Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 2:42 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
SPOILER
Raws for Chapter 174 http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4822243287

The summary spoiler from TDX
*Yawn*
Not gonna argue again with a stupid troll.
Oct 28, 2016 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
So glad Mashima's back! Worried about Chihaya's future, but I sort of really want her to pursue karuta wholeheartedly...
Oct 28, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2015

I feel so happy that Taichi is finally back. It's been so long! Kana-chan is too cute, I almost didn't recognized her. I love her short conversation with Nishida, it was a bittersweet moment for the two of them and I really admire Nishida for being the man. Komano's speech is really touching,especially when you see how much he changed since the first time he was introduced.

But of course my favorite part is about Taichi and Chihaya (obviously)
Here's my two cents about it.
Warning: Since I have been deprived of Taichi for few months, this is going to be long

Nunnally03Oct 28, 2016 5:30 PM
Oct 29, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 2007
Love this chapter. so much to think about
so thrilled for the next one !

Thank Nunnally03 for your analysis. was nice to read
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 30, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2012
Nunnally03 thank you for that....that "i got your back" catch is really nice......i also thought it very signifant how easily Chihaya confided her inner struggle to Taichi.....i wonder if he will help her out. All in all such a good chapter.....so many cute things like Chihaya singing, Taichi laughing his head off, Sweet Kana chan who really looks beautiful, Komano touched to tears.......yeah all really nice seeing the Mizusawa ream, Chihaya and Taichi together!
Oct 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Feb 2011
nunnally03 said:
he will not stop playing karuta but the next time three of them will play in a match may take a while
What do you mean? Thanks
Oct 30, 2016 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
^^
^
Thanks

Ayumi_Akimoto said:
nunnally03 said:
he will not stop playing karuta but the next time three of them will play in a match may take a while
What do you mean? Thanks

Ah...I think it's because Taichi finally accepted the difference between talent and hard work, you can beat talent, but it will take a lot of hard work. He probably accepted Arata's "talent" and since he played with Sou the most, he knew just how strong Sou really is and that's why he also knew, that right now...the only person who could put on a fight with Sou is Arata and that Arata may become a Meijin before him. The old Taichi will definitely get depressed with that thought, but the Taichi right now is different than before. He is willing to be patient because he knew, that it's not impossible to beat Arata if he will keep working hard on it. Because now, Taichi's main goal is to beat Arata and as long as the two of them will keep playing karuta, then he will have a lot of chances to beat Arata.

And I think, Chihaya is also starting to understand that. She always wanted the three of them to play the same way as before, but things have change. Just like how Arata started to see Taichi as one of his rivals, Chihaya is also starting to understand that Taichi's real goal is not the Meijin himself or the Meijin "title" - but Arata. That's why Taichi's next time have a lot of meaning; because as long as they will keep playing karuta, then Taichi will always have a lot of time/chances to beat Arata. It may not be this year or next year but as long as they play karuta...their paths will always bound to cross. So let's see what Chihaya and Taichi are going to do ^_^
Oct 30, 2016 7:23 AM
May 2012
Not enough Hyoro-kun in this chapter -.-
Oct 31, 2016 4:42 AM

Jan 2016
Finally, the broadcast is next. Loved that taichi and chihaya got some time together again and the mizusawa team too. Excited for chihaya's reaction while watching the broadcast.
Nov 4, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
The amount of development, especially with Taichi, is so awesome. Really glad to see the direction this is going.
Not looking to start a debate, but I'm just gonna state I think this chapter really solidified Taichihaya and I'm happy. It'll take a while to head to completion, but it's there and it's budding more than ever.
The club farewell was so heartwarming... Love the third years forever. Love the Mizusawa karuta club forever <3

Thank you, Nunnally, for your excellent analysis! I agree with probably all of it and thought all of it as well ^.^ it's nice to see it all come to words rather than as random thoughts that float in my head!
Nov 6, 2016 12:49 AM
Nov 2016
I don't think chihaya has given any reply to Taichi proposal just like she replied to Arata.
shank96Nov 6, 2016 9:35 AM
Nov 6, 2016 8:28 PM

Sep 2016
shank96 said:
I don't think chihaya has given any reply to Taichi proposal just like she replied to Arata.
She replied "Sorry" but who knows whether it's "sorry I dont like you" "Sorry but romance is not on my mind " "Sorry but I want to focus on karuta" or whatever that "sorry" means.
You can take it as rejection...as a Chihayachi shipper that rejection is what's giving me hope. Because he was rejected but the author still refused to end this shipping war, he was rejected but she still make scenes for Taichi and Chihaya and still refused to make Chiarata a canon...for what reason? To repeat the whole Taichi rejection arc again? Like what the other poster said, if what some people claim as "obvious" for many years is true...then what's the use of keeping this shipping war keep going? Taichi is rejected so why can"t Chihaya just say "yes" to Arata if she's really in love with him as what some fans claim.

