Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
May 2, 2018 9:58 AM

Jan 2017
Theodoric_99 said:

Objection, your Honor!
Best girl is definitely:

This should've been the canon ending.
Felix > Emilia/Rem

Nahh
I am not into traps no matter how cute they are!
For me, Emilia will always be number 1.
Emilia is best girl!
Emilia>Felix

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Oct 17, 2018 4:35 AM
May 2017
ATwo said:
God dammit they didn't show the most important part at the end of this arc and I was so ready for MAL to break too :(

didn't matter, MAL broke anyway, as evident by the amount of salt in this thread
Oct 18, 2018 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
As someone with zero idea on what this anime is about, I thought the premise was really cool.

Subaru isn't really the best MC that you can hope for but I felt that someone like him is a good fit for this particular setting. He's not an MC that saves the day by being overpowered but by being powerless as he is, it really relies on his decision-making with the added advantage of returning by death to patch things up, which I found compelling to watch.

I also thought that Emilia, considering that she's the main heroine of this series, wasn't really that fleshed out as a character as compared to someone like Rem or even Ram. So it's really not that surprising that Rem is more popular to the fans as we barely know Emilia as a character at this point.

Highlight of the series for me is Episode 18, as it was the turning point of Subaru's progression as a character. It shows that he is a human being full of flaws and how he was able to overcome his depression and helplessness with the undying love and support of Rem. Subaru's answer to Rem's feelings was a bit frustating though but I guess it's just the way it is.

As for the opening, I thought that both the OPs were a bit weak and not hype enough compared to the endings, especially the second one which I really like. Animation isn't really that great but its not that terrible either. There were some lazily animated parts throughout but what I like is how well the grief and suffering of the characters were shown through their facial expressions.

All in all, I do think this anime is lacking at some parts but is still worth the watch. Finale is somewhat okayish and cliche yet I prefer that it ended this way instead of the "Who's Rem?" shenanigans that follow it especially if a second season isn't certain. Poor Subaru, he just can't seem to catch a break.

Dec 10, 2018 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
It was a good show. A great ending, like how Subaru confessed his feelings to Emilia. Wish the characters would somehow see all the trouble Subaru goes through this series.

Ps. Rem is the worst girl, Emilia best ftw<3
MikeS90Dec 10, 2018 9:37 AM
Dec 22, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
It took me a while to get into this anime but after a few episodes, it started to grow on me. I found the repetitiveness annoying but came to appreciate the deaths toward the end. That's the same way I felt about Subaru's character. It took me a minute to get into him and his sudden feelings of Emilia, I could not help but appreciate his tenacity.

When it comes to shipping, I do like Rem and yet I find her 'I'll do anything for you even though you love someone else (re: Subaru), extremely annoying. Too giving IMO.

Otherwise, very good anime. I may even pick up the Magna.
Dec 23, 2018 5:20 AM

May 2013
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
I could not help but appreciate his tenacity.

When it comes to shipping, I do like Rem and yet I find her 'I'll do anything for you even though you love someone else (re: Subaru), extremely annoying. Too giving IMO.

Agree with this. Just hoping it doesn't stagnate her character later on. Give her some wings of her own.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 23, 2018 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
KreatorX said:
Agree with this. Just hoping it doesn't stagnate her character later on. Give her some wings of her own.

Good call on the wings!!

That's what happens a lot in anime's and manga, characters are not developed properly and their full potential is undermined. I love it when authors utilize the characters fully.
Mar 1, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 2019
It was a most satisfying ending, after so much suffering and effort, Subaru deserved it. A happy ending.
I must admit that I overestimated this anime, I thought it would be typical of the isekai genre, but no, it ended up surprising me, it was much more than usual, by far, it exceeded my expectations. It is a tragic, but at the same time beautiful story. I was about to cry of joy, anger and sadness many times. It conveys the idea of ​​what is really a videogame, but from a more realistic perspective. If you lose, you must start over, and you'd better save the game. A decision can change the course of everything. The protagonist is practically a normal human, which pleases me a lot, without powers or magic or anything like that, just simple skill, intellect, perseverance and great value. Like I said, it's not the typical isekai. And the great touch of mystery and suspense that I had loved. I think the message that this series transmits is to learn from your mistakes so as not to commit them again. The opportunities are, but he how to take them and the course they take depends on oneself. And also, of course, the destination is not written completely. The power to change it for good or for bad is in us and our ability to keep going in the face of any adversity, however impossible it may seem, we must never give up, we must fight to the end for our goals and what we love. Well, it was a great pleasure to see this series. I feel fond of many characters. I must say that it is the greatest thing I have seen. Go straight to my list of favorite animes

