Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 25, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2012
AzuStar said:

if the build up was for the student council massacre then i guess i understand your feelings. Most i could get from it is that about a dozen anime looking character designs got the crazy eyes on a Wednseday.

though, i feel like there wasn't build up for this scene.

(i will say that some of the deaths were creative atleast)
Yeah, my build up was referring to the whole story always mentioning this specific event. I was really hyping this but I think they managed it poorly. There was no actual build up in the episode it actually happens. When it came up, it was like "Ok this happened. Let's move on." It would have been so much better if they had dedicated at least 2-5 minutes to the student council or something...

We don't actually see *that* video (which was probably used to slightly brainwash them with what Junko learned with Mitarai, making it easier for them to kill each other). They just drop us in the middle of these characters to suddenly start killing each other. No emotional attachment whatsoever. The only cool part was the couple. That took, what, 10 seconds? Imagine if they had cut 2-5 minutes from the rest of the episode and used it to make us care for the council? Heck, Chiaki wasn't even there...

But I think my biggest problem is the fact that Kodaka went with the easy way with Kamakura by not making him kill anyone (aside from the guy he killed in self defense). Making it this easy after so much story feels like a let-down. The fact no one actually died makes Kamakura redeeming himself too easy (unless he actually ends up killing Chiaki out of "malice"/despair) and shifts almost the entire blame to Junko, which is stupid in my opinion. The point of Kamakura (up until this episode) was that it's a mistake made by Hajime and Hope's Peak, which was an inhumane project even before Junko stepped in. Shifting so much of the blame to Junko ruins the fact that I expected Hajime (and Hope's Peak too, but that's already destroyed) to actually cope with his mistake instead of just being "Junko was 99% of what was wrong. The rest/me was only 1% so it's fine. Everything would have played out perfectly if not for her." (They obviously won't make it this direct but if they really go the way they hinted at with this, that's pretty much the main point.) Pretty cheap in my opinion...

Hopefully next episode will be better since WE'LL (hopefully) FINALLY SEE OTONASHI AND YASUKE ANIMATED.
BluexMageAug 25, 2016 3:04 PM
Aug 25, 2016 3:05 PM
Jun 2016
Holy shit.... Mukuro singing Tsubasa made it all the more insane to me. I knew they were crazy, but damn. The Despair sisters are fucking maniacs. That stuff at the beginning with Mitarai was hilarious, though.
Aug 25, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
Hm....
Again the Animeception thing was hinted. Like the Symbol on the screen was the backruond for Komaeda in the OP scene. And the THE END was the THE END of the Anime titel we watch.
So here is the thing. Junko grabbed Mitarai and kiddnaped him + Mikan.
She will use him and his skills for a purpose.....the question is when? And the biggest thing is Mitarai didnt even need to be RoD to be a puppet of Junko.
"sigh" i really hope this is not Animeception.

We have 5 episodes left. The last episode doesn't count because this SideDespair episode will be the last episode for the whole series. So it wouldn`t make sense to show us after the "final" conclusion in the Future Arc again the past of something we all saw/know. So the end will be something unexpected and most likely a ironic twist of Kodaka`s side.
Well we still need the NeoWorldProgramm, Junko`s Boyfriend, Chiakis final conclusion and how the 77th class fall into despair.

The censor thing kinda annoyed me for obvious reasons. "sigh"
But it was well executed :P^^ Kinda drastic.
The episode was okayish........
I think the biggest problem is everyone is waiting for the big twist because we have no idear at the moment.
Ofc there are theory`s and several important and obvious hints towards something big. For both FutureSide and DespairSide.
Aug 25, 2016 3:55 PM
Nov 2015
Oh god, that was great, I'm guessing the student council mutual killing game was from DR: Zero, though I haven't read it yet, so I can't be sure. Nevertheless, that was the best episode by far. I also really loved the game's ost playing in the background near the end-ish.
Aug 25, 2016 4:24 PM

Sep 2012
After seeing the subs, I have to agree with BluexMage. The beginning was fantastic, but the part with the student council was incredible rushed. I mean, I should have expected this after Episode 3 and Twilight Syndrome (is still one of the best episodes, but obviously a 2-episodes-made-into-1 job), but c'mon now:

"We're the Student Council!"
"Kill each other"
"Okay"

I didn't like how Future Episode 7 ended and how they handled the episode itself (it should have been half Komaru and Toko, half the killing game and then have it end in the next episode) but the finale of this episode wasn't very good either. Hopeman's and Junko's fanservice were great though.
Aug 25, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2016
Pretty harsh dirty joke in the first part, but the second half is unbearable.

