Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of clue analysis this episode.

All else things aside, I like the steps Naruhodou went to get to the bottom of the case. It's interesting at how they use more photographic ID evidence combining with logic. Quite a complex case for this arc imo.
Jul 30, 2016 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
That little twist with Nodoka.

Mayoi NOT GUILTY.

Next week the start of the Circus case.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 30, 2016 4:35 AM

Oct 2014
so does Harumi just live on her own now?
Jul 30, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2015
Inori_is_love said:
so does Harumi just live on her own now?
Probably with another chaneling-girl, like the one that sealed the chaneling room.

So Karuma Mei doesn't know about Hanaka sister's accident one year before? Oh well, that's a checkmate.
Does the boobs get "censored" in the episode unlike before?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 30, 2016 7:07 AM

Feb 2014
Harumi strikes again!
Jul 30, 2016 7:44 AM

Aug 2011
Mimi Miney doesn't explode?

At least Max Galactica's name is same in Japanese version.
Sorry for my bad English.
Jul 30, 2016 9:03 AM
Jan 2013
A nic change when they didn't show Fraziska continously whipping Phoenix after her defeat in this case, and the moment when Maya met Morgan after the trial...
Now we need season 3! A well-made one of course!

That Big Top next week, hm...
Jul 30, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2011
what a twist in that trial. Circus Trial next
Jul 30, 2016 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
They screwed up with Mimi's breakdown and change of attitude!

Jul 30, 2016 12:07 PM
Jun 2014
Imo one of the best episodes so far. I think people shouldn't compare it 1:1 with the game. I try to look at it from the perspective of people who haven't played the game and this one was really well done IMO.
Jul 30, 2016 12:18 PM
Mar 2016
Why do I have the feeling that, we'll be seeing more of Mayoi getting indicted again in the future?
Jul 30, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
We finally saw Mimi's true color!

Karuma Mei did not know about the car accident clearly about one year ago!
Jul 30, 2016 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
Just one thing that i didn't expect to see from this episode, that, actually Nodoka is the older one. she was faking her identity. didn't see that twist coming tho. i kinda like that. with that twist, it connected to the reason as of why she killed him.

pretty good case overall :D it's fun and entertaining. but i feel the next case would be way more fun that this case xD
Jul 30, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
Ok, this episode was a quite low with graphic. Perverts will dislike this for sure :D
But that was another episode without a very memorizable moment from original trial.
And this is what hurts me in this adaptation.
We didn't had a headshot with wig, there weren't head slamming on last trial with old Von Karma, and now we didn't had a whipping rampage?

I'm starting to really worry about that...

Jul 30, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
Wait wait wait wait they f%$#ed up if you look at the evidence picture of "mayoi" you'll notice that she now has a bullet hole in her sleeve yet when they first showed it back in episode 15 she has no bullet hole what the F%$k kind of mix up was that?

Alright now that I have that out of my system time to talk about the case warning this is going to be rather long so read at own risk.

Jul 30, 2016 1:39 PM
Apr 2014
This was a well constructed case in regards to the main storyline of the triology, I did not see Ini Miney being the nurse, that totally mind fucked me when I was playing the game, yeah it was obvious that she was the killer from the evidence but for the motive to be that, mind blown, Justice for All surprised me twice.
The fact that they didn't incorporate the magatama is the biggest mistake in the anime, they fucked up big time, the Magatama is a very big plot point.
Turnabout Big top next... oh my.
Jul 30, 2016 2:04 PM
Jun 2014
Why oh why did they choose to skip The Lost Turnabout and cut down this case heavily so they can waste episodes adapting what is almost unanimously considered the absolute worst case in the entire series - Turnabout Big Top?

There is literally nothing they can do to make that case enjoyable, and it's not really required for any future plot lines (unless they decide to skip Trials & Tribulations, which Lost Turnabout is required for, and adapt Ace Attorney Investigations 2 instead).
Jul 30, 2016 8:03 PM

May 2015
Hami-chan best wingmangirl ever!
Jul 30, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2013
Oh dear... Circus arc
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Aug 2011
Ok. I wanted to see "anime" teary eyes and whipping rampage from Franziska.
It mentions she cries from her first defeat, because she was too full of her right? I forgot since I played the game long ago.
Sorry for my bad English.
Jul 31, 2016 12:26 AM
Oct 2015
If I can go off topic just for a second, can someone explain to me why the next case, turnabout big top, gets so much hate?
Jul 31, 2016 12:33 AM

Dec 2013
I'm disappointed with how they handled Ini's breakdown. Rest was pretty good.

