Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 10, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Lucia D:
At least she's alive...I would of been pissed if she died like that.

Akane feels slightly out of character. Meanwhile, there's also the other girls working together including Lucia. Kagari's role in this episode is also noticeable for her narrative about their world. Still, I'm really glad to see Lucia doing much better now.
Sep 10, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
A boring episode, the worst of this new route.
Sep 10, 2016 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
Kotarou is really a jerk. 1-They do not care about Lucia and Shizuru 2-Lucia sacrifices himself for Kotori and especially for "Kotarou" At the moment that it is spirit to have fun with Kagari and Kotori (I hate them it is character girls) Key really makes from preference, I understand why he(it) is criticized for these persos stupid(weak) as Kotori
3-Kotarou in madman completely of Lucia and Shizuru On sees good that Kotori Akane and Chihaya are well advanced and Lucia and fast forgotten Shizuru irritates His(Her,Its) me. For once that in one of these works of "Key" I finally stuck with persos. Lucia and Shizuru but seen how they are erased and badly developed. Tssss
Sep 10, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2015
Oh well, the occult member are reuniting and some bath.
I believe that Kagari are starting to feel something's "wrong" happen after see Koutaru half-naked in this episode. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2016 9:35 AM

Feb 2016
Idk why so much hate it was giving more background this episode the last 2 are gonna be the big fight and the beginning of salvation occuring, i enjoyed this episode but tbh anime onlys probably wouldnt enjoy it nor vn readers oh well at least it isnt an unwatchable adaptation even though its nothing compared to the VN i still fairly enjoy it.

Sep 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
I thought this original route would be good since Romeo wrote it.

But this doesn't feel like Rewrite at all. I don't know what Romeo is doing with all this fanservice.

This anime is a flat-out disaster.
Sep 10, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2011
As expected Lucia is not dead, I guess it won't say it anymore further since it's obvious.

Anyway, I don't understand anything about the first part. The explanation's dull, I don't know what it is trying to convey since it's all mixed and messed up.

And also as expected, they will throw suddenly some "serious" part at the end while the rest are mostly comedy. It seems I get it now the formula of every Rewrite episode.

Meh, I still praise this for being good light-hearted. I guess this is the main goal of this show.
TennoujiSep 10, 2016 9:42 AM

Sep 10, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
I just finished the episode, and I don't have a very clear mind towards this, but apparently this turns a bit like the Moon Route mixed in a bit. It feels like that due to the characters not wanting to kill Kagari, so they disregard their own factions goals and rules and wouldn't really want to cause harm to each other. This is basically what I thought when I read the Visual Novel to be fairly honest with you. The characters honestly do not want to attack each other, and they dont want to hurt each other since they're friends (well, the anime didn't portrayed that part very well in the Common Route, albeit rushed but I will say it was still enjoyable).

I kinda like how they gave this episode focus around the factions goals and their usage for Kagari, really like that since its one thing that the series needed, some sort of explanation through the factions and what their goals are. Though they could have done it a little better of course. Not saying that this is horribly done but it was nice to see that again.

I also like these little segments around the interaction of the characters, or at least the ones inside of the area, since they're getting along again and just having the usual nostalgic fun, I guess its trying to demonstrate what I stated previously.

Though my only issue from the episode was of course this:

How did Lucia ended up there? Didn't she fell off from a cliff or sorts? Unless the cliff somehow leaded her to that area.

Other than that, good episode I guess, also, the new arrangement for the OST was pretty great, I NEED THEM DOWNLOADS NOW.
Sep 10, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
exleader75 said:
I thought this original route would be good since Romeo wrote it.

But this doesn't feel like Rewrite at all. I don't know what Romeo is doing with all this fanservice.

This anime is a flat-out disaster.

Eh well, I thought it was fine, I think they did some nice job at trying to show what the is trying to say, at least for me since I read the VN. Of course that might be a personal bias since I like how its going a bit, albeit I can't deny this is more light hearted than serious.
Sep 10, 2016 9:44 AM
Jan 2014
so getting salvation? the song will trigger it.

shizuru vs lucia still seem possible.
Sep 10, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
Thank goodness Lucia survived! And got licked by Kagari! XD Nice bath scene too. XD But that ominous end...fun time's over, I hope these final two episodes won't be too tragic, but...
Sep 10, 2016 9:46 AM

May 2014
For someone who has read VN this feels painful to watch. This is turning out to me Umineko all over again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2016 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Sparteh said:
For someone who has read VN this feels painful to watch. This is turning out to me Umineko all over again.

I haven't read Umineko yet so I can't understand that pain, although I have seen the anime... I thought it was shit by an anime only point of view xD But eh. >-<
Sep 10, 2016 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
redstormer said:
so getting salvation? the song will trigger it.

shizuru vs lucia still seem possible.

