Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2011
Raku saids 226, with kosaki he feels like he is gonna be happy forever, even now he still think so, but that day, he has a new thought - "I feel like I could go with chitoge to another level..." the feeling it gives, its more like a best friend to me, reason being happy from bottom of the heart.

ermm... I mean i dont think that vague reason is enough to choose chitoge over a girl u have been liking for years plus being the promised girl.

'But that day, I have a new thought' also feels like a relationship can be replaced by a new person that u feel like u are more happy with. For instance, you are in a relationship, and you think she is ur only soul mate, but according to komi, is she really ur soul mate ? There are still another billions of girls out there, and more than one of them u will feel like she suits better for u cos u never know since there are alot !

here is where the question lies, is it okay to replace with ur current one and say to yourself, "but that day, i have a new thought being with this new girl i feel like i can go to another level with her" ?

So how can you be so sure that when raku is with chitoge, and when he meets some new girl, he wouldnt say "but that day, i have a new thought" ? and he regret there is a better girl for him out there.

Thats why I think komi is really bad at writing but good at drawing. The only reason he gives for chitoge winning is just, a random girl comes in and abuse u for abit and then u can be happy from the bottom of the heart and ta...da ... u choose her over a girl u have been liking for ages...

Mod Edit: Title changed from spoilers
TyrelJul 22, 2016 2:01 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 20, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
I totally agree that the reasons Raku stated for falling for Chitoge weren't satisfying or convincing but I wouldn't go out of my way to say Komi was trying to send a message of the sort. Feelings do change. Raku might have loved Onodera all this time but since neither of them made a move, there was no development to their relationship while his relationship with Chitoge was developing throughout the series. It was obvious from the very start that Chitoge will be endgame. I would also say that Onodera lost her chances. We can't say for sure if she and Raku would be together had she confessed earlier but I still think she lost many chances. This to be said about Raku as well but since he's a guy, he ended up winning either way.

Despite me not being a fan of either Chitoge or Onodera, I do think that Raku did fall for Chitoge. True, she hits him all the time but we all know that tsundere characters almost always win, right? Also, since it was a fake relationship formed to fool people, we should all know that it was going to end this way. They start as pretend lovers till they fall for each other and become real lovers. Recycled trope but this is how it is.

To answer your question, Raku and Onodera weren't dating, so I wouldn't call that cheating. He didn't even know she was the promise girl until after he rejected her. I'm not trying to defend Raku here but this is what happened. It's just a matter of lost chances and luck. As I said, feelings do change. There are a lot of people who thought they would be together when they were little but end up with different people. Raku did like Onodera and he did feel he would be happy with her but maybe Chitoge changed his his life and way of thinking. Again, I'm not convinced neither satisfied by Raku's reasons for choosing Chitoge but hey, men do choose like that, so I'm not really surprised.
Now, whether Raku will fall for someone else eventually is something we will never get to see as the series is going to end with him and Chitoge together. Don't forget that almost all manga endings like to give the feeling of a happy ending and love that will last forever, which isn't realistic but this is fiction.

A lot of people argue that Chitoge deserves to be with Raku because she "supposedly" did a lot for him but I don't really see it that way. Marika also deserves to be with Raku but she wasn't lucky enough to win his love. This is a romantic comedy, so a lot of people are expected to get disappointed since there are a lot of girls and only one gets to be with the guy and that girl usually isn't who the fans wanted.
Jul 20, 2016 5:40 PM
Nov 2015
dude,Chitoge is the heroine since the one shot
Jul 20, 2016 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
I have never believed Raku was "in love" with Onodera from the beginning. Nothing can convince me otherwise. In fact, falling for Chitoge just proves that point even further.

Jul 20, 2016 9:09 PM
May 2015
komi be like "U mad bruh?"
Jul 20, 2016 11:45 PM

Nov 2013
What did you expect from a shitty writer?

The start of the Manga was fun, but it turned into garbage vefy quickly and you could see that the author isn't the best at writing. It was obvious that he's going with the predictable way. For some reason jap dudes are in love with annoying and abusive girls.
Jul 21, 2016 2:34 AM
Jul 2012
I'm not sure why he chose Chitoge she didn't even win a popularity contest until after Komi eliminated other girls. Chitoge and Kosaki are essentially the same character minus of them being the heir to a criminal organization and acting the part.

Truth be told he had better options Marika, Haru, and Yui?

But either way Raku is a terrible character, Komi is truthfully a really shitty writer and I would laugh if something bad was to happen to him, and Chitoge and Kosaki are decent at best.

