Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that...was interesting.

For most parts, I think they got the usual Kakeru and Naho drama/chemistry right for the finale. That's also one hell of an embrace. So long!

For most parts, this was actually pretty faithful to the manga, not much change in dialogues either. Pacing is slow but that was expected given the content didn't have many chapters to begin with. Most of the dialogues and narratives are what I enjoyed the most from the show. 7/10. Wish they put effort into the animation at some episodes. Happy ending though :D
Stark700Sep 25, 2016 8:43 AM
Sep 25, 2016 8:52 AM

Sep 2012
I forgot it was a longer episode before the cast talk so I thought we were getting the bad end for a minute there!

Oh and a movie announced! Out November 18th!
Sep 25, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
I gave the manga a 10/10 because it hit me with the hardest feels I've ever had, but due to the poor animation in a few of the episodes, I probably won't give this higher than an 8.
Objectively, the series could be a lot better, but until another manga/anime deals so openly with suicide and does it better, I'm going to give it a high rating
Sep 25, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
CONCLUSION-
While future timeline Naho ended up with Suwa,parallel timeline Naho at last,got the happy ending with Kakeru :)
R_TFSep 25, 2016 10:29 AM
Sep 25, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2016
@hpulley What's the film about?cut off from the anime series or anything new?
Sep 25, 2016 10:08 AM
Dec 2015
Pretty faithful adaption. Somehow it reminds me of Erased. Too bad there's no epilogue to this timeline.There's a live action adaption though and I might check it out.
Sep 25, 2016 10:12 AM
May 2016
voidepression said:
Pretty faithful adaption. Somehow it reminds me of Erased. Too bad there's no epilogue to this timeline.

Reminds me of Erased too. I'm not sure how I feel about the happy ending though. It seems to dismiss the depth of depression you feel when you are truly suicidal by having it be negated so easily. (I've been there so I speak from experience). Then again, I'm still here and so is Kakeru, so maybe it's a legit ending after all.
Sep 25, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
R_TF said:
@hpulley What's the film about?cut off from the anime series or anything new?

The film will focus on Suwa in the timeline where Kakeru died when he was 17. The film is based on the spin-off manga (which hasn't been released yet).
Sep 25, 2016 10:16 AM

Mar 2016
The story was amazing but the animation was just terrible for the majority of the time.

Definitely not a must watch but the manga is a must read.

6.5/10
Vacu0usSep 25, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 25, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
@kaguraa_'s More of a OVA,isn't it?
Sep 25, 2016 10:19 AM
Dec 2015
LMA said:
voidepression said:
Pretty faithful adaption. Somehow it reminds me of Erased. Too bad there's no epilogue to this timeline.

Reminds me of Erased too. I'm not sure how I feel about the happy ending though. It seems to dismiss the depth of depression you feel when you are truly suicidal by having it be negated so easily. (I've been there so I speak from experience). Then again, I'm still here and so is Kakeru, so maybe it's a legit ending after all.
Maybe we should take sometimes of this genre of anime for a while. I can relate to Kakeru's mood swing, but at least he always got his friends to support him.
Sep 25, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
Of course Kakeru survives this time

Pretty good anime adaption

Sep 25, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
R_TF said:
@kaguraa_'s More of a OVA,isn't it?

The two sources I've checked says film though and that it'll be out November 18th.

