Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2016 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, action packed episode of the first half. Nice. About time Trunks did more fighting in the future again.

Goku's anger doesn't surprise me much with the recent events and how his wife + son were threatened. I can't help but laugh at the little segment with Piccolo and later Goku. RIP turtle
Oct 15, 2016 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
The episode was great
Oct 15, 2016 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
Fun episode.. But honestly I'm kind of disappointed that they are gonna use the mafuba to seal them rather than actually defeat them. I was really hoping that they would use fusion. Now I pray the mafuba fails and that maybe.. Just maybe Goten and Trunks showing up in this ep reminds Vegeta of the fusion dance or that Gowasu gives the earrings to Beerus and that he gives that to Carrot and Vegetable for some salad tossing
Oct 15, 2016 8:32 PM

Jan 2009
they will use the Mafuba and also looks like Beerus and Whis will go the future as well with the help of Gowasu?

and damn the animation quality on this episode is bad lol, but looks like the next episode will have better animation
degOct 15, 2016 9:01 PM
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2016

Nothing relevant happened with these two in this episode.

I will, however, say i'm disappointed they returned so soon to the present, leaving Trunks alone against Black and Zamasu. I do however admit like how it looks like everyone is going to the future to help Trunks (which was the most logical solution, if you think about it). Even Beerus, with the possible help of Gowasu. (though it just leaves more questions, if you really think about it)

Poor Turtle, by the way. Nice flashback to the Piccolo arc days.
TrueUtopianOct 15, 2016 9:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
I'm not going to complain about the animation of this ep, it's the characteristic part of DBS after all lol

It's been a very long time we don't see some Master Roshi's training xD The Mafuuba is a good option against Zamasu mainly but it's a very risky technique... You know what happened back in the Dragon Ball series.

Also, Beerus and Whis seem to have intentions to go to the future with Gowasu :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 15, 2016 10:57 PM

Dec 2011
Well good episode once again and nice to see Roshi learning Mafuba to Goku but will it a success or not..
Can the container contain so much power and may be they will counter it like Piccolo did in the tournament.
Anyway the next few episodes will be great.
Oct 16, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2012
Dusting off the old Evil Containment Wave eh? Nice callback, but it probably won't be enough.
Oct 16, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2010
Got to give trunks some praise, his taking on both of them pretty well. Manage to damage Black a bit as well.

About time Gohan finally realising whats been happening. Probably won't help much but at least his now aware.

Gowasu going to step in as well. That should be interesting.

Good episode overall, enjoyed it.
Oct 16, 2016 2:29 AM

Oct 2015
Good episode. I just have no idea where Trunks has so much power from to withstand Zamasu and black for at least 12 hours.

I think the power-scaling is just quite bad now, but yeah, it's Dragon Ball. Such things may happen.

When Trunks and Goten talked to Bulma, and Vegeta was nearby, I thought the kids would say "but we can use fusion to beat them..." or something like that, and Vegeta would consider using it. I still hope Goku and Vegeta will use fusion at least against Black. Zamasu can be sealed by the mafuuba, I don't mind, but I want a good fight between Black and Goku&Vegeta.

There are just so many things that could happen in this arc. Mafooba, fusion, Beerus&Whis doing something, Omni-sama's button, maybe a new transformation.
Oct 16, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
im sure the evil containment wave wont be enough, but weirder things have happened.

im hoping they actually destroy them. idk how, but i hope they do.
Oct 16, 2016 4:07 AM

Feb 2013
They retreated again.
Nobody is thinking about a fusion yet,lol, but that wouldn't work on Zamasu, they could destroy Black though.
Mafuuba, it's been ages since I've heard about it.
Oct 16, 2016 4:24 AM

Oct 2013
My Theory was right Become Official Name They Call it ..Super Saiyan Rage.. Trunks new Form.
ShaidersOct 16, 2016 4:43 AM
Oct 16, 2016 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe Mafuba will works on Zamasu but Black may evade it or something so they still need to beat the shit out of him.

Oct 16, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
The animation was definitely lacking in the first half but the story progression makes up for it. It's very nice to see them picking plot details from the earlier DB to be used now
Oct 16, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
What's up with the half assed solution?
Piccolo was my last hope, if he were to mention fusion, but he didn't
ARGH!
Oct 16, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2013
Vegeta is still useless in this ep other than succeeding in saving his wife from enraging the God of Destruction. Looks like next ep is his so come on Toei, make him useful again! How dare you insult the prince of Saiya-jin.

