Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
why many people just talking which one the best waifu here??
Jul 24, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2016
AmejiHunter said:
_Hans_ said:
soooo, I have no idea who this maid girl on my profile is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It says she comes from Re:Zero but I truly have no idea who that is. Never seen her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were you high or something when you made that? The only girl named Rem ( That's what it says on your profile ) I can think about is that shinigami in Death Note. You know, the one that, well, err... died?

Yeah man idk¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, this "Rem" chick is pretty darn cute tho! I think I will keep her on my profile
Jul 24, 2016 1:25 PM
Aug 2015
all people's on this thread still not realise if Subaru already achieve the most OP ability.. Imagine if subaru spamming and publish his "Return by death." at capital city..
Jul 24, 2016 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was amazing...Gave me chills.
I really don't want this story to end..Anyone know where the LN or manga leaves off on from episode 17?
Jul 24, 2016 1:26 PM
Feb 2009
Was this the point the japanese stopped buying the books as well?

I think this ep was the tipping point for me and the series dropped 2-3 points imo after it because there's a fucking limit to how unrealistically retarded you can write a character to be in order to advance your plot and this ep pushed past that point. When your character's actions stop making a coherent level of sense (on top of them just being an unbelievable idiot who cant grasp basic concepts until someone draws a picture book about it for them for like the 5th time in the series) because thats the only scenario you can think of in order to "progress" you've failed as a writer.

It's a shame.
Jul 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
namedrisk said:

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

Bad boys, bad boys
When they come for you

My boy Puck about to go in!
Jul 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
Smudy said:
Barion-Zara said:
Amazing ep but I doubt it'll reach the insanity of ep15's 4k loved it 5/5. The only thing that will break that record on MAL is ep25

And everyone...just forget about Rem. That way she'll be mine alone MUHAHAHA :3

Say hi to 18 then xD

I honestly still don't think it'll get more 5/5s but I'd be glad to be wrong

Nov 2013
All these emotional beats whenever a character gets killed or erased are really getting obnoxious. If you stopped crying for one minute, Subaru, and killed yourself you could make this all okay, or at least undead your waifus for a couple minutes.

So glad they hadn't cockteased all these character deaths before, otherwise I might have cared when Rem disappeared.

Yes, Subaru. Treat Emilia like that. You know from experience that she just loves it so much.

Think I might drop it soon. This is really getting intolerable quick.

SUFFERING.
Dec 2007
Devil_Slayer said:
Did emillia death had the sam impact as rem ? i know the dirctor's love rem more xD
but it's been while on emillia

I don't think it's fair to weigh those two deaths the same way:

Rem's death was - narration-wise - set up to be a tearjerker, while Emilia's had no build-up whatsoever and had a whole other focus going in.
Jul 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
Question tough: Why is there a Waifu War? Rem is still clearly best girl.
errmm
Who's Rem again?
Seriously tho, i wonder why Whale-san didn't kill Mitsubishi.
namedrisk said:

Bad boys, bad boys
When they come for you

Bad boys, bad boys
When they come for you

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4ue59d/spoilers_rezero_kara_hajimeru_isekai_seikatsu/d5oze05
Jul 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
This just gets better and better. I absolutely love Re:zero, when Emilia was killed I saw my reflection in the computer screen and realised my mouth had been wide open for that whole scene. I really hope they move the story forward now though and get Subaru out of his rut. I'm actually really enjoying it the way things are but I'm concerned there wont be time to end it properly if they drag this out longer than it needs to be.

Puck was amazing at the end.
Jul 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
Lord_Rutsah said:
PLEASE tell me the checkpoint hasn't been moved. Rem permadeath would be unbelievably sad. (couldn't care less about the others)

It doesn't matter if the checkpoint is the same, actually. What is relly important is if RBD can bring back someone's existence. You'know, 'cause the whale erase someone's existence when it kills and etc.
There is no hope, just posibilities. If the chance isn't 0, then we say there's hope.

Apr 2016
lmaoooooo this episode got me laughing

Dec 2012
What The Puck
It's so hard to watch this episode :"(

Jul 24, 2016 1:32 PM

Jan 2016
FragOutFire said:
Subaru should just try to explain his power again. Either he gets killed and goes back to the save point or he kills everyone else

Also, who's Rem?