.. And, please, I demand a Second Season !, there are still many loose ends, doubts and mysteries. The elections are not over yet, you do not know why Subaru came to this world or his link with the Witch of jealousy, nor does it know the reason why the Marquis wants to kill the Dragon of Lugunica, etc, etc ...
You never have to lose hope xd.
Mar 22, 2019 9:29 AM
Nov 2016
Just finished the anime, it was decent, the last few episodes were great. This episode was ok, it got a bit cringey at the end but whatever, I will let it slide this time because it was the last episode.

Also what happened with the crazy killer chick from the beginning? I wanted to see more from her but I guess that's going to be in the 2nd season if they ever make one. I also feel a bit uneasy about Subaru hanging around with Emilia because if Emilia dies for some reason then Puck will kill Subaru and destroy the entire world so Subaru is basically playing with fire by staying around her.

They also didn't explain why Subaru got to that world to begin with or who is the witch or why he has the return from death ability, I guess I will let this slide as well, that would leave unanswered questions that would be explained in the next season I guess.

I also find weird how Subaru got transported into that world and he wasn't that amazed nor scared from it, it was like: "Hey, look at me!, I'm in a weird fantasy world, cool!" and never bothered to question why he was there or even mentioning that he was worried about him not returning to his world or missing his family, he just accepted to be there while forgetting everything about his real world, that's kinda weird but oh well.

Final rating: 7.5/10
xZabuzaxMar 22, 2019 11:21 AM
Mar 23, 2019 8:59 AM

May 2013
xZabuzax said:

They also didn't explain why Subaru got to that world to begin with or who is the witch or why he has the return from death ability, I guess I will let this slide as well, that would leave unanswered questions that would be explained in the next season I guess.

I also find weird how Subaru got transported into that world and he wasn't that amazed nor scared from it, it was like: "Hey, look at me!, I'm in a weird fantasy world, cool!" and never bothered to question why he was there or even mentioning that he was worried about him not returning to his world or missing his family, he just accepted to be there while forgetting everything about his real world, that's kinda weird but oh well.

Final rating: 7.5/10

You are right about the bit regarding second season. Now that it has been announced, the unanswered bits will get explored ...although I don't think all of them will be covered.

Regarding Subaru's sudden acceptance of a new world : Check his fish-eye expression in episode 1. He then suddenly brightens up to the idea of being whisked away into a new world. He is the presumably the otaku equivalent who is enjoys consuming 'isekai' type media.

In other words, he is not a normal teenager but one who classifies as a NEET/twixter/Hikkikomori, who thinks of escapism all day long. Too deep down the rabbit hole I would say.

Any normal person would have been scared at the thought of being unable to get back to his/her family. Subaru on the other hand doesn't want anything to do with 'real' life and simply wants the escape. Then, ironically, things don't go as the video game or fictional experience he had been expecting. In short, he isn't really right in the head as he sometimes readily agrees to questionable things without thinking it through.

You can compare his behaviour with the overt familiarization we do with the video game characters when we play a game. 'It just is, let's roll with it'.

Not to say that he hasn't forgotten about his parents. He is unable to speak to anyone about his situation because of plot-device reasons. (satella crushing his or anyone else's heart whenever his intent to speak about his situation occurs). Possibly the main glaring flaw in the series, but something has to bring in more conflicts for the story to progress :)
KreatorXMar 23, 2019 9:05 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 23, 2019 8:39 PM
Nov 2016
KreatorX said:
In other words, he is not a normal teenager but one who classifies as a NEET/twixter/Hikkikomori, who thinks of escapism all day long. Too deep down the rabbit hole I would say.

Any normal person would have been scared at the thought of being unable to get back to his/her family. Subaru on the other hand doesn't want anything to do with 'real' life and simply wants the escape. Then, ironically, things don't go as the video game or fictional experience he had been expecting. In short, he isn't really right in the head as he sometimes readily agrees to questionable things without thinking it through.

You can compare his behaviour with the overt familiarization we do with the video game characters when we play a game. 'It just is, let's roll with it'.

