Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Never underestimate Tennouji~

So we got him fighting in the finale although there's also more focus on Kotori. Not sure how I feel about the emotional impact she had when confronting Kagari in the past. The show hasn't done a good job at expressing that for certain characters.

Kagari's VA did a pretty good job at her role this episode imo. The despair and pain..with Tennouji trying to save her (found some moments slightly more comical though).

Really hope S2 will be better.
Stark700Sep 24, 2016 9:14 AM
Sep 24, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2015
2nd season confirmed

Sep 24, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
Flaming example of great potential ruined due to rushed, and compressed, writing.

As for the second season, kinda apathetic considering how well they butchered the VN with this anime.
Sep 24, 2016 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
I wasn't expecting the series to be good but still... I really dislike the arc to come so I guess I'll not bother with a second season.
Sep 24, 2016 9:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... you kinda felt like it could have been a good finale if they'd just done prior things properly. As is... not really

Hopefully Moon and Terra will be better, at least this time it shouldn't be anime original and the pacing should be a lot more appropriate
Sep 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
7/10

It was good overall. If it wasn't for episodes 11 and 12 i would have rated this with an 8.

Had some bad stuff like rushing and ugly artstyle but it ended resuming the most important stuff for Moon and Terra.
Murasa22Feb 9, 2017 9:36 PM
Sep 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
First, most inappropriate boob grab ever? XD Second, well that's it. They're all dead. The End. XD You know, I was wondering how they were gonna wrap this all up cohesively in one final episode. Especially considering how rushed and overstuffed last episode was. As it turns out...they never planned to! XD I definitely wasn't expecting a second season with how rushed this end felt, but I guess it makes sense given the sheer size of the source material. And...I guess I'll watch it. This series was...alright. Certainly rushed as said, but the leads were likeable enough, mostly. Best-girl Kotori was awesome, and Kagari very fun when she gained a personality in episode 8. Club President's whole reincarnation shtick was the only thing I didn't really like among them. I feel like time management could have been handled better. And too many things just happened because. CGI monsters ranged from laughable to ok. 6/10, hopefully season 2's ending isn't quite so...bleak.
Sep 24, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, the last epsiode isn't terrible. Episode 12 was like 2/10 material, but the last few minutes of ths episode were pretty good. It actually felt like Rewrite again.

Seeing all the characters ascend was a great scene. I teared up at Kotori and Chibimoth's scene. ;_;

The rest of the episode wasn't that good, but eh, that was kinda expected.

If S2 is anything like the last few minutes of the last episode, then I wouldn't mind watching it. But the rest of this anime, especially episode 8-12, were just horrible. The first episode was rushed, but still showed potential for the rest of the anime and it was actually my favorite episode.
The animation in the premiere was great too, which you can kind of see back in this episode. However, the art and animation is the other episodes rangd from pretty good to absolutely fucking awful.

Highlights were definitely the Kotori scenes in episode 1 and Shizuru's flashback in, I believe, episode 4. Episode 7 was also pretty cool, but it wasn't the turning point in story it was supposed to be.

3/5 for this episode and 4/10 for the anime.
Sep 24, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
so this season just one tree of possibility on moon

what did this kagari on s1 for? just for joke and some fanservice

thats was longest AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i ever heard

i knew it esaka remember (?) something for original game
Into the Internet!
Sep 24, 2016 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
I loved the final but... come on!!! why they have to put a grab boob at that moment? a kiss could be much better than that thing 9/10 to 8/10 therefore and well... let's wait for next season and maybe of another 13 episodes but it's going to have Moon and Terra or only Moon? xD

Edit: ok just now I read S2 is going to be Moon and Terra xd
Sep 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Well that ep was a massive mix of lots of things. It had utter shitty stuff and it had some actually great scenes.

The oppai grope stopping Kagari was facepalm inducing. Totally didn't expect them to end it with everyone dying :O Makes sense I guess. Action was a clusterfuck

Seeing Moon Kagari seeing this timeline end and tearing up was sad :(

The Esaka fight was actually not bad. Loved how they used Kotarou's beginning of the game monologue at the start. The scene where everyone was disappearing was really nice esp Lucia, Shizuru, Chihaya and esp Kotori ;_; Chibimoth D:

As for S2 I'm actually hyped. I knew this will be exactly like Grisaia
Season1 was shit but when they adapted Rakuen it was great. Terra should be the same ^^ It's way easier to adapt than a bunch of routes
Sep 24, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
There are so many problems this season that is hard to list all of them.

