Final Fantasy XV
35.9%
92 votes
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 7, 2016 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
ExTemplar said:
NTreviews said:
It still looks pretty good though, and the fact that it came back and actually has a release date after years of people thinking it was dead does justify at least some of the excitement.
just like duke nukem?
Too be fair though, no one thought Duke Nukem Forever was going too be any good.
Aug 7, 2016 8:15 PM

Nov 2014
NTreviews said:
ExTemplar said:
just like duke nukem?
Too be fair though, no one thought Duke Nukem Forever was going too be any good.

I still had my hopes up.

Aug 25, 2016 12:39 AM
Aug 2016
Final Fantasy 15 is my most anticipated game of this year.
I've never played a Persona game before, but I'm interested in Persona 5.
Aug 25, 2016 2:43 AM

Mar 2016
ThePhantomJoker said:
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Which one is coming to PC?
Only for PS3, PS4 and XBOX.
Not on xbox. if you mean FFXV then its xbox/ps4 only.

Aug 25, 2016 2:44 AM

Mar 2016
FFXV this year
Persona 5 next year

Equal.

Aug 25, 2016 2:45 AM

Mar 2016
Coreylordo said:
Final Fantasy 15 is my most anticipated game of this year.
I've never played a Persona game before, but I'm interested in Persona 5.
Emulate 4/3.
If you have a VITA the entire series is on it.

Aug 25, 2016 3:19 AM

Jul 2009
Persona 5 cause at this rate FFXV will come out after I grow a full beard.
Aug 25, 2016 3:57 AM
May 2009
Aug 25, 2016 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
Persona 5 all the way.

Not really interested in FF XV.
Aug 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
NTreviews said:
ExTemplar said:
just like duke nukem?
lol what are you talking about?

Everybody was stoked for Duke Nukem Forever

And then it came out.
Aug 25, 2016 9:55 AM
Aug 2016
As much as I'm pumped for FFXV I just can't get into the hype after the disappointment of XIII.
On the other hand I've absolutely loved both Persona 3 and 4 and have been excited for 5 since it first got announced. So my vote goes to that.
Aug 25, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
I'm hyped as hell for FFXV, which would be my 1st FF ever, but I am NOT buying a console after building my PC so I'm just hoping it eventually gets a decent Steam port.
Aug 25, 2016 9:19 PM

Feb 2015
Persona 5 for me
Persona 3 and 4 are some of my favorite games, the only Final Fantasy game i enjoyed is IX
Aug 26, 2016 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
P5.

The remake of FFVII is so much more exciting compare to XV.
Aug 26, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
Old_Raven said:
I'm hyped as hell for FFXV, which would be my 1st FF ever, but I am NOT buying a console after building my PC so I'm just hoping it eventually gets a decent Steam port.

Huh? Why are you hyped for it if you've never played an FF game.
Aug 26, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:
Old_Raven said:

Huh? Why are you hyped for it if you've never played an FF game.

Because it looks fun...? They finally threw away that turn-based shit and I love me some action RPGs. It isn't Dragon's Dogma Online nor Dragon's Dogma 2, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat for PC.
Aug 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Aug 2016
Persona 5 all day long, but i'll be buying both so the point is mute.
Sep 12, 2016 10:25 PM

May 2011
I'm going to vote Final Fantasy XV. But I'm not going to buy Persona 5 due to me boycotting ATLUS for banned me in their forums and their own Facebook page. I've started to boycott all of ATLUS products since 2012. I will never buy games from ATLUS including Shin Megami Tensei IV. I made my own boycott lists. The support lists is another link inside within the link.
http://codegeassgundam.tumblr.com/post/134439931513/list-of-boycotts-master-chief-snake-version-12
MasterChiefSnakeSep 12, 2016 10:34 PM
Sep 14, 2016 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
I like Persona series but still not much than FF series and i always loved and waited FFVersusXIII/XV since the announcement so my vote goes for FFXV.
Sep 14, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
They changed Luna's face again.
Easternized Luna:

Luna that was westernized back, altho nowhere near close to how she looked in her original design...

First it was too "western" so they changed now it was too japanese so they changed. Hilarious that this close to release they still can't decide what they want her to be. THe whole development of Sausage Fantasy 15 is such a mess.

And they released her new outfit too that she will wear in endgame! It comes in three color schemes!!

Trully STELLA-r game design.

Old_Raven said:

Because it looks fun...? They finally threw away that turn-based shit and I love me some action RPGs. It isn't Dragon's Dogma Online nor Dragon's Dogma 2, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat for PC.