It's nice to see everyone back in this ep, including Master Roshi, it's been a long time.

With them running away for the second time, although it hurts to see it happens, admittedly it is a sensible decision since they were caught in surprise with the Bromasu combo.

But with Mafuuba as the solution? It was used during the time where Goku and Piccolo had the power level of what? 150? Now Black and Zamasu should have gazillions of power level, how is that relevant anymore? Are you telling me that with Goku using it, its sealing power increases? But what pot is strong enough to contain such a godlike entity? If anything, this is a surefail method.

On the other hand, I am putting my money onto Gowasu, with the hinting of Goten and Trunks, fusion seems to be the way to go. And for a climatic finale, I would love to see Toei have Bromasu fuse together to battle SSGSJ Gogeta/Vegito.

Oct 16, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 2014
I somehow dubt that the mafuba will work on a supreme kai. But lets see.
Its a nice reference to the original dragonball.

The fight was Okayish, but I think it could have been better.
Vegeta finally becoming "usefull" would be nice, go train!

Well I totally wouldnt mind to see a future trunks X gohan fusion. It would be a totally new character and It would be pretty unique since it needs people from 2 timelines or dimensions how beerus called it.
Because I remembered Gotenks using some sort of energy ring to capture Boo. This would give enough time to use mafuba or go 2 on 1 vs Black and finally defeat him. Immortality is sure an OP ability to have. Then again, just lock him up and it will be pure hell.

Overall a nice episode, some derpy animation moments but it was OK.

I dont think trunks actually has a "new form" but is just angry like vegeta back in the movie vs beerus.
Maybe everything will fail and beerus will use the time ring?
Or goku remembers the button the kami of everything gave him?
Soo many options!

(Isnt it also dimension travel when Beerus goes to the other universe? And couldnt they somehow travel to the twin future universe where beerus still lives? Well. Lets see how it goes. I just hope they will settle this soon, because another fight and come back would be too much imo)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 16, 2016 5:38 AM
Mar 2015
good start, for me like 2/3 problems with animation that hurts much, but can deal with it since the episode wasn't that important - the next one will be much more fun, especially that they're coming back to the Future and more fight coming with Vegeta vs Black. im hyped.
Oct 16, 2016 5:39 AM

Sep 2016
saving budget episode, that trunks animation is so bad lol
there is no way mafuba will defeat zamasu
they will potara for sure
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 16, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2016
Am I the only one who hopes they use the Mafuba? I'm happy they acknowledged some content if the original Dragonball series, which we don't see much. I still think Black and Zamasu might fuse into a super being or something. Master Rossi too.

Animation was ehh but the story was good so I didn't mind much.

Also I'm glad Trunks technically didn't get a new form. We don't need one until at least the next arc, (which by the way, how long do you think we have?)
Oct 16, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
Comander-07 said:
I somehow dubt that the mafuba will work on a supreme kai. But lets see.
Its a nice reference to the original dragonball.

The fight was Okayish, but I think it could have been better.
Vegeta finally becoming "usefull" would be nice, go train!

Well I totally wouldnt mind to see a future trunks X gohan fusion. It would be a totally new character and It would be pretty unique since it needs people from 2 timelines or dimensions how beerus called it.
Because I remembered Gotenks using some sort of energy ring to capture Boo. This would give enough time to use mafuba or go 2 on 1 vs Black and finally defeat him. Immortality is sure an OP ability to have. Then again, just lock him up and it will be pure hell.

Overall a nice episode, some derpy animation moments but it was OK.

I dont think trunks actually has a "new form" but is just angry like vegeta back in the movie vs beerus.
Maybe everything will fail and beerus will use the time ring?
Or goku remembers the button the kami of everything gave him?
Soo many options!

(Isnt it also dimension travel when Beerus goes to the other universe? And couldnt they somehow travel to the twin future universe where beerus still lives? Well. Lets see how it goes. I just hope they will settle this soon, because another fight and come back would be too much imo)

To be Honest i Reading Magazine Spoiler That trunks New form Are Call Super Saiyan Rage.
Oct 16, 2016 6:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode was very good.

1st half showing how boss Trunks is. Back and forth action and he actually made Black bleed. The Final Flash deflection was pretty good but man that point blank move looked sick.

Nice to see Vegeta show that father side to Trunks, telling him not to die.

Back in the present, poor Goku, Vegeta just throws him on the ground.