LOL!! Hahahaha you made my day with that. Brutal. I love it.
There is no hope, just posibilities. If the chance isn't 0, then we say there's hope.
Jul 24, 2016 1:33 PM
Oct 2015
Am I the only one who don't like the show anymore?
Jul 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Apr 2014
Shrimperor said:

I'm sorry but who?
Jul 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Akai_Aoi said:
Devil_Slayer said:
Did emillia death had the sam impact as rem ? i know the dirctor's love rem more xD
but it's been while on emillia

I don't think it's fair to weigh those two deaths the same way:

Rem's death was - narration-wise - set up to be a tearjerker, while Emilia's had no build-up whatsoever and had a whole other focus going in.

like i sad before it wouldn't killed them if they put some ost and face expression on it though i agree emillia's death was supposed to be more of "what the fuck " moment rather than impactful one , the witch trolled us all
Jul 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Feb 2016
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT FROM THE WRITER
Well talk about a start, huh?
Alright in right at the start we see the visual confirmation that it is indeed the white whale that was mentioned 3 episodes ago.
A lot of things are happening in a short span of time.
The whale seems to have some kind of holes on its body from which it blows an extreme amount of air causing an entire storm.
Eventually Rem makes the decision what she feels is her destiny. Recall episode 15 and how she said that the witch cult now even took her reason to die ( Subaru ). Subaru is the one person and overall reason she would choose to die for and that’s exactly what we see here. She knows that in his current state he would protest with all his might so she knocks him out and disappears in the darkness.
After that there is this extremely terrifying and interesting scene with Otto.
Subaru wants to go back and save her, Otto wants to live on. Here we have a not mentally healthy madman arguing against a commoner with rational thoughts.
We hear that the White Whale killed an entire expedition led by the first Sword Saint ( Master Swordsman is a sloppy translation here ) was completely wiped out. Ever since then this creature is classified as a catastrophe.
Then Otto speaks the truth. Both are weak, both can’t do anything in this situation. The thing is from his past life Subaru knows that Rem is not strong enough as well.
And now pay attention. When Subaru looks back into the darkness this is a key moment. Within these few seconds the Whale did something to Rem that made Otto forget her. Do you think a perfectly sane person like Otto would tell an obviously enraged and unpredictable person like Subaru "For now we’re fortunate to escape it" after they just lost her to this beast? No, because at this moment he talked without any knowledge of a person named Rem. Since Subaru seems to be unaffected we deal with two different aspects that are actually really similar to his return by death. Just like there every other person except him doesn’t know anything about what he knows. The thing is this time it’s not the existence of an entire life but the existence of a person. On top of that Subaru usually has to confront this thought of being alone with the knowledge of something no one else knows AFTER he has returned to a time and place where he can collect his thought. Here he has to face this reality while still being in an "unsuccessful timeline". Of course he still doesn’t understand it in this particular scene but the more people don’t remember her the deeper he is sucked into this suicidal desire.
Remember that Subaru is already mentally damaged. Now he has to deal with this too and you can see how he perceives this. He stares at Otto and acts accordingly to the kind of mentality he has in this life…rage.
Both Subaru and Otto ask themselves why the white whale only follows them and no other caravans. We see a shot that clearly show the horn of the whale. Now here we need some additional info from the novel that should have been mentioned quite some time ago. I don’t know whether they implement this later on via knowledge drop but I doubt it so here a small fact. Mabeasts of all kinds usually have a horn on their head. Recall the Wolgram in arc 2 and the puppy with the bald spot on its head. A horn was supposed to be there so somehow they lost it. Well and because Subaru speaks out his responsibility for this situation Otto does something that might cause some controversy.
Some might call him scum for pushing off Subaru but what I see is mostly humanity, scummy but humane. As ugly as it is, some people would have done the same and for a commoner like Otto who doesn’t seek honor in death like some knights this is the most realistic decision there is. Subaru is left all bruised up and the whale ignores him because of the said horn.
I think the scene where he repeats "I don’t want to die" is extremely powerful. Some might say "why would he say that? He knows he can simply repeat"? The thing is, we don’t know that. Never was there any indication that Subaru has unlimited tries within one checkpoint until he succeeds. He has to treat every life of his as it was his last one. In episode 7 he actually said so himself and this was the reason why he initially didn’t kill himself. Another part is your natural instinct as a human. No one wants to be killed or even eaten by a bigger creature, that’s how nature works.
Eventually the carriage returns and we see clearly that Otto was killed by the cult, it’s somehow an extreme case of karma at works here. Subaru is haunted by the guilt over the loss of Rem and that’s the only thing that is on his mind right now, he isn’t even faced by Otto’s death anymore. And then there is this slight trace of hope in form of the children. The last time Subaru saw them was gutted out by the cult so seeing them and hearing them perfectly fine now gives him some sort of rewarding feeling. He achieved something even if it was at the cost of many lives, probably including Rem’s.
