Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 21, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Tyrel said:
tsudecimo said:

What do you mean ''Not even'' that phrase doesn't make sense in this context. It's a terrible franchise, saying it's not so is not a basis for an argument or a good reason to quote the post..

That's not really any of your business, and it's not relevant to anything I said.
So you say there's better stuff out there, but won't say? Wut. There was no reason for you to put that statement in then. When you make a statement like this, people will wonder what exactly you think is better.

You just got proven wrong about the sales tanking and yet you're making such claims.

You just side stepped your meaningless ''not even'' remark, with another pointless remark. Better as in unadapted manga or in general? because if it's the latter, than thats a dumb question since I have a list.

Black Cover is a manga worth adapting more than this, it can potentially be more popular, especially in the manga front, which isn't much of an accomplished considering the lukewarm sales for the gintama manga. And with Jump current shortage of longer standing franchises. All hypothetical ofc.

No I wasn't proven wrong. Gintama sales are in decline from previous seasons. That's literally a fact.
Sep 21, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Awwwwwww yisssssss
Sep 21, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2010
Finally some good news
Sep 21, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2015
tsudecimo said:
Black Cover is a manga worth adapting more than this, it can potentially be more popular, especially in the manga front, which isn't much of an accomplished considering the lukewarm sales for the gintama manga. And with Jump current shortage of longer standing franchises. All hypothetical ofc.
black clover adaptation is guaranted... (i mean it's already anounced that it will got ova).. if anything, it would be hinomarou zumou (i also asking why jump hasn't doing anything with this series yet, saiki got 2 with live action and it's after they have 12 volume)...

also, it's not only shueisha that chose gintama will have franchise or not... if they make it, than they still belive it will give them (them in here is gintama production comitee, and shueisha is not alone) profit..

gintama franchise does declining (especial BD sales TV series), but their recording TV rankings is still really high... i doubt they adapting this for only throwing their money...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 21, 2016 5:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ZachM said:
Do now another one will occupy a top 10 slot? Can't they just make it so they all count as one?
should do this with everything that has more than one season then.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
I hope the series ends on a high note, alot of long runners kind of shit the bed in the final act.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 21, 2016 6:34 PM
Dec 2013
Not really surprising... MY GINTAMA FIX SHALL RETURN FINALLY!

NANDESUKA KORE?
Sep 21, 2016 7:56 PM

Feb 2016
Kimi no na wa: pew finally i'm on the top of everyone now.
Gintama: *grin*
Sep 21, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
tsudecimo said:

Black Clover is a terrible manga, a mix of FT and Naruto with some stolen ideas from Bleach. It really needs an adaptation because Jump is losing his hit manga (This year Bleach, Nisekoi, Kochikame and AssClass had ended with Toriko and Gintama ending soon).

The only heavy flagships now are BokunoHero and OnePiece. HQ has a pretty heavy fujoshi fanbase, while Saiki is just taking off thanks to his short series, World Trigger hype has cooled down since the anime ended. That means that only about 1/4th of the magazine has respectable sales. So they are going to give animes to everything they have now for the sake of sales.... Still Black Cloverr is pure shit.
Sep 21, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
SilverDio said:
tsudecimo said:

It really needs an adaptation because Jump is losing his hit manga (This year Bleach, Nisekoi, Kochikame and AssClass had ended with Toriko and Gintama ending soon).

The only heavy flagships now are BokunoHero and OnePiece. HQ has a pretty heavy fujoshi fanbase, while Saiki is just taking off thanks to his short series, World Trigger hype has cooled down since the anime ended. That means that only about 1/4th of the magazine has respectable sales. So they are going to give animes to everything they have now for the sake of sales....

You are telling me things I already know because...?
Sep 21, 2016 9:58 PM

Apr 2015
tsudecimo said:
No I wasn't proven wrong. Gintama sales are in decline from previous seasons. That's literally a fact.

You're really arguing in the wrong category here. Even a kid could figure this out. But let's be drowned in some statistics, shall we?

Avg sales for some franchises.