1- Animation quality is too inconsistent
2- CGI was overused and mishandled. It was mixed with animation in a terrible way most of the time. Episode 12 was a CGI disaster.
3- Rushed. Actually, it feels sometimes the dialog was at 2x of the original speed. It seems like they got the voice actors records and sped up in a computer.
4- Script problems. Many to remember. I will give the most disturbing ones that I remember.
4a - Complete destroys any build-up tension and dark vibes by using unecessary jokes at serious moments.
4b - Schizophrenic character introduction in the first episodes
4c - Forced drama. Mainly because it didn't have time to introduce the characters background properly or didn't have the time to build-up tension. Using jokes when it wasn't the time didn't help either.
4d - Main Character Cast were too big for 13eps. It should be reduced. As much as I like Lucia, this adaptation should be focusing only on Kotori and Kagari POV if the budget was so limited.
4e - Many new plot holes (VN has some of them). It seems Tensho didn't read the novel and Key staff completely bail from this adaptation.
4f - They have the final scene with Moon Kagari and the time lines. They have the concept right, but why didn't they use it properly to make a good adaptation with all routes?

Episode 13 feels more like a recap than anything. They fast-forward all tension/fight between Gaia and Guardian.

In my opinion, it is clear that it was not planned beforehand, be the the budget, script, schedule or staff to handle it.
Sep 24, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
These scenes were pretty f'd up

Sep 24, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2015
Barion-Zara said:

Nah, still garbage.
Sep 24, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2015
Barion-Zara said:

the only problem did akane do that? why she move curse faster
Into the Internet!
Sep 24, 2016 10:20 AM
Jun 2014
She wanted to delay Salvation by killing Sakura Kashima and stopping the Song of Destruction temporarily, but killing Sakura caused her to be possessed by her memories and desires much more strongly than before and she continued the Song.
Sep 24, 2016 10:24 AM
Jan 2009
Given the 1st opening I was actually expecting Tennouji to survive. Ah well.

Not excited at all by the announcement of the moon/terra season.
For starter I have little faith in its quality, also I doubt that any anime watcher will ever be able to understand the plot of S2.
Sep 24, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Shizuru come to the rescue and perfect timing too. But Gil and Pani, everyone... damn it. I should not cry for this series.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 24, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
It was obviously not the best thing (well far from it), rushed, inconsistent animation and random comedy sometimes, but still i enjoyed it. Didn't expect in the end it to be a bad ending (i consider it as a bad one). So the 2nd season was confirmed, not hyped just will watch it. I assume that it will be another route (or couple), it was kinda strange that this was the first ending, but mb it was to show how the outcome could've been changed.
Sep 24, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
I'm going to give my overall thoughts on the S1 of Rewrite
I find the anime to be enjoyable for being 13 episodes. There were a lot of problems with the anime but I accepted them because of the episode count and the budget they have. The characters are like the VN counterparts for most parts with a few off-character moments. But others they got more characterization then they got from the VN (Sakura and Midou.) There were a lot of animation derps. The sound directing was not really good being the sound director first time. The story is pretty understandable from a Visual Novel reader for the most part. First half of the S1 was from the VN with couple elements from heroine routes like Shizuru and Lucia. I find the anime original route enjoyable. Although there were some bad moments but it was fast paced since 13 episodes so I accepted it. For overall I find the anime enjoyable
7/10.

M y thoughts on episode 13 I found it good. It didn't feel rushed as other episodes from the anime although there were parts were skipped like that big familiar we saw this episode
and the beginning the episode with Kotarou giving a monologue of whats happening showing it like a slideshow. The fight scene between Esaka and Kotarou there was a hint with Esaka saying to Kotarou about the past. That scene Shizuru comes in was good to save Kotarou. Then we got a piece from Terra with Kotori telling Kotarou about him being a familiar. Then we got a mixture of Salvation of three routes in VN. Overall I found the episode good.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 24, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
Nope. After I've got so much rushed as hell scenes here and there as if I'm watching a sped up conversation, I can't see myself going bias on this given Rewrite is my most favorite visual novel.