HUAAAA!! GO AWAY FROM 77th class, Junko! I'm surprised chiaki wasn't the participant of the firstly killing game. Srsly ppl shouldn't theorized this in the first place. I wonder if they become ultimate despair because of mitarai's brainwashing animation, and how chiaki might manage to escape junko's analitic ability.

Reserve course students's [except hajime] "parade" excellently explained there. Junko showed despair to izuru. And according to his analitic ability, izuru even didn't try to escape.

Juuzo still a gay~
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Aug 25, 2016 4:33 PM

Jan 2016
Gazer said:
Tamura said:
DR:Zero

Here I guess:

Great episode, plane crash and crying Mukuro were hilarious as heck.

http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Soshun_Murasame
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Aug 25, 2016 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
Do not search the names of those student council members on google lmao. xDD

I regret my decision.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 25, 2016 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
That got really brutal but felt a bit rushed. They're reasons for killing each other felt stupid.

That ending got me hyped! Everything has gone to shit!

She deserved better ;_;
Aug 25, 2016 4:56 PM

Dec 2008
Fantastic.
I was hoping to see the first mutual killing, but holy shit that was very disturbing.
Excellent episode. Love all those Junko moments <3 You never fail me babe.
Aug 25, 2016 5:12 PM

Sep 2015
ah~ smell of evangelion: 2.0 you can (not) advance
ah i wish they hurry up with last part

danganronpa rule you can't suicide
Into the Internet!
Aug 25, 2016 5:13 PM
Aug 2011
How did we go from a banana/donut innuendos to this?
Danganronpa never fails to be over-the-top ridiculous and that's what I signed up for.

Komaeda in this episode ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Aug 25, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2013
I knew what was going to happen, but it still didn't make sense, nothing was explained well or at all. Starting with Mitarai, if he was truly passionate about anime he wouldn't be working with Junko due to her insolence. Kamukura just tags along for no reason. He has his memories wiped but it made no sense. Surely with his impossible speed and op abilities he could do anything. Obviously much more about him is yet to be revealed. The classroom scene, I guess nobody could notify the authorities. What happened to the security? I guess they were killed, but it still is a stretch that nobody was notified at such a prestigious institution with advanced security. Then people are easily influenced by the bait and kill each other, even killing those that were going to kill themselves anyway. It didn't make any sense, even after playing the game.
Aug 25, 2016 5:18 PM
Aug 2016
Karrwin said:
Hmm I am starting to see some problems with this adaptation.

First, aren't junko and mukuro already studying in the school - as first year students? We were not given any direct scenes between them and the rest of their class. Atleast 1 would have been nice ... you know ... to remind us that they are infact students in this academy too. I know it has been mentioned that they were accepted, and that this is DR3 with 3 meaning that you really should know what it is about already, and thats why I am saying it is a problem with the adaptation, not the story.

Second, wasn't this supposed to happen during their second school year? I mean junko and mukuro's. Atleast thats what I remember from the first game.

Third, how are ryota and ??? officially shsl animator and shsl impostor at the same time? If ryota received the invitation but ??? got in his place, how is ??? having his title on his introduction screen then? Is ??? an older student? How are the classes complete then? Or is this just hope's peak staff being awesome to be able recognize them both? If so how are they not able to see junko's real talent, even though junko is playing with them so directly?

