Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 16, 2016 4:22 PM

Feb 2016
every episode just makes me love chika more and more... what a cutie

▬▬▬▬▬✿♥✿▬▬▬▬▬
change of heart
Jul 16, 2016 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
This episode felt very familiar....

Jul 16, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2011
Hmm. I prefered the small crowd turn out much more. Full house right off the bat is way too easy...

I'm really warming up to Riko and You though. :)
Jul 16, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Hoppy said:
Mari's brain has to be made of pure air.

I did like the performance though although it almost didn't finish with the power going out midway, luckily there were generators around and even better more people showed up right when the power was restored.
More of a reason why I don't like Mari. She'll have to have a personality change before I'll like her. She's the cliche' "spoiled girl so rich she can do anything she wants". Becoming the school director was the worst part of this whole episode because they threw money at it.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 16, 2016 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
actually liked the smaller crowd and ironically their singing more when the music got cut lol.
Jul 16, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
A bit disappointed they didn't leave it at a small crowd, especially since it was a rainy day; the community is too generous for its own good. Full crowd for a first showing just seems wtf without any established reputation.

Ah well, still liked it. I do wonder where they got the outfits from unless one of them is a clothing wizard like Kotori.
Jul 16, 2016 7:19 PM
May 2016
It was basically a bad copy of the third Love live episode, I hope they stop copying the original series and start to innovate.
Jul 16, 2016 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
i say hey hey star dash
Jul 16, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2009
XPwnDEnd said:

Ah well, still liked it. I do wonder where they got the outfits from unless one of them is a clothing wizard like Kotori.

Watanabe made them.
Jul 16, 2016 9:21 PM

May 2010
i got teary eyed with this episode because i remember µ's debut with the song, event, and even the costume, and what happened to them T^T
i like Aqours because of µ's but other than that, i still dont know..
edit: they didnt show them creating the song or practicing hard thats a little bit sad for me..
meowskieJul 16, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 16, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2011
hidamari_sketch said:
I really don't like the catchphrase of Mari,,

It was a joke

She is annoying as fuck is the problem.

dariken said:

Thank you. This 2.0 version of Love Live is not doing it imo but the music is at least good. Everything else is turning into a rip with less impressive cast.
IZEROIIJul 16, 2016 9:42 PM
Jul 16, 2016 9:43 PM
Aug 2010
Hachik0 said:
hidamari_sketch said:
I really don't like the catchphrase of Mari,,

It was a joke

They had to give her one, she's blonde and a foreigner much like... oh wait, that's right, Eli! :x

Well, her catchphrase is that "Shiny" stuff, at least, that's how all the promotion has been for her character, the same for "yousoro" for You and "zura" for Hanamaru.
Jul 16, 2016 10:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mari's accent is very infectious, I love it. On top of that she pulls a Nozomi on Dia, this girl wasted no time and had a hilarious entrance.

3 eps in and Aquors already has a packed live. Well no surprise there.
I really liked Chika decision to keep singing even after power went off. She keeps going because she wants to be an idol. The song for the performance was real good, imo I liked it more than the one for the original Love Live.

Aquors thus far has had it easy. Mari willing to fund Chika idol club, Dia helping the girls out in the end, yea...

Yohane lol
Don't be shy girl just join the club.

Jul 16, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2015
deswa best girl so far.
Jul 16, 2016 11:31 PM

Apr 2015
i think i probably know what kind of struggle will Aquors face..
but i can't say it with words alone.. actually this is my first time..
looking at the character for this new Love Live.. the Aquors member will really be a pain in the ass compare to the u's member..

Kanan looks like Eli.. if you know watch LL you know what i mean
Dia is a hardcore fans of u's she probably wont acknowledge Aquors easily.. but maybe she will join after Ruby convince her.. probably

Right now the only problem is with the third year..
They really seem hard to approach.. But i'm looking forward how will Dia and Kanan join Aquors..

Who will be Aquors rival
And the Biggest issue.. Will u's make a cameo?? in this season? Probably at the end of the series..
Jul 17, 2016 1:00 AM

Jul 2012
Okay...I knew it was going this way but...too similar.

The dialogue towards the end got very cringe worthy.

As much as I love muse, I wish they'll tone down the references. The constant worship feels so detracting to the current story and only makes me miss the original girls more.
Jul 17, 2016 1:01 AM
Nov 2013
I think the similarities to the Start:Dash!! performance were intentional to get people to think it would end the same way. So that when the town actually came together to support them (unlike what happened for Muse), it subverted expectations. Hopefully these subverted expectations are a sign of them starting to find their own way from now on.
Jul 17, 2016 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
Wow are they straight up copying exactly what happened in the OG love live??

I don't know if it was because I was drunk off my ass or what but when Chika started tearing up while singing after the power went out I was tearing up too

Its hilarious how You wears a you hate, it makes her seem super conceited LOL

God damn Mari finally shows up for reals this episode and I hate her even more than from episode 1. Her accent/ voice or whatever just sounds straight up retarded

Dia is literally trash tier bleh

Riko literally best girl, prettiest, best personality, best voice

God damn I love this show, it's so enjoyable
Jul 17, 2016 4:37 AM

Apr 2012
Enjoyable episode!