Lots of stuff happened randomly, to the point it goes clusterfuck, at least DEEN's F/SN portrayed better than this shit. Also, it feels the story is trying so hard to be complex like C3 and of course it's not a good thing.

The only thing I could praise on this show is episode 3, the rest, bullshit and nothing worth praising with all those every random stuff happen and it gets done within 3-5 minutes then switch to another stuff. Can you see how awfully fucked up and rushed is it?

Also, LOOK, SHE GOES SANE AFTER HER BOOBS GETTING TOUCHED, BOOBS TOTALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

Meh... Why 2nd season happened? At least, we're not going anime original anymore so we won't get another clusterfuck like this.

Sep 24, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
I remember when this anime was first announced last year and there was so much hype surrounding it. And what do you know, it ended up not living up to the hype...it didn't even come close. This anime ended up boring me more than entertaining me, and there were other problems like the cringeworthy CGI and the forced comedy. Like seriously, they just HAD to put a boob grab and have him get slapped at THAT particular moment? But then that immediately stopped the catastrophe that was taking place up until that moment (temporarily), because that makes sense. Ridiculous. I suppose I'll go ahead and watch the second season but I'm not going to expect much from it. And I said this in the actual second season announcement forum, but I'll say it again here: if they were going to do a second season, why did they rush this one in the first place?
thebrentinator24Sep 24, 2016 10:40 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 24, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
VanishingKira said:

Now the question on my mind though is,if they were going to have a second season then why the fuck did they rushed through this first season?

Because the second season is for the True route of the whole story. At least we'll be having a REAL ADAPTATION.

They can't adapt the heroines routes so they go full bullshit anime original that can fit 13 episodes but still it failed miserably.

Sep 24, 2016 10:33 AM

May 2016
Why is there a second season when everyone is dead?.... or are they going to get asspulled back to life Aldnoah Zero style?
Sep 24, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2014
Well I don't really know what to think, I went into this show expecting a good deal since there's a lot of praise for the VN but I guess I'm gonna have to say that it was quite underwhelming. Then again I do see a lot of people claiming it's a horrible adaptation and they butchered a lot of stuff.

I didn't really have any emotional attachment to the cast, I'm guessing they tried to develop too many characters in the short span. The last scene with everyone disappearing as beautiful and bittersweet as it was supposed to be, I didn't really feel anything strong towards it. The show kept switching focus from one character to the other too often that the whole friendship among the main cast felt very superficial, Even during the scene where Koutarou rejects the idea of killing Kagari, I find it odd that he cares or rather has so much affection towards her when their relationship didn't feel all that deep, I mean she became prominent only towards the 3rd quarter of the show. I guess the way they tried to flesh out the characters and their relationships just didn't click for me, perhaps with the exception of Koutarou and Kotori.

The story was kinda all over the place the last few episodes, I understood the basic premise but the development over it was sort of chaotic I guess? Didn't completely get all the plot points and there are still a lot of unanswered questions.
So basically our finale is with everyone disappearing and the world being rewritten to a primordial state? That's basically it? Cause from what I read above the 2nd season will be adapting a different arc.

Well despite all my issues, I still enjoyed the show a fair bit.
6/10 I'll watch the 2nd season, Will try to play the VN by then so I get a better idea.
Sep 24, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Why is there a second season when everyone is dead?.... or are they going to get asspulled back to life Aldnoah Zero style?

Anime-only, huh?
Sep 24, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2016
Barion-Zara said:

Seeing Moon Kagari seeing this timeline end and tearing up was sad :(

This absolutely did it for me! That freaking moon route teaser!

...Here's hoping they don't fuck up moon/terra.
Sep 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Nope. After I've got so much rushed as hell scenes here and there as if I'm watching a sped up conversation, I can't see myself going bias on this given Rewrite is my most favorite visual novel.

Lots of stuff happened randomly, to the point it goes clusterfuck, at least DEEN's F/SN portrayed better than this shit. Also, it feels the story is trying so hard to be complex like C3 and of course it's not a good thing.

The only thing I could praise on this show is episode 3, the rest, bullshit and nothing worth praising with all those every random stuff happen and it gets done within 3-5 minutes then switch to another stuff. Can you see how awfully fucked up and rushed is it?