Not to say that he hasn't forgotten about his parents. He is unable to speak to anyone about his situation because of plot-device reasons. (satella crushing his or anyone else's heart whenever his intent to speak about his situation occurs). Possibly the main glaring flaw in the series, but something has to bring in more conflicts for the story to progress :)

The thing is, the anime never hinted that Subaru was a NEET/twixter/Hikkikomori, he looked like a normal guy in episode 1 so I should blame the source material for this because the source material probably never hinted it either. From my perspective Subaru looked pretty normal and when he got to the other world he started speaking perfectly normal as well, if he was a NEET or whatever then he would be introverted but he was extremely extroverted from the first episode.
Mar 24, 2019 2:32 AM

May 2013
xZabuzax said:

Hm, I wouldn't call him normal because his ready no-questions acceptance of an 'isekai' got me thinking that this guy probably had some issues with real life. The author has a very specific type of protagonist in mind.

Subaru actually admits to being a NEET/hikkikomori in the Episode 1 itself, during his conversation with Emilia (where Emilia blurts her name out as Satella). There are plenty of instances where he admits to it later as well. :)

As a couple of examples, in some episodes later, he acknowledges that getting your hands dirty while getting some work done is a new/satisfying experience which he never had before. He voices his self-reflection in Episode 18 with Rem, mentioning he had wasted his entire life until that moment, as in he could have achieved so much more in his 18 years of existence. That speaks a lot about his character given his earlier interactions with people.

Regarding his behaviour being extremely extroverted from the first episode, is pretty much his way of treating everything as a video game around him, wherein he feels he is the special/main character that everyone looks up to. Get quests or disposition points in favour of and have someone to 'like you', or literally get away with anything by saying whatever you want. The overt familiarization with video game NPCs is pretty much about that.

He falls under the same trap in episode 13, where he thought of 'scoring' with Emilia by needlessly jumping to her defense in the court and picking a fight with Julius, foolishly thinking his new dark spell powerup will quickly defeat Julius. He gets absolutely wrecked instead and also loses favour with Emilia. With his conversation with Emilia, you can also see his nice-guy entitlement issues.

Then he comes under the assumption that he can quickly undo anything because he has the video-game power to reset to a previous checkpoint, only to realize he literally cannot do anything as he wants to (seeing how the witch cult kept slaughtering everyone in the mansion).

The irony was that this 'video-game' world around him was not what he imagined. The people behaved just as they would in real life. Piece by piece he learns how to behave around people, leaving behind his immaturity. I'd say he hasn't matured yet. He just started to.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 30, 2019 5:20 PM

Mar 2019
8 I guess/10. Woohoo, season two is on its way~ The groundhog day situation Subaru is in plays out well in the anime and the light novel. Like 'em both well enough, but Rem is more interesting than Emilia.
Eris-w-Mar 30, 2019 5:25 PM
Apr 8, 2019 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
Man, when Subaru said "I love you" towards Emilia, that made me tear up a bit. Such a touching reunion I am so happy for them. Amazing end for this season and I am glad this anime didn't turn into a freaking harem. Emilia forever!

What a cliffhanger though. I can't wait for the next season.
Apr 22, 2019 12:31 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Well i know i'm late to this party but i binged this anime in 4 days.

Glad there's a season 2 comming because there's a lot of stuff i'm wondering like some people already asked here, one that wasn't metioned again is where the hell is Elsa.

That's a 8/10 from me on my enjoyment scale.
Apr 22, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2018
Just rewatch it with my sister who watch it for the first time. She really bitter that Subaru choose Emilia over Rem, it seem she empathize with Rem. She cant stop cursing Subaru for what her perceive as stupidity for not choosing Rem, a woman who will done everything for him. I cant stop laugh seeing her reaction.
Apr 23, 2019 8:02 AM

May 2013
SupervisorHasira said:
Just rewatch it with my sister who watch it for the first time. She really bitter that Subaru choose Emilia over Rem, it seem she empathize with Rem. She cant stop cursing Subaru for what her perceive as stupidity for not choosing Rem, a woman who will done everything for him. I cant stop laugh seeing her reaction.