Mari is like, skyrocketing to my favorite characters list. She's hilarious.

I like the concert too, and the parallels to the first Muse concert.

Keep it up, Sunrise.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 17, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2014
I love Mari's english accent.

The concert was not as emotional as from muse but I still enjoy it.
Jul 17, 2016 6:09 AM
Jun 2013
Great episode. I thought the concert would fail and they have to spend an entire episode just to cheer the girls up again. So I'm glad that they decide to take the 'concert turns out successful' route. Gotta say, really surprised at the pervyness of Mari, more so because this show seems to be aimed at everyone including little girls. So far I'm liking the all the cast. Can't wait for Yohane to get more screen time with her chuunibyo.
Jul 17, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2008
What a great episode, I was tearing up.
Jul 17, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2012
the episode was great and its kinda tearing me up a little when things doesnt go well at the first concert. but also, well I don't really like how people comparing both of the series. like.. well they got their own story even tho the story line or the character personality there is some that similar from the previous series.
Jul 17, 2016 8:17 AM

Feb 2016
Holy fuck that was beautiful. Best episode so far. I almost shed a tear.
Jul 17, 2016 9:39 AM
Nov 2013
That song was lovely 🎶, Mari is awesome 👌
I' m looking for an Ultimate Artist to help me creating some Danganronpa manga :-)
No experience required. Why don't give it a try?
If you can do anything manga-creating related you also would be a great help!
Just simply write to me, I don't bite ;-)
Seriously
Jul 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Feb 2016
I don't think it's wise to keep comparing LL sunshine with the original one. Considering the efforts they put, I personally think they did a good job in creating this new series. Animation is definitely improved a lot, The story is quite fresh and fun to follow, also with occasionally lighthearted and heartwarming moments. Let's hope things will get better for the following episodes.

As for this episode:
- Haha Mari introduction was very comical, hard to not at least smiled a bit hearing her engrish accent
- Riko avoiding the dog by doing Mission Impossible pose was simply priceless
- Kinda guessed my dear Hanamaru was a total bookworm, she even prepared the green cloth to wrap the books
- I wonder who wrote 'Aqours" at the beach, possibly Kanan, it really fits for them
- The 2nd years really worked hard for their 1st live, I felt bad for them when the lightning stroke, but thankfully things went well
Jul 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2011
It was a good episode, but not my favorite, I felt like it was forced, and if Mari is the director, I don't know if I'm cool with that, it seems kinda weird I guess. The song was cute, but not really memorable for me as U's was. I liked the part where the lights stopped working and the concert was stopped for a moment, and I thought it was admirable of them to tough it out and continue singing, but the part where everyone came and appeared before them magically was a bit too much of a miracle.
Jul 17, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
I have mixed feelings about this episode. first, was it the same thing like the first generation ? yes....and no. it has it's own similiarity and differences. the similiarity is obviously they didn't have that much of audiece in the beginning. and yet they still sing. the difference is that, in the first generation, they didn't succes at all. i mean, not becasue of the weather problem or some shit like that, just literally, almost no one gave a fuck with their performance. only few of them watched their performanced and some of them were the ones who joined u's afterwards. so, the differences are the situation and audience. in this episode, they almost failed. but not really. actually after all of the light just went down, the black hair girl tried to help her and at the same time, a huge amount of people arrived at the gym.

and for my opinion about that turn of events; tbh, i don't kinda like that kind of turn of events. i much prefer what happened with the first generation's first stage rather than this one. but hey! that's just my opinion :D other than that, it looked great to me. and regardless of all of that, i enjoyed this episode in general. and tbh, i got emotional a little bit when Chika cried. that was a good scene tbh. i really like that a lot.

btw, please just someone tell me that, the way they just made the name of their group was a set up by someone. i mean that is so fucking unlogical. pls....just pls tell me someone set that up. that one really bothered my enjoyment.
song was pretty good imo. hope to hear more better song in the future.
i doubt this will be a 1 cour series.

looking foward for the next episode.
YizelTroJul 17, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 17, 2016 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
omfg that was beautiful 😢
Jul 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2011
I like Mari already. Hahaha. I still can't wait to see the issue behind Kanan.

I thought it would be parallel to the first debut of Umi, Honoka and Kotori. I am glad it went on a different way. All the people are there!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
- I understand Dia, she is huge u's fan, and here comes three girls, who clearly seem like posers, trying to capitalise on u's popularity, the way they did advertise on radio, and fact they didn't even come with a name, got time of concert wrong didn't help either. Even then, she helped with that generator.
- Don't know why, but i liked You-chan getting scolded for getting late, add some realism
- Chika-chan crying was really sad, props to actress
Jul 17, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2007
heh, putting the wrong date on the paper. I was surprised to see so many people show up in the rain. If the 3 girls were more well known in the apparently small town I'd understand, but it just felt weird :/ Other than a few minor things I'm enjoying this a lot so far though.

