Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The despair continues~

Kurogiri continuously tries to piece clues together while Naegi survives his encounter. I don't think Munakata was ready for what he had to encounter this episode though. Pretty tense episode, loved how they did some of the action sequences in the latter half and they kept it mostly uncensored.
Aug 1, 2016 7:28 AM

Jan 2012
The freak is here!! Monoka, I definitely don't miss you.
Aug 1, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2007
Fights everywhere. That old guy is strong. The leader caught main guy just to get the person who want to use him to show up. He's either hope or despair is what the president guy meant.

Battle between two leaders to save the main guy. The programmer girl fights for the main guy. Young leader thought old one got old, but he's strong, so he asked for his thought. That green hair girl that controls from behind the monitor... looks like the kimono girl from Zetsubou-hen / 2nd game...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2016
I knew it was more than a coincidence.

The fact that Gekkogahara was Monaca was actually revealed at the start of the fight, since the rockets she uses seem to have Monokuma eyes. Nice episode, hope we get to see the whole expulsion story in this week´s Zetsubo-hen
Aug 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
eww, Monaka D:

Can she please die this time? I hope we will get to see Touko and Komaru soon.

This episode was kind of dull tbh.
Aug 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
So, were Munakata and Yukizome lovers? It's pretty obvious they were very close especially by the way she put her head on his shoulder.
Aug 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty cool action scenes in this episode

Suspicious character appears at the end

Aug 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2012
CALLED IT. KNEW IT. TOO OBVIOUS. OBVIOUS MONAKA WAS OBVIOUS.
I always knew this IS NOT the Monomi we knew! God it feels so good to be right..
i KNEW that foreshadowing in DR:AE's end credits wouldn't be meaningless

HAHA and you go Chairman! God do I love him. Nice beating up that shithead boxer!
Aug 1, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
YOOOOO. Best ep yet

Monaka reveal was awesome :D She's totally Junko's copy now with that hairstyle.

TENGAN U F***N BEAST!!! Loved this nigga! He was friggin BA this ep. Sux that he's probably dead now :/

Ofc obligatory mention of Kyouko and Aoi being sexy asf <3

I still want to know when Monaka inserted Gekkougahara into the Mirai foundation?

Also I'm sure Kazakura was talking to Chisa or at least Monokuma on that screen
Aug 1, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
WHAT THE FUCK MONAKA. Okay she looked like Gekkogahara but I wasnt expecting that it was really her. And her hair is tied up like Junko wtf. What an episode. Tengan is amazing and I dont suspect him anymore, I guess he is dying, if not he is in a pretty bad condition. Juuzo is always annoying af,can't he let them live please. So if Monaka is the mastermind maybe we'll see characters from DR:AE,it would be great.And Kazakura was definitely suspicious i wonder what he was doing. Can't wait til next week.
Aug 1, 2016 8:59 AM
Aug 2012
But how can someone connect to the robot if internet isn't working? :O
Aug 1, 2016 9:00 AM
Aug 2015
OrangeJP said:

It is not a suspicious person. If you have watch the Ultra Despair Girls, you should already know who she is
Aug 1, 2016 9:00 AM
Aug 2015
Gaffern said:
But how can someone connect to the robot if internet isn't working? :O
you dont need internet to control 1
Aug 1, 2016 9:03 AM
Aug 2015
Its only episode 4 and Kodaka already revealed monaca? THE MOMENT I HEARD THE VOICE I ALREADY KNEW WHO IS IT. Is it too soon to reveal the traitor or is she some kind of accomplice? Hm.......... But seriously well played. 1st episode, monokuma change usami appearance to monomi, thinking she was innocent but it was a ploy
_AnimeLover__Aug 1, 2016 9:13 AM
Aug 1, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
I literally screamed out of equally excitement and terror at the ending D: The devil spawn is here!!!!!!! Shit!!

Awesome action episode, don't mess with old man Tengan!
Aug 1, 2016 9:06 AM
Aug 2015
Barion-Zara said:
YOOOOO. Best ep yet

Monaka reveal was awesome :D She's totally Junko's copy now with that hairstyle.

TENGAN U F***N BEAST!!! Loved this nigga! He was friggin BA this ep. Sux that he's probably dead now :/

Ofc obligatory mention of Kyouko and Aoi being sexy asf <3

I still want to know when Monaka inserted Gekkougahara into the Mirai foundation?

Also I'm sure Kazakura was talking to Chisa or at least Monokuma on that screen
or maybe monaca but that would be too obvious. I doubt they would make it too obvious
Aug 1, 2016 9:07 AM

Feb 2012
A lot of fighting this episode, that old guy gave the Boxer that business, but he was no match for my man Munakata.

Funny how he kicked that wheelchair girl right in the head lol.
Aug 1, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2009
WTF
The thing most surprising for me is that they reveal her so early... what are you planning, Kodaka?
Aug 1, 2016 9:18 AM
May 2016
I was already when I saw the first episode like: that hair looks like that from that girl from Another Episode, guess I was right... Btw... Wt*?!?!???!!!?!?!
Aug 1, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
So the girl at the end is the mastermind? I was surprised they reveal so early.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 1, 2016 9:19 AM
Dec 2015
Monaca..it was obvious.