Again I am not saying that these are plot holes or anything, it just isn't explained very well by this point.

first of all class of 78th is not focus on this arc. there's not enough time if they have to show how they interacted each other. even now the student council mutual killing is rushed and htey still have many events they needs to cover (DR0, The closing of HPA, how class of 77th fall to despair)

2. i think some time has passed after they entered the academy like 3 or 4 months. and HPA is closed and turned into shelter right after class of 78th enter they 2nd year which menas there is some time gap between now and when class of 78th graduated

3. i can't say much about impostor but i think the academy expected him to imitate someone else and maybe they realize that impostor takes Mitarai place. and Mitarai still can graduate without even attend class, and for Junko she is very smart girl and able to hide her analytical talent and fool the HPA scout departement. She creates the fashionista talent as aresult of her talent to be able analyze and predict fashion trend
Aug 25, 2016 5:29 PM

Apr 2016
That entire scene..... Holy shit, that was intense...

Like, I feel the despair from here......

And poor Mitarai and Mikan are stuck with this chick, I feel so sad for them...

My only problem would probably be that this scene from the novel wasn't adapted into the anime as it should:

Other than that, amazing episode.....
Lord_ThantusAug 25, 2016 5:37 PM
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Aug 25, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
HOLY SHIT.

The murder massacre was brutal, I didn't expect so much gore, I cringed a bit ;__; despair everywhere though I agree that the student council didn't need that much convincing...unless Mukuro killing one of them did the trick or sth.

THE BANANA AND DONUT INUENDO, I LMAO THERE X'DDD Also...MIKAN AND IMPOSTOR KABEDON and KOMAEDA NAKEEEEEED ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm so glad Chiaki didn't die, but jesus...Junko manipulating everything saying it was Izuru who killed everyone is MADNESS.

I'm liking Ryota more and more now but I can't help thinking he'll be the traitor in Mirai-hen...I mean, he literally said his anime could brainwash people and he had to show it to JUNKO...Welp, sorry bro, your anime is probably going to be used in a way that causes DESPAIR.

Wonder if this whole anime thing will be kinda like the second game where we learn, by the end, that it was all really a game? Will this also be solved by saying it was all just an anime...? I really hope not.
Aug 25, 2016 6:01 PM

Aug 2011
That was seriously disturbing

» Escapism.

Aug 25, 2016 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
Well, those deaths were pretty brutal. I honestly don't have much to say, to be frank I feel like this was one of the weaker episodes. Junko provided a lot of fun moments, as did the brief moments with the cast of Danganronpa 2, namely the banana/doughnut scene but overall felt a bit rushed, like others had say. We saw more of Nagito than I would've liked and also not enough of him.
Aug 25, 2016 6:02 PM
Sep 2012
ListAandM said:

Aug 25, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2015
Linkmstr said:
ListAandM said:

few blackmail and in few sec everybody killing each other
Into the Internet!
Aug 25, 2016 6:26 PM
Sep 2012
ListAandM said:
Linkmstr said:

few blackmail and in few sec everybody killing each other

Aug 25, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
That Junko fanservice... Oh what am I talking about, Junko being on screen is fanservice on its own. And that Komaeda fanservice... Lol.

Entire time everyone was killing each other, I was wondering where Chiaki was. Thank goodness she safe... still.
Aug 25, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2016
I sat down to watch this episode thinking it would be so-so,BUT BOIII WAS I WRONG!! I clicked start and from the end of the OP until the last second this episode had me enthralled. I inhaled and when I realized I was exhaling the episode was over. I feel like an empty husk right now, from the student council ordeal. The end of Hope's Peak is nigh, and I feel dependency to this show right now. I simply cannot put into words this masterpiece of an episode. It does what this series sets out to do, launch the world into despair. This episode has most definitely launched me into despair...
Aug 25, 2016 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
Best episode yet. God damn, they just keep rising the bar.

That killing scene was amazing, and Mukuro singing was hilarious. The scene with the SDR2 characters was great too, Gundham, Saionji and Teruteru were great.

I'm really liking Junko now. I did not expect this. Thanks, Despair-hen.
Aug 25, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2014
Wow can't they at least introduce all of those student council students first before kill them with gory deaths? I want to at least know the hoodie girl's name.. RIP ;(
That last death of the guy done by the chainsaw tho... Ouch. Uncensored version when?

Despair-filling episodes indeed. Best Despair Arc episodes so far.
Rushed, but it expressed most of things it wants to tell, so don't really mind. It really reminded me a lot of Corpse Party and Another for some reason.