Subaru wakes up and hallucinates right off the bat. I love his reaction when Emilia’s name is dropped. I think it’s two things that cause this reaction. Firstly all the memories from the scene of episode 13 come back to haunt him. Secondly she did something for him by healing his body which is pretty ironic because he was the one saying she had more debts that she could ever repay to him, yet here he is piling up some as well.
Ram brings really interesting points. Emilia didn’t talk about anyone and for Ram who wasn’t involved in anything it’s clear that Subaru did something. In her eyes he is someone who doesn’t address anything as it is but instead likes to shrug it off and Subaru can’t say anything against it because it’s true.
And then Subaru has to deliver Rem’s sister the message of her death, well so he thought. Instead he is hit with the same reality again but even worse this time. Even her own sister, the closest person to her doesn’t remember her as well. Subaru never had any experience with something like that so he is confused and nowhere near calm. We learn some more information how this "erase" works. Apparently even the history is rewritten and events are altered so that it seems as if this person never existed. This line "Even for a nightmare this makes no sense". Subaru who is from another world searches for rationality in a world that is irrational in its entirety, well from our standpoint. Then we see how even the belongings of the erased person is gone. Every small hint that this person ever existed is erased from this world. Personally I see this as a fate worse than death. This difference in perspective I talked about earlier becomes apparent in full force once again. People aside from Subaru see him as confused, as a madman, as insane and this time it’s not even because of the events from another timeline.
Subaru plays with the thoughts of running but the thought of Emilia brings him back to one last little flame of determination. Subaru is feared to confront Emilia and this only gives her stance and things she said in episode 13 even more weight and truth. He doesn’t respond when she asks why he is back here, he doesn’t want to explain something that can’t be explained and would only lead to another why ( as in why do you know that the witch cult will attack? )no Subaru wants just out of here, running away from death itself with Emilia by her side. The events of his past lifes show another effect on him. Never would have past Subaru grabbed Emilia like that and almost drag her out of the room.
"I don’t want to suffer and cry anymore" Subaru is so close to giving up everything. He says everything will work out if she just agrees and comes with him. Here he falls back into his escapism. He denies the existence of Rem and what happened to her because he just doesn’t want to confront himself with painful thoughts anymore. And then Subaru explodes by basically forecasting Emilia’s future. Imagine someone telling you "no you won’t be able to do that, no you won’t achieve that". And then Subaru mixes up his perspective with the ones of others again. In his perspective Emilia wasn’t able to protect anyone yet here she claims she has things to do. Of course Emilia nor anyone else can share his perspective which makes it even more jaded for us. He does the same mistake he did in episode 13. He gave her the fault for things that happened in different timelines. Emilia recognizes that Subaru haunts something and he is very hurt but can’t pinpoint it of course. Subaru feels like he has to achieve anything so that Rem’s sacrifice wasn’t in vain.
After he realizes that everyone around him forgot Rem he just can’t take it anymore. He risks to hurt himself through these hands just so that he can get this off his chest. The thing is now there are 2 hands instead of one. Note how the hands are now mindlessly enter Subaru’s body no, it almost caresses his heart in a threatening manner as if it’s saying "I can crush this anytime, you’ve been warned". And then Emilia drops dead in front of him. Instead of his heart her hear was taken. Remember what he said right before he revealed his ability. "You can take my heart". So not only don’t these hands only affect Subaru, they are extremely conscious of what he says. I think this finally crushes these theories of simply writing his reveal down on paper. These hands or whatever is controlling it is extremely conscious of what Subaru is doing and saying 24/7.
Now Subaru has lost the last thing that kept him going, Emilia. He just stares into the distance after screaming. Beatrice appears and crushes the cristal that holds Puck. Subaru begs that she kills him but as we know Betty hates to see people suffer let alone die in front of her or through her. That’s especially cruel since Beatrice granted him his wish in episode 7 which was supposed to safe him from death. Subaru is let down by the last person he hoped to help him in any way. On top of that we hear that Beatrice apparently suffered A LOT already and she wouldn’t exchange a future for more pain.
Subaru only seeks death, he wants to flee from this reality. Then the cult arrives and Betelgeuse praises him for not being slothful and basically doing their job. Once again Betelgeuse believes Subaru to be a sin since he says how Emilia died already after meeting only one sin. Then something really interesting happens. Subaru can see the authority of sloth which surprises Betelgeuse a lot, in fact it enrages him.
God there is so much more to talk about but I too have to cut off somewhere. All in all I loved all the emotions this episode was able to convey. From selflessness, to guilt, regret, selfishness, rewarding feeling, shock, despair and many more.