Source 1: http://natalie.mu/comic/news/203036

Source 2: http://natalie.mu/comic/news/203036
Sep 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
The first episode was stunning, the others ... not impressive
I think I expected too much since manga's reviews are positives. It was still a good ride but I give this a 6/10, biggest disappointment this season.
weird plot, unbearable main characters, animation problems
Sep 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
And so Kakeru is saved, destined to be together with Naho and his friends forever. So this series was...not very good. My main concern going in was feeling bad for Suwa and sure enough, that feeling endured to the end. To some extent anyway. Suwa deserved better was my slogan throughout my viewing experience. As it went on though and Naho continued to act like a dumbass, with little to no growth at all, and Kakeru continued to act obnoxious as all hell, understandably or not, I slowly realized Suwa got the best treatment afterall, in a sense. Never has a supporting character been so head and shoulders above the two leads in a series like this I've watched. Hell, only Hagita even came remotely close to being as good and likeable a character as Suwa in the entire series. That aside it was...okay? Animation/character models looked very bad at times, the ultimate outcome was never really in any question, the rationalization behind certain potential plot holes like not trying to save Kakeru's mom felt shallow and contradictory(to say nothing of the explanation behind the letters getting there in the first place)and...yeah. Generous 6/10
Sep 25, 2016 10:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
7/10

Great finale though.

It was really lacking in every aspect though from episode 8 or 9 until 12. That really put the anime down.
Sep 25, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2016
@kaguraa_'s Mate,the whole article is written in Japanese :(
I wonder how they're going to animate this spinoff,hope we get better animation than this series.
Sep 25, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
"Let's destroy his bike" now that's an idea that might "perfect" to do. LOL
Even so, what Future Hagita said about the "Kakeru didn't die" event occur might make another new "world" appear. Different from the Future had already have is... WOW. He do have point there. What's done is done.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 25, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2011
Very hard to sympathize with these characters when they're all so obnoxious and generic, except Suwa which is best bro.
7/10
Sep 25, 2016 10:29 AM

Jun 2014
Glad to see a happy ending, but this show had quite a few issues...

5/10
alpha_shadowSep 25, 2016 10:33 AM
:3
Sep 25, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
R_TF said:
@kaguraa_'s Mate,the whole article is written in Japanese :(
I wonder how they're going to animate this spinoff,hope we get better animation than this series.

Here's an article from ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-25/orange-time-travelling-manga-gets-anime-sequel-film-written-by-creator/.106877

And the film will probably have better animation since films usually have a higher budget than series.
Sep 25, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2015
7/10 pretty sure I gave the manga a 9.
Sep 25, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2016
@kaguraa_'s Thanks,the spinoff will be more like from Suwa's point of view and it was foreseeable,considering the response he got from the fans,Suwa was like what rem was to RE:ZERO.

Anyway,a successful year for orange,from live action film to anime adaptation and finally a spin-off.
Sep 25, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Naho and the others were able to save Kakeru!
Sep 25, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, I'm glad that it was an extended episode cause I didn't know if they would be able to cover the last two chapters well enough in just 24 minutes.

Expected turn of events throughout the episode, The confession between Kakeru and Naho at school was really sweet.

The post truck scene was really emotional and everyone hurdling up after saving Kakeru was very heartwarming.

Hagita is the real savior since he trashed the bike. XD
Soundtrack was fantastic.

Overall, I don't think the anime matched upto the manga despite being a very faithful adaptation and I appreciate them for sticking to the manga through and through. I'm sure I was way more emotional when I read the manga, Perhaps the story's impact can be felt the most only the first time or maybe it was the fact that the pacing was much faster in the anime, They had to cut out a fair amount of monologues and rely more on visual imagery. That being said I still enjoyed this a lot, Loved all the characters, Art and animation did drop a few episodes but that wasn't too much of a problem for me. Though for anyone wanting to get into Orange I think I'd definitely recommend the manga over the anime.