Also, LOOK, SHE GOES SANE AFTER HER BOOBS GETTING TOUCHED, BOOBS TOTALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

Meh... Why 2nd season happened? At least, we're not going anime original anymore so we won't get another clusterfuck like this.

Are you sure with 8bit and Motoki "Nonsense" Tanaka on the board?
Sep 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like my inner sadist has been satisfied right now because everyone died in the end. I mean I haven't played this VN or know anything about the source because the most entertaining part of this series for me was the dialogue between the characters. That ending, just...for some reason it is glorious just for the fate of the human race. Anywho, wondering what the second season will bring. I'd give this show about a 6 out of 10.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 24, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2016
Ok the finale wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i did tear due to the VN kotori route throwback.
The animation was better with a few derps.

Second season announced with 11 episodes so Moon/terra will happen and it should be much better due to the fact they actually follow the original content and have enough episodes to not rush it.
Hopefully its much better then this disappointment imo.
Overall 6-6.5/10
Episode 12 made me drop from a 7 and previous episodes just made my score drop.

Sep 24, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
This episode could be excellent if the 90% of the scenes hadn't been offscreen. Well, it was only 24 min.

What may I say... Romeo, 8-bit and Tensho got a new hater. I was prepared to hate Key too, but after Harmonia, I can't hate them.

I will watch the second season anyways, because it's unlikely to adapt badly.
Sep 24, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
ok I am totally confused ...what happened...Can someone care to explain
Sep 24, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I don't think it doesn't matter, as long as there will be no anime originals. Rakuen adaptation is simply copy-paste, so it should be easy for them to do the same thing.

Sep 24, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
ibraheem234 said:
ok I am totally confused ...what happened...Can someone care to explain

Don't bother asking. It's already mindfucking anime despite I, who played the visual novel, did not understand anything on this anime, particularly on what it's trying to convey.

Sep 24, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I don't think it doesn't matter, as long as there will be no anime originals. Rakuen adaptation is simply copy-paste, so it should be easy for them to do the same thing.

But Rakuen is really shallow/simple compared to Moon/Terra.
Sep 24, 2016 10:47 AM
Apr 2015
My score after the first episode --> 2
My score after episode 13 --> 1
Sep 24, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
Pochi_ said:
This episode could be excellent if the 90% of the scenes hadn't been offscreen. Well, it was only 24 min.

What may I say... Romeo, 8-bit and Tensho got a new hater. I was prepared to hate Key too, but after Harmonia, I can't hate them.

I will watch the second season anyways, because it's unlikely to adapt badly.

Is Harmonia that good?
Sep 24, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2015
ah so everything is a one possible timeline that the kagari from moon was watching no wonder it sucked and everything was so odd and it actually made sense

I'm really disappointed on how they animated sakuya's true form meh
hanakana is great as expected
Sep 24, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Hellscythe76 said:
(...)put a grab boob at that moment? a kiss could be much better than that thing 9/10 to 8/10

Kiss ...
Sep 24, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Tennouji said:

Once again, it doesn't matter if the story's more complex or simple than that, etc. I'm talking about how it will be adapted. 13 episodes is seriously more than enough for Moon and Terra if they'll go copy-paste like what they did to Rakuen.

Sep 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
As a huge fan of the original work, I didn't like this anime at all unfortunately. The first episodes were fine, just adapting the funny scenes from the common route, but when they started messing with the backstories of the heroines and adding them randomly to the anime, that's when I started disliking it, and then Kagari's route itself was so badly written that I just don't know where to begin. The concept of her changing was because a rock from space hit her, her character really had nothing new to her, just a bubbly personality that doesn't fit her. She was mostly just a plot device in the visual novel but it was much better than this because I could actually take her seriously there. And it's not like she got much characterization in the anime either, mostly just fanservice and comedy relief. And what the heck was that, Kotarou touches her boobs and she goes back to normal? They're making a mockery of the end of the world where the visual novel took it quite seriously. If the anime doesn't take itself seriously, we can't be expected to do it. I have no idea how they could screw this up so badly, I knew it would never hold a candle to the original work but come on... the new route didn't offer anything to the franchise either, so it was just a waste of time. This is what happens when you "adapt" something with the only goal in mind being to promote the upcoming "remake" of the visual novel. Random infodumps everywhere since they took all the info from all 5 routes and just randomly placed it anywhere they wanted, and it was rushed beyond belief overall as well. Also a lot of bullshit with no explanation if you didn't read the visual novel, where things are actually explained.