Jul 24, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2014
What I got from this ep is that Subaru wants to die to ress Emilia but not Rem. Also I haven't read the manga but my prediction is that Betelgeuse may have been the same as Subaru in the past and has gone crazy from all the suffering like Subaru is going through now. This prediction is purely based on him having those same arms that are haunting Subaru atm.

Still waiting for Subaru to become evil and kill everything and everyone. 3/5 ep, shit getting old fast now though, hope for some new developments.
Jul 24, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Shrimperor said:
errmm
Who's Rem again?
Seriously tho, i wonder why Whale-san didn't kill Mitsubishi.
namedrisk said:

Bad boys, bad boys
When they come for you

Bad boys, bad boys
When they come for you

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4ue59d/spoilers_rezero_kara_hajimeru_isekai_seikatsu/d5oze05

i don't think you can call it wiafu war , we just said emillia is good nature more than rem that's all
Jul 24, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2016
FragOutFire said:
Subaru should just try to explain his power again. Either he gets killed and goes back to the save point or he kills everyone else

Also, who's Rem?

LOL!! Hahahaha you made my day with that. Brutal. I love it.
Jul 24, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode...I think if I had been through a fraction of what Subaru has endured I'm be locked in a padded room by now. How much torture and death can one guy stand before his mind snaps?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
Yourlolm said:
Alright in right at the start we see the visual confirmation that it is indeed the white whale that was mentioned 3 episodes ago.
The whale seems to have some kind of holes on its body from which it blows an extreme amount of air causing an entire storm.
Eventually Rem makes the decision what she feels is her destiny. Recall episode 15 and how she said that the witch cult now even took her reason to die ( Subaru ). Subaru is the one person and overall reason she would choose to die for and that’s exactly what we see here. She knows that in his current state he would protest with all his might so she knocks him out and disappears in the darkness.
Subaru wants to go back and save her, Otto wants to live on. Here we have a not mentally healthy madman arguing against a commoner with rational thoughts.
We hear that the White Whale killed an entire expedition led by the first Sword Saint ( Master Swordsman is a sloppy translation here ) was completely wiped out. Ever since then this creature is classified as a catastrophe.
Then Otto speaks the truth. Both are weak, both can’t do anything in this situation. The thing is from his past life Subaru knows that Rem is not strong enough as well.
And now pay attention. When Subaru looks back into the darkness this is a key moment. Within these few seconds the Whale did something to Rem that made Otto forget her. Do you think a perfectly sane person like Otto would tell an obviously enraged and unpredictable person like Subaru "For now we’re fortunate to escape it" after they just lost her to this beast? No, because at this moment he talked without any knowledge of a person named Rem. Since Subaru seems to be unaffected we deal with two different aspects that are actually really similar to his return by death. Just like there every other person except him doesn’t know anything about what he knows. The thing is this time it’s not the existence of an entire life but the existence of a person. On top of that Subaru usually has to confront this thought of being alone with the knowledge of something no one else knows AFTER he has returned to a time and place where he can collect his thought. Here he has to face this reality while still being in an "unsuccessful timeline". Of course he still doesn’t understand it in this particular scene but the more people don’t remember her the deeper he is sucked into this suicidal desire.
Remember that Subaru is already mentally damaged. Now he has to deal with this too and you can see how he perceives this. He stares at Otto and acts accordingly to the kind of mentality he has in this life…rage.
Both Subaru and Otto ask themselves why the white whale only follows them and no other caravans. We see a shot that clearly show the horn of the whale. Now here we need some additional info from the novel that should have been mentioned quite some time ago. I don’t know whether they implement this later on via knowledge drop but I doubt it so here a small fact. Mabeasts of all kinds usually have a horn on their head. Recall the Wolgram in arc 2 and the puppy with the bald spot on its head. A horn was supposed to be there so somehow they lost it. Well and because Subaru speaks out his responsibility for this situation Otto does something that might cause some controversy.
Some might call him scum for pushing off Subaru but what I see is mostly humanity, scummy but humane. As ugly as it is, some people would have done the same and for a commoner like Otto who doesn’t seek honor in death like some knights this is the most realistic decision there is. Subaru is left all bruised up and the whale ignores him because of the said horn.
I think the scene where he repeats "I don’t want to die" is extremely powerful. Some might say "why would he say that? He knows he can simply repeat"? The thing is, we don’t know that. Never was there any indication that Subaru has unlimited tries within one checkpoint until he succeeds. He has to treat every life of his as it was his last one. In episode 7 he actually said so himself and this was the reason why he initially didn’t kill himself. Another part is your natural instinct as a human. No one wants to be killed or even eaten by a bigger creature, that’s how nature works.