That is the textbook classic reaction for this series XD
Truly a Divine Comedy
Apr 25, 2019 2:36 AM

Mar 2010
SupervisorHasira said:

...Even smashing his head open and torturing him just literally 2 weeks ago in the shows timeframe was for him? lol
Apr 26, 2019 2:53 PM

May 2013
Good show and thoroughly entertaining. Has been on my ptw since airing in 2016, so glad I finally got around to watching it. Subaru can be very annoying sometimes but I did find his character resolve somewhat decently in the end. Enjoyable show, good story and great interesting characters. 8/10.

Also, Rem > Emilia. :D
*insert cringey anime reference here*
May 2, 2019 5:36 AM
Mar 2019
Literally the end was gud.. Can't wait for s2!!
RoneCraft

On-hold is another way for a completionist to say DROPPED

May 2, 2019 9:04 AM
May 2019
Just rewatched Re: Zero because season 2 comes this year i am Mega Hyped XD
May 2, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2013
YeetBean said:

Have the airing dates been announced already ?
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 2, 2019 11:13 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
YeetBean said:

nope, though i would guess it coming out in Winter or Spring 2020
May 3, 2019 7:28 AM
May 2019
KreatorX said:
YeetBean said:

I have read something about october but i don´t know if there is a specific date yet
May 5, 2019 1:15 PM

Aug 2015
xZabuzax said:
The thing is, the anime never hinted that Subaru was a NEET/twixter/Hikkikomori, he looked like a normal guy in episode 1 so I should blame the source material for this because the source material probably never hinted it either. From my perspective Subaru looked pretty normal and when he got to the other world he started speaking perfectly normal as well, if he was a NEET or whatever then he would be introverted but he was extremely extroverted from the first episode.

I come back here after so long and what do I see?

There is something you seem to be misunderstanding about this. Subaru is a social/extrovert type of character because before becoming a hikkikomori, he was a social/extrovert type. Just a normal kid living a normal life.

You do not "become" introvert when you are already extrovert like this. It is also something that the japanese tend to gravely misunderstand and the west is spreading even further as a mockery because it's "beta".

Personally, when I was a kid I was always alone, rejected, neglected or abandoned. You might think I was the devil or something because no one liked me for some unknown reason. It was this bad.

What happened to me? I grew up mostly alone and my personality developped that way, loner, introvert, mostly the guy on the sidelines in a group of superficial, not too bright, two faced false friends when I did have "connexions".

I developped that way because I had no one to talk or be with so I am naturally a loner, introvert person. I have no problem with acting in public, telling what I have to say, good or bad, to anyone but when I'm in groups I'm mostly silent.

Subaru is not that way, why? Because even if he had no friends, he had a normal pretense of a normal social life. He was extrovert from the start and not hidden in his shell. This is why he can be so preposterous with his "you're a NPC lol I'm the MC" and has no shame, for example in his first iteration and day at Roswaal manor.

The "introverted hikkikomori dude" is a bad cliche that needs to be eradicated because it comes from a false premise. If you develop socially young, you'll most of the 99% of the time, be extrovert and have no problem with groups. If you don't, or can't, develop in groups from a young age, your personality will be rather introvert by becoming a loner type. I for one, can't stand groups or people in general. Subo has no problem because he's a normal kid who really didn't have friends, and that's it. But he won't have problem being social in the end. When he became a hikkikomori, he was already a social person in general.

The japanese seriously need to stop with this cliché and the west should stop with spreading it even further and misunderstanding it. This is part of the legal narcissism of society that ignores its own fault and depict badly and even mocks the weak because they are weak. It creates a completely abhorent depiction and makes you swallow shit that no one should take seriously because it doesn't make fucking sense.

Believe me, when my mother died a few years ago, I couldn't even get out of my house for a few months and I'd still have no problem with telling you this face to face if you were in front of me at the time.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2015
YeetBean said:
KreatorX said:

I have read something about october but i don´t know if there is a specific date yet

There is no airing date, just a teaser to say "hey, a S2 is in the making you can relax now. kthxbye".
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 5, 2019 1:53 PM
May 2017
Tony_SansNom said:
YeetBean said:

There is no airing date, just a teaser to say "hey, a S2 is in the making you can relax now. kthxbye".

i would guess it airs around Winter or Spring 2020
May 5, 2019 6:15 PM

May 2013
YeetBean said:
KreatorX said:

Perhaps you mixed that up with the second OVA ? That one is scheduled for Fall 2019
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 6, 2019 2:52 AM
May 2019
KreatorX said:
YeetBean said:

Perhaps you mixed that up with the second OVA ? That one is scheduled for Fall 2019
Oh yeah damnit thought it would be S2 well but at least we are getting a S2 and the OVA
May 9, 2019 10:41 PM

Apr 2014
-Betelgeuse's obsession over Satella eerily mirrored one of the things Subaru had told Emilia during their argument a while back lol.

