have simply tried not to push beyond his limits for at least once and be alive.
I want to see Mine's reaction if she somehow manages to wake up and then know that tatsumi is dead
Oct 21, 2016 1:02 PM
Jun 2014
Rip Tatsumi if you are dead but I have a feeling not since bigger thing have a higher resistence in poison but idk I think Tatsumi dead.
Oct 21, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2016
I don't think Tatsumi is actually as Tyrant can basically survive through anything even when turned into armour, not so sure about poison though.

When will Mine awaken cause I wanna see her face when she hears about Tatsumi being dead and how she continues life
Oct 22, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 2014
I really enjoyed the teamwork between Tyrant and those Teigu users in order to give Akame an opening to attack, but it looks like Esdeath used her time stop ability before the curse could spread throughout her body so she was able to cut her arm off; makes sense. I also did not expect Tatsumi to die by the hands of Akame. Amazing chapter.
Oct 22, 2016 8:23 PM
Nov 2015
Neither bad nor good, very typical chapter
Typical Akame ga kill logic: we have seen incursio armor sustain against swords,missiles, energy beams,lightning, time freeze, everything you could possibly imagine. At this point, this is his ultimate form and yet... still dies from poison, even tough it was said it could adapt to anything. Funny isn't it? As I remember back in the early chapters( when Bulat was alive) that murasame couldn't penetrate incursio's armor.
Esdeath's very one sided battle(lol) reminds me the previous battle she had with akame and mine which worked well because Esdeath couldn't pay attention to Akame and A long range attack at the same time. It's better then sending every soldier to certain death. Really it's like they forgot they have firearms in this universe. Also if we only had someone who could rebuild Pumpkin and someone who could use it beside Mine...too bad we don't have neither of them, right?
Oct 23, 2016 3:27 PM
Jun 2014
I believe Tatsumi is not dead.
Damn the anime spoiled the manga for once, not a good thing though, the anime original finale was pretty mediocre. Very sad ending for a manga that started with an awesome premise. It really went downhill with the Mine vs Budou fight and Tatsumi rescue arc.
Oct 23, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
How many more chapters left?
Oct 23, 2016 6:24 PM
Feb 2015
Major123 said:

I think someone said 2 more chapters.
Oct 23, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
ixarising said:
Major123 said:

I see, thank you. I just checked MAL and it said it will end in December. Should of checked that first.
Oct 23, 2016 11:03 PM
Oct 2010
ixarising said:
Major123 said:

two more chapters left, yes, since volume 15 is the last one and each volume has 5/6 chapters.
Oct 24, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
Akame's trump card in anime is more awesome than manga( her eyes).
Oct 24, 2016 6:14 PM
Feb 2015
ryanstrike said:
Akame's trump card in anime is more awesome than manga( her eyes).

Maybe she'll evolve when she fights longer.
Oct 25, 2016 12:22 AM

Dec 2013
nobody199 said:
Typical Akame ga kill logic: we have seen incursio armor sustain against swords,missiles, energy beams,lightning, time freeze, everything you could possibly imagine. At this point, this is his ultimate form and yet... still dies from poison, even tough it was said it could adapt to anything. Funny isn't it? As I remember back in the early chapters( when Bulat was alive) that murasame couldn't penetrate incursio's armor.

It's not armour anymore it's completely turned into the tyrant. The original tyrant wasn't made of armour (obviously)
Oct 25, 2016 6:35 PM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
nobody199 said:

It's not armour anymore it's completely turned into the tyrant. The original tyrant wasn't made of armour (obviously)

So what are you saying leads to the conclusion that the tyrant form is weaker than armour? How was the armour created in the first place? There is plenty of animals that carry some sort of shell or armature so I don't see a reason why that cound't have made the same thing with the Tyrant.
Oct 25, 2016 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
nobody199 said:
G_Spark233 said:

So what are you saying leads to the conclusion that the tyrant form is weaker than armour? How was the armour created in the first place? There is plenty of animals that carry some sort of shell or armature so I don't see a reason why that cound't have made the same thing with the Tyrant.