Eventually the carriage returns and we see clearly that Otto was killed by the cult, it’s somehow an extreme case of karma at works here. Subaru is haunted by the guilt over the loss of Rem and that’s the only thing that is on his mind right now, he isn’t even faced by Otto’s death anymore. And then there is this slight trace of hope in form of the children. The last time Subaru saw them was gutted out by the cult so seeing them and hearing them perfectly fine now gives him some sort of rewarding feeling. He achieved something even if it was at the cost of many lives, probably including Rem’s.
Subaru wakes up and hallucinates right off the bat. I love his reaction when Emilia’s name is dropped. I think it’s two things that cause this reaction. Firstly all the memories from the scene of episode 13 come back to haunt him. Secondly she did something for him by healing his body which is pretty ironic because he was the one saying she had more debts that she could ever repay to him, yet here he is piling up some as well.
Ram brings really interesting points. Emilia didn’t talk about anyone and for Ram who wasn’t involved in anything it’s clear that Subaru did something. In her eyes he is someone who doesn’t address anything as it is but instead likes to shrug it off and Subaru can’t say anything against it because it’s true.
And then Subaru has to deliver Rem’s sister the message of her death, well so he thought. Instead he is hit with the same reality again but even worse this time. Even her own sister, the closest person to her doesn’t remember her as well. Subaru never had any experience with something like that so he is confused and nowhere near calm. We learn some more information how this "erase" works. Apparently even the history is rewritten and events are altered so that it seems as if this person never existed. This line "Even for a nightmare this makes no sense". Subaru who is from another world searches for rationality in a world that is irrational in its entirety, well from our standpoint. Then we see how even the belongings of the erased person is gone. Every small hint that this person ever existed is erased from this world. Personally I see this as a fate worse than death. This difference in perspective I talked about earlier becomes apparent in full force once again. People aside from Subaru see him as confused, as a madman, as insane and this time it’s not even because of the events from another timeline.
Subaru plays with the thoughts of running but the thought of Emilia brings him back to one last little flame of determination. Subaru is feared to confront Emilia and this only gives her stance and things she said in episode 13 even more weight and truth. He doesn’t respond when she asks why he is back here, he doesn’t want to explain something that can’t be explained and would only lead to another why ( as in why do you know that the witch cult will attack? )no Subaru wants just out of here, running away from death itself with Emilia by her side. The events of his past lifes show another effect on him. Never would have past Subaru grabbed Emilia like that and almost drag her out of the room.
"I don’t want to suffer and cry anymore" Subaru is so close to giving up everything. He says everything will work out if she just agrees and comes with him. Here he falls back into his escapism. He denies the existence of Rem and what happened to her because he just doesn’t want to confront himself with painful thoughts anymore. And then Subaru explodes by basically forecasting Emilia’s future. Imagine someone telling you "no you won’t be able to do that, no you won’t achieve that". And then Subaru mixes up his perspective with the ones of others again. In his perspective Emilia wasn’t able to protect anyone yet here she claims she has things to do. Of course Emilia nor anyone else can share his perspective which makes it even more jaded for us. He does the same mistake he did in episode 13. He gave her the fault for things that happened in different timelines. Emilia recognizes that Subaru haunts something and he is very hurt but can’t pinpoint it of course. Subaru feels like he has to achieve anything so that Rem’s sacrifice wasn’t in vain.
After he realizes that everyone around him forgot Rem he just can’t take it anymore. He risks to hurt himself through these hands just so that he can get this off his chest. The thing is now there are 2 hands instead of one. Note how the hands are now mindlessly enter Subaru’s body no, it almost caresses his heart in a threatening manner as if it’s saying "I can crush this anytime, you’ve been warned". And then Emilia drops dead in front of him. Instead of his heart her hear was taken. Remember what he said right before he revealed his ability. "You can take my heart". So not only don’t these hands only affect Subaru, they are extremely conscious of what he says. I think this finally crushes these theories of simply writing his reveal down on paper. These hands or whatever is controlling it is extremely conscious of what Subaru is doing and saying 24/7.
Now Subaru has lost the last thing that kept him going, Emilia. He just stares into the distance after screaming. Beatrice appears and crushes the cristal that holds Puck. Subaru begs that she kills him but as we know Betty hates to see people suffer let alone die in front of her or through her. That’s especially cruel since Beatrice granted him his wish in episode 7 which was supposed to safe him from death. Subaru is let down by the last person he hoped to help him in any way. On top of that we hear that Beatrice apparently suffered A LOT already and she wouldn’t exchange a future for more pain.
Subaru only seeks death, he wants to flee from this reality. Then the cult arrives and Betelgeuse praises him for not being slothful and basically doing their job. Once again Betelgeuse believes Subaru to be a sin since he says how Emilia died already after meeting only one sin. Then something really interesting happens. Subaru can see the authority of sloth which surprises Betelgeuse a lot, in fact it enrages him.
God there is so much more to talk about but I too have to cut off somewhere. All in all I loved all the emotions this episode was able to convey. From selflessness, to guilt, regret, selfishness, rewarding feeling, shock, despair and many more.

