Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. We got Sorey who seems to have made a new friend during his journey. That Shepherd title really shouldn't be underestimated. Or maybe Ian is just quite a fangirl.

Alisha's alliance with Rose is quite noticeable as well as they are now almost like friends fighting side by side. For Sorey, I feel bad for him this episode. He was pretty much fighting against impossible odds. Proud of him for that mass purification though. A human hellion is scary.
Stark700Sep 18, 2016 7:57 AM
Sep 18, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2011
Poor Sorey. Suffer and purifying so much malevolence only to realise its just the beginning.
Rose and Alisha. Badass! Being able to hold off so many soldiers by themselves. Though I don't remember her getting stabbed in the back (literally) lmao.

Also Kittybeard appears! as well as Dezel.

God. Can't wait for the next episode. Hope they play Rising Up! during the final battle as well.
Sep 18, 2016 8:09 AM
Feb 2012
2nd Season confirmed :D
Sep 18, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, The war looked really gruesome especially with all those phantom hellions being created.

Ian was quite funny, Her interactions with Sorey and Alisha were quite amusing.

The aerial view of the war with Sorey standing on the edge of the cliff was amazing.
Loved Sorey's armor change in the midst of battle, It's so cool how he switches between each armatization and used them to destroy the malevolence. The Rain of Arrows looked awesome.

Screw that general for not even listening to Alisha and screw the guy who stabbed her. :(
It was nice to see Alisha and Rose fight together, Their fight sequences were great. Alisha stopping Rose from drawing blood was a very powerful show of her conviction towards her ideals.

Sorey and the Seraphims celebrated a little too early, In the end they only stopped a battle not the war. Sad to see Sorey suffering like that, War never changes. :(
The camera panning out for the aerial view of the second battle was excellent too.
Lord of Calamities looks quite formidable.

The PV skit was funny, No one wants to use Mikleo's naming sense. xD
Season 2 confirmed for 2017. :D
Sep 18, 2016 8:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ideals don't get you anywhere in a war, Alisha. Good on you with that, but you could see this coming.

Season 2 ayyyy
Sep 18, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
There was a lot of action in the second half

Sorey taking out an army by himself, Alisha getting stabbed in the back, and more helions

On a side note:

Fuck yea

Sep 18, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2011
intresting. Since Rose is still with Alisha in this ep, I think there's going to be a few anime-original scenes next episode.
Sep 18, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
shame that alisha won't die because of dezel interference
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 18, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, i thought they were going with the Alisha killing, but now thanks to dezel's interference they may be able to tend to her wound. The gruesome reality hits her and Sorey. Lord of calamity makes his appearance. The preview skits are funny as always lol and finally yes! Season 2 confirmed .
Sep 18, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
Anyone spot one of the obvious sub mistake in this episode?:) Zestiria is always best watch in high definition.

Damn those soldier for stabbing Alisha. Its going to be a hard war for Sorey and Alisha, especially THAT boss coming in. I know what Alisha is trying to get at, but i can't agree with her ideal.
Sep 18, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
It's good a Tales game is getting a second season. Overall the first cour has been alright. Definitely will watch the second season but hoping the finale here will cliffhang it on a good note to wrap up a 7ish/10 season.
Sep 18, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
By 2017, it's interesting to note that they didn't mention Winter or Spring so either is likely.
Sep 18, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
valvravetruth said:
Anyone spot one of the obvious sub mistake in this episode?:) Zestiria is always best watch in high definition.

Damn those soldier for stabbing Alisha. Its going to be a hard war for Sorey and Alisha, especially THAT boss coming in. I know what Alisha is trying to get at, but i can't agree with her ideal.

I thought official subbers got anime scripts. Looks like they're also translating by ear ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 18, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
But since first episode it's confirmed that Zestiria will be splitted like Fate series...
Btw Nice episode.
Sep 18, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Sorey was deluded if he thought he could single-handedly stop the war, especially when he has to deal with the burden of the Malevolence.
Sep 18, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2013
Nice episode. It's nice to see Alisha and Rose working together. Those soldiers really has no shame, hurting their own princess like that. Good thing Dezel interfered.

Lately I've been wondering, why recent anime decides to split into two parts or such? If it's anime adapted from a manga, I can understand since most likely it's to avoid catching up to the manga chapters. But Tales of Zestiria is based on a game released a year ago so there's no need to worry about catching up with the manga chapters or anything and could've just continue.
Sep 18, 2016 9:39 AM
May 2016
Alisha still badass after getting stabbed, 'I'm okay. This is nothing.' was pretty standard but the 'Wipe the blood off or your sword will rust' line is GOLD.