Bakemonogatari: 80,000 copies
Nisemonogatari: 61,000 copies (24% drop from prev)
Monogatari Second Season: 42,000 copies (31% drop prev)
Owari Monogatari: 28,000 copies (33% prev)

Haikyuu: 25,500 copies
Haikyuu Second Season: 14,500 copies (44% drop from prev)

Gintama: 15,000 copies
Gintama': 12,600 copies (16% drop drom prev)
Gintama Enchousen: 9,200 copies (27% drop from prev)
Gintama (2015): 6400 copies (30% drop from prev)

Later seasons are supposed to sell less than the previous usually. Mainting the sales by volumes for that particular season is the challange. Your tanking sales theory suggests that they should stop Haikyuu as by stats it'd sell around 8000 and sell exponentially less and less, according to stats. But hey, that's not how business works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 10:12 PM

Jul 2016
tsudecimo said:

I was triggered by the mention of a shit story like Black Clover being "more worth adapting" that one of the biggest franchises in Jump. You know, Gintama is one of the most rentable franchises of these times.
Sep 21, 2016 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
Ulquiorra said:
Kimi no na Wa Gin-san.

yaaaas I can stop making my way through last season at a snail's pace now that I know I won't have to wait too long!
Sep 21, 2016 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
SilverDio said:
tsudecimo said:

I was triggered by the mention of a shit story like Black Clover being "more worth adapting" that one of the biggest franchises in Jump. You know, Gintama is one of the most rentable franchises of these times.

Then why did you support my points. Except for what you thought of it's quality which isn't that relevant. Black Clover anime will be significant for it's manga, another Gintama adaptation means practically nothing to it's manga.

Gintama is not one of the biggest Jump franchises lol. What do you mean by ''rentable''?

Edit: Maybe it is one of the biggest. Forgot about the merch and the money the movie brought.
tsudecimoSep 21, 2016 10:45 PM
Sep 21, 2016 10:42 PM

Mar 2015
SilverDio said:
tsudecimo said:

Black Clover is a terrible manga, a mix of FT and Naruto with some stolen ideas from Bleach. It really needs an adaptation because Jump is losing his hit manga (This year Bleach, Nisekoi, Kochikame and AssClass had ended with Toriko and Gintama ending soon).

The only heavy flagships now are BokunoHero and OnePiece. HQ has a pretty heavy fujoshi fanbase, while Saiki is just taking off thanks to his short series, World Trigger hype has cooled down since the anime ended. That means that only about 1/4th of the magazine has respectable sales. So they are going to give animes to everything they have now for the sake of sales.... Still Black Cloverr is pure shit.
i considered black clover as masterpiece, and no, black clover is not mix of naruto and fairy tail only, it using common battle shounen approach in general. and that's a fair share like most series does, even boku no hero... havent check new 3 wsj series popularity my self, but i heard yokusoku no neverland is well received... hope red sprite and love rush well received too... takuen batsu look like in bottom already... axed incoming...

also you forgot samon-kun wa summoner, sesuji wo pin and hinomaru zomou... they also have new kochikame project (even the manga itself ended).. yuuragi-sou no yuuna san look like also gaining popularity...

nothing's change with wsj... even black clover anime adaptation pretty late if you ask me since world trigger, souma and BnHA anounced to get adaptation before reachingt vol 7, when black clover pass it already... (they got jump special first thou, so i think it kinda resemble toriko and gintama, which adapted pretty late but got long run instead)
tsudecimo said:

Then why did you support my points. Except for what you thought of it's quality which isn't that relevant. Black Clover anime will be significant for it's manga, another Gintama adaptation means practically nothing to it's manga.
nothing improvement to manga sales doesn't mean production comitee gain nothing too...
KumaSep 21, 2016 10:55 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 21, 2016 11:04 PM
Feb 2014
Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong cannon is back boys.
Sep 22, 2016 4:52 AM
Dec 2014
tsudecimo said:
SilverDio said:

Gintama is not one of the biggest Jump franchises lol. What do you mean by ''rentable''?

Edit: Maybe it is one of the biggest. Forgot about the merch and the money the movie brought.

You sound really silly. It isn't one of the biggest Jump franchises?....Here's the evidence that it is in fact THE biggest franchise in terms of long running series http://www.someanithing.com/2581
Further evidence is the fact it ranked in the top 5 profitable anime series for TV Tokyo last year.

Yes, it has declined this past season. But when you combine that it's a juggernaut for merchandise and it's still selling reasonably well per volume, you'll come to conclusion that (like me) Gintama is one of the most profitable properties for Jump...after all this time.