Apr 2014
_AnimeLover__ said:
OrangeJP said:

It is not a suspicious person. If you have watch the Ultra Despair Girls, you should already know who she is

I know who Monaca is, but this is an anime discussion, not a game discussion. For people who haven't played the game, it's better not to spoil anything and let them find out who she is by watching the anime.

May 2016
All episodes of Danganronpa had a super Annoying cliffhanger, I should have waited and marathon the whole thing but now... This is just mean, let us wait another week.. Urgh...
Aug 1, 2016 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
OrangeJP said:
_AnimeLover__ said:

I know who Monaca is, but this is an anime discussion, not a game discussion. For people who haven't played the game, it's better not to spoil anything and let them find out who she is by watching the anime.

Playing the game is a must for this anime though

Jul 2012
MONOKUMA THEATHER! YAY!
"Such an easy game..." RIGHT? Couldn't agree more, weirdly cartoon-ish Monokuma-san.
SAKAKURA BEATING UP OLD TEENAGERS, OLD AND DISABLED PEOPLE. YEP. HE IS CARTMAN. Guy has no chill. And his FA is not punching people, pretty much.
BUT HELL YEAH TENGAN! Unfortunately, he is going to die. As things are going the attacker doesn't need to do anything XD
Ow, I like Ryota, he is so cute. But, he wanting to be Naegi...well, I hope there is no plot twist here, I like the guy :) His scene with Kirigiri was weird too...hmmmm, maybe it is a red herring tho.
I'M SO HAPPY MUNAKATA IS NOT QUITE THE DUMB DUMB I WAS THINKING HE WAS! GOOD BOY! BUT HE STILL IS A FANATICAL DOUCHE. Tengan bringing up Chisa was sooooo on point.
So, Scout guy wanted to meet with Kirigiri. I would do the same thing. Maybe he was talking with someone on the monitor...who knows. Kirigiri's going to check Chisa's body, so maybe she is really dead.
And Ruruka, Seiko and Yaoi were all expelled from Hope's Peak. What happened I wanna know D:

IT
IS
FREAKING
MONAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(THANKS NAGITO)
(I was wondering when and how she would appear)
(Scout guy was right)
(I knew Gekkogahara was suspicious, but never expected her to be a robot, Monaka's robot)

But, did she killed the original Gekkogahara and took her place or that person never existed? I think it is the former, but in DR we never know.

And:

Ok then xDDD

Maybe we can expect Komaru to appear? I really want to see Izuru and the rest of the Remnants of Despair too.
taynisAug 1, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
Monaca!! It's really her!!
Even though i didn't know that Gekkogahara is Cyborg or something.

But the fucking crazy loli called Monaca is here!!
She is really the next Junko afterall.
#BlameNagito
Aug 1, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
For FUCK sake.

WHY IS SHE BACK?

Anyway, at the start, Monokuma had a bracelet. Did he always have that? More clues to solidify that he's a participant I guess.
"Hi!"
Aug 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously?!

I heard about Monaca, but didn't expect to see her in this.
Also didn't play her game, since is only on PS Vita
Kodaka can't even count to 3...

MightyM16 said:
OrangeJP said:

If playing spin-off game is must, then this should be labeled as Danganronpa 4 not 3.
Aug 1, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Riveon said:
Seriously?!

MightyM16 said:

If playing spin-off game is must, then this should be labeled as Danganronpa 4 not 3.

Another episode is just a spin off if you look at it in a gameplay perspective since it's story is extremely relevant to the DR franchise and part of the canon timeline

http://danganronpa-timeline.tumblr.com/
Aug 1, 2016 9:37 AM
May 2015
Riveon said:

I'm just giving it Kingdom Hearts logic with sequels at this point.

Anyway I haven't played the spin off, heard about it and read into it and after seeing more about the character it is actually somewhat obvious that she was involved even before the reveal. I won't go into in-depth with it since there's people whom probably want to try the spinoff on their own. I'm just sad that i was -kinda- right that the wheelchair gal is the bad guy and more sad that she's just a robot!
Aug 1, 2016 9:41 AM
Feb 2016
I never played the extra episode of the game, but this new girl looks fun. :D

Jan 2015
MightyM16 said:
Riveon said:
Seriously?!

Another episode is just a spin off if you look at it in a gameplay perspective since it's story is extremely relevant to the DR franchise and part of the canon timeline

Spin-offs extend story and world, so of course they often canon.
But they never should be important to understand main work.
If they do, then that means that they are no longer spin-offs, but part of main work. And that would pretty much make this anime Danganronpa 4.

Sep 2014
Badass chairman, boxer doing everything wrong and a mystery girl..... I guess it's becoming very interesting.
Aug 1, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
MightyM16 said:
OrangeJP said:

I agree 100%. People who haven't played the game yet are missing out.