-Subaru confessing to Emilia was so heartwarming and she her reaction was precious and endearing. I'm very happy for them. Emilia has not only her knight, but a partner who will stand beside her.

This show has been an amazing ride, from action focused to mystery to political to intensely psychological, with the latter being the strongest. Subaru was beaten and crushed by the world, falling to his lowest state of emotion, but he eventually learned how to learn from his experiences, and managed a turnaround that instills such feelings of pride and joy at having witnessed the repeated failure conquer his obstacles and take the reins of his fate. The steady deterioration of his mind was excellently done and masterfully incorporated into the events that were occurring externally on the surface, leading up to various scenes that truly exuded his isolation and hopelessness. All of that made his successes in the final quarter of the show immensely satisfying. I'm not really considering the conclusion of some events in the first half as he only made it out thanks to a powerful ally stepping in unplanned at the last second to bail him out. Only the events in the second half can have their successes be directly attributed to him.

While Rem had loyally aided Subaru and demonstrated the degree to which she would be willing to sacrifice for him, it doesn't mean Subaru is obligated to love her back, as much as I'd like to see the recipient of her love requite it. When Subaru came into this world, it was Emilia who first saved him, first accompanied him and showed him care, got him acquainted with the world, and then soon after provided him with a home, and provided him directly and indirectly the friends that he would make. His growth, maturation, and new "family" were all possible due to Emilia, who herself is also very kind, caring, sweet, and skilled. Emilia and Subaru had fantastic chemistry as well even with his natural effort. Such things are not easily forgotten and overridden just because someone else later threw herself on to him. It make sense as to why Subaru would continue to be infatuated with her.

Now, Rem is precious and heart-meltingly loving and self-sacrificing, and absolutely deserves someone who loves her equally in return, however Subaru had to exert incredible conscious effort in order to get close to her originally lest she coldly murder him, and their chemistry overall seemed generally less balanced but rather lopsided aside from episode 18 where she prevented him from giving up. While the show thus far has more Rem x Subaru moments, I feel that Emilia is the one that will provide him what he needs in regards to many aspects on top of already having an affinity to him originally. It's a shame that she didn't have more of the spotlight and that we weren't able to see more intimate moments between them on the level that we saw with him and Rem, and this worked against the perception of the canonical ship as deemed by the story.

As for the rest of the show, decent supporting cast, interesting scenarios and weaving of Subaru's abilities into how they'd play out, great overall directing (masterful at times), and all the OPs and EDs were fantastic. I'm very hyped for season two, and frankly I hope every arc will receive an anime adaptation if this is the kind of quality we can expect from them. There are many questions that have yet to be answered, and I'd love to see the royal selection and other plot threads play out in animated form.

Rating: 9/10
ZeroDragonMay 9, 2019 11:00 PM
May 10, 2019 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
ZeroDragon said:

While Rem had loyally aided Subaru and demonstrated the degree to which she would be willing to sacrifice for him, it doesn't mean Subaru is obligated to love her back, as much as I'd like to see the recipient of her love requite it. When Subaru came into this world, it was Emilia who first saved him, first accompanied him and showed him care, got him acquainted with the world, and then soon after provided him with a home, and provided him directly and indirectly the friends that he would make. His growth, maturation, and new "family" were all possible due to Emilia, who herself is also very kind, caring, sweet, and skilled. Emilia and Subaru had fantastic chemistry as well even with his natural effort. Such things are not easily forgotten and overridden just because someone else later threw herself on to him. It make sense as to why Subaru would continue to be infatuated with her.

I just want to quickly thank you for this.
Not many people realized this simple yet important aspect, instead raging for the "I love Emilia" response.
It's honestly great to see more people catching up to the series and pointing out that, both in fiction and in real life, you are not forced to choose to love someone that confessed to you. Human emotions (and not only that) don't work that way.