I guess
Aug 25, 2016 7:21 PM

Jun 2012
Karrwin said:

Third, how are ryota and ??? officially shsl animator and shsl impostor at the same time? If ryota received the invitation but ??? got in his place, how is ??? having his title on his introduction screen then? Is ??? an older student? How are the classes complete then? Or is this just hope's peak staff being awesome to be able recognize them both? If so how are they not able to see junko's real talent, even though junko is playing with them so directly?

Again I am not saying that these are plot holes or anything, it just isn't explained very well by this point.

I think ??? supposed to be in the 78th class originaly, but since the real Byakuya was going to enroll in the school he had to switch places with someone (Ryota) to keep his disguise.
Aug 25, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2016
Junko did more to expose the crimes of HPA by sending out that mass e-mail than Jin, Tengan, Kizakura, Munakata, Chisa, and Juzo combined

Thank you, Junko
Aug 25, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
not sure how i feel about this episode felt like it should of been spread across 2 episodes
and this Mutual game... i know it was the first one so it was suppose to be really messy but geez i kinda got a sick feeling watching that, something about the DR series that does murder in a more "for lack of better words" light hearted way there's some charm to it so watching that made reminded me of like battle royal or corpse party ...at least the blood was still pink.
Aug 25, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2015
Hearing Tsubasa wo Kudasai play kept reminding me of the last few episodes of Assassination Classroom. How fitting.
Aug 25, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
One of the better episodes yet. Unlike some other people, I can't see this episode as rushed at all. We had only 2 main events this episode: Mitarai's anime and the killing. We LITERALLY had no reason to need to know who each of the student counsel members were because the event is the important part. In fact, if the killing game was a full episode that would probably feel too stretched out. The fact that the whole killing happened so quickly that nobody knew what was what made it more intense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2016 8:08 PM

May 2014
fuck you junko!!!!!
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Aug 25, 2016 8:21 PM

May 2008

This was straight up Corpse Party type shit right here. This fucked me up big time. Especially the decapitation aftermath..

Aug 25, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
@KamiKiwi
So, somebody tried to translate the names and put it on the wikia. Unfortunately we don't know who is who XD

http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tragedy_of_Hope%27s_Peak_Academy

Aug 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2015
Manecleis said:
What 'shocked' me in this episode is that I believed Nanami was one of the members of the student council (wasn't she elected or something in the first few episodes?), and I thought she was going to get killed there. I'm still sure she's going to die somehow, but every scenario I can think of is even more gruesome than what I originally anticipated. So she's in for a cruel fate...

She was appointed as class representative, but that doesn't make her a part of the student council. It's a misconception from what I got out of google that those two are related.

Zapredon said:
Junko is as crazy as usual.Why does the student council kill each other aside from the fact being threaten by Junko, especially the girl who first killed the guy holding shotgun. Is it because she afraid her secret get out?

She said it herself. She got blackmail on them, apparently money too, plus hostages [the picture of the glasses's girl mother tied up in a chair.]

Also, when they said that they weren't going to kill each other Murako killed one of them. And pretty much sent the message that unless they listen to what they said the rest of them were next. Then the little guy with the plushies actually tried to get them to try killing Junko and Murako but glasses girl killed him. That started the madness..

AzureAceYT said:
This episode...

THIS fucking episode...

The Tragedy was fucked up, we knew that. But this is much worse than what I thought it would be..."

I know... I was expecting it to be bad since it caused a lot of things, but still I was not prepared for that...

SKP138 said:
As each week goes by, my anxiety of finding out what happens to Chiaki grows more and more.

Same here... "Will this episode be her 'turn' to go?" is something that has been in my mind ever since Junko made her appearance... Kodaka likes plot twist though! Maybe they will surprise us and she will live...

Ketuekigami said:
One of the better episodes yet. Unlike some other people, I can't see this episode as rushed at all. We had only 2 main events this episode: Mitarai's anime and the killing. We LITERALLY had no reason to need to know who each of the student counsel members were because the event is the important part. In fact, if the killing game was a full episode that would probably feel too stretched out. The fact that the whole killing happened so quickly that nobody knew what was what made it more intense.