Ruri and Shu are much better than Chitoge and Raku eitherway so atleast 1 good thing came out of the series.
Jul 21, 2016 2:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty sure the main reason was that he had chosen Chitoge to win from the beginning
Jul 21, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
tsunderes are godlike in this medium
is forbidden for them to lose
tragedydesuJul 21, 2016 4:50 AM
Jul 21, 2016 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
As people have been saying, the story has been about Chitoge this whole time. Hell, the title even refers to their relationship as it was at the beginning. It only developed from there.
Jul 21, 2016 6:16 AM

Dec 2015
Read the One-Shot. Seriously...
Fellaini is God
Jul 21, 2016 7:02 AM
Jan 2016
I really hate fans logic with this she loved him for a long time and he love her for a long time so they should be together. LOL Like @HatsumiShinogu mentioned feelings change overtime ESPECIALLY when you never had a steady development with the one you like thats why Onodera's not the one dense guy chooses. They were shying like Idiots with each other halting any relationship developments ( I blame Komi ). Meanwhile every arc Chitoge and Dense guy grew closer From Hate>Friends>Bestfriends>Love. Onodera meanwhile Childhood "Love">Crush>Crush>Crush?! where's the development? its been clear as day who is the main heroine since chapter 0.
Jul 21, 2016 7:07 AM

Feb 2016
just admit it bro,the first girl that appears on this series always be a winner
Jul 21, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2012
I agree, his sudden switch when he talked with Shuu back then felt pretty badly written. Like you could change you feelings like that. Raku is actually the worst developed character of this series.
Jul 21, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2011
Jakerams said:
Komi is truthfully a really shitty writer and I would laugh if something bad was to happen to him

Jesus. You're talking about a human being, not a fictional character. Lighten up, mate. We understand things didn't go the way you wanted them to, but ease up. Your inner hater is showing.

Mich666 said:
I agree, his sudden switch when he talked with Shuu back then felt pretty badly written. Like you could change you feelings like that. Raku is actually the worst developed character of this series.

Actually, you can change feelings just like that. I envy you 'cause you've never experienced it. Hahaha.

=====

While I think the confession could've been better executed, I like how the last chapter was done though. It was realistic and while I agree that Komi isn't the best at writing (plot points were predictable), his plot follows the age-old tropes. There are no new twists or anything but that's what makes everything that happened reasonable. Nisekoi isn't a soap opera, it's a romantic comedy. It's supposed to be light-hearted.
You should really just comment on my profile if you want me to see your reply.
Jul 21, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2008
PhantomBlaster15 said:
I really hate fans logic with this she loved him for a long time and he love her for a long time so they should be together. LOL Like @HatsumiShinogu mentioned feelings change overtime ESPECIALLY when you never had a steady development with the one you like thats why Onodera's not the one dense guy chooses. They were shying like Idiots with each other halting any relationship developments ( I blame Komi ). Meanwhile every arc Chitoge and Dense guy grew closer From Hate>Friends>Bestfriends>Love. Onodera meanwhile Childhood "Love">Crush>Crush>Crush?! where's the development? its been clear as day who is the main heroine since chapter 0.

ALL of this though.

Mich666 said:
I agree, his sudden switch when he talked with Shuu back then felt pretty badly written. Like you could change you feelings like that.

You don't get it.

Raku's feelings changed a LONG time ago. He just wasn't able to see it. I get the impression that his feelings were changing the same time as Chitoge's: the school festival RomeoxJuliet play. The hints were only everywhere.
ChiibiJul 21, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 21, 2016 8:20 AM

Mar 2015
the shippers/waifuism/"best girl" tears are always soo delicious in harem series... that's why i love harem fanbase... keep it up guys...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 21, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2012
Nioavellir said:
Jakerams said:
Komi is truthfully a really shitty writer and I would laugh if something bad was to happen to him

Jesus. You're talking about a human being, not a fictional character. Lighten up, mate. We understand things didn't go the way you wanted them to, but ease up. Your inner hater is showing.

It's not that I'm upset that things didn't go the way I wanted I just hate anyone whose job is to write a story and does a terrible job with it. If you are the author of a series you should atleast know how to write which obviously isn't something Komi could do anymore. So yeah case in point I just hate people who are just terrible at creating a story.

Nisekoi story. I like a girl and I used to like a girl 10 years ago but I forgot them. I find a new girl she beats on me, call me names, and she can't do anything womanly. Wow both girls made a promise similar to one I made with the girl from ten years ago but they also forgot 99% of the details. Another girl shows up who claims to remember all the details and she is head over heels with a worthless guy like me. My best friend is always supporting me with stuff. Another girl shows up claiming to remember everything as well. I reject both girls who know everything about me because I obviously wasn't important to the Kosaki and Chitoge for them to ever remember who I was 10 years ago or even remember who they were. Hey I love you Chitoge even though all we do is fight and you can't do anything properly.