Really glad you appreciated it, I'm hoping you will like the increasing chara development that S2 will bring to the table
May 12, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
This was enjoyable from start to end with mostly flaws that I could overlook or they were fixed. Not a definite masterpiece in my book, but an epitome of great
May 17, 2019 9:48 PM

Dec 2015
Nevermind me. Just watched this series for Isekai Quartet.
May 20, 2019 4:23 AM

Nov 2012
0ni_Link said:
Nevermind me. Just watched this series for Isekai Quartet.

I will mind you! DID YOU LIKE IT!?!?!?!?
May 20, 2019 7:19 AM

Dec 2015
Anime-is-King said:

I will mind you! DID YOU LIKE IT!?!?!?!?

It wasn't the most horrendous show I have ever witnessed, but I can't shake this feeling that Steins Gate did a better job on both the themes and characters than Re: Zero did.

The most surprising thing I enjoyed was Subaru's development or lack thereof sometimes. I enjoy flawed MC more that I would like to admit and before the candidate's selection arc I was extremely bored. The rest of the cast was pretty generic in my opinion.

And then you have the obvious anime adaptation butchering the source material (I haven't read the novel but people say that happened) and I'm left with the impression that I consumed the worst version of the product.
May 20, 2019 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
tbh the anime didn't ruin the source material and, while there were some cuts, the anime staff clearly knew what they were doing and did their best to leave everything that was important in

So you can rest assured that this is not by any means the worst version of the product.

It is a longer works than Steins;Gate tho, and with a similar but fundamentally different setup, so the comparison it's a bif unfair on that part: S;G was over in its anime run (and the source material was comparatively short), while the Re:Zero anime adapted only the first three story arcs in a story that's supposed to have around ten (iirc)
And the fourth one (which will be adapted by season 2) is really important to close a lot of loose ends left by the first three and move the story and characters into the next "phase" of the story
May 21, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2018
I don't know what to score this onn my first watch I gave it a 8 then I changed it to a 7 recently . Going to rewatch it when I have the time to decide agian
Jun 9, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
While I thought the time loop concept was pretty original for an isekai series, I found the majority of the show rather uncompelling.

I still have yet to find an isekai anime I like.
Jul 10, 2019 12:28 PM
Jan 2011
2 question (as the post are to much to read all...)
Why was the letter empty? Or will it hopefully explained in S2
What did Subaru write in the book and why did it work?
Jul 10, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Psi18c said:

The reason should be in this season but they did not adapt the last part of arc 3. It should be in season 2.

Psi18c said:
If I remember correctly he wrote "the end". And it worked because
Jul 10, 2019 1:05 PM
Jan 2011
mozgow said:
Psi18c said:

The reason should be in this season but they did not adapt the last part of arc 3. It should be in season 2.

Psi18c said:
If I remember correctly he wrote "the end". And it worked because

I see. So thats why the book was so important for him.
Thanks
Jul 10, 2019 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
@Psi18c
If you do not mind spoilers, PM me and I will spoil you with all the juicy details :D
Aug 15, 2019 3:50 AM
Aug 2019
Where the fuck was the kiss between Emilia and Subaru?!?!?!
Aug 18, 2019 8:24 AM

Apr 2013
It actually did not end on a cliffhanger, but instead on a very romantic conversation. Petelgeuse coming back again wasn't really necessary imo, but oh well. Subaru saved the day and got the girl, all is good.

Overall a really good show, I get the hype now. There were a few things I didn't like. Subaru going full retared in the middle of the season, an attractive half-elf like Emilia being hated by everyone makes no sense and Petelgeuse being a bit too persistent. But apart from that it all came together quite nicely and the combination of hedgehog day and an isekai world worked surprisingly well. 8/10

Oh and of course I have to address the most pressing question, who is best girl? Definitely Emilia, though I can see why people like Rem as well. But Emilia is almost too flawless, while Rem killed Subaru twice for no good reason.
Aug 18, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Gator said:
It actually did not end on a cliffhanger, but instead on a very romantic conversation.
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it should have ended on a cliffhanger. The production committee (I think it was them) did not think the anime will be so popular so they planned to end it safe.

Gator said:
... an attractive half-elf like Emilia being hated by everyone makes no sense ...
It was said in the anime that Emila looks like the Witch of Envy who destroyed half of the world 400 prior. And it's not just a similarity because she's a half-elf - she looks exactly like the Witch of Envy.