Time for possibly my least favourite case. I really hope they do it better than the games but I'm going to keep my expectations extremely low.
Jul 31, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2015
Lol, and it was the aunt. I never liked that old woman anyway.

Jul 31, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
hawawa675 said:
If I can go off topic just for a second, can someone explain to me why the next case, turnabout big top, gets so much hate?

My guess would be due to a very annoying character in the case, who laughs a lot.

But they made Lotta very likable so... who knows?

Jul 31, 2016 12:26 PM
Oct 2015
Lord_Odous said:
hawawa675 said:

My guess would be due to a very annoying character in the case, who laughs a lot.

Dude Moe is awesome and for that matter so is Trillo, if that's it than this case gets way too much hate
Aug 1, 2016 2:03 AM

Mar 2016
hawawa675 said:
Lord_Odous said:

Dude Moe is awesome and for that matter so is Trillo, if that's it than this case gets way too much hate

Quite agree, Moe is great. He actually has a fair few layers, and I like the family aspect of the whole circus. Big Top's easily my favourite standalone case.
I'm an eternal optimist and frequently disappointed.
Aug 1, 2016 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
i still think the headress was an unnecessary piece of evidence and that they shouldve used the magatama because it's pivotal in future cases. that said, mimi miney was portrayed so that the audience would feel sorry for her but not in the anime, i wonder why?

pearl is going to sprout and join in to become one oF MY WAIFUS
Aug 1, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
Pity there aren't any psyche-locks in the anime but understandable, since it wouldn't really work here. Better that the magatama is left solely for the games. I liked this episode, the voice acting is quite good; just wish the animation could be improved a bit though, sometimes the characters look super stiff and weird.

I wonder why they removed the hospital scene? Maybe it was too much of a bother? Lol, I didn't really mind, though. Still, wonder if it's just me or the trials are kinda fast paced? I don't know how to explain it...the time it takes for the crime to be solved is okay, 3 to 4 episodes is more than enough but when it comes to the trials, I don't know, they're missing "something". The trials in the games were much more fulfilling. In the anime it's like TESTIMONY and suddenly Phoenix face goes OH I REMEMBER THE EVIDENCE then everything's solved pretty quickly. It's like they throw a lot of info at you in a matter of seconds and the characters immediately get it, I feel like there's no pause, if that makes sense.

Still, I'm excited for more episodes, I really love the cases that are going to be animated <3
Aug 2, 2016 5:13 AM
Jan 2013
HawkInAJazzyHat said:
hawawa675 said:

Quite agree, Moe is great. He actually has a fair few layers, and I like the family aspect of the whole circus. Big Top's easily my favourite standalone case.

What I get from Moe hate is in gameplay. His jokes may be a hit-and-miss, but remember in the segment when Phoenix would be penalized everytime he indirectly made Moe's cross examination go off-track? I personally find that annoying since I'm not that good playing this...
Oh well, since it will apparently be 4 episodes, they'll cut the joke segment short...
Aug 2, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
Perly,the most loyal Phoenix x Maya shiper! Lol. She is so cute though, one just can't hate her. I hope she is okay with whom ever is in charge of taking her for now... At least they shouldn't be planing any murders so I guess she will be okay. I kind of would have liked for her to tag along though.
Aug 2, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
AA continues to show that it has a great show kidding underneath despite its shitty production and low quality performance. I can't tell if someone with a passion for this show is working behind the scenes or if the story itself is just so good that it carries the series on its back with ease.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Aug 3, 2016 2:30 AM

Dec 2010
Loved the end, all hail Pearl. The rest of the episode was "ok", pretty funny that Mia's boobs were painted like one xDD
Aug 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2008
Only thing I truly enjoyed from this episode: Pearls pushing Maya towards Phoenix inside the train. That was adorable <333

Anyway, I am not happy with how they treated this case. There was a lot more information going on that made it even more interesting and complex, and of course there were more evidence found and in the game you even had to go to the hospital where Mini had the surgery. Plus much of the information you had to gain it by using the magatama and Psyche-Locks system. None of that was shown for this case. I wouldn't had minded for this case to had a few more episode if they had shown more of the story as it happened in the game. OH WELL.