wha .....what .....WHAT THE HELL !?!?!? THIS HAVE MORE SHOCK IN IT THAN Emillia's death xDDDD
Jul 24, 2016 1:39 PM
May 2016
I seem to be a more sensitive watcher than I thought. Perphaps it’s cause I watched the preview that this episode lacked impact on me... better be careful next time... Quite delighted to see I was right about Puck being the big monster back in Episode 15 tho...
Jul 24, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
All aboard the Despair Train!

Great episode. It seems that Subaru can say "Return by Death" now but at the cost of someone's life. Unfortunately, Emilia was killed by Subaru trying to tell her about his own little world. So for now, it seems that Subaru still can't tell anyone and I highly doubt he will tell anyone now since it resulted in him killing someone. That Emilia scene wasn't close to the Rem torture scene, I think that's the producer's fault though, the music wasn't deep and it seemed like a few scenes were either censored or cut out because it seems like Emilia was impaled. I believe that Subaru has Unseen Hands as well since the hands are exactly the same as Betelguese's Unseen Hands.

As for Rem, it seems that the White Whale can erase a person's existence as seen with the Bandana Guy. That is some terrifying power and if Subaru gets someone to help him fight that thing, it's gonna be REALLY hard to battle that without losing a single person's existence.

Fuck Otto. That stupid ass cunt. Awesome to see Beatrice again though, I definitely love how she talks.

So now we have two main antagonist this arc.

Betelguese w/ Witch Cult- So you got a witch with an ability called Unseen Hands that can easily break and bend people's limbs. Not only that, it seems like he has a butt load of hands which I'm sure can be used to fight multiple enemies. (Poor Rem) He may have more abilities that we might not know of as of yet. Also, the Witch Cult is no joke as it destroyed Rem and Ram's village that are filled with demons. Though Rem was able to kill quite a few, she was heavily wounded in doing so. At the same time, they completely obliterated Emilia's area, leaving no survivors except for Puck.

White Whale- Big ass whale that can erase people's existence. I'm sure it hits hard too due to it's sheer size and it's roar is enough to send multiple carriages flying. It's also fairly fast since it caught up to Subaru and Otto (FUCK OTTO) on a dragon carriage at full speed. Let's not forget about the mist as I'm sure it will become a hindrance.

I'm sure Subaru will somehow come up with an army to help, but regardless if he does get one, how the hell is he going to fight those two powerhouses? Now I'm even more interested in Subaru since he can now see the Unseen Hands from Betelguese. Does that mean every time he dies, he gets closer to being a witch himself?

4/5

I don't care about the Waifu wars. I love Rem and Emilia both. Although Emilia's death hit me hard, it did not come near the level of sadness to Rem's and I think that's the studio's fault.

Fuck Otto.
TehSnawnJul 24, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 24, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2016
does this MC get any stronger? All he does is cry, get angry then get rekt...
Had some hopes that he would've been a little different since ep 15.
Jul 24, 2016 1:41 PM
Dec 2013
Can any light novel readers answer if it's even possible for this anime to get into why all this is even happening? Has the light novel even explained that? At this point my questions continue to mount and the show doesn't bother to answer anything it just continues to introduce more plot threads leading to more questions that it continues not to answer. These are just some of the things I'm waiting for this show to answer.

Who is the witch?

What is the witch's objective?

Why was Subaru brought to this world?

Why does he have the power to reset when he dies?

Why can't he talk about it with other people?

Why did his telling Emilia kill her instead of him?

What's the end game of this series?

What's the deal with puck?

What the heck happened to Rem? Why don't they remember her now?

How come every time Subaru saves a person in his core group of people another tragedy happens and they keep dying?

Who exactly is that creepy guy with the black hands?

What exactly is the witches cult and what are they trying to do? Do they work for the witch or are they on their own?

What's the deal with being a half-elf?
Jul 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
"Emilia is best waifu. Who is this Rem you are talking about?"

Subaru needs to take chill pills.

I think we see the theme of this arc heavily in this episode. The theme would be that, Subaru only wants Emilia to love him. He has Rem, but still so. He doesn't even care what happens to Emilia at the end, or what Emilia wants. He even killed Emilia, just so he would justify himself in front of her.

I would call Subaru's behavior, "Ego". "Pride" can also show itself as "Ego" if I am right. I don't know anything about the Ordeal but I can guess Subaru is really one of them.
Jul 24, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
_Hans_ said:
AmejiHunter said:

It says she comes from Re:Zero but I truly have no idea who that is. Never seen her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were you high or something when you made that? The only girl named Rem ( That's what it says on your profile ) I can think about is that shinigami in Death Note. You know, the one that, well, err... died?

Yeah man idk¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, this "Rem" chick is pretty darn cute tho! I think I will keep her on my profile

Agreed ^

You got good taste, even though I have no idea who that girl is.
Mar 2015
Nezperdian said:
We need a spin-off for Rem & Subaru

The author actually wrote an AU scenario where they run off together and get married instead. I think just to torture us with the happiness that could have been.

stone616 said:
Can any light novel readers answer if it's even possible for this anime to get into why all this is even happening? Has the light novel even explained that? At this point my questions continue to mount and the show doesn't bother to answer anything it just continues to introduce more plot threads leading to more questions that it continues not to answer. These are just some of the things I'm waiting for this show to answer.

Like half of those have already been answered at least partially or heavily implied in the series already.

Who is the witch? The witch of envy who destroyed half the world and was sealed

What is the witch's objective? To be unsealed, duh

Why was Subaru brought to this world? It's already heavily implied just by the mechanism of having checkpoints after certain events that he can't choose that she is trying to use him as part of her plan

Why does he have the power to reset when he dies? Implied that the power is from Satella

Why can't he talk about it with other people? Because Satella prevents him with extreme pain or if he pushes through it, kills whoever hears

Why did his telling Emilia kill her instead of him? see above

What's the deal with puck? I think this was in the manga but not made clear in the anime, he's a very powerful spirit contracted to Emilia

What the heck happened to Rem? Why don't they remember her now? It may not have been stated outright but you should be able to infer that the White Whale has something to do with it.

How come every time Subaru saves a person in his core group of people another tragedy happens and they keep dying? Because suffering is entertaining.