The creation of teigu's don't make sense in the first place but that's the point of them and that's why they are unable to be recreated. The tyrant was originally made of flesh and flesh isn't as hard as armour. That much should be common sense.
Oct 26, 2016 2:07 PM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
nobody199 said:

The creation of teigu's don't make sense in the first place but that's the point of them and that's why they are unable to be recreated. The tyrant was originally made of flesh and flesh isn't as hard as armour. That much should be common sense.

You are aware that my question is why the Tyrant couldn't have some sort of protection, like a shell, armature or a hardened part of the body. Just because the creature is made of flash doesn't mean its impossible to have protection.
FOR ME, it's super stupid that author made this powerfull beast and didn't give him some sort of armour, when before that the mofo could stand up to Megazord
Oct 26, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
nobody199 said:
G_Spark233 said:

You are aware that my question is why the Tyrant couldn't have some sort of protection, like a shell, armature or a hardened part of the body. Just because the creature is made of flash doesn't mean its impossible to have protection.
FOR ME, it's super stupid that author made this powerfull beast and didn't give him some sort of armour, when before that the mofo could stand up to Megazord

As I said the teigu's creation don't make sense. Just because it's been made into armour doesn't mean the flesh was hard. I've always thought it was super obvious from everytime we have seen it that it doesn't have armour but I guess it wasn't obvious to everyone.

Oct 26, 2016 7:01 PM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
nobody199 said:

As I said the teigu's creation don't make sense. Just because it's been made into armour doesn't mean the flesh was hard. I've always thought it was super obvious from everytime we have seen it that it doesn't have armour but I guess it wasn't obvious to everyone.

Okay it's time to stop, you know pretty well what I am saying and clearly isn't about the flesh being hard( how is that possible anyway?), it's ridiculous discussing about this at this point, when one cannot reach to a consensus.
To put it simple: I didn't like it, it's sucks and in my opnion it's just a way to try to restore Akame coolness which becomes irrelevant when you have two main characters pulling new powers every damn chapter.
Oct 26, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2013
nobody199 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Okay it's time to stop, you know pretty well what I am saying and clearly isn't about the flesh being hard( how is that possible anyway?), it's ridiculous discussing about this at this point, when one cannot reach to a consensus.
To put it simple: I didn't like it, it's sucks and in my opnion it's just a way to try to restore Akame coolness which becomes irrelevant when you have two main characters pulling new powers every damn chapter.

Fair enough but I'm fine with with Akame being able to cut flesh and I don't think it's stupid that Akame has a trump card that's been heavily foreshadowed for such a long time but each to their own.
Oct 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
Well just judging from the raws and without translation, what I got is that Esdeath escaped the Murasame's poison with Maha Padma and cut her arm off to prevent the poison on spreading. Man the other teigu users are all fodder to Esdeath.

Although, I believe we might still be able to have a happy ending, I can see the author pulling this plot device, that the "Tyrant" is alive, and either the Incursio (Tyrant) will die off and Tatsumi will be left alive since he will be able to take the armor.... or the Tyrant will be able to be evolve to be immune to the poison after a few minutes.

My opinion will change when I read the actual scanlation. Opinion above is just based from the raws.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2016 6:52 AM
Jan 2015
The manga series is ending this December.
Nov 3, 2016 7:15 AM

Jan 2012
RIP Tatsumi , that gay when he died Tatsumi took his power

now Akame took his power

@G_Spark233 thnx for link

https://www.reddit.com/r/AkameGaKILL/comments/58n4us/chapter_76_raw/?st=iv2fdrdf&sh=b2dc5177#bottom-comments

so it's taking same route as anime

Nov 6, 2016 4:17 AM

Jan 2008
Let's not get our hopes up. This manga is finished in two chapters. He died fighting while Akame's sister and the other dude get to live happily ever after after taking part in the killing of thousands of innocents. Fucking BS. Now I hope Mine is also dead.
Nov 6, 2016 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
Chapter has already been released in Mangastream.

