Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2023 12:06 AM
Jul 2023
Recently finished this manga. For the most part I did not have issues others have with this series like the fillers, stretching of the story, development of the characters, rushing of the last arc among others as I am not really an avid reader. I genuinely enjoyed the story and the characters till the very last chapter. However I could not be satisfied with the ending of the couple. I know it has been 7 years since this ended. however I just cannot accept this is it.

I would have been fine with either Kosaki or Chitoge being chosen to be Raku's lover, but I really wanted to see their relationship develop after the confession. I wanted to see Raku and Chitoge live their lives as true lovers or them getting married or at the very least see their last kiss. After all that has happened, couldn't we have deserved to see them kissing? I was really expecting to see something like this when I first picked up this series, which is why I am left with a huge void in my heart which I cannot fill. I am constantly thinking of how their lives would have been after the end of the series. Only if the author had included a few chapters in addition to the ending. Maybe even if they didn't censor the kiss, I would still have been completely fine with the conclusion.

How can I fill this hole in my heart? Is there some fanfiction ending for this story that encapsulates what I am looking for? Could there be a place where I could talk among other Nisekoi fans? I have heard there is a Bunko edition of the manga coming out with bonus timeskip chapters, but I doubt it would be enough considering they would release one every month with only 2-3 bonus panels in each volume.

It's unfortunate that this manga is not popular enough to have an active community with whom I would be able to cope with. This was my first romcom manga among the few other mangas I have read so far, and none of them have hurt me in the end this much.
imissnisekoiJul 27, 2023 2:59 AM
Jul 27, 2023 12:41 AM
Nov 2020
most generic romcom mangas end like this, with the confession (and maybe a kiss) and sometimes a timeskip chapter with marriage or future life together.
Jul 27, 2023 12:56 AM
Feb 2020
Unfortunately, that's a trend with many Romance manga.

The "End it after the confession" thing.

Some manga that DON'T end after the confession, and actually have the couple be together for a while until the end (or ongoing) are:

• Kaoru_Hana_wa_Rin_to_Saku (THE BEST ROMANCE MANGA TO EXIST, Vanilla, Straight, Delinquent X rich girl)

• Yancha Gal no Anjou-san (Gal x nerd, straight)

• Horimiya (Vanilla, straight)

• The Story Between A Dumb Prefect And A High School Girl With An Inappropriate skirt length (Vanilla, straight)

• Citrus & Citrus Plus (Yuri - Lesbian)

• Henjo (Ecchi, JK x young Adult couple)

• Uzaki chan (Straight, Tall boy x Small girl)

• Fetiple (Non-sexual Fetish focus, like hair, wholesome, Straight, Adult Part 1, School part 2)

• Love is war (More comedy than romance, straight)

• Lonely Girl ni Sakaraenai (Yuri, school)

• Otoko no Ko Tsuma (Transgender, Gay-Yaoi wholesome)

• Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san (Delinquent, straight)

• Tsurezure children (4-koma, straight, many couples)

• Yuzukawa-san wa, Sasshite Hoshii (Straight, school)

Tried to recommend good manga with lots of variation. Great romance anime are Toradora, Golden time, and Josee, tiger and the fish.

Enjoy!
Jul 27, 2023 1:02 AM

Jan 2017
imissnisekoi said:
I would have been fine with either Kosaki or Chitoge being chosen to be Raku's lover, but I really wanted to see their relationship develop after the confession.

As said by the users above , it's how most Romance Mangas are. (Especially olders ones)
The important part is not the ending , but all of what happened that leads to it.

You should look for more recent and/or unorthodox Mangas , such as :
Horimiya
Kaichou wa Maid-sama !
Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku
Namaikizakari.
Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru
Tonikaku Kawaii
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 27, 2023 2:58 AM
Jul 2023
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, however I do not wish to fill the emptiness from ending the manga by starting another one, at least not as of right now. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this experience and decided to create some fanfic ending that would be similar to what I wanted from the original ending. I could not blame anyone for the community's lack of interest for this manga, as I've seen from many comments the readers' disappointment in the way the story went and the outcome of the characters, many would have abandoned this series. I guess I will just have to deal with the pain for now and hope it will fade out as time moves on.
Jul 27, 2023 8:30 AM
Dec 2017
There is a visual novel called nisekoi yomeiri that have every route raku ends up with every girl he choose to be with. There are 4 route( onodera, chitoge,marika, tsugumi)
Jul 27, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2017
imissnisekoi said:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, however I do not wish to fill the emptiness from ending the manga by starting another one, at least not as of right now. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this experience and decided to create some fanfic ending that would be similar to what I wanted from the original ending. I could not blame anyone for the community's lack of interest for this manga, as I've seen from many comments the readers' disappointment in the way the story went and the outcome of the characters, many would have abandoned this series. I guess I will just have to deal with the pain for now and hope it will fade out as time moves on.

You can also watch the game on YouTube someone has already finished the game and posted it on YouTube
Jul 27, 2023 10:25 PM
Dec 2015
Agree. There is an extra chapter but it's like adding insult to the injury.
Jul 27, 2023 10:40 PM

Apr 2021
i mean i think this happens with a lot of romances where they focus so much on the act of cofessing that fail to add other interesting storylines, so pretty much when the couple confess their feelings the story is over. So thats why they have to stretch the story, etc. If im not mistaken they are releasing extra chapters rn of years in the future but i havent read it so dont quote me on this.
Jul 27, 2023 11:53 PM
Apr 2023
imissnisekoi said:
Recently finished this manga. For the most part I did not have issues others have with this series like the fillers, stretching of the story, development of the characters, rushing of the last arc among others as I am not really an avid reader. I genuinely enjoyed the story and the characters till the very last chapter. However I could not be satisfied with the ending of the couple. I know it has been 7 years since this ended. however I just cannot accept this is it.

I would have been fine with either Kosaki or Chitoge being chosen to be Raku's lover, but I really wanted to see their relationship develop after the confession. I wanted to see Raku and Chitoge live their lives as true lovers or them getting married or at the very least see their last kiss. After all that has happened, couldn't we have deserved to see them kissing? I was really expecting to see something like this when I first picked up this series, which is why I am left with a huge void in my heart which I cannot fill. I am constantly thinking of how their lives would have been after the end of the series. Only if the author had included a few chapters in addition to the ending. Maybe even if they didn't censor the kiss, I would still have been completely fine with the conclusion.

How can I fill this hole in my heart? Is there some fanfiction ending for this story that encapsulates what I am looking for? Could there be a place where I could talk among other Nisekoi fans? I have heard there is a Bunko edition of the manga coming out with bonus timeskip chapters, but I doubt it would be enough considering they would release one every month with only 2-3 bonus panels in each volume.

It's unfortunate that this manga is not popular enough to have an active community with whom I would be able to cope with. This was my first romcom manga among the few other mangas I have read so far, and none of them have hurt me in the end this much.

don't worry bro nisekoi is coming back with new chapter.

https://gamerant.com/nisekoi-manga-returns-with-time-skip-chapters/
Jul 28, 2023 4:52 AM
Jun 2021
It was exactly the same for me. The end of the manga wasn't satisfying with this whole set up and execution. It was also the first romcom what I read it.
asztalosdaniJul 28, 2023 4:56 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

» The reasoning the author gives for choosing... is meh [SPOILERS] ( 1 2 )

diu613 - Jul 20, 2016

98 by DarkCoFFiNSouL »»
Mar 7, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 229 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

298 by luix66 »»
Feb 13, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 68 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 28, 2013

27 by GGA_ »»
Jan 14, 8:56 PM

» Where to start reading after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

6 by chunkybovi »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.