Sooo you like it for the reason fanbase hates it.
You could just play actual action games. There are plenty of them. FF changed into something it never was and never should be won't feel like a proper action game anyway. Drastic changes like that never work.

Will never understand the whole "I like nothing about this franchise so they should change it completely" rhetoric people have either.
Sep 14, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2014
Alright.

I just found out the major plot twist that's in P5.

HOLY SHIT, IS THIS TWIST TERRIBLE.

Sep 14, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2007
Dragonage2ftw said:
Alright.

Is it worse than the "major twist" in FF15? Where
?
Sep 14, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Fai said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
Alright.

Is it worse than the "major twist" in FF15? Where
?

Much worse.

Sep 14, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
That's less of "bad twist" and more of "braindead twist" tho.
Sep 14, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Fai said:
That's less of "bad twist" and more of "braindead twist" tho.

Right.

Because it's so bad.

Sep 14, 2016 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
What a shit twist, I swear to god.

Can't believe I saw this twist comming MONTHS before the actual release date.

Sep 14, 2016 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
^Wot

I don't know who that guy is but I feel disappointed (edit: oh, now I recognize him – I'm still looking forward to playing the game though)

BTW, anybody knows if there is a gay romance option?

I'd love to pair up the protagonist with Kitagawa
Comic_SansSep 14, 2016 4:36 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 14, 2016 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
Fai said:
Old_Raven said:

You could just play actual action games. There are plenty of them. FF changed into something it never was and never should be won't feel like a proper action game anyway. Drastic changes like that never work.

Will never understand the whole "I like nothing about this franchise so they should change it completely" rhetoric people have either.
Close, but no. The fanbase hates it for the reason I like it. I don't understand those kinds of people either. It really does blow when it happens to a series you love. For me, it was Armored Core until ACV. Who'd've thought FromSoftware would remove flight and speed of all freaking things. Despite being too easy (by which I mean possible), AC4 and ACfA were amazing games and I was really hoping they would make those games the foundation of a new era. But nope. They threw away the best mechanics.

Oh and I never asked for FF to change so I get a free pass on the fanbase's judgment lol.
Sep 15, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
^Wot

I don't know who that guy is but I feel disappointed (edit: oh, now I recognize him – I'm still looking forward to playing the game though)

BTW, anybody knows if there is a gay romance option?

I'd love to pair up the protagonist with Kitagawa

Nope!

You can only be straight in P5.

Sep 15, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2014

Atlus better give us a gay romance option in the upcoming remake (because I know there's going to be one)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 15, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2014
I'm more looking forward to Persona 5. I've never played a FF game, but I'm interested in giving FF15 a shot. I have beaten Persona 3 and 4, loved both of them. Already pre-ordered the Take Your Heart edition.
Sep 15, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
Persona, the bad taste of ff 12 and 13 still hasnt subsided

Persona 5 Seems like the low risk high reward option here
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Sep 16, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Atlus better give us a gay romance option in the upcoming remake (because I know there's going to be one)

You can't even have like 15 waifu's in this game.

The only girls that you can date are Makoto, Futaba, and YOUR TEACHER.

No one else is dateable.

Sep 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:

No one else is dateable.
>TFW I realize that means I can't date Haru either

WHAT
H
A
T

I want proof of this
Nico- said:
Sep 16, 2016 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

No one else is dateable.

WHAT
H
A
T

I want proof of this

Supposedly, that's what all of the people that have Japanese copies say.

Sep 16, 2016 9:16 AM

Mar 2014
Okay... So I checked GameFAQs and it does seem like it's true

Still, the game got released just a few days ago so there's still a possibility it's just a misunderstanding or that you can romance the other girls on your second playthrough
Nico- said:
Sep 16, 2016 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
Comic_Sans said:

WHAT
H
A
T

I want proof of this

Is either that or you need certain choices/stats maxed (which is stupid, since you could date any of the girls in P4 besides Naoto from the start).

But yeah, the nurse is married, you can't date the Velvet lolis, the teacher is apparently a prostitute (probably bait), and both Anne and Haru aren't dateable.

The game isn't doing that great either, it seems there is some kind of backslash

From the information we're getting, it seems the game is pretty much Persona 4 2.0 with P2 color scheme and SMT demons, but with the same bad writing and a worse soundtrack.

The only thing it has improved upon is the gameplay.
Sep 16, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
SH4kun said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Is either that or you need certain choices/stats maxed (which is stupid, since you could date any of the girls in P4 besides Naoto from the start).

But yeah, the nurse is married, you can't date the Velvet lolis, the teacher is apparently a prostitute (probably bait), and both Anne and Haru aren't dateable.