And, it seems Tatsumi wasn't really possesed by Tyrant, since he maintained his conscience for a time before Akame killed him in time before the Tyrant completely took his body. Well, Tatsumi, at first you were one of the most plain and boring MCs I have ever seen in a fictional world, but you not only managed to became badass and have some character development, but also you fought until your last breath for the things you wanted to protect the most. Rest in peace, dragon warrior, you went down like a total pro.

I really liked they made Esdeath using Mahapadma to cut her arm after Akame attacked her by surprise. That way the bullshit of "you were tricked by your own bloodlust" won't be used here. And, again, the Trump card of Akame looks really lacking compared to the anime's one.

Such a waste of Teigu users being fodderized that quick, since they introduced some new ones, I think (thhe staff of that big guy and that rapier).

Also, did that panel with the doctor and Leone implied she also fused with her Teigu like Tatsumi did with Incursio? If that happens, we will know now who will kill the Prime Minister.
Nov 6, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2012
More and more it reminded me how the anime ended, such sadness ... And RIP Tatsumi =(
allenjkeNov 6, 2016 5:28 AM
Nov 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
Soap123 said:
Rip Tatsumi if you are dead but I have a feeling not since bigger thing have a higher resistence in poison but idk I think Tatsumi dead.
Murasame is not a poison. It's a CURSE. Tatsumi is dead.

Chapter gets a 5/5 for Tatsumi the trash dying and finally destroying the shittiest most unnecessary pairing in any manga ever.

Also for a much better mechanic behind Akame's trumpcard compared to the BS of just cutting herself in the anime.
Nov 6, 2016 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, same trump card...well I guess the fight won't be too different from the anime.

RIP Tatsumi. Not even surprised that the manga decided to kill him too. Now I wonder how Mine will react to that if she wakes up.
Nov 6, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:
Sigh, same trump card...well I guess the fight won't be too different from the anime.

RIP Tatsumi. Not even surprised that the manga decided to kill him too. Now I wonder how Mine will react to that if she wakes up.

It's not exactly the same. The method to awaken it makes much more sense than the Anime's did. That whole CUT yourself even though at the start of the series you said that even if you nicked yourself a little on it during maintenance you would die just as your foes would.
Nov 6, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2014
Well I guess this was a fairly expected outcome.

Esdeath wrecking through the army was insane, That blender. :o

I liked the cut that Akame did and how Esdeath eventually cut her arm off.

R.I.P Tatsumi, Though it is possible that Tatsumi might be alive if Murasame's poison kills only the Tyrant but not Tatsumi. We shall see I guess.

Transformation wasn't too different from the anime apart from the method used to get it, Expecting a good fight next chapter.
Nov 6, 2016 7:53 AM

Apr 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
Well I guess this was a fairly expected outcome.

Esdeath wrecking through the army was insane, That blender. :o

I liked the cut that Akame did and how Esdeath eventually cut her arm off.

R.I.P Tatsumi, Though it is possible that Tatsumi might be alive if Murasame's poison kills only the Tyrant but not Tatsumi. We shall see I guess.

Transformation wasn't too different from the anime apart from the method used to get it, Expecting a good fight next chapter.

It's not a poison it's a curse and it's not selective. Anything touched by the blade TIES unles amputated.
Nov 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
I would like to know how many times were all these "Trump cards" used throughout the whole manga , from 1st to recent chapters. It has become a cliche for me long ago and it doesn't stop.

Esdeath seems to be unbeatable in this chapter , aside a quick touch by Murasame , and she kinda counters that afterwards. But there are no undefeatable , only undefeated , and I hope Akame achieves her goal in upcoming chapters
Nov 6, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2008
Orionite_ said:
I would like to know how many times were all these "Trump cards" used throughout the whole manga , from 1st to recent chapters. It has become a cliche for me long ago and it doesn't stop.

Esdeath seems to be unbeatable in this chapter , aside a quick touch by Murasame , and she kinda counters that afterwards. But there are no undefeatable , only undefeated , and I hope Akame achieves her goal in upcoming chapters

Akame's trump card was never used until this chapter
Nov 6, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2016
OMG, this sucked so badly. After a half-decent chapter the writers live up to the expectation that they only write crap.

