Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Kek, gotta love salty LN readers. Give me more of your salt!

Regardless, Betelgeuse was 11/10 this week, Matsuoka is simply brilliant as him and is one of the most entertaining characters of this show.

Glad to see Subaru helping out his white-haired waifu. Gotta put in the work for the OTP to set sail.

Also Julis and Subaru have a very good dynamic going, hope the payoff is good next week. I'm prepared for the ultimate Re:Zero cliffhanger.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 11, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2015
Of course when everything goes just as planned it's not as exciting. But I can't wait to see the last episode fight because you know they'll pull all the stops.
Sep 11, 2016 11:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Of course when everything goes just as planned it's not as exciting. But I can't wait to see the last episode fight because you know they'll pull all the stops.

I love that picture, good quality pic that is desktop background size somewhere?
Sep 11, 2016 11:42 AM
May 2016
Why people was hypeing me for a ''Long conversation with the witch and Subaru'' that didnt happened? I was waiting for that....

New checkpoint, and AFTER the whale, Happines over 9000!

Felix best trap?

I was thinking who was possible to Emilia to didnt recognize Subaru, an then they explained that magic cloak, that was smart
Sep 11, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
PaperCutAssassin said:
When are they gonna revisit the fact that there were two Subaru's in the first episode? When he's leaving the convenience store in the first few minutes they show another version of him dying and saying something like "I have to stop you from going." They gonna wrap that up or just hope for a second season to explain it?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I'm sure that's just something that happened later in episode 1 again... basically a premonition that we got to see before it happened.

Where Subaru and Emilia died by Elsa... yeah, remember?
Sep 11, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2008
There is NO FRIGGING WAY I WOULDN'T POST THIS!

WHY OH WHY :( this should have been a she !!! WHY OH WHY!!!!
Sep 11, 2016 11:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Well, the picture is a little bit spoiler-ish.^^

It's posted in this discussion thread for this episode. People should not get in here if they haven't watched the episode, so they have themselves to blame xD
Sep 11, 2016 11:44 AM
Apr 2016
Where did Julius mouth go '-'?

Gustavo_VidalSep 11, 2016 11:49 AM
Sep 11, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
Only one more episode. it's getting intense
Hi there
Sep 11, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Just one more episode to go. :/
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 11, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
HYPE! Subaru was an absolute BA! He used every bit of info he had into putting that plan. Acting confident and charismatic. Triggering Beetle Juice left and right lololol. Dat flying Beetlejuice was so hilarious looking
The Bromance with Juli and even Felix is amazing too. I was grinning throughout the episode :D And for the final showdown to take place at the spot of ep7 :O

PLZ WHITEFOX!!! Ep25 be 50 min PLZ!!! There's still quite a lot of content left so if they don't do that it might actually be kinda rushed
Sep 11, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
For all that @zombieiscoming said about the animation, I didn't see anything bad, really. (Unlike episode 20.) Oh well, anyway.
Sep 11, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty cool combination!

Although animation quality is lacking, and I wish the fights were better choreographed. It was still a pretty fun episode.
Sep 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
It was a good episode. It was definitely quite a fast paced one as well.

That Felis bite on the ear. XD

It was nice to see some of the conflict that Emilia has, Subaru walking into the mansion wearing that cloak and acting like a henchman was kinda of funny.
Really liked the scene with the kids accepting Emilia.

Everything else just went way too well I guess, Subaru put his knowledge to good use and managed to get everyone to safety and outplay the cult.

Fight scenes weren't really great but I guess that was never the show's strong point. So Subaru and Julius vs Betelguese. Judging from what I see Betelguese will probably get beat quickly.