I don't blame Vegeta for getting mad at Bulma since she kept saying Goku this and Goku that. It wouldn't hurt Bulma if she trusted Vegeta more and actually had faith that he could defeat Black/Zamasu instead of only believing that Goku is the hero for everything.

We see a bit of a Gohan wanting to help tease.

Throwback to Dragon Ball days where Goku trained at Roshi's.

Next episode should be epic as well.

Oct 16, 2016 7:18 AM

Mar 2016
This was a very good episode. Not as good as the last five, but was good!

It didn't show us nothing new and was a little dissapointing when they said they were going to use Mafuba to seal them instead of beat the sh*t out of them using the SSGSS or something new!

Oct 16, 2016 7:28 AM
Apr 2014
Didn't expect them to retreat again.
Vegeta didn't do much of anything in this second travel to the future.
All of this is happening with Gowasu and meanwhile the god of destruction for Universe 10 just doesn't care, what a bum.
This entire situation could be avoided if Beerus went to the future and deleted Black and Zamasu.
Man they have to seal them, what an achievement for Black and Zamasu as villains.
Trunks is still alive in the preview, I didn't expect otherwise but I wonder how long he held off against Zamasu and Black.
Oct 16, 2016 8:09 AM

Sep 2014
Nice action once again this week.Trunks remained in the future while the rest returned to present.Mafuba!That brings back nice memories of original Dragonball.Lol'd at Goku,when he ignored Piccolo and used the poor turtle for practice.It seems that Beerus will also make his move.
Oct 16, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
I like how they are incorporating old characters in dragon super... who new master roshi had that kind of technique.... it loses the purpose as to why it wasn't used before though.... anyway great episode though
Oct 16, 2016 8:26 AM

Apr 2014
i really wasnt expecting them to bring back that skill at all lol but also i was getting hyped that they was gonna try fusion when vegeta saw goten and trunks but idk i still feel that might be something that might still happen really looking forward to whats to happen next
"one step at a time"
Oct 16, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2014
Can we all just agree Future Trunks is a badass?

Fighting both Zamasu and Black while Goku and Vegeta go back in time to find a solution to defeat those two.
Oct 16, 2016 8:43 AM
Dec 2014
Mafuba is the only realistic way to win against someone immortal.
Oct 16, 2016 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
The action animation went back to being its old sucky self again in this episode. Such disappointment right after Trunks's epic power-up. This whole episode was pretty boring, though I did like the Mafuba training session.
Oct 16, 2016 9:30 AM
Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, nice to see Piccolo, Goten, Chi Chi, and Roshi, next weeks episode seems to be better animated, and it seems like we're most likely not going to get an explanation on Trunks' transformation.
Oct 16, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
I did not expect to see Goku and Vegeta to retreat again!
Oct 16, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
haha, wow. can't believe they're bringing back the mafuba/evil containment wave. awesome.
loghneckbeardOct 16, 2016 9:53 AM
Oct 16, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2016
ok, so I'm giving the fact all the gods are dead, they are supporting trunks cause ****

so, very much, savagery... poor piccolo (but not his dad, those three ****s were all shocked about his ****ing dad?!), poor vegeta (bulma... you are a horrible person ;-;), ISNT THE TURTLE 1000 YEARS OLD?! OMG......

So Beerus is salty, wonder how things will turn out on his side.

Alos the seal makes sense, everytime there is this type of enemy they have done this, in other animes too. (Cell and Buu were not immortal thanks to the dragon balls)

Oct 16, 2016 9:51 AM
Jul 2014
Bringing it back bringing it back original dragonball style, the mafuba was like the last thing on my mind even though it makes sense
Oct 16, 2016 10:05 AM
Dec 2010
Even Goku plays Pokemon Go now.
Oct 16, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
*Sigh* why didn't they use it when cell was here? why didn't they use it when buu was there? they could have prevented so many deaths.
it's dumb that they brought it up NOW!!!
Oct 16, 2016 11:10 AM

May 2012
Whatever they do, PLEASE bring back Gohan! He HAS to be mad at how useless he is when shit goes down now. And even more so when he realized these things were happening while he was just kickin back with the fam. Bring back the prodigy/ Strongest Saiyajin! They're showing Future Trunks with power when hes mad, Goku fighting equally with Black when hes mad, and Vegeta fighting beerus mad when he slapped bulma... But GOHAN is the ORIGINAL hidden power comes out when mad!! PLEASE Gohan.
Oct 16, 2016 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, very surprised the Mafuba returns... That's some classic stuff right there. Doesn't the user of that technique die, though? I seriously doubt that it will work on beings as strong as Black or even Zamasu, but it's Akiras writing, so... bullshit will happen, I guess... Also, it doesn't make sense that Piccolo suddenly thinks of the Mafuba now despite never mentioning it in the Cell or Buu arc... Whatever.