8/10 , Sequel film should be interesting.
Lelouch0202Sep 25, 2016 10:55 AM
Sep 25, 2016 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
Orange dont call me pls.
Sep 25, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2016
Well it's a win-win to Suwa and Kakeru, they both end up with Naho (even I still didn't know if Kakeru will marry Naho or not in this parallel world).
So, this title, Orange, is from those scene, sunset, am I right?
Even if this episode is great, but it didn't make me cried, not even shed a tear. I think it needs more impact, but I don't know what it is. Even I cried when I watched
, but this is not, when it should. But still, overall is great.
Sep 25, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
The ending was......a bit predictable...though im happy kakeru is still alive...i still feel bad for suwa T.T..
Sep 25, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Went into this series blind.
This series had its moments, and while its more focused on dialogue, feels and char development.. I still feel as though this was stretched.. would've been better as a 2 part movie or something.. and maybe because I'm older, I don't feel the pull of emotions as much.
It's pretty linear in that this 'rescue mission' is eventually gonna be a success, with some bumps along the way to fill up the time, but thanks to that, the element of surprise/plot twists is gone, so it really needed to deliver a strong punch/impact with regards to dialogue and char interactions, but I think it struggled a little.
The voice actors did a good job, and the choice of BGMs were ok, and with regards to the characters, they did a decent job capturing the emotions and thoughts of school students, but going into this, I expected a bit more.

6/10 from me. Was gonna give it 5, but the start was good, and I love the ED :D
walldotfmSep 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 25, 2016 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
Not bad for a last episode.

Overall it had a nice start, but it lost me at some point.

The character interactions were often wooden, the way they dealt with the issue was iffy; it felt like they were slaves to the letters, and the relationship development was borderline tiresome.

It feels like it wasn't focused on what it wanted to do, but it managed to not crumble.

5.5/10 could have been better
Sep 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
we will never know if Naho and suwa will be together in this universe.... I wish they are even with Kakeru around...... I ship those two so much
Sep 25, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2009
these kids... are they the most evil being in all of anime? They have the ability to warn a parallel world of the dangers of evil men. They could have stopped Hitler. But instead they save the life of this one loser who got sad about stuff. What monsters. And failing to stop evil makes them just as evil, if not more. These people are monsters. This is a cautionary tale, l hope, and not a tale celebrating avarice and strife. The souls of all those who witnessed this abortion has been darkened by it. Attempting any more meaning from this filth would further stagnate the world for a generation.
Sep 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
The outcome of this series was expected, but I think it would have been really interesting if Kakeru still died even after all of their efforts. I like this happy ending we got, but it would have been an unexpected twist for Kakeru to still end up dying after we've been continuously led to believe they'd save him.

Overall I really liked this show. Of course it had its fair share of problems, like the horrible animation from several episodes ago, that BS explanation about how they sent the letters, and the fact that we didn't get to see all of their future selves together (ok that one is a personal nitpick), but I still liked it enough to give it a 7/10.

Also, good shit from Hagita, destroying Kakeru's bike. No one took his suggestion seriously but that was probably the biggest reason why they were able to save Kakeru. I'm gonna miss that guy, he was pretty hilarious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 25, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
yeah good last episode. overall too many flaws. still a 7/10 though.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 25, 2016 11:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The art was shit for the most part once we got in the second half but meh, that's the least of my worries

I'm happy that they faithfully adapted the manga into anime form and I loved the performances made by all of the seiyuu involved in this series

Great finale overall
Sep 25, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty good show, it was a little too cringe at times but that was kind of hard to avoid, the only thing i wish they did was a 10 year timejump to see if naho and kakeru actually got married D: but even so i give it a 8/10
Sep 25, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2010
Im just gonna say for those who still wondering or feeling something missing.. you should read the manga. at least like 2 last chapter.. most of adaption especially anime always missing the details anyway.. the manga might explain a little bit more of it :>
Sep 25, 2016 11:41 AM
May 2016
Naho never kiss Kakeru?
We didnt see Kakeru after 10 years?
We dont see a clear future?

So this is an open ending?

I really was looking foward to see kakeru after 10 years....So that mean that there is a possibility that Suwa end up with Naho....Interesting

By the way....Hagita LITERALLY save Kakeru, there is not way that he could stop with a bike. The real hero fo this story. Breaking Bikes is how you save people
Sep 25, 2016 11:42 AM
May 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
The outcome of this series was expected, but I think it would have been really interesting if Kakeru still died even after all of their efforts. I like this happy ending we got, but it would have been an unexpected twist for Kakeru to still end up dying after we've been continuously led to believe they'd save him.