It all ends next week, Let's see what kind of ending we'll have.
Sep 11, 2016 11:52 AM
Sep 2016
Subaru, bud, you've got to stop triggering Beetlejuice! "We're so close that she grabbed my heart...literally".
Sep 11, 2016 11:53 AM
Sep 2016
PaperCutAssassin said:
When are they gonna revisit the fact that there were two Subaru's in the first episode? When he's leaving the convenience store in the first few minutes they show another version of him dying and saying something like "I have to stop you from going." They gonna wrap that up or just hope for a second season to explain it?

The dying scene could've just been there to tell the audience what's gonna happen.
Sep 11, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2015
Very good episode.
Subaru didnt die which means noice...
Btw only 1 episode left oh god.
Sep 11, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Gustavo_Vidal said:
Where did Julius mouth go '-'?

Wow, nice catch! There's actually one frame that blinks where Julius appears without the line drawing the mouth.
Sep 11, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2012
For those who complain about the drawings: you deserve something like that in dragon ball super, all time, really.

By the way, can anyone explain to me what part, about Satella, has been erased?
Sep 11, 2016 12:05 PM
Feb 2014
Thank god we didn't see the apple vendor guy. They better not end it on a cliffhanger because my heart won't be able to handle it.
Sep 11, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm, I'm not satisfied with not really knowing who the witch is, why Subaru was summoned to the world, and etc. I hope it is revealed in the last episode.
Sep 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
PaperCutAssassin said:
Bruv, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Is it the part when he tells the dead Emilia on the floor, "I will save you" in the intro of the first episode? Because now I noticed something odd. As if the witches hand took a past Subaru to her world.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 11, 2016 12:08 PM

Sep 2016
THE SLOTH GUY IS STILL ALIVE IN THIS TIMELINE!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 11, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2015
My guilty pleasure desire is going up immensely through this episode. Is it SO bad I want an episode where it is literally Subaru and all important characters in a room then Wilhelm stands up with a list and tells everyone of all the amazing shit Subaru has done so Emilia's faith is restored?

I felt the same about 'god damn I want to see their reactions to his death!!!'. From a quality screenwriting point, it'd be pure wish fulfillment but god damn it they TEASE us with him being under a robe and Wilhelm not mentioning that Subaru is the reason for the treaty with Crusch... sometimes you wanna see MC get some appreciation, you know? Or see people be saddened by loss of MC, It's terrible Ik but we've all had that guilty pleasure.

God damn it..... give us some wish fulfillment, we've suffered so much during this series, we've earned it, no?????
Sep 11, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
This was actually a pretty good episode, and after seeing the episode itself, yeah there were some animation problems, like a few expressions art derps and some of the animation is quite choppy at times, but it didn't really took the experience away for me. I actually like it, but I think they're going to save up until the last episode, hopefully.

And oh boy next week is where this series ends... that's quite sad really.
Sep 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Dec 2015
What is this Ordeal they talked about in this episode? I didn't get it
Sep 11, 2016 12:19 PM
Feb 2009
underwhelming episode nonetheless it was awesome cause of Felis and Julius bromance with Subaru:)
Sep 11, 2016 12:20 PM
Aug 2013
Linck5 said:

They literally explained it this episode, they want to test emilia if she is worthy to become the witches vessel and if she is they let satella posses her, although if she isnt it also doesnt matter since the witch is going to be reborn soon anyway.
Sep 11, 2016 12:22 PM
Aug 2012
On my way to steal yo girl

Sep 11, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Angry_Always said:
My guilty pleasure desire is going up immensely through this episode. Is it SO bad I want an episode where it is literally Subaru and all important characters in a room then Wilhelm stands up with a list and tells everyone of all the amazing shit Subaru has done so Emilia's faith is restored?

I felt the same about 'god damn I want to see their reactions to his death!!!'. From a quality screenwriting point, it'd be pure wish fulfillment but god damn it they TEASE us with him being under a robe and Wilhelm not mentioning that Subaru is the reason for the treaty with Crusch... sometimes you wanna see MC get some appreciation, you know? Or see people be saddened by loss of MC, It's terrible Ik but we've all had that guilty pleasure.