Who exactly is that creepy guy with the black hands? Betelgeuse, the Bishop of Sloth

What's the deal with being a half-elf? Satella was a half elf who resembles Emilia
vykrJul 24, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
SKP138 said:
All aboard the Despair Train!

Great episode. It seems that Subaru can say "Return by Death" now but at the cost of someone's life. Unfortunately, Emilia was killed by Subaru trying to tell her about his own little world. So for now, it seems that Subaru still can't tell anyone and I highly doubt he will tell anyone now since it resulted in him killing someone. That Emilia scene wasn't close to the Rem torture scene, I think that's the producer's fault though, the music wasn't deep and it seemed like a few scenes were either censored or cut out because it seems like Emilia was impaled. I believe that Subaru has Unseen Hands as well since the hands are exactly the same as Betelguese's Unseen Hands.

As for Rem, it seems that the White Whale can erase a person's existence as seen with the Bandana Guy. That is some terrifying power and if Subaru gets someone to help him fight that thing, it's gonna be REALLY hard to battle that without losing a single person's existence.

Fuck Otto. That stupid ass cunt. Awesome to see Beatrice again though, I definitely love how she talks.

So now we have two main antagonist this arc.

Betelguese w/ Witch Cult- So you got a witch with an ability called Unseen Hands that can easily break and bend people's limbs. Not only that, it seems like he has a butt load of hands which I'm sure can be used to fight multiple enemies. (Poor Rem) He may have more abilities that we might not know of as of yet. Also, the Witch Cult is no joke as it destroyed Rem and Ram's village that are filled with demons. Though Rem was able to kill quite a few, she was heavily wounded in doing so. At the same time, they completely obliterated Emilia's area, leaving no survivors except for Puck.

White Whale- Big ass whale that can erase people's existence. I'm sure it hits hard too due to it's sheer size and it's roar is enough to send multiple carriages flying. It's also fairly fast since it caught up to Subaru and Otto (FUCK OTTO) on a dragon carriage at full speed. Let's not forget about the mist as I'm sure it will become a hindrance.

I'm sure Subaru will somehow come up with an army to help, but regardless if he does get one, how the hell is he going to fight those two powerhouses? Now I'm even more interested in Subaru since he can now see the Unseen Hands from Betelguese. Does that mean every time he dies, he gets closer to being a witch himself?

4/5

I don't care about the Waifu wars. I love Rem and Emilia both. Although Emilia's death hit me hard, it did not come near the level of sadness to Rem's and I think that's the studio's fault.

the anime director in hypocrite one and don't argue with me ...
Jul 24, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
bob01020304 said:

Dude you made my day with this lololo
subaru was ment to be a loser , he doesn't have to be OP he have to use his mind
sadly he don't have nither of them .
Jul 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Munael said:
Jagd84 said:

If Subaru manages to mention his ability to anyone, Satella will kill them to keep it secret. At least that what seems like.

Oh and love how Emilia's death by black hands was handled. It wasn't dramatic, but more like a silent forbidden horror. You know something is wrong, but your not sure just happened. Do it the sameway as ep 15 wouldn't have fit at all since Emilia didn't die slowly, but suddenly. That kind of pure shock works really well for those not expecting it.

I don't think Satella will always kill the person he's trying to tell it to. It's not something that triggers automatically, it seems more like Satella herself being a watchful eye and stopping him when he tries to do something she doesn't like.
I think she killed Emilia in this instance because that would make Subaru suffer much more since if he died instead he'd just get what he wanted: A free and quick reset.

That's actually good point. If we assume Satella is watching his every more then she probably killed her because it was most prudent move. It would also sere as punishment for breaking the unspoken rule in her eyes.

Jan 2016
Betelgeuse is kawaii.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm impressed with the smart guys who would do everything right in his place. One big applause for you. I'm gonna call you guys the ''Kirito'' group, you fit right there.

Feb 2014
Subaru is terrible at explaining things. He was basically like "just come with me bitch and dont ask questions!"

He just needs to calm down a little and logically think things through. Explaining that the witches cult was about to attack and Emilia might of listened. Most of the time he just seems like a crazy person to those around him.
Jul 24, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
I think this might be the first anime with MC that went literally insane, kinda cool

that conversation with Emilia kinda bothered me, why didn't he mention that someone will attack the mansion instead of trying to pull her outside
but I also loved the scene when she said "Why are you crying as if you're in such pain?"
Jul 24, 2016 1:46 PM
Oct 2010
GREW said:
LoneWizard said:
-I saw them on my way,Witch's Cult is coming here lets run away

HOW HARD IS IT TO SIMPLY SAY THIS LINE SUBARU???
... maybe you can't say this sentence in their language? haha

LOL, maybe.

A bit more "seriously", Subaru's wisdom, charisma and sanity points have been going steadily down with each episode. I think it's now a miracle he can still (barely) communicate.

On the other hand, he gained the ability to see the creepy hands. Does that mean Subaru is now approaching the "true madness" Betelgeuse was talking about?