Your thoughts aren't supported by any evidence unfortunately. This dumb argument is over.
Sep 22, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
treedude said:
tsudecimo said:

You sound really silly. It isn't one of the biggest Jump franchises?....Here's the evidence that it is in fact THE biggest franchise in terms of long running series http://www.someanithing.com/2581
Further evidence is the fact it ranked in the top 5 profitable anime series for TV Tokyo last year.

Not as silly as not being able to read and comprehend what franchise means. Disc sales doesn't make something ''the biggest franchise''. One Piece is heads and shoulders above Gintama in terms of being a franchise, as disc sales alone don't mean anything. Not only that by they are inherently inferior to TV ratings.

You also might want to read my post before charging towards me with redundant information. I already stated that it's one of the biggest because of the merchandise, and the money from the movie.
Sep 22, 2016 6:54 AM
Dec 2014
tsudecimo said:
treedude said:

Not as silly as not being able to read and comprehend what franchise means. Disc sales doesn't make something ''the biggest franchise''. One Piece is heads and shoulders above Gintama in terms of being a franchise, as disc sales alone don't mean anything. Not only that by they are inherently inferior to TV ratings.

You also might want to read my post before charging towards me with redundant information. I already stated that it's one of the biggest because of the merchandise, and the money from the movie.

Ironic much? You tell me I didn't read your comment properly, yet you don't read mine either....have a look again. I said 'one of the biggest', not 'the biggest'. I'm not comparing it to the juggernaut that is One Piece. That's in a league of its own.

And you contradict your previous comment too. You say it isn't one of the biggest Jump franchises, but then state it is one of the biggest because of merchandise and the films box office gross (which is correct).

The fact still remains there's no point in debating it any further because I showed you the evidence that's it's a highly successful franchise. That's all I'm saying on the matter.
treedudeSep 22, 2016 6:57 AM
Sep 22, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
treedude said:
tsudecimo said:

Ironic much? You tell me I didn't read your comment properly, yet you don't read mine either....have a look again. I said 'one of the biggest', not 'the biggest'. I'm not comparing it to the juggernaut that is One Piece. That's in a league of its own.

And you contradict your previous comment too. You say it isn't one of the biggest Jump franchises, but then state it is one of the biggest because of merchandise and the films box office gross (which is correct).

The fact still remains there's no point in debating it any further because I showed you the evidence that's it's a highly successful franchise. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

treedude said:

Good grief.

It's called an edit. I posted that, then I added an edit after it when I remembered that I saw Gintama ranked high in Merchandise. It wasn't a contradiction, it was me correcting myself.

Debating what? you are literally arguing about something that I already corrected myself on. You are arguing against nothing because I already said what you are pointlessly trying to say.

Next time actually read what you are quoting instead of being defensive over nothing.
Sep 22, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
Im really hyped and hope it will end in great style and believe Gorilla-sensei is capable of this.
TyrelSep 22, 2016 3:56 PM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 22, 2016 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
SilverDio said:
tsudecimo said:

Shokugeki no souma? Haikyuu? Hinomaru-Zumou? I mean Im just listing some u forgotten hehe
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 22, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
All for another Gintama, though I kind of wished they waited until the manga ended. Haven't caught up with it, but last I read it was getting to the ending. Of course that's not assuming Sorachi is trolling again.
Sep 22, 2016 6:21 PM
Dec 2011
The return of best anime confirmed! Anyone knows whether it's a sequel or some 13 ep season which covers the skipped arcs?
Sep 22, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2011
FullmetalCarrot said:
All for another Gintama, though I kind of wished they waited until the manga ended. Haven't caught up with it, but last I read it was getting to the ending. Of course that's not assuming Sorachi is trolling again.
No gintama actually is ending. Though this basically was waiting for it to end, by the time the anime starts the manga will probably be over or nearing its end, they pretty much just have a straight path to the end of the series.

i just hope they budget it better cause my god last season got embarrassing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 23, 2016 5:47 AM

Mar 2014
Shinsuke_Sama said:
The return of best anime confirmed! Anyone knows whether it's a sequel or some 13 ep season which covers the skipped arcs?