Ugh, next it's the Circus case. Only thing I enjoyed from that case was laughing at the magician's personality changes.
Aug 3, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2015
That uniboob was bizarre.
Aug 6, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode with a nice twist. I liked how Naruhodou used a lot of clues in this case.
I'm happy that Mayoi is back
Aug 6, 2016 5:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pearl pushing Maya in FUCKIGN YESSS :D

The solution to the case was great IMO
Aug 6, 2016 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
Good night Von Karma.

ugh now for the circus arc.
Aug 8, 2016 5:16 PM

Dec 2014
That was the first episode of this whole show that I enjoyed. It was so great. It's showing me that this can be as good as I wanted it to be when I started it but just hasn't been. I would say I hope the rest of its run stays this quality but I can already imagine it's going to go back to being a mess again. At least there was this one good episode.
Aug 10, 2016 10:33 AM

Oct 2012
I really like this resolution, it was definitely a win but bittersweet one as murderer was someone who they knew.. but I have no doubt Harumi will channel spirits in her future too. The twist was expected (well, ever since I saw her face in bandages) but it was executed well and I felt like this actually was one of the best case in this series. Romance hints between Naruhodo and Mayoi were also good.

This series would be a lot different if every case was of this quality. I really enjoyed this one.
Aug 12, 2016 9:16 PM
Jul 2012
They continue to make the criminals look much more evil than they were in the game. The same happened for Dee Vasquez in Turnabout Samurai. They omitted her flashback, resulting in her just looking like a total asshole. She was a human being with feelings, too.

Like everyone said above, Ini wasn't supposed to look evil. And also, the reiterations of her burdens, the hospital and the car accident, were much more dramatic and sad in the game. Ini was depressed, not so evil as to ignore it all. On top of it all, they skipped the statement where she said she hated living as Ini. (I guess it wasn't too important, but it helped build her character.)

Spoiler regarding next arc.
PlumJuiceAug 12, 2016 9:49 PM
Aug 12, 2016 9:32 PM
Jul 2012
Mich666 said:
I really like this resolution, it was definitely a win but bittersweet one as murderer was someone who they knew.. but I have no doubt Harumi will channel spirits in her future too. The twist was expected (well, ever since I saw her face in bandages) but it was executed well and I felt like this actually was one of the best case in this series. Romance hints between Naruhodo and Mayoi were also good.

This series would be a lot different if every case was of this quality. I really enjoyed this one.

Yeah, in fact, a lot of the cases were supposed to be bittersweet. The anime doesn't really give you a look into the criminal's background like the game does. Some of the murderers were shitty people, but people like Dee Vasquez and Miney were actually supposed to be conflicting scenarios. Regardless, Wright fights for what's right. :^)

I highly recommend playing or watching a playthrough of the game. You'll like the characters a lot more, including the criminals. (Except the actually bad ones, lol. THey're so mean!)
Aug 17, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2015
Really complicated case.

Sep 19, 2016 10:57 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO Ryuichi checking Chihiro out from bottom to top.

Speaking of Chihiro. Would be nice if they drew the oppai correctly. Seriously, what the hell is that? Is that really what Harumi's oppai look like underneath.

I like how Mei had a Kaiba moment when she said those words to Ryuichi.

Speaking of Mei...she continues to be fine.

DAT TWIST!

LMAO Ryuuichi made Mei have an orgasm.

Sorry, Kimiko. Know that I am still on your side...to an extent.
RobSep 19, 2016 11:30 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 7, 2016 12:59 PM

May 2012
Great conclusion of this case, I really loved the whole plot twist in the game and they really performed it excellently here as well! Also that ending was superbly cute :3

Looking forward to see what happens next.
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
Jan 2023
The 2nd op slaps so hard🎶

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

84 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 4, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.