So yeah anyways my hate for Nisekoi and Komi is the way they handled the promised girl scenario. Raku, Chitoge, and Kosaki were all stupid enough to forget each other which should show how much they meant to each other, yet better girls like Yui and Marika remembered everything about all of them.
Jul 21, 2016 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Razier said:

Except in TWGOK.

I don't read the manga but its obvious from the start where the series is heading, even if you put 300 girls in it.

Jul 21, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
Well Nisekoi wasnt a good romance story to begin with anyways. Its just about a dense motherfcker for an MC that picks the worst girl out of his harem with a shitty reason to top it.
Jul 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
-Stray said:
Well Nisekoi wasnt a good romance story to begin with anyways..

Compared to stuff like To-Love-Ru and Love Hina, Nisekoi is Shakespeare. It was at least tasteful.

Jul 21, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
Chiibi said:
-Stray said:
Well Nisekoi wasnt a good romance story to begin with anyways..

Compared to stuff like To-Love-Ru and Love Hina, Nisekoi is Shakespeare. It was at least tasteful.

I guess, but its still horrible lol. Now that this is fcking over onwards to wait who the 2nd dumbass mf MC Rito to choose which one he wants or ends in a harem route.
Jul 21, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Razier said:

Except in TWGOK.

I don't read the manga but its obvious from the start where the series is heading, even if you put 300 girls in it.

true she wasnt the first girl he met but
she was a a bitchy tsundere
Jul 21, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
-Stray said:

I guess, but its still horrible lol.

No, the only horrible parts were several really dumb filler chapters. Other than those, it's a good series.

Jul 21, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2015
The salt in this thread though.
Jul 21, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
I am not reading Nisekoi anymore, but I think it is to be expected that many people were be disappointed with the ending after so many chapters waiting for Raku to choose a girl. 220+ chapters for dragging such a simple romance plot is just too much.
Jul 21, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
Even after reading chapter 227, it's still not a satisfying reason. I understand why he likes her, but it's just...I just don't know what to say. There is something missing from it, but I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I rooted for Onodera the whole way because I honestly thought that she could be chosen. I thought the author would twist the harem and not make the Chitoge the obvious choice from chapter 1. That's kind of why I kept reading this.

Honestly, Shu and Ruri's relationship was way more interesting that what we have seen now.

Good chapter though, I like Chitoge. Just feel kinda sad that Onodera wasn't chosen.
XarvynJul 21, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 21, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Xarvyn said:

Honestly, Shu and Ruri's relationship was way more interesting that what we have seen now.

This makes me LOL every time I see this.

It's amusing.....but it's NOT interesting or a better ship than ChixRaku

Shuu acts like an idiot-----> Ruri beats the shit out of him------->Ruri eventually starts to like him--------> Ruri continues to beat the shit out of him until she accepts that she likes him.

Talk about abuse.......

Jul 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Aug 2011
Chiibi said:
Xarvyn said:

Shuu acts like an idiot-----> Ruri beats the shit out of him------->Ruri eventually starts to like him--------> Ruri continues to beat the shit out of him until she accepts that she likes him.

Talk about abuse.......

So Ruri pretty much did the same thing Chitoge did. Maybe I should get girls to beat the shit out of me.
Jul 21, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2008
Xarvyn said:
Chiibi said:

Talk about abuse.......

So Ruri pretty much did the same thing Chitoge did. Maybe I should get girls to beat the shit out of me.

Err, no.

Chitoge and Raku had FAR more tender moments. Find me at least three panels of Ruri and Shuu smiling at each other.....yeah, there aren't any. Ruri even hit Shuu when he literally did nothing. Not a thing.

Jul 21, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2011
Chiibi said:
Xarvyn said:

Err, no.

Chitoge and Raku had FAR more tender moments. Find me at least three panels of Ruri and Shuu smiling at each other.....yeah, there aren't any. Ruri even hit Shuu when he literally did nothing. Not a thing.

Yeah, you're right. Saying that was a little extreme. I had to remind myself of all those arcs that involved Chitoge and Raku's relationship. It had a lot more impact on me than it did with Ruri and Shuu. I hope they all end up very happy together for the rest of their lives.