God damn it..... give us some wish fulfillment, we've suffered so much during this series, we've earned it, no?????
He got appreciation before though. Like when he had to handle the curse and the wolves.

His reward was Rem too, at that point.

Autocrat said:
Sep 11, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2016
do people really found the animation bad? come on, i didnt even noticed it, it might not be the same outstanding from the first episodes, but it isnt bad... i mean, even JoJo had Animation Struggles, but that doesnt mean the episode was bad lmao, ORANGE is doing worse in both, to the point i cant ignore the derpy faces, and i cant help but laugh at the "Feel" scenes. now that is BAD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 11, 2016 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Flawfinder said:
So I guess the series is just going to be on auto-pilot for its remaining time given how these past few weeks have been nothing but bad animation, too many conflicts driven by circumstance rather than characterization, and all the tension-filled scenes are once again erased by Subaru's time-travel powers.

Disagree, disagree, disagree.

Flawfinder said:
Smudy said:
Take a look at Orange episode 8-10, THAT didn't look good and THEN it's an issue. Besides the priorities on art and animation in this anime is clearly not on the fights, but on emotional and impactful scenes, they know what actually gets you the most.

Re:Zero has been on the same quality as Orange for a while now.

Not really. It's you wishing it were the case. ... What's there to complain is stuff like this:

...the "from afar"s - where in this case, Wilhelm, Subaru and Julius might've not been drawn well... More even, Subaru kept talking while the frame kept still... Didn't appear good.

Rest is again, you wishing it was 'bad'.
removed-userSep 11, 2016 12:31 PM
Sep 11, 2016 12:26 PM
Apr 2012
Seriously Subaru needs to stop pissing off Beattlejuice,..
Sep 11, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2008
ColdBreeze said:
Smudy said:
It's posted in this discussion thread for this episode. People should not get in here if they haven't watched the episode, so they have themselves to blame xD
Ah, I meant Subaru at the picture. It spoils the next episode a bit.
It's not really a spoiler for people who don't know what's going to happen. I'm looking at Subaru in the picture and I still don't really know what it's supposed to spoil. I see something different about his eye but there could be multiple possibilities for that. Maybe he gains a new power, maybe he's actually evil, maybe he's possessed by something again, maybe it's something else entirely...I have no idea.
Sep 11, 2016 12:29 PM
Jul 2014
I just think that episode 25 ending wont be as good as I hope, cant see it being wrapped up as there is much more to the story.
Soit will mostlikely stay on 8/10.

Somebody knows how much there is adapted in the novels right now?
Sep 11, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
cant wait for the anime community to explode next week

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Seohyeon said:

I know .. i noticed that too .. I think they really rushed it to finish this series .. Most of the episode they skipped the opening and endings .. that means more stuff for animation .. its a lot more work for them .. but very disappointed as well.. since the fight with the whale the art and animation is bad.. if you compare the latest episode with the first episodes of re zero you will see what i mean .. the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..

I'm sorry but then you're not aware of the reality that is called production. Imagine it as one big machine with a loads of cogs. Throughout the production problems are bound to happens which pushes everything after it behind. This accumulates until eventually the quality suffers from it. As sad as it is this is a common thing in the industry. Studios work to minimize this process but it's always bound to be recognizable. The fact that this didn't occur until close to the end especially with the additional screening time is actually an achievement in itself. What you do here is being negative about something that is actually remarkable in the scope of the entire production.
They need to watch Canipa Show videos and be schooled about animation
Sup...

Dec 2015
Kirasaya said:
Linck5 said:

They literally explained it this episode, they want to test emilia if she is worthy to become the witches vessel and if she is they let satella posses her, although if she isnt it also doesnt matter since the witch is going to be reborn soon anyway.

ohh of course, I don't know how I missed that, thanks
Sep 11, 2016 12:32 PM
Feb 2008
That animation didn´t bother me that much, but... I am a bit worried about how they will fit all information to the last episode, you know fight + subaru find out about Rem etc. And ofc there are a lot of things missing in previous episodes. I hope they will not make any crazy cliffhanger end. Also I hope for second season of this anime, because the web novel translating is so slow and light novel one translating is super slow too, but well...
Let´s see what next week will show to us.