Overall I really liked this show. Of course it had its fair share of problems, like the horrible animation from several episodes ago, that BS explanation about how they sent the letters, and the fact that we didn't get to see all of their future selves together (ok that one is a personal nitpick), but I still liked it enough to give it a 7/10.

Also, good shit from Hagita, destroying Kakeru's bike. No one took his suggestion seriously but that was probably the biggest reason why they were able to save Kakeru. I'm gonna miss that guy, he was pretty hilarious.

If after all the effort Kakeru still dies, taht would be really frustrating and a message that means ''Hey, you cant save people, no matter how you much try!'' hahaha
Sep 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Good ride after all although doesn't really like Naho. Kakeru being saved is predictable. It shouldn't be happy ending (Yeah because I want this end with tragic end, but whatever).

Still giving it 7/10. The animation is sometime joke but the drama is handled well. The soundtrack is good for setting the mood of the series.

Also BIG BRO SUWA. He should deserve happiness though. He has been sacrificed for them so much.

Still wonder if Naho in the future really want her past in another timeline end up with Kakeru
Sep 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
Why is the episode soooo long?
Ffff.
It's like two episodes in one.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Sep 25, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
didnt think it was really necessary to tell Kakeru about their letters.
and instead of waiting at the stoplight, it wouldve been much more effective to loiter outside his house and physically stop him from leaving.

but nice 38min ending episode. didnt even notice it until about 30min in thinking, "this is getting a little long.."
Sep 25, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2016
Rayckon said:
The most important question is...What happened to the truck's driver??? Was he injured or something? I mean, he/she was one of the best characters, he/she almost killed Kakeru.

PD: Hagita only likable character.

he drove off man didnt you see! how could you miss my favorite characters final scene :(
Sep 25, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
Definitely didn't feel like a 40 min episode. It was so good I lost track of time lol. Such a great ending. :)
Sep 25, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
I legit thought this won't succeed to make me cry for real.

Mission completed. Well done, everyone.

8/10
Sep 25, 2016 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
Great ending, I love the anime. Can't wait for the movie already. I'm only sad that it's so short - would be awesome to see the letters in the future and a lot more stuff.

11/10. I'm happy that Kakeru didn't died at the end, well done Suwa, Naho, Hagita, Takako and Azusa.

Kakeru!
Sep 25, 2016 12:07 PM

May 2013
Good adaptation though the manga is definitely better. Since we're getting a movie which will be some sort of a recap but it's from Suwa's POV instead, do you guys think the new scenes that we'll be getting from the movie is about Future Suwa or would it be about Future Kakeru?
Sep 25, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2014
Despite rather uneven animation quality and occasional moments of Naho acting like an idiot, I can say I was satisfied with Orange. The characters were great, and the drama pretty solid. Its not a series for everyone (I still think that Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is still the best Shoujo romance of this year), but it was a quality production through and through.

8/10
Sep 25, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
revya_ragnarok said:
Im just gonna say for those who still wondering or feeling something missing.. you should read the manga. at least like 2 last chapter.. most of adaption especially anime always missing the details anyway.. the manga might explain a little bit more of it :>

the last 2 chapter got adapted pretty accurate actually
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2013
Nitralon said:
thebrentinator24 said:

If after all the effort Kakeru still dies, taht would be really frustrating and a message that means ''Hey, you cant save people, no matter how you much try!'' hahaha

I was hoping for a bad ending as well, but you're right, that wouldn't have been a good way to end it. It would crossed the line into pure sadism and the ending is still sort of depressing if you think about the first world. That scene with Naho imagining Kakeru as a happy child really got to me.

I look forward to reading the manga, will miss this show.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

247 by venbals »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

223 by venbals »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

231 by patkarunungan »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 25, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.