We'll probably have salvation, probably. And its still possible.
Sep 10, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 2014
Sparteh said:

well if you didn't know the higurashi writer is also in this.

mostly lucia part though.but the anime original so he probaly not here also.
Sep 10, 2016 9:54 AM
Aug 2015
That bath scene makes no sense imo. Wouldn't the poison from Lucia affect everyone in the water? Just gloves is not enough protection, her sweat is also poisonous.
Sep 10, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2014
TheLittleRedHero said:
Sparteh said:

I haven't read Umineko yet so I can't understand that pain, although I have seen the anime... I thought it was shit by an anime only point of view xD But eh. >-<

Umineko VN is without the doubt one of the best VN out there. VNs quality level is that of Steins;Gate, but adaptation was completely trash.

redstormer said:
Sparteh said:

I know. Lucia's route had that feeling as well and it was quite good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
skachano said:
That bath scene makes no sense imo. Wouldn't the poison from Lucia affect everyone in the water? Just gloves is not enough protection, her sweat is also poisonous.

If you try to compare this to the visual novel, I'll give you tons of contradictions that has anime made so it's better not to think about it.

I'm just holding myself not to state the contradictions that I found while watching this since I'm viewing this as a guy who's trying to not compare this anime to the visual novel.

Sep 10, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Sparteh said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Umineko VN is without the doubt one of the best VN out there. VNs quality level is that of Steins;Gate, but adaptation was completely trash.

redstormer said:

I know. Lucia's route had that feeling as well and it was quite good.

Well I am planning on reading it pretty soon, I just need to get the downloads and spaces, thats all.
Sep 10, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
Bath scene was completely retarded generic cliche shit. How to ruin series in 30sec
Gave 3/5, deserves 2/5
Sep 10, 2016 10:20 AM
Jun 2014
So... is the VN structured similar to this (random forced comedy, plot development that has about the depth of a puddle, plot holes and loose ends galore) or have they just pulled a Charlotte with this anime adaptation?
Sep 10, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
lpf said:
Stark700 said:
Akane feels slightly out of character.
I see that your Japanese is still rough on the edges to say the least, since you totally missed the holy woman explanation... Or is your Japanese good but you were livestreaming three series at the same time to make sure you open their episode threads? It must be tough watching all those anime without understanding half of the story...

The holy woman's explanation is so dull and mixed and messed up. To the point that it seems it's mostly an extra and wouldn't be able to give two shits. I don't know if they'll explain about holy women more. Seriously any anime-only watcher wouldn't be able to bother anything about the holy woman's explanation.

This one guy for example:
Lelouch0202 said:

I didn't completely understand what was happening to Akane, Probably will have to rewatch those scenes later.

Akane's route's explanation is simply straightforward yet it explained fully clear.

AzureSymphony said:
So... is the VN structured similar to this (random forced comedy, plot development that has about the depth of a puddle, plot holes and loose ends galore) or have they just pulled a Charlotte with this anime adaptation?

The visual novel is totally different to the anime. But I can't say this anime pulled a Charlotte either. The visual novel has strong dark-themed, incomparable to this one.
TennoujiSep 10, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 10, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
AzureSymphony said:

The second option.
Sep 10, 2016 10:22 AM
Jan 2014
this episode mostly explained akane route
Sep 10, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
Finally an episode with better pacing, less derps and more characterization
4/5

my favorite ep so far
Sep 10, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
Nothing much happened in the episode but it was still nice I guess.

Glad to see Lucia survived.

Lucky Koutarou getting to see the bath. XD
I didn't completely understand what was happening to Akane, Probably will have to rewatch those scenes later.
Sep 10, 2016 10:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode of the new route. I'm liking the reveals and the bonding between Lucia and the group.
Sep 10, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
Not surprisingly, Lucia survived. I guess that was to be expected.

For some reason I had trouble devoting all of my attention to this episode, but judging by the way the it ended, I think it's safe to say that shit is about to go down.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 10, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
Episode without much development, I expected a little more excitement in this final phase of the anime, showed the preparation for the great final battle, but did not bring the excitement I expected, I hope that the next episodes will be very excited and with some surprises ..
Sep 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
Pochi_ said:
A boring episode, the worst of this new route.

This. Why another build up episode? I think we only got build up since episode 7, just get on already. I can't even see how it will go for 2 more episodes because there is so much thing that must happen in so little short span of episode.

I just hope the next episode isnt another build up anymore.
Sep 10, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
Another episode where absolutely fucking nothing happens. The fact that Lucia survived is pretty damn lame. A heroine's death might have made this original route more interesting, but of course they're afraid to do it, sigh.
Sep 10, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2016
AzureSymphony said:

I loved Charlotte except the rushed ending it was not as bad as people say it is tbh.

Sep 10, 2016 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
GOOD MEMORIES CANNOT BE SAD!

Loved this episode. Fuck the haters. The ending was hype!
Sep 10, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2015
The episode went a little too fast for me, and not much happened. At least they set up the ominous atmosphere right for what's to come.