Its a complete sequel and likely to end Gintama once and for all sadly but the number of episodes no one knows probably have to wait until the manga fully finish.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 23, 2016 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:

Haven't finished last season yet, it's on my backlog. Didn't know they skimped the budget, pity. One of the things I look forward to the most in Gintama is the quality animation.
Sep 23, 2016 9:08 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
HueyLion said:
SilverDio said:

Shokugeki no souma? Haikyuu? Hinomaru-Zumou? I mean Im just listing some u forgotten hehe

HQ means Haikyuu .
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 23, 2016 10:10 AM

Nov 2013
smh wasting more money on Family Guy tier anime.
Sep 23, 2016 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Wasn't this series ending like 5 months ago? :/
Sep 23, 2016 7:25 PM
Sep 2015
tsudecimo said:
Tyrel said:
So you say there's better stuff out there, but won't say? Wut. There was no reason for you to put that statement in then. When you make a statement like this, people will wonder what exactly you think is better.

You just got proven wrong about the sales tanking and yet you're making such claims.

You just side stepped your meaningless ''not even'' remark, with another pointless remark. Better as in unadapted manga or in general? because if it's the latter, than thats a dumb question since I have a list.

black clover is a total flop atm. Its struggling to get 150k++ sales in a month

gintama has a successful anime. more than jojo even which is dropping in sales more than gintama
Sep 23, 2016 9:31 PM

Jul 2011
Hahahaha, and last season some people were saying that it won't get another season because the sales were "bad" hahaha.

MAL "experts on the medium" are very funny to read.
Sep 23, 2016 11:42 PM

Aug 2014
RIP Kimi no nawa. Anti-Gintama fans will be active again if Gintama dominates the top 10 again XD
Sep 24, 2016 12:24 AM
Dec 2014
FullmetalCarrot said:
JizzyHitler said:

Haven't finished last season yet, it's on my backlog. Didn't know they skimped the budget, pity. One of the things I look forward to the most in Gintama is the quality animation.

They didn't skimp on the budget. It was clear they didn't have enough time or staff to handle the two serious arcs. Though FS actually looked solid for the most part. SA was the major disappointment in terms of animation.
Sep 25, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
I'd like it if more of the series got distributed here in the U.S. on DVD.
Sep 26, 2016 12:20 AM

May 2014
All of my yes. ALL OF IT.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Sep 26, 2016 3:08 AM

Aug 2015
Looking forward to the new and probably the final season. If not included in the series I hope the skipped arcs will be in OVA.
Nov 13, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2016
Could they hurry up already? Is there any information during which season or half of year it will be airing?

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

Nov 16, 2016 4:56 PM

Jul 2016
Uwaaa! They will really make it final. This time it's real.
Nov 18, 2016 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
The GOAT is back!!
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Nov 20, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2016
i've just barely gotten around to see gintama
Nov 21, 2016 3:57 AM

Nov 2016
Oh god, no one knows when we can finally see it?
I can't wait so long ;-;
Nov 26, 2016 9:29 PM
Mar 2015
Gintama new TV series begins January 8,2017

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gintama/index2.html
Nov 26, 2016 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
Winter is coming. *dum dum dada daam dam*
Nov 26, 2016 11:50 PM

Sep 2014
Great,I thought it would start during the spring season.
Nov 27, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
i am affraid it will under preparation if it cming too soon... well, see how it outcome...
KumaNov 27, 2016 3:56 AM
Nov 27, 2016 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
Wtf its winter 2017? I was thinking spring or summer of 2017. Thought they would let the manga end first, but I guess they really want the manga sales boost. The rating shit storm is going to happen sooner than expected.
Nov 27, 2016 2:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Goku said:
Wtf its winter 2017? I was thinking spring or summer of 2017. Thought they would let the manga end first, but I guess they really want the manga sales boost. The rating shit storm is going to happen sooner than expected.
It's more common to time something like this so that the anime version ends shortly after the manga ends. Not that it starts shortly after the manga ends

It's more efficient in terms of sales that way
Nov 27, 2016 3:34 AM

May 2012
HELL YEAH GINTAMA WILL NEVER DIE FOOLS

IT MUST GO ON FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND E
Nov 27, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2016
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gintama/index2.html

Gintama will start airing 8th January, I hope some1 updates this topic or makes a new one.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.