BTW, now that it's clear to me that the witch truly hates Emilia, I wonder why...

Perhaps she summoned Subaru after taking a liking to him, and can't stand that he has eyes only for Emilia, who even looks a lot like she did.

Maybe the root of the hunt for Emilia, and Subaru's endless suffering are simply the result of jealousy from a godlike being.

... well, there's a crack theory anyway.
AjunkyJul 24, 2016 1:59 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 24, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
shitoyasha said:
Betelgeuse is kawaii.

Someone who acknowledges his greatness. Welcome to the Church of Satella!
Re:Zero nice troll ending.

Dec 2015
Subaru: Hey Betelgeuse!!

Betelgeuse: Huh?

Subaru: I can return from death!

Betelgeuse dies

And everyone lived happily forever after, the end.

Jan 2014
Daaaamn.. the despair is real in this one o.o
Finally Subaru has the guts to speak to Emillia about his ability.. then the hands decide to kill Emillia instead TT_TT. Looks like there's going to be a somewhat turnaround now with Puck appearing.

Apr 2016
Yourlolm said:
Subaru only seeks death, he wants to flee from this reality. Then the cult arrives and Betelgeuse praises him for not being slothful and basically doing their job. t Once again Betelgeuse believes Subaru to be a sin since he says how Emilia died already after meeting only one sin. Then something really interesting happens. Subaru can see the authority of sloth which surprises Betelgeuse a lot, in fact it enrages him.
youre crazy if u think im reading more than 5 lines

Jul 24, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
vykr said:
Nezperdian said:
We need a spin-off for Rem & Subaru

The author actually wrote an AU scenario where they run off together and get married instead. I think just to torture us with the happiness that could have been.

Subaru does say so in the canon story but he get the okabe treatment
Jul 24, 2016 1:48 PM
Jun 2016
So Subaru was ok with moving on with Rem dead but wanted to die ASAP when Emilia died. FUCK OFF SUBARU SCUM, you're the only one not seeing who's best girl here.

And i swear if it becomes a new checkpoint after Rem is dead and erased from everyone's mind, i'm dropping this shit, i had enough for fucks sake ç_ç
Jul 24, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
bob01020304 said:

Dude you made my day with this lololo
subaru was ment to be a loser , he doesn't have to be OP he have to use his mind
sadly he don't have nither of them .

It's just starting to get annoying at this point, it's the same cycle every time. Anime had a cool concept but this mc is ruining it for me.
Jul 24, 2016 1:50 PM
Nov 2013
Well, another interesting episode.

From what i get, it seems like Betty cares about him much more than she likes to admit.

And...i dunno, i know love doesn't always makes much sense BUT....the way subaru is crazy about emilia still makes me wonder, if the witch somehow isn't making him like that.

He clearly cares for rem, who did so much for him, but somehow, he only wants to go back to save emilia, but not rem. Dunno, this just makes me a little suspicious about him.

Maybe he's not aware at all that he's simply being mislead by the Witch to love emilia so crazily. I mean, it seems like witch wants something of emilia, so it would be probably in her interest to make him so damn attached to her. The whole emi-subaru thing just doesn't make much sense, and it feels like it's that on purpose. If so...that would be a good twist.

If nothing else, this is a lot about romance, and he can't have both emilia AND rem....I'm guessing one of those two will either die for good, or simply not care as much for him as subaru would like to atm. Which would be emilia, if i'd have to guess.
Jul 24, 2016 1:51 PM
May 2015
Ugh, I fucking cried a bit when Rem decided to sacrifice herself just so Subaru can live but for whatever reason, I didn't cry when Emilia died. I was shocked and saddened but I didn't cry at all..

Also, I'm laughing right now at people who thinks Subaru is useless...How about putting yourself in that situation? Of course, he's not going to be able think properly. The guy went through a lot of shit. No one wants to help him and he's basically doing this all by himself....Well, not himself, he has Rem but after this episode, I really think he's by himself right now. He's also not supposed to be your cliched ass protagonist where he randomly gets a super powerup to solve everything.

Watch SAO if you guys think Subaru is useless...That's the perfect show for you..God, why am I even on this website?

Aug 2013
So....that happened. I have no words.

Anyways, upon this episode, where is the anime at in terms of covering the material in the LNs?

Also...Puck looking like he's saying: "Just who the hell do you think I am?" in that last scene.
Don't believe the hype.

Nov 2011
I don't understand Pack this episode, Isn't he supposed to be weak and sleepy the night? Who would he defend the corpse of emilia? He probably already know she's dead !!

Now, I feel like Emilia is a kind of homonculus from FMA, a half-elf created by Pack somehow, and Betelgeuse want to revive the witch through her body, she's a receptacle but he want to make sure the body is worth the witch, that's why he do this Ordeal stuff ... or something like that.

Betty is really heartless, she cares more about Pack than Emilia :o
I feel life a sentence of beatrice is misstranslated, right after she says "I'm not like Roswaal", tell me if I'm wrong.
Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.