Imagine how cool she would be if she actually got to use a spear for once... lol
Sep 18, 2016 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
Frost190 said:
Nice episode. It's nice to see Alisha and Rose working together. Those soldiers really has no shame, hurting their own princess like that. Good thing Dezel interfered.

Lately I've been wondering, why recent anime decides to split into two parts or such? If it's anime adapted from a manga, I can understand since most likely it's to avoid catching up to the manga chapters. But Tales of Zestiria is based on a game released a year ago so there's no need to worry about catching up with the manga chapters or anything and could've just continue.

They did the same for Fate , and that didn't need any catching up .
Sep 18, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
Decent episode, as always good animation other than that nothing special.
Another good skit, poor Mikleo =/
And the unexpected announcement.
Sep 18, 2016 9:42 AM
Jul 2015
Frost190 said:

They need more time to be able to produce 25 episodes.
Sep 18, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2011
Goodness. How stupid those soldiers are trying to hurt their own princess who is superior and more important than that stupid general.

Edna is right. Humans are fools.
Sep 18, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
Frost190 said:

Financial reasons mostly. Without a season break, the art and animation quality would start to suffer.

Magito said:
Goodness. How stupid those soldiers are trying to hurt their own princess who is superior and more important than that stupid general.

The Princess seems to be nothing more than a figurehead with little real authority. On other hand, the councilmen seem to be both more powerful AND dangerous. The soldiers here take the seemingly safer path.
Sep 18, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
Nayrael said:
Frost190 said:

Financial reasons mostly. Without a season break, the art and animation quality would start to suffer.

Magito said:

The Princess seems to be nothing more than a figurehead with little real authority. On other hand, the councilmen seem to be both more powerful AND dangerous. The soldiers here take the seemingly safer path.

Hyland is like a constitutional monarchy right ?
Sep 18, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Sorey, he purified a lot of malevolence.

Nice to see season 2 is announced!
Sep 18, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2010
!Good job Sorey you have purified them!

Yea... about that, there were flames, arrow rains, earthquakes and direct force blows right on the shoulders. If Sorey didn't kill at least half of them then he definitely killed 25% at least and the rest are heavy wounded.

Still epic battle and princess businesses aside... that first half of episode was really... OMG what am I watching. Especially that scene on horses where new random character is introduced just to waste 5 minutes of the show. Talk in the night before the battle between main characters is okay, but some random girl pooping up from nowhere and wasting time... Nope!

Lastly the announcement of the next season... hmm, are they talking about the second cour or are they announcing the second cour that already been announced?
Sep 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Hyland is like a constitutional monarchy right ?

The Monarch can be a figurehead in any kind of Monarchy as long as they don't, or can't, enforce their authority upon the aristocracy or bureaucracy. If the rest of the royal family are as idealistic as Alisha, then I can easily see why they are figureheads.
Sep 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
eso18 said:
Lastly the announcement of the next season... hmm, are they talking about the second cour or are they announcing the second cour that already been announced?

Not everyone will necessarily know about the older announcement (remember that most watchers just turn on the TV and watch, they don't hunt for interviews and alike) so they announced it now to make it sure that everyone knows that another cour is coming.
Sep 18, 2016 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
allenjke said:

And the unexpected announcement.

Indeed.
30 chars.................................
Sep 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
Epic episode, hope Alisha doesn't actually die D: I reckon Sorey will save her, probably because I ship them so hard and want it to happen sfhafuhhiu
Sep 18, 2016 11:02 AM
May 2016
Epir said:
Epic episode, hope Alisha doesn't actually die D: I reckon Sorey will save her, probably because I ship them so hard and want it to happen sfhafuhhiu

Think Dezel already saved them... wonder if Rose will get back in time to save Sorey after he meets Heldalf. Maybe Dezel can use wind magic to speed her up?
Sep 18, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
glutton said:
Epir said:

Think Dezel already saved them... wonder if Rose will get back in time to save Sorey after he meets Heldalf. Maybe Dezel can use wind magic to speed her up?

I love the hint they dropped
rose "not this again" lol
Sep 18, 2016 11:10 AM
May 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
glutton said:

I love the hint they dropped
rose "not this again" lol

Perhaps in the anime they can treat Dezel possessing Rose as already being like an armatus except Rose not being in control, so Dezel-in-Rose's-body flies in Gundam style to help Sorey... with Alisha riding Rozel.

ROZEL HYPE
Sep 18, 2016 11:38 AM

Mar 2015
guardian angel seraphim? wonder if he (she?) will join sorey, it seems like a wind seraphim so it will complete the set of the 4 basic elements. sorey outdid himself this episode, though. was pretty impressive seeing him purifying all these people.

season 2 confirmed! i just hope it doesn't take forever to air
Sep 18, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode before the ending of the first cour. Poor Sorey is really screwed. Not only he was unable to stop the war, but now some Lord of the Calamity has appeared. I wonder how this will end.