Agreed! While I would like to know the names of some of them, I didn't actually want to see it on scree. The fact that they straight out murdered each other made it more brutal in my opinion. I do hope the official site uploads files on them though... Think of the trouble the poor animators went through to make the character designs you know.. Let people appreciate them without all that hot pink blood...

KamiKiwi said:
Can someone translate this please?

It's just their position in the student council plus their name! The one in focus says "Student council's secretary" Something Karen. My guess is that their individual blackmail was store there, sine we see the girl with the glasses eyeing it and then a photo of a woman tied to a chair gagged and starts killing people saying "My mother... My mother..."
BubblyHunterAug 25, 2016 9:06 PM
Aug 26, 2016 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
BubblyHunter said:

SKP138 said:
As each week goes by, my anxiety of finding out what happens to Chiaki grows more and more.

Same here... "Will this episode be her 'turn' to go?" is something that has been in my mind ever since Junko made her appearance... Kodaka likes plot twist though! Maybe they will surprise us and she will live...

Honestly the only way I can see her surviving is she also falls to despair.

And if she was assumed dead it might explain who is behind Monokuma in the Future Arc.
Aug 26, 2016 12:51 AM
Nov 2015
Man, as much as I enjoyed that episode, I'm a little annoyed that Mukuro probably won't interact with Naegi at this rate.
Aug 26, 2016 3:55 AM

Sep 2015
Oh god plz no 2 much 4 me.
Aug 26, 2016 5:41 AM

Nov 2008
I gotta disagree with people calling the killing game rushed or lacking buildup. imo it just seemed really spontaneous and casual, yet obviously planned thoroughly, on Junko's part, which totally fits her character. I also thought we got a pretty good idea of what kind of people the student council were just from how they acted.
Aug 26, 2016 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Wow. The student council killing game was so intense and brutal. :|

At least there was nice Komaeda fan service to make up for that sadness. >:)

Izuru is still awesome af.
Aug 26, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2010
taynis said:

RYOUTA BEING TRIGGERED BECAUSE OF ANIME MADE ME LAUGH SO MUCH OMG HAEUIHAUIEHAIUEHAIEHIAUEAIHEIUAHEIUHUAIHEIUH
Dude, what if Ryota's anime was involved in 77th class becoming despairs? Maybe Mikan was used as an experiment?

Lolll that Ryota scene was amazingg. You teach Junko the beauty of anime!! And he did ;DD Except...What my sister noticed while watching the video is that Junko probably did learn how to brainwash people after Ryota explained his anime techniques. And like u mentioned...we both thought, "what if she brainwashed the remnants of despair..."

Hmm~ an interesting thought haha that we both thought of so maybe it's possible :o
Aug 26, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
I also thought that Kamukura would be more badass than this, but this is showing that maybe he is a victim to despair, not a despair inducer like Enoshima and Ikusaba. If that's the case, there is a chance Kamukura is a ''good guy'' now in Mirai-hen (with the theory that Hinata and his personality merged at the end of SDR2).

I think all this conversations between Sakakura and Yukizome are a hint that maybe Sakakura is going to kill Munakata in Mirai-hen, if it's true that he killed Yukizome and that he's the one on rampage.

Also, do you think Zetsubou-hen will reveal who is the mastermind?
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 26, 2016 7:25 AM

Dec 2009
Anime will cause The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History lol
Thanks Japanimation, you ruined everything
Aug 26, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
So, I don't think the first killing game was that rushed. Of course we get these characters with really cool designs and personalities and we want to know more about them, but that was never the intention of the anime anyway. If it was a bunch of blue people nobody would care, probably XD
And the first game was like a demo version, so it was supposed to be short, I guess, like a Battle Royale.
As for the motives, first one of them asks if "those videos were real", so I guess Junko blackmailed them to come to the building and then she showed more motives, like the mother of one of them tied up in a chair. We didn't get to see the others motives, but I guess we can get the gist of it XD Aaaaaand, if they refused to kill each other Mukuro would kill them, she even managed to kill one in front of them. After that just madness.