The game isn't doing that great either, it seems there is some kind of backslash

From the information we're getting, it seems the game is pretty much Persona 4 2.0 with P2 color scheme and SMT demons, but with the same bad writing and a worse soundtrack.

Wow, this is the first time I'm actually feeling less hyped about the game lol. Atlus isn't known for major screwups, but if all the above you said is true, then well...fuck. It's also made worse that Amazon Japan reviews are honestly trustworthy (Zestiria, Star Ocean 5, and some Digimon games were completely accurate).
SkittlesSep 16, 2016 10:36 AM
Sep 16, 2016 4:34 PM

Mar 2016
Both since there's a bit of time between them. Might want to check out World of Final Fantasy as well, if you like the old ones. I havent played either yet (Waiting for P5 localization) But so far it seems:

Persona 5:
-INSANELY fun gameplay
-Very unique Game concept (Apart from other games of course)
-Awesome art style
-Strong characters
-Incredible replay value
-I think a return of 3's dark atmosphere, which is a plus to me.

Final Fantasy XV:
-Seems to have a heavy reliance on Characters
-Gameplays Really fun from what I played (Duscae and Platinum)
-Strong Story
-COLOSSAL WORLD
-Deep lore of Final Fantasy Games
-GORGEOUS Graphics

Sep 16, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
SH4kun said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Well shit, I'm feeling pretty let down now because I've been looking forward to the game for months

Still, maybe we'll be able to date them in the upcoming remake (because like I said I'm 100 % certain there will be one)?
Comic_SansSep 16, 2016 4:40 PM
Nico- said:
Sep 16, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
Well shit, I'm feeling pretty let down now because I've been looking forward to the game for months

Still, maybe we'll be able to date them in the upcoming remake (because like I said I'm 100 % certain there will be one)?

Yeah, I am kind of let down as well because of these first impressions.

Of course, they could always be just trolling or hating on the game just because of the hype, but who knows?
Like the OST is not bad by any means.

One thing that I am sure of though, is that the final boss theme is...terrible and that the traitor is obvious.

But I never really played Persona games for the story.
Gameplay and daily life is what made it so good for me.
Sep 17, 2016 4:53 AM

Feb 2011
Final Fantasy XV got me excited with its gameplay videos, but the fact that the main characters look so similar and indistinct discourages me from getting it.

And honestly, I haven't heard anything of Persona 5, haven't kept up with that series.
Sep 17, 2016 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
DejWo said:

Of course, they could always be just trolling or hating on the game just because of the hype, but who knows?
Probably... I just found this picture
so it seems like you actually can date all the main girls + the church girl + the reporter girl + the doctor

Edit: HOLY SHIT GAY ROMANCE TEASE CONFIRMED
Now I see why they named him Yuki Mishima (after the author Yukio Mishima who was homosexual)
Comic_SansSep 17, 2016 5:51 AM
Nico- said:
Sep 17, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
Fai said:

He didn't say they should change it, just that its not what the series was and that's why it interests him. Why bag on him for liking something you don't? He didn't say "Drop this turn-based crap". Just "This turn-based crap is gone, so now I'm interested". There's a difference.

And action games are fine. Most FF games are very different from each other, sometimes switching up gameplay and the like. There's nothing wrong with FF trying to be an ARPG or changing.
TrishaCatSep 17, 2016 9:55 AM
Sep 19, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
DejWo said:

so it seems like you actually can date all the main girls + the church girl + the reporter girl + the doctor

Now I see why they named him Yuki Mishima (after the author Yukio Mishima who was homosexual)

Yusuke get's sad if you tell him that you have a lover on the gondola ride.

Sep 19, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
I'm excited for Persona 5 but I should probably finish Persona 4 first lol.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 19, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Comic_Sans said:

Yusuke get's sad if you tell him that you have a lover on the gondola ride.
Seriously?

Source pls
Nico- said:
Sep 19, 2016 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
Why on earth would you guys spoil the plot twists for yourselves in Persona 5?
Sep 20, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
I mean, I'll definitely play ffIV when my friend gets it, but P5 is the one I'll be buying for myself, and sequestering myself in my room with...
"Liking little sisters is a fantasy of guys who don't have any."
-Araragi Koyomi

"Kirino is TRASH"
-Anonymous
Sep 20, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
JunkYardHiro said:
Why on earth would you guys spoil the plot twists for yourselves in Persona 5?

Because why not?

It's not like we have restraint or anything.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
6 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
4 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
7 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
Today, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.