Overall a very disappointing experience. I'm going to watch the Moon and Terra cour just because I'm curious about how much they're gonna change them, since my faith for this staff is abysmal right now.
Sep 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
ChiefViriathus said:
As a huge fan of the original work, I didn't like this anime at all unfortunately. The first episodes were fine, just adapting the funny scenes from the common route, but when they started messing with the backstories of the heroines and adding them randomly to the anime, that's when I started disliking it, and then Kagari's route itself was so badly written that I just don't know where to begin. The concept of her changing was because a rock from space hit her, her character really had nothing new to her, just a bubbly personality that doesn't fit her. She was mostly just a plot device in the visual novel but it was much better than this because I could actually take her seriously there. And it's not like she got much characterization in the anime either, mostly just fanservice and comedy relief. And what the heck was that, Kotarou touches her boobs and she goes back to normal? They're making a mockery of the end of the world where the visual novel took it quite seriously. If the anime doesn't take itself seriously, we can't be expected to do it. I have no idea how they could screw this up so badly, I knew it would never hold a candle to the original work but come on... the new route didn't offer anything to the franchise either, so it was just a waste of time. This is what happens when you "adapt" something with the only goal in mind being to promote the upcoming "remake" of the visual novel. Random infodumps everywhere since they took all the info from all 5 routes and just randomly placed it anywhere they wanted, and it was rushed beyond belief overall as well. Also a lot of bullshit with no explanation if you didn't read the visual novel, where things are actually explained.

Overall a very disappointing experience. I'm going to watch the Moon and Terra cour just because I'm curious about how much they're gonna change them, since my faith for this staff is abysmal right now.

I think this is just the nature of trying to adapt a visual novel either you become Fate and have 101 series and still not cover everything or you try to squeeze as many potentially conflicting storylines into one series.
Sep 24, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
That ending though

Didn't expect such an open ending like that
Sep 24, 2016 11:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
How are they gonna make a second season when this just happened? I guess, i don't understand what's going on, but this finale was actually really good (despite the fucking boob grab WTF you just had to do that there, yeah?).

7/10, close but this finale was good enough.
Sep 24, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Once again, it doesn't matter if the story's more complex or simple than that, etc. I'm talking about how it will be adapted. 13 episodes is seriously more than enough for Moon and Terra if they'll go copy-paste like what they did to Rakuen.

I can agree with Terra but Moon? Don't forget that Tensho is officially an idiot and he clearly doesn't have a slightest idea about Rewrite.
Sep 24, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
UmbraIra said:
ChiefViriathus said:

I think this is just the nature of trying to adapt a visual novel either you become Fate and have 101 series and still not cover everything or you try to squeeze as many potentially conflicting storylines into one series.

The thing is, I've seen it done better, visual novel adaptations that is. It depends on the director, knowing what to cut and what to include, which the staff of Rewrite didn't know anything about. I agree with you that inherently visual novels are very hard to adapt, but it can be done, it just needs a lot of effort. Which wasn't at all displayed in this anime.
Sep 24, 2016 11:12 AM
Dec 2011
I thought it was rather interesting. A very well executed ending.
Sep 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
I forgot to mention on my post.

Yes, I rated this lower than Kajitsu. Despite I like Rewrite way more than Grisaia when it comes to visual novel, sure Kajitsu also suffers extreme rush here and there BUT at least there are proper explanations unlike this Rewrite anime.

If they seriously want to adapt a visual novel (oh wait this is not an adaptation but an anime original) with complex story like this one, they should be MORE THAN PREPARED. If they can't like seriously they really can't based on how I watched this whole shit, they should go simpler and I think you can go a simple story on Rewrite for instance Kotori's route... For God's sake...

Sep 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Tennouji said:

I can agree with Terra but Moon? Don't forget that Tensho is officially an idiot and he clearly doesn't have a slightest idea about Rewrite.

I don't think I'll go bother about the adaptation of Moon because they can simply just give it 2 episodes of Moon. I can see them they really want to focus more on Terra.

Sep 24, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Idk what happened, but I liked the series.
6 or 7 out of 10
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.