I hope the conclusion is some sort of timeskip. Like with Naruto.
Jul 21, 2016 1:26 PM

May 2009
-Stray said:
Well Nisekoi wasnt a good romance story to begin with anyways. Its just about a dense motherfcker for an MC that picks the worst girl out of his harem with a shitty reason to top it.

But he didn't choose Onodoormat.
Jul 21, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Actually no. It makes absolute sense why the author made Raku choose Chitoge. If he chose Onodera, what would be the whole point of this story? That love never fails? If that were true, then why not just save the audience years of their lives and save themselves the trouble by writing something different? I'm not trying to be biased in any way, but it wouldn't make sense if he chose Onodera. Chitoge's character wouldn't be needed and they could have just easily portrayed Raku and Onodera's relationship in a different manner.

caught in the wonder
Jul 21, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
Xarvyn said:
Chiibi said:

Err, no.

Yeah, you're right. Saying that was a little extreme. I had to remind myself of all those arcs that involved Chitoge and Raku's relationship. It had a lot more impact on me than it did with Ruri and Shuu. I hope they all end up very happy together for the rest of their lives.

Me too. I actually am looking forward to re-reading the whole thing again. XD Maybe I'm crazy. I really enjoyed reading it the first time though!

Jul 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
Well I guess the good thing is that this fucking piece of shit is almost over because I can't stand much more of this clinched bullshit.
Jul 21, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
-Stray said:

But.... but Odordera's only 2nd worst girl!
Jul 21, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
That quote simply mean that he likes Chitoge more. Why is it so hard to understand that? your analogy is really, really weak since the "what if there's someone better" can be asked to every couple in this world yet that's just how relationship really is. It's not about finding the best person possible but rather who you'd be willing to commit to despite all the imperfections and flaws.

So the real question here is, was Raku ever committed to Kosaki? the answer is absolutely not. Therefore he's free to fall in love with someone else. You're talking as if Chitoge just appeared and snatch Raku away but their love is a byproduct of months and months of spending time together. Have you never noticed that Raku actually spent more time with Chitoge than he ever did with Kosaki for the whole manga?

What Raku had for Kosaki was a simple crush, that's all there is to it. It's not some sort of undying love or that they are soulmates. They are so not soulmates. Way too uncomfortable with each other to be called soulmates. A promise as a child is also just that, a childhood promise. The theme that Komi always emphasized is that the present is more important than the past. Isn't that how life is? you don't dwell on your exes or your past crushes, you go with the person you love now.

Raku is much, much more comfortable with Chitoge than he ever was with Kosaki. You say that they're more like best friends but what's wrong with that? the best kind of relationship is when you're in love with someone who's also your best friend. Love isn't as straight forward as 1+1=2. The fact that Raku is in love with Chitoge isn't something you can say is meh or what because after looking through his journey in this manga, how can he not be in love with her? I don't know if you don't have enough experience with real life relationships or what but it's actually a lot more strange if Raku doesn't fall in love with Chitoge by the end of this manga. To put it simply, he's much more invested to Chitoge than Kosaki. Now, if he knew that Kosaki was the promised girl from the very beginning that might be a different story but as far as Raku's concerned, the promised girl is nothing but a vague memory of the past.
Jul 21, 2016 11:45 PM
May 2016
the reason why chitoge won because raku is a masochist
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn8ys-xUsAE743Z.jpg:large
Jul 22, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
msvitch said:

agree only masochist will chose a bitch like gorilla
Jul 22, 2016 2:36 AM

May 2009
-Stray said:
bastek66 said:

But.... but Odordera's only 2nd worst girl!

Nope, she is the worst - zero development during course of series.
Jul 22, 2016 2:56 AM
Nov 2014
Onodera was shit anyway.

HollowIchigo58 said:
Well I guess the good thing is that this fucking piece of shit is almost over because I can't stand much more of this clinched bullshit.

If you hate it so much, then why are you even reading it? Are you retarded or have some other mental disability? I don't think any sane person would read 200+ chapters of something they hate.
Jul 22, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2008
tragedydesu said:
msvitch said:

agree only masochist will chose a bitch like gorilla

Ooooh she SLAPPED him. Big f*cking deal. Couples fight. There is not a single couple in the world who gets along 100% of the time. Raku's not an M. He said he hated her at first because she was mean to him. He started to like her once she became NICE. You want to see a REAL M, go watch MM. Tarou's a real M.

You're just making lame excuses for Chitoge winning cause you're salty your Onodoof didn't win.

Get over it, bruh. :)

@MoeGod: AMAZING post, bruh. :D I couldn't have said it better.