The rejection arc was in volume 26
KyriemNov 6, 2016 8:35 PM
Nov 6, 2016 9:04 PM
Nov 2016
Maybe i have interpreted it wrong, I have read chapter 138 page 15 many Time's. What i get after reading is that It was taichi who said all those word. But i am still confused about that rejection
Nov 6, 2016 9:17 PM

Sep 2016
shank96 said:
Maybe i have interpreted it wrong, I have read chapter 138 page 15 many Time's. What i get after reading is that It was taichi who said all those word. But i am still confused about that rejection

confused by what? :D

Chihaya said "sorry" then Taichi said "I understand" and left.
Nov 6, 2016 11:17 PM
Nov 2016
Thank you but i think that sorry doesnt mean rejection there is something more which will be reviel later on maybe it is because i am bais for taichixchihaya.
just one more thing what is the publishing schedule of chihayafuru manga because just a few weeks ago i have start reading it
shank96Nov 7, 2016 12:41 AM
Nov 7, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2016
shank96 said:
Thank you but i think that sorry doesnt mean rejection there is something more which will be reviel later on maybe it is because i am bais for taichixchihaya.
just one more thing what is the publishing schedule of chihayafuru manga because just a few weeks ago i have start reading it

it's okay. Like I said there are so many meaning behind that sorry.
Chihayafuru chapters come out bi monthly but right now it's on hiatus. So we have to wait till next year.
Dec 4, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2016
Hi I m posting here for the first time , I have just watchedthe Anime and caught up to this Manga at the current chapter . I really love this Manga and all the characters .
May 22, 2018 6:27 PM

Nov 2016
I need to see Chihaya rapping animated,lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2018 7:51 AM
Sep 2018
Kyriem said:
shank96 said:
She replied "Sorry" but who knows whether it's "sorry I dont like you" "Sorry but romance is not on my mind " "Sorry but I want to focus on karuta" or whatever that "sorry" means.
You can take it as rejection...as a Chihayachi shipper that rejection is what's giving me hope. Because he was rejected but the author still refused to end this shipping war, he was rejected but she still make scenes for Taichi and Chihaya and still refused to make Chiarata a canon...for what reason? To repeat the whole Taichi rejection arc again? Like what the other poster said, if what some people claim as "obvious" for many years is true...then what's the use of keeping this shipping war keep going? Taichi is rejected so why can"t Chihaya just say "yes" to Arata if she's really in love with him as what some fans claim.

The rejection arc was in volume 26

Good Question! She would have said Yes to Arata though but Her reply in chapter 173 just puzzled Chirata fans all the way.

Even some players notice that Chihaya and Taichi are playing together despite of their distance and Taichi's absence. This is something that needs to point out. This trio love story has taken a new level after that sequence. I don't care what Arata fans will make out of it. I'm a neutral fan and I feel sorry for both Taichi and Chihaya.

I can understand that She (Chihaya) wants to defeat the Queen, but if she goes on with Arata, that will be the end of the Manga though.

So this confusion will be cleared till the final chapter whether She will go with Taichi or Arata or Karuta.

As for Taichi fans, the Game is still on, even if it is the losing battle. But Taichi's new appearance or avatar after the rejection arc has what made the spirit of the series alive (Even anti Taichi fans will agree on it).

Both Chihaya and Taichi is now competing the Major Tournament. This is something to watch out for. And I'm waiting to hear that one request from Taichi to the Master if He defeats Arata.
Singhaayu999Sep 21, 2018 8:00 AM
Sep 26, 2019 4:28 AM

Feb 2019
Taichi is back and those scenes from clubroom, in karaoke and after karaoke were awesome.
Nov 19, 2019 2:45 AM
Jun 2014
Really wish to see (and hear) Chi-chan rapping. Looks like fun!
Apr 8, 2020 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
I swear the drawing is so beautiful, the scenery is well translated in the anime, but this is something else.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.