Aug 1, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Monaca. I get that were supposed to hate her but I'm just not able to. Anyway this just got a lot more interesting. Can't wait for more.
Aug 1, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
Well, there's a character I definitely didn't miss. I didn't want to believe Gekkougahara was Monaca simply because I don't like Monaca at all... oh, well.

Sakakura is still a major idiot, Munakata seems to be finally getting a little of common sense, Tengan is the most badass grandpa I've seen in a while, I still suspect Mitarai a lot but he's adorable.
Aug 1, 2016 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
Bloody hell now we have both of the Danganverse's most detestable characters in one anime. (-‸ლ)
Aug 1, 2016 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
They'll need to bring in Touwa Haiji somehow. Just to complete The Three Stooges set. (I like Monaca and Sakakura, but whatevs).
Aug 1, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
Mafuyulovesu said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Monaca. I get that were supposed to hate her but I'm just not able to. Anyway this just got a lot more interesting. Can't wait for more.

I don't hate her. I don't love her either tho. I think her plan on DR:AE was really despair inducing, I mean, it was actually really good. :D She was a good antagonist (she was the sad backstory antagonist, but still pretty good).
I hope she will bring lots of despair to us. Pupupupupupupupu~~~
(pun intended)

Aug 1, 2016 9:57 AM

Mar 2015
Riveon said:
MightyM16 said:

If they do, then that means that they are no longer spin-offs, but part of main work. And that would pretty much make this anime Danganronpa 4.

AE is part of the main work, it's just not called "3" because of the different gameplay and perspective it offered

Monaca is extremely relevant to the tragedy and to what Junko's plan was, she is set up as the "next Junko" at the end of AE, wanting her not to appear in the final installment of the Hope's Peak saga is basically wanting a plot hole to manifest itself
Aug 1, 2016 9:58 AM
Nov 2015
I KNEW MIAYA WAS SUSPICIOUS

ngl when I saw Monaca I just yelled "OH FUCK" out loud.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aug 1, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2016
I never got around to playing despair girls, unfortunately.

I did enjoy this episode nonetheless, and I'm glad the big reveal isn't just some random character.

Feb 2010
Oh lol Monaca, that Miaya was too obvious to be a traitor and now they're exposing her pretty early.... i bet there's more than one traitor.

So, Tengan will die? He is a pretty badass grandpa ;_; Sakakura and Munakata are still annoying ugh.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 2013
Nice cliffhanger. I literally beat that game a few days ago so seeing Monaca here is really crazy and gets me really excited. I even saw someone compare her to Miaya on reddit and it turns out to be true that she's controlling her. She also looks a lot better in anime form as well.

Anyways, this is just wishful thinking and I don't think it's possible but I wonder if Komaru is in the building as well and came unannounced. Who knows? Its chaotic enough to make it difficult to find everyone. Again...wishful thinking.

Good episode. Great cliffhanger. This season is far superior than the 1st season in every way. I had my doubts since I wasn't a big fan of the 1st season, glad I picked this one up.

Now please don't make me regret this later.

Dec 2014
so what was with junko appearing in the end..guess we now know who is the killer
Aug 1, 2016 10:05 AM

Feb 2015
Best girl appears!

Chairman was based in this ep, finally beating shit of Sakakura and Munakata.
Aug 1, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2015
MightyM16 said:
Riveon said:

AE is part of the main work, it's just not called "3" because of the different gameplay and perspective it offered

Monaca is extremely relevant to the tragedy and to what Junko's plan was, she is set up as the "next Junko" at the end of AE, wanting her not to appear in the final installment of the Hope's Peak saga is basically wanting a plot hole to manifest itself

So you pretty much say that the author failed math class, since your speech still doesn't explain why this anime is called "3".
By logic 1->2->3 not 1->2->some other bullshit->3

Honestly, I just hope that they would somehow explain her existence here, without "go play game" route.
Aug 1, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2016
i think everyone who played despair girls (or knew abt what happens in it) called that miaya is monaca.
anyways, i think they did a pretty good job mixing the cgi with the normal animation during the fight this episode. the models look pretty good. you dont really notice it that much.
Aug 1, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
So much action in one episode. BLESS.

First of all, no one has mentioned how much of a BAMF Aoi was carrying Naegi over the stairs like it was nothing then sprinting to run away from Sakakura right afterwards. Ultimate Swimmer? She's close to being the Ultimate Athlete at this point.

Ryota is so adorable. I have found a new cinnamon roll. Please don't kill him. Pls
Tengan is one badass grandpa launching Sakakura like it was nothing. I'm so happy he was able to talk into some sense into Munakata, who I'm starting to understand but I still do not like.

So Ruruka, Seiko and Yoi were close friends back then? And they believe they got expelled because of the other? Now I'm MORE curious as to what went down. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think expulsion wasn't given much focus in the franchise and now we have THREE of them here. I want to know what went down between those three.

And lastly,

MONACA?!?!?! NOOOOO!!!! To think I was actually starting to not suspect Gekkougehara anymore Kodaka does this to me. Ugggggh

So many things I want to know more about. I can't wait for the next ep!
Aug 1, 2016 10:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... that was an interesting ending alright
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.