Tevens said:
btw, please just someone tell me that, the way they just made the name of their group was a set up by someone.
I have a feeling someone wrote it when they weren't looking, seems like something Yoshiko would do. She appears to be interested in the group, but with how socially awkward she is I doubt she knows how to approach them. Just my thought on it anyway :v We'll find out soon enough.
Jul 18, 2016 2:41 AM

Mar 2015
Wut!!??? srsly? lol XD

Jul 18, 2016 5:36 AM
Jul 2015
The episode was very good overall, parallels aside I do hold on to my belief that this is not a carbon copy of the original series.

The one fly in the ointment was how they chose to end it. Suddenly the whole place showing up... nah...just no.
Jul 18, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2016
As expected of Love Live!, the songs are really really good.

I love it. :)

Also, the way Mari speaks is kinda hilariously cute.
Jul 18, 2016 9:35 AM
Sep 2010
Eh, it was okay. Idol shows are not rly for me but I'm playing the game so lol why not. The school closing for u's is a stronger plot point than Chika just wanting to be an idol.
Jul 18, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the first two episodes of the series because they really went for the "ocean"-theme LL!Sunshine is supposed to have and achieved a very relaxing feel for me focusing on the interaction between Chika and Riko.

But this really stopped for me at this episode with the very forced comic-relief/fanservice/and drama brought in by the introduction of Mari who does not have spiritual power but money power and an accent, wow
(obviously not a problem with the character but with the writing)

I think there would have been other options to have Aquors first live and achieve more difference from the first series.

Technican Dia knowing her way with generators was nice though.
Jul 18, 2016 2:32 PM

Jun 2012
I also loved when dog howled after it hear Chika whine while doing that commercial for concert
Jul 18, 2016 6:51 PM

Jan 2012
ALRIGHT
Mari might be my fav

I also cried a lot this episode.
Jul 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Aug 2007
You-chan is the only one who actually has okay dialogue, can do reality check and take action. The rest on the other hand... Really, a young girl as director? I loved the first episode where the main character (I already forgot her name) actually had personal issues of "making the best out of life and not knowing what she should do". Sadly, that quickly disappeared with the overcheesy second episode. Especially with the overdramatic hand touching scene. My BF who didn't watch the first episode was like: "eeewl what is this way too sweet stuff, get it away from me". It is way too sweet. The third episode is a Muse-rip off, except for the end, was really disappointing. And then the ridiculous director came in as well? Too much comedy and leaning on like-wise setting. At least this has more "reality checks" then the first series, like how main character-chan her sister was like "You, giving a concert? Are you nuts?" Would have been nicer if they actually made her sister become more of a fan during the series instead of making everything happen in one episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 19, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
Funny how ridiculous this is lol. The power of friendship and handwork in anime is fucking hilarious.

I like these set of 2nd years better than the original ones tbh. No one's beating the seniors and the juniors thoug.
Jul 19, 2016 6:05 AM

May 2010
This blonde is dangerous, 100% opposite to how I imagined her to be. I like her tho, ojou-sama charas are nice

You is great <3 Chika's kabedon tho lmao

Yohane doing the Riko thing

Ruby is so cute, shy character done well

Oh I like the insert song! And Pudding-neechan saves the day-- nice

Another nice episode, want next episodes already-- I wanna see Yohane join the club-- it's going to be fun
Jul 19, 2016 6:56 AM

May 2015
dariken said:

Guess what ? This Love Live! Sunshine! gonna be full of original content...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2012
I love You's hat with her name on it.
Jul 19, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
Who cares if it feels forced, this is what Love Live! is all about! <3

I loved it how they used the harmony of people from the location such as the one shown in the anime showing up for the concert!
shanimebibJul 19, 2016 9:17 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 19, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2015
Mari joins the party and there's a sudden turn of events with her allowing idols with the power of money. Once again, I enjoy the character interactions, especially during the part when they were coming up with a group name. and Ruby is a beautiful and precious human being.

Honestly, I felt pretty tense before they went out for their first show. I knew they weren't going to have a lot of people but god dang, didn't think there were gonna be that few to start with, and I was surprised by the turn of events with the power outage and all those people coming in late. It was dang good and I enjoyed every second of it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 20, 2016 4:12 AM

Sep 2008
The original anime's episode 3 was a lot better. But this was still alright.

Also the song wasn't as good as Start Dash.

Mari is like an annoying version of Nozomi. Not liking her at all.
Jul 20, 2016 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
Well glad they started better than in the original Love Live.
Please spare me from heartbreaking I felt during the 3rd episode of original Love Live. THANK YOU. NEVER AGAIN.

The song is not as catchy as Start Dash tho, 1st song is really important for musical themed series that will give more impact later. Oh well..
You being You. She's popular already, and she's not even performed yet at that time! xD
I want You's You hat too
Jul 20, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2008
I didn't expect that I teared-up again on this episode! Very Nice!
5/5!

Jul 20, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2009
Mari already best girl.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

165 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.