For half a second I actually believed that the writer could redeem himself. But no, he had screw up.

The upshot is that I was right when I said that the manga's ending would be the same as the anime, and Tatsumi is finally dead, ending that awful pairing.
Nov 6, 2016 9:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I miss the days when this manga used to actually be good

Now it's just... I don't even know, bleh
Nov 6, 2016 9:10 AM

Nov 2015
Okey, so in the end, Tatsumi died.
How is this different from the anime ?? I thought Takahiro wanted to create another route for the manga story, so that fans can enjoy two diffenrent endings. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter, maybe they'll find some kind of teigu that can revive people or maybe the orbs that Tatsumi collected by doing good things will give him a happy end (Clannad) lol
Nov 6, 2016 9:29 AM
Mar 2016
Shenoa said:
Guess we know how this is gonna end.

We should have known for a very long time by now.
Nov 6, 2016 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I miss the days when this manga used to actually be good

Now it's just... I don't even know, bleh

When I think about it, the signs that it would be crap were all present in the first volume.
Nov 6, 2016 9:31 AM
Mar 2016
azy1999 said:
Okey, so in the end, Tatsumi died.
How is this different from the anime ?? I thought Takahiro wanted to create another route for the manga story, so that fans can enjoy two diffenrent endings. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter, maybe they'll find some kind of teigu that can revive people or maybe the orbs that Tatsumi collected by doing good things will give him a happy end (Clannad) lol

You should know by now that Takahiro is a very lazy and mediocre writer. This should not be something unexpected.
Nov 6, 2016 9:45 AM
Jan 2015
I perfer the anime than the manga.
Nov 6, 2016 10:22 AM

Nov 2008
Can't wait for this fucking piece of shit to end in 2 chapters so I won't have to touch it ever again and that damn ice bitch to drop dead finally.

Also this why Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD is far more better then you Tatsumi, his dragon is far more superior and stable then yours.
Nov 6, 2016 10:34 AM
Mar 2016
VJ87G said:
I perfer the anime than the manga.

I feel the same way. The anime, in the end, has turned out to be much better than the manga.
Nov 6, 2016 1:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot believe people are actually saying that the anime turned out better than the manga. Even though this series went downhill the last 25 chapters or so, there's still tighter better storytelling than in the wreck that was the anime finale.

Tatsum's death felt a tad underwhelming for some reason. I expected him and Esdeathyo have more of a Mano a mano at the end and for her to mourn a bit more his passing. Oh well, the ending should be interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
GG Tatsumi like anime like manga u die...not like it wasn't ofc foreseen
End THIS AKAME!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 6, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2015
About Leone... so that mean Big sis is going to become a lioness? or because she used the Teigu for so long she has fused with the regeneration abilities and is not death yet?!

I thought Tatsumi vs Esdeath final fight would be awesome (I know he was losing control fast but he was pretty damn useless against Esdeath) but it was OK-ish.

I don’t want some of the surviving members of Night Raid to die but I know that this manga isn't going for a happy ending, but rather it's supposed to show us that even in the face of losing all that you love and care about, you can still find the resolve to stand against evil. That even when you know the end is coming, when there's nothing and no one left to stand with you, one person can make all the difference in the world. They can fight the good fight, even at the cost of their own life.
Nov 6, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
Roy_Focker said:
About Leone... so that mean Big sis is going to become a lioness? or because she used the Teigu for so long she has fused with the regeneration abilities and is not death yet?!

I thought Tatsumi vs Esdeath final fight would be awesome (I know he was losing control fast but he was pretty damn useless against Esdeath) but it was OK-ish.

I don’t want some of the surviving members of Night Raid to die but I know that this manga isn't going for a happy ending, but rather it's supposed to show us that even in the face of losing all that you love and care about, you can still find the resolve to stand against evil. That even when you know the end is coming, when there's nothing and no one left to stand with you, one person can make all the difference in the world. They can fight the good fight, even at the cost of their own life.

The Teigu was DESTROYED before she died. It wouldn't change anything
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.