Sep 10, 2016 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
Somehow i hate this adaption more and more every epsode, its like they're not even trying anymore.
Sep 10, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
I found this episode really enjoyable but again I find the anime-original route very enjoyable for what it is. It still feels like the VN Rewrite with the story and characters. "Good.... Memories...." when Kagari looks at the moon was foreshadowing for whats later on.

With Lucia being alive I've already expected it because first of all she's a superhuman so it's harder for her to die.

For the friendship theme that the anime has been trying was in the VN for one route where Kotarou mentions it he wanted the club back together which the anime has been doing.

The Holy Woman was interesting to see and it displayed much better than how the VN did it.

Only part I didn't like was hot spring scene otherwise very good episode.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 10, 2016 2:22 PM

Aug 2015
It's pretty obvious this episode was for build up for the last 2 episodes. I wish they didn't have to shove some fan service into it though.
Sep 10, 2016 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
Isn't the next episode the last one? I think they are couting the 1st 60 min episode as 2 episodes.
Sep 10, 2016 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
eslej said:
Isn't the next episode the last one? I think they are couting the 1st 60 min episode as 2 episodes.

No, it's 13 episodes.
Sep 10, 2016 2:58 PM
Mar 2016
Who is this Shimako anyways, and what about that old woman?
Sep 10, 2016 2:58 PM
Jul 2016
I know that the adaptation is not good and I found many parts where I wanted to scream, but I am enjoying the anime, am I weird?

The thing I got from the episode was:
1)Kagari is turning more human feeling shame and embarrassment and possible attraction to Kotarou.
2) The holy woman explanation was messy, I understood it since I read the VN, but I think that a casual anime only will have a hard time understanding it, I say casual since is not messier than Evangelion or Zetsuen explanations.
3) Is Sakuya throwing up blood really a joke?
4) Kagari is losing consciousness due to the song.
5) Tenma, the baldy, is damn good at playing the piano.

Also Why Lucia is okay when Chihaya and Kagari touched her?
She is supposed to hate to be touched since every living being will die if they come into contact with her, that also applies to the bath, I am pretty sure that the poison doesn't come out only from her hands, but from her whole body, maybe it's an anime contradiction, which isn't weird considering that the VN also had contradictions with Sakuya's route.
Sep 10, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
Whoahoho said:
Who is this Shimako anyways, and what about that old woman?

That old woman is Akane's obaa-sama, the current holy woman, the current leader of Gaia, one who received all the memories and emotions from the previous holy women, lost her individuality because she was crushed by all those memories and emotions and now wants to destroy humanity. Currently sending all the holy women's memories and emotions to Akane. Is not spoiler, it was explained in the anime in 1-2 minutes.

Shimako is spoiler, the most I can say is that she is living with Akane and Akane kinda likes her and takes care of her. I guess they will explain super fast the connection she has with Akane at the last chapter, but one can guess her connection with Akane by now.
Sep 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
Murasa22 said:
GOOD MEMORIES CANNOT BE SAD!

Loved this episode. Fuck the haters. The ending was hype!

So much hype my garbage threw themselves out!

Also, look at the score. That's a lot of people to fuck!
N7n4shiSep 10, 2016 3:27 PM
Sep 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
So Akane is now descending into madness it seems, meanwhile Lucia survived falling from a cliff...landing in an area not close to a cliff? Whatever, atleast with the Dino lose, it'll will likely get serious...now!
Sep 10, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
eslej said:

No, it's 13 episodes.

Unfortunately. In this form this thing doesn't deserve even 1 episode.
Sep 10, 2016 3:37 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Do we really need this many random service scenes? I mean they're not as bad as the ones they added for Kajitsu but still...

More importantly I find it kind of ironic that they manage to squeeze in episodes like this where almost nothing happens so close to the end of the show when they already have like one fifth of the episodes they actually needed. Could at least try to use what little time you have at your disposal for some actual plot progression instead :s
Sep 10, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
eslej said:

No, it's 13 episodes.
in that case I'll watch the last two episodes, even though I dropped it.....besides I need a reason to get drunk and the last two episodes are my reasons lol.
Sep 10, 2016 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad to see that Lucia survived!
Sep 10, 2016 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Ranoutofideas said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

No, it's 13 episodes.
in that case I'll watch the last two episodes, even though I dropped it.....besides I need a reason to get drunk and the last two episodes are my reasons lol.

Wait... why even drop something when you're close to the end of a series? No offense though... I just find it ridiculous. I guess that's just my way of thinking.
Sep 10, 2016 4:06 PM

Jan 2015
E. Dragon CG ... well, it isn't really a surprise.
Will Midou alone control E. Dragon? omfg Anime Midou must have too much lifespan, because I thought it was impossible (VN)
Anime Lucia isn't too loyal to Guardian huh ... switching sides for personal reasons, fk the world.

JanusVonMaria said:

5) Tenma, the baldy, is damn good at playing the piano.

For sure, anyone who can play piano even without hands are damn good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.