Hating someone for destroying half of the world is nothing strange. And Emilia is hated because she looks just like the Witch.

Gator said:
Oh and of course I have to address the most pressing question, who is best girl? Definitely Emilia, though I can see why people like Rem as well. But Emilia is almost too flawless, while Rem killed Subaru twice for no good reason.
I was on the Beatrice's ship, then I was temporary converted by the church of Rem, and now
mozgowAug 18, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 18, 2019 11:36 AM

May 2013
mozgow said:
Gator said:
It actually did not end on a cliffhanger, but instead on a very romantic conversation.
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it should have ended on a cliffhanger. The production committee (I think it was them) did not think the anime will be so popular so they planned to end it safe.

Yeah, I was super glad they chose to end it safe :-)

Otherwise it would have annoyed a good chunk of viewers.

I'm not sure if people are fans of cliffhanger endings either but anyhow, it doesn't matter now since season 2 has been announced.

Gator said:

Overall a really good show, I get the hype now. There were a few things I didn't like. Subaru going full retared in the middle of the season, an attractive half-elf like Emilia being hated by everyone makes no sense and Petelgeuse being a bit too persistent. But apart from that it all came together quite nicely and the combination of hedgehog day and an isekai world worked surprisingly well. 8/10

lol :-D
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 18, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
mozgow said:

I was indeed not aware of this, haven't read the source material. But I'm not surprised, as I said I thought such a cliffhanger would fit the show, him having to start again from some save point.

mozgow said:
It was said in the anime that Emila looks like the Witch of Envy who destroyed half of the world 400 prior. And it's not just a similarity because she's a half-elf - she looks exactly like the Witch of Envy.

Hating someone for destroying half of the world is nothing strange. And Emilia is hated because she looks just like the Witch.

Yeah I got that, I just don't think that Subaru could be the only one who would confess to a cute girl like her. Just a harem troupe I don't like.

mozgow said:
I was on the Beatrice's ship, then I was temporary converted by the church of Rem, and now

Haven't read your season 2 spoiler, sorry xD

Whoops, I meant groundhog day of course xD
I only know the German name of the movie, so I always have to look up the English name or try to remember it, which failed in this case ^^
Aug 31, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2017
The last arc after the defeated the whale felt kinda rushed, but overall it was quite good. Apparently they stopped right before a spicy cliff hanger. I just couldn't resist so I looked it up. Yeah i can see how that would be a good ending, but I think they were already stretch the run time pretty thin for this arc.

I'm totally fine with Subaru Emilia ship, but I don't feel we've seen enough to really get that invested. However, love is blind so who am I to say who Subaru should love.
Sep 1, 2019 9:42 AM

May 2013
ProofByColor said:
The last arc after the defeated the whale felt kinda rushed, but overall it was quite good. Apparently they stopped right before a spicy cliff hanger. I just couldn't resist so I looked it up. Yeah i can see how that would be a good ending, but I think they were already stretch the run time pretty thin for this arc.

I'm totally fine with Subaru Emilia ship, but I don't feel we've seen enough to really get that invested. However, love is blind so who am I to say who Subaru should love.

Yeah, admittedly they didn't want to take risks by ending it on a different note than it was, in case of any off-chance that it wouldn't have been popular enough to attract people.

As for the love being blind, it's more like the reasons in Subaru's eyes are clear as to why he guns for Emilia hard, it's just that he has viewed her's actions to the point that he thinks she is growing close to him or that she understands him pretty well without him needing to tell her anything (if you notice his dialogue from the lap pillow scene). This is if you consider the huge leaps of faith she took bringing a suspicious outsider into her residence given the time of political elections, gave him jobs/purpose and language lessons, draining down her Odo resource to heal him up, and some rather outwardly trust in Subaru's favour when Ram was turning against Subaru...and to top it off, his date with her after Episode 11.
KreatorXSep 1, 2019 9:46 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Sep 4, 2019 11:21 PM

Dec 2015
I really enjoy the whole ride, and good thing I watched this late so season 2 is near (compared to those who watched during airing time XD)

Subaru, even tho sometimes he went full retard, is actually a good and likable MC

Overall, one of the better isekai out there.

All the girls are great (I even rooted for Cruch as next ruler), but Beako definitely the best girl, just need more screentime.
Pages (35) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.