Regarding the fusion thing... I dunno, it would also feel lazy. Vegeta never did the fusion dance in a canon DB story and when they used the potaras last time, they destroyed it afterwards. I guess they don't want to stay Vegito forever. On the other hand Vegeta was embarrassing himself so much in Super that doing the fusion dance shouldn't be too much of an issue for him :P

I still can't get over those time travel inconsistencies, though... Black exists because Goku fought against Zamasu but Goku only went to Zamasu because Trunks came from the future because Black exists >.< Also... how can there be three Zamasus (Black, the invulnerable one and the one Beerus killed) when only two timelines are involved? Who was the one who got killed?

The arc started off very well, but I'm starting to feel some doubt about this staying a good arc :/
Oct 16, 2016 11:12 AM
Oct 2016
Creepy_Noire_fan said:
*Sigh* why didn't they use it when cell was here? why didn't they use it when buu was there? they could have prevented so many deaths.
it's dumb that they brought it up NOW!!!

You could say the same about Kaio-ken as well, since both techniques were previously stated to be too straining on a fighter's body to be used but now Goku is supposedly strong enough to use them both. I think maybe Toei might be suggesting Toriyama digs up some old techniques for the fans to get excited over seeing the return of them, wheras in the manga there were lots of techniques that got forgotten about and left behind because Toriyama was always trying to fill it with new ideas.

Anyway, as for Trunks' new form I'm starting to think it might not be a new form at all, in fact the slightly blue aura makes it look like he's simply infused some God Ki into SSJ2, maybe if a fighter spends enough time battling a god (in this case, Zamasu) they might be able to use some God Ki, which might explain how Vegeta got SSJB offscreen.
Oct 16, 2016 11:15 AM

May 2015
I think Black is going to escape the Mafuba... I think he is going to see the technique when used against Zamasu rendering the second try ineffective (element of surprise is lost) unless he is fused but I see no chance of that happening he is very arrogant and doesn’t want to share his Goku-power he wants it all to himself and he also thinks it is enough for ruling the Universe (that's why he didn’t wish for immortality [his only flaw]) Goku & Co. needs to exploit that…

small44 said:
Mafuba is the only realistic way to win against someone immortal.
I agree... Mafuba technique is the only feasible way to deal with Zamasu immortality... the Super Dragon Balls are destroyed (Can’t cancel or nullify the Immortality wish)...

DTUB said:
Alos the seal makes sense, everytime there is this type of enemy they have done this, in other animes too. (Cell and Buu were not immortal thanks to the dragon balls)
This...
Oct 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2013
After everyone took a chill pill (like seriously, everyone was screaming this episode), the technique used from almost 2 decades ago is the secret technique to deal with Zamasu. I didn't see it coming but I am impressed that they would resort to it. Even Master Roshi got involved in this haha
Oct 16, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
Why don't goku and vegeta just use fusion?
Oct 16, 2016 12:03 PM

Oct 2012
Very interesting and unpredictable turn with the mafuba. Seriously never saw that one coming. Like most people here, I'm suspecting it will only work for Zamasu but not Black, and they will have to figure out some other way of defeating Black.

And the long wait for next week's episode begins again...
Oct 16, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2015
Woooohooo mafuba is back. Fuck yea! Good old times. :)

Next episode will be good (preview).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 16, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2012
Bringing back the Mafuba and Piccolo Daimao sealing was very nostalgic.
Oct 16, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2016
It seems like Vegeta will beat the crap out of Zamasu and Black, he is gonna do the fighting now, and that will be good, more love for Vegeta.

At first, I was disappointed about the mafuba idea too but if you think about it, Zamasu is immortal, and if he fuse with Black after Vegeta kick their a**, we don't know what might happen, so I think sealing them will be the solution~
Oct 16, 2016 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
That cheesy mafuba trick better not work.

Oct 16, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
Trunks was able to hold them off with his new power.
I doubt mafuba will work lol, but worth a try haha
Still waiting for Goku and Vegeta to get another power up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

73 by Hayley2877 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 83 Discussion

Hyack - Mar 25, 2017

46 by Hayley2877 »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

54 by Hayley2877 »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 81 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

94 by Hayley2877 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2017

105 by Hayley2877 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.