Aug 2012
Emilia is a vessel like a lot of people assumed.

Decent episode. New check point. Subaru uses what he's learned to progress further.

Felt underwhelming when you compare it to last episode.

Hunter562 said:
On my way to steal yo girl

May 2016
flack said:
Seriously Subaru needs to stop pissing off Beattlejuice,..

It looks like Subaru is getting some catharsis from trolling Petelgeuse haha.
Sep 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
Jack_Corvus96 said:
do people really found the animation bad? come on, i didnt even noticed it, it might not be the same outstanding from the first episodes, but it isnt bad... i mean, even JoJo had Animation Struggles, but that doesnt mean the episode was bad lmao, ORANGE is doing worse in both, to the point i cant ignore the derpy faces, and i cant help but laugh at the "Feel" scenes. now that is BAD
I notice this a lot on MAL. I guess it's really a priority for some people. For me, I care more about if I find the show entertaining. The art and animation would have to be extremely bad for it to get in the way of my enjoyment.
Sep 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
HikaruKaneko said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:
I notice this a lot on MAL. I guess it's really a priority for some people. For me, I care more about if I find the show entertaining. The art and animation would have to be extremely bad for it to get in the way of my enjoyment.

We all know those.

Autocrat said:
Sep 11, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
Flawfinder said:
So I guess the series is just going to be on auto-pilot for its remaining time given how these past few weeks have been nothing but bad animation, too many conflicts driven by circumstance rather than characterization, and all the tension-filled scenes are once again erased by Subaru's time-travel powers.

Smudy said:
Take a look at Orange episode 8-10, THAT didn't look good and THEN it's an issue. Besides the priorities on art and animation in this anime is clearly not on the fights, but on emotional and impactful scenes, they know what actually gets you the most.

Re:Zero has been on the same quality as Orange for a while now.

No, just no. Have you SEEN Orange episode 9? How can you even think about comparing that trainwreck to this episode?

Seriously what is wrong with people's definition of bad animation these days.....
Sep 11, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2016
It was in this moment, that Felix became best trap....

Sep 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Feb 2012
Quick question. I've noticed that many of the problems and mysteries in this show haven't been solved and I don't think it will be even possible to answer all of them in the next episode without the episode's quality suffering. So is ep 25 going to be the end of Re: Zero or does the story continue in the LNs, AND do you think they will release a 2nd season if it does?
Sep 2016
I just love to see how people are so fast when it comes to criticize animation quality, while not knowing and not giving a single shit about how their favorite anime is done, what kind of problems it faces during its production, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, complaining and bitching about something they're not paying for or supporting anyway (I know that not everyone has the chance to do it, but just trying to watch it legally wouldn't hurt..).

Just think about the poor underpaid animators for a moment, before bitching on how the animation was shit (your opinion) jeez!

Not to mention today's episode animation wasn't even that bad (the characters were always faithful to their model sheet), apart from the choreography which could've been better.

If you really want to know what bad animation is, go watch Dragon Ball Super lel

Feb 2016
HikaruKaneko said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Exactly, the overall quality is fine as it is, if the episode delivers the hype, that is the only thing that matters
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 11, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
found myself a new BROTP (the first was subaru and crusch)
Sep 11, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2016
Nitralon said:
Why people was hypeing me for a ''Long conversation with the witch and Subaru'' that didnt happened? I was waiting for that....

New checkpoint, and AFTER the whale, Happines over 9000!

Felix best trap?

I was thinking who was possible to Emilia to didnt recognize Subaru, an then they explained that magic cloak, that was smart

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.