If you hate it so much, then why are you even reading it? Are you retarded or have some other mental disability? I don't think any sane person would read 200+ chapters of something they hate.

I think HollowIchigo's an M. :)
ChiibiJul 22, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 22, 2016 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
cookies0 said:
Onodera was shit anyway.

HollowIchigo58 said:

Oh yeah this is the internet where people's opinions don't mean jack shit.

I have to do that asshole, if its not complete I have to finish it and I was liking it until it hit around chapter 130, but if its complete then I can just cheat and skip to the ending.

Also Nisekoi makes a good target for me to rant and bash on and I don't listen to ass wipes that support this cliche piece of shit, still like the MC and the female characters though, EXCEPT Chitoge.
Jul 22, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
HollowIchigo58 said:

and I don't listen to ass wipes that support this cliche piece of shit.

It's fine if you don't like the manga but could you please refrain from attacking a real group of people who like something you don't?

Come back when you get out of diapers.

Jul 22, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2008
Chiibi said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

and I don't listen to ass wipes that support this cliche piece of shit.

It's fine if you don't like the manga but could you please refrain from attacking a real group of people who like something you don't?

Come back when you get out of diapers.
Hey the person that made this discussion thinks that Nisekoi has shitty writing also.

Like I said in my review Nisekoi is a carbon copy, ripoff of Love Hina, minus the Tokyo U. shit and Raku not being a Beta to the max like Keitaro.
Jul 22, 2016 6:49 PM

Nov 2008
HollowIchigo58 said:
]Hey the person that made this discussion thinks that Nisekoi has shitty writing also.

That's fine. But you don't see the OP attacking people who disagree, right? You don't see him calling people "ass wipes". So don't be childish.

Like I said in my review Nisekoi is a carbon copy, ripoff of Love Hina, minus the Tokyo U. shit and Raku not being a Beta to the max like Keitaro.

Oh PLEASE.

Love Hina sucks ass. Nisekoi is so much better. Mainly because ChixRaku are better characters and make a better couple than NaruxKei.....but also because I find that series so very....trashy. Nisekoi has more class. And besides, the backstory about a children's book and the keys and lock are much more interesting than "hey, let's promise to go to the same school".

I'm really glad Nisekoi doesn't constantly make jokes like "LOL BOY GRABBED BUTT BY MISTAKE. NOW GIRL PUNCHES HIM LOL" I'm so done with jokes like that. They aren't funny after the 1000000th time anymore. But that was ALL Love Hina did. It got so stupid....
ChiibiJul 22, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 22, 2016 9:39 PM

Nov 2008
Chiibi said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
]Hey the person that made this discussion thinks that Nisekoi has shitty writing also.

That's fine. But you don't see the OP attacking people who disagree, right? You don't see him calling people "ass wipes". So don't be childish.

Oh PLEASE.

Love Hina sucks ass. Nisekoi is so much better. Mainly because ChixRaku are better characters and make a better couple than NaruxKei.....but also because I find that series so very....trashy. Nisekoi has more class. And besides, the backstory about a children's book and the keys and lock are much more interesting than "hey, let's promise to go to the same school".

I'm really glad Nisekoi doesn't constantly make jokes like "LOL BOY GRABBED BUTT BY MISTAKE. NOW GIRL PUNCHES HIM LOL" I'm so done with jokes like that. They aren't funny after the 1000000th time anymore. But that was ALL Love Hina did. It got so stupid....
Well im going by a new thing now, whats the fucking point of calling it a harem if the MC is going to end up with 1 girl.
Jul 22, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2008
HollowIchigo58 said:
Chiibi said:

Oh PLEASE.

Well im going by a new thing now, whats the fucking point of calling it a harem if the MC is going to end up with 1 girl.

Idk. Apparently any show that has more than two potential love interests for the MC is called a "harem".

It's still hard for me to think of Toradora as one.

Jul 22, 2016 10:45 PM

Nov 2008
Chiibi said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Idk. Apparently any show that has more than two potential love interests for the MC is called a "harem".

It's still hard for me to think of Toradora as one.
I call it a harem if the MC ends up with all the girls like in High School DxD, that way no one will get disappointed if there favorite girl loses.
Jul 22, 2016 11:36 PM
May 2015
SOOOO salty...... and delicious
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 229 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

298 by luix66 »»
Feb 13, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 68 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 28, 2013

27 by GGA_ »»
Jan 14, 8:56 PM

» Where to start reading after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

6 by chunkybovi »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:59 PM

» Coping with the last scene of the manga

imissnisekoi - Jul 27, 2023

10 by asztalosdani »»
Jul 28, 2023 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.