Alisha is not better, though. After being betrayed and stabbed, she is only saved thanks to a Seraph (who is the one who has that swag hat who appears in the opening and in some of the episodes of the beginning).

Just one episode before the end, but since this will have a second cour, we will just have to wait a bit.

Still worried about the stuff with Berseria.
Sep 18, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2015
finally some action. still this anime is dissapointing.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 18, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 2015
eso18 said:
Still epic battle and princess businesses aside... that first half of episode was really... OMG what am I watching. Especially that scene on horses where new random character is introduced just to waste 5 minutes of the show. Talk in the night before the battle between main characters is okay, but some random girl pooping up from nowhere and wasting time... Nope!

I totally agree with you, at the beginning I was really like "What the hell are they doing by presenting this side character ?" That's was completely useless and we wasted 5 minutes of the show ! As if we care about what this Ian person thinks about Sorey and Alisha ! With that scene added to the all the previous ones that wasn't in the original game, people can't say that ufotable is not emphasing Alisha's role, because that's exactly what they are doing. Even with the start of the war, I can't feel any emotions (except when Sorey was on the battlefield, seeing and fighting all this hellions). This first part is really disappointing. Hope the second one will be better.

I think that episode 12 will end with

I really hope they follow the story of the game since what happens after this is really interesting (

But what will they do with Berseria ?
Sep 18, 2016 12:41 PM
Feb 2008
A good episode. But that feeling that next episode will end up with cliffhanger... Actually I would like to see Sora x Alisha ship, but I guess it will end up similiar like in the game.
Also, I am courious about next season, how they want to fit all things which happen in game to the 12 episodes.
Sep 18, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
This episode gave me a chubby imagining the amount of butthurt that would spew forth from Nippon if they actually killed off Alisha.
Sep 18, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2016
Sorey we all knew you couldn't halt the war however that mass purification was impressive, watching
was bad-ass as hell, Yasss season 2 confirmed!
Sep 18, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2011
Ich1go said:
A good episode. But that feeling that next episode will end up with cliffhanger... Actually I would like to see Sora x Alisha ship, but I guess it will end up similiar like in the game.
Also, I am courious about next season, how they want to fit all things which happen in game to the 12 episodes.

The game story isn't that long tbh and they will change events & cut out useless stuff so it can be done. For example, they completely cut out Lucas
Sep 18, 2016 1:44 PM
Feb 2008
Theorder14 said:
Ich1go said:

The game story isn't that long tbh and they will change events & cut out useless stuff so it can be done. For example, they completely cut out Lucas

Well it depend what you would like to see in the anime. If they should keep all events there, 24 episodes will be not enough. Also that annoucement at the end... lol everyone knows about it from the start.
Sep 18, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
wasn't expecting the announcement for season 2 directly after this episode but i guess thats good since re:zero just ended and i needed something to bring my spirits up.

sorey was pretty badass this episode, hoping he gets more seraphim transformations because they all look pretty cool.

alisha is literally stabbed in the back this time but boy was she a savage about it. and after weeks of complaining finally we get the semi introduction of one of the last 2 characters in the opening and as expected he is also a seraphim. since it took so long for him to show up i kind of knew season 2 was on the way.
Sep 18, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2016
Fuck, fuck fuck... don't kill those nice legs.... oh, sorry, I mean Alisha.
Sep 18, 2016 2:34 PM

May 2015
These soldiers trying to kill Alisha.... They should be executed.

Sep 18, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2016
Holy Shepherd! that WAS insane! So tense, i even got goosebumps! Amazing Artwork, The fighing was decent, Sorey did alot already but it wasnt even half of it all o.O Alisha got wounded, and they got helped by a (wind) Seraphims

But its not over yet 1 more episode and the lord of calamity, and all from a human helion o.O damn feel bad for Sorey now ! aaaaah cant wait for next season!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 18, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2016
Imagine if they actually killed Alisha... That would have been a lot of dead waifu this week.

Such despair! D:

Sep 18, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2008
Ich1go said:
Also that annoucement at the end... lol everyone knows about it from the start.

Fans do, but not most of the average viewers who don't exactly browse the forums to be informed about every currently airing Anime.
Sep 18, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
They should include Dezel in the next episode. He's super cool, and he's even voiced by glorious Daisuke Ono. Can't wait!
Sep 18, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Cut and dry anime - Good for when you're bored
Sep 18, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2010
Vooo said:
Cut and dry anime - Good for when you're bored
Yeah.. Just here for the eyegasms. If the character build-up was just a little bit better though, I could've really gotten into this anime.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.