About Izuru. Well, he is not that innocent too. With his abilities he could have stopped that anytime, but he was there to see what despair has to offer and I guess he got what he wanted. I'm pretty sure he even predicted that Junko could use him the moment he looked at the camera and he was probs okay. I thought it is nice they are portraying him more complex than I though he would be :O

@EarlCiel
Right? I think she is going to use it together with her manipulative skills. First the manipulation and then the final blow would be the brainwashing. Poor Mikan is probably going to be the first victim :(
And probably going to brainwash those Reserve Course students to commit suicide :o

LOL Ryouta was amazing! I think he is one of my favorites of the new characters!
taynisAug 26, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 26, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
I got goosebumps when they played the underground trial bgm as Muroko killed the first council member and Junko rolled out the briefcases into the room.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 26, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
DarkShards said:
I got goosebumps when they played the underground trial bgm as Muroko killed the first council member and Junko rolled out the briefcases into the room.

Haaaaaw this OST ! 4ever in my heart X'DDD
Aug 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2016
Hi cenSOREship, haven't seen you in a while.

Aww yizzz, shit just got real.

Even Komaeda's butt became real.

~~~~~~Can't wait for the mass suicide~~~~~
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Aug 26, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2015
I never really like the whole "Students Instantly Become Insane Killers" thing. In things like Another or Grisaia, it always feels unrealistic and just for the shock value and to be twisted. People don't just become insane, sadistic murderers within fifteen minutes -_- . It felt really unnatural and incredibly rushed.
Aug 26, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Angry_Always said:
it always feels unrealistic and just for the shock value and to be twisted..

Lol complaining about something being unrealistic in Dangan Ronpa...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 26, 2016 10:47 AM

Sep 2015
kaimax said:
Angry_Always said:
it always feels unrealistic and just for the shock value and to be twisted..

Lol complaining about something being unrealistic in Dangan Ronpa...

There's a difference between a universe being unrealistic and characters being unrealistic. For example in Another it's unrealistic that a ghost would haunt and cause the death of a class of students but that's just how the universe is and the students react to it realistically up until a certain episode.

In Danganronpa, there are especially, almost supernaturally talented people and also insane believers in the joys of despair. That's the universe. Most of the characters are believable, perhaps not in personality (Sakura, Gundam) but in how they react to things. The characters' reactions to the killing game we see in the original anime adaption is much more believable then 'they all go insane in 5 minutes and lose any semblance of their former character'.
Aug 26, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
EarlCiel said:
taynis said:
Dude, what if Ryota's anime was involved in 77th class becoming despairs? Maybe Mikan was used as an experiment?

What my sister noticed while watching the video is that Junko probably did learn how to brainwash people after Ryota explained his anime techniques. And like u mentioned...we both thought, "what if she brainwashed the remnants of despair..."

Hmm~ an interesting thought haha that we both thought of so maybe it's possible :o

But then why didn´t Naegi explain that to the Future Foundation? In Mirai-hen flashback it is shown he finds Izuru, and then there is a close up shot of 2 flowers in the same room, probably put by Izuru. For someone who is a member of Ultimate Despair, that detail seems useless. He was most likely never influenced by Junko (by the hints we are given in this episode), so he could have explained the real situation of the other members of the despair faction.

But it seems no one is aware of that?

Shimai_ni said:
I think all this conversations between Sakakura and Yukizome are a hint that maybe Sakakura is going to kill Munakata in Mirai-hen, if it's true that he killed Yukizome and that he's the one on rampage.

Also, do you think Zetsubou-hen will reveal who is the mastermind?

His character detail´s say he is the head of the Special Crime Investigation Unit in the Killer Killer manga (I haven´t read it yet, though), and yet, in the Mirai-hen side he looks so oblivious to all the situation, he just follows Munakata and tries to kill Naegi and cia. Hell, he even gave away his Forbidden Action so easily....

BubblyHunter said:

I need some confirmation on this, but is there any hint that she was real in the real world besides Zetsubou-hen? Because, if the theory about Mitarai creating this story is a fact, then he could have easily recreated Chiaki and inserted her in the story.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

248 by MizuhoKamui »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.