Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pride, the root of all sins...damn. No wonder he is so OP.
Jul 11, 2016 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
Aw shit, here we go. I didn't expect this so soon, this is gonna be awesome.
Jul 11, 2016 3:22 AM

Jan 2012
As much as I'd love Escanor to win this he won't. I'm gonna guess when he finds out Merlin's a statue he'll start to hate and become unable to fight. Of course that's assuming she still is and he's unaware, and IF she is because nobody broke that damn statue of Galan that'd be idiotic. Hope we see an entertaining fight first either way.
Jul 11, 2016 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm is Meliodas talking to the Demon King? Great to see Ban again.

Holy Crap Escanor vs Estarossa. No hatred just pity.

Clash of Titans.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 11, 2016 3:31 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 11, 2016 3:34 AM

Aug 2010
Yooooo that was absolutely HYPE as all hell!!!!
Escanor walking up to Estarossa like that lookng down on him. I fangasmed so damn much. That was amazing

Mel's part was really interesting too. So piety and charity (Esta) put the curse on him and Purgatory called him his son? Like literally?! O_O
Jul 11, 2016 3:40 AM

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
As much as I'd love Escanor to win this he won't. I'm gonna guess when he finds out Merlin's a statue he'll start to hate and become unable to fight. Of course that's assuming she still is and he's unaware, and IF she is because nobody broke that damn statue of Galan that'd be idiotic. Hope we see an entertaining fight first either way.

I mean, she's still got her consciousness in her sacred treasure, I'm sure Escanor knows that by now. I don't know if beating Galan fixed anything, she said her body could only be returned to normal with Goddess powers.
Jul 11, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
Shradow115 said:
animefan8800 said:

I mean, she's still got her consciousness in her sacred treasure, I'm sure Escanor knows that by now. I don't know if beating Galan fixed anything, she said her body could only be returned to normal with Goddess powers.

Did she say that? Geez that's idiotic. Must have forgotten. At this point her condition this arc is almost as aggravating as Diane's, and both should have been fixed by now. Of course, Diane's should never have happened at all mind you, but I digress.

Well if that plays no part Escanor will lose either by time limit or just being overpowered.
Jul 11, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
that ending was freakin awesome
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 11, 2016 4:03 AM
Jun 2016
so meliodas is the demon king's son,
now i get why galan called him the accursed demon, i'd love to know more about that curse, for sure it doesnt make him just immortal.
Jul 11, 2016 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Charity...I guess that's why Ban couldn't inflict any damage on Estarossa some chapters ago? Hype for Escanor!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 11, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2015
The ending was great but the fanart after the chapter remembered me how much importance does shading have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 4:46 AM
Apr 2011
zal said:
The ending was great but the fanart after the chapter remembered me how much importance does shading have.

Yep, that's terrible coloring. The mood is lost without the lighting the hatching suggested. They even went as far as removing the bulging veins in Escanor's forehead and altering the emotion in his eyes.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 11, 2016 4:47 AM

May 2012
This.chapter.is.fucking.awesome.
Jul 11, 2016 4:52 AM

Oct 2015
Better nerf Escanor, OMG he's way too op lol, clash of titans ? the hype is real :O i think Meliodas is gonna stop them orsomething like that, i dont even see Escanor Losing
Jul 11, 2016 5:12 AM

Aug 2009
Im scared of what will happen to escanor.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Jul 11, 2016 7:13 AM
Apr 2014
So that thing Meliodas is talking to is the demon king, his father (unconfirmed)
If you feel hatred, you have no mana, why the fuck are you telling them that?
Escanor is about to devour his first defeat I think, hopefully he puts on a spectable before going down.
Hype for next chapter.
Jul 11, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2015
Biggest hype of a fight ever. And where will Zaratras fit in all of this?
Jul 11, 2016 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
PriestSlayer said:
Charity...I guess that's why Ban couldn't inflict any damage on Estarossa some chapters ago? Hype for Escanor!
Nah he was just too much for ban
Ban was able to use his Magic you saw how much he buffed up while on Estarossa and then blowing up
Jul 11, 2016 7:47 AM
Sep 2015
zal said:
I was pretty pissed the Fan art came up before the chapter and I thought it was just a future thing and Escanor came up and I was like wow I was spoiled right before this
Jul 11, 2016 8:59 AM
Aug 2014
the effect of this chapter cheers me up from my recent depression caused by hiatus x hiatus.
Jul 11, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
So Ban is just back without an explanation? I feel like Suzuki couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation so in order to avoid having to come up with something, he just had Estarossa shrug it off. The next chapter is gonna be epic, I can already tell.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 11, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
So Ban is just back without an explanation? I feel like Suzuki couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation so in order to avoid having to come up with something, he just had Estarossa shrug it off. The next chapter is gonna be epic, I can already tell.

What do you mean? Ban is immortal, of course he would come back
Jul 11, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
Fredluv2339 said:
PriestSlayer said:
Ban was able to use his Magic you saw how much he buffed up while on Estarossa and then blowing up
Oh yeah, I knew there was something bugging me about that...But didn't Ban already have some hatred inside of him at that time? It doesn't necessarily have to be towards Estarossa, it seems.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 11, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
renanmil said:
thebrentinator24 said:

What do you mean? Ban is immortal, of course he would come back

True, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. It's not that big of a deal though, I was just nit-picking.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
Lol Escanor. Everytime I see him I feel like laughing and I have no idea why. That man is awesome
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 11, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2012
Well, shit. I'd like to see how many asses Escanor will kick himself

Jul 11, 2016 12:21 PM
Sep 2015
PriestSlayer said:
Fredluv2339 said:
Oh yeah, I knew there was something bugging me about that...But didn't Ban already have some hatred inside of him at that time? It doesn't necessarily have to be towards Estarossa, it seems.
I think he used it against Meliodas when he used Revenge Counter though that would explain why he nullified the attack
Jul 11, 2016 12:22 PM
Nov 2015
Escanor: Of Course It Has No Effect, I've no Reason to feel hatred towards those beneath me, all I feel towards them is Pity.

Estarossa: Such Insolent pride

Escanor: .... That is my sin.

Escanor vs Estarossa Hype.
Jul 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
That was fast , I thought he would take 4-5 chapters to get the action on but it took him 1 chapter after all .. I'm hyped for Escanor fight , I mean he always have the best moments for him :3

and yeah It feels strange but Ban is weaker than he should be :|
Jul 11, 2016 2:20 PM
Jan 2016
Uuuhhhmmm...who is meliodas talking too? Demon king? I through he is in the purgatory? Nah , there will be explanation later on anyway next chapter please!!! Escanor vs esterossa
Jul 11, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
Muqta-chan said:
and yeah It feels strange but Ban is weaker than he should be :|

I think he is affected by charity commandment caused by hatred and/or anger.

Next chapter hype tho, CLASH OF CLAN..., eh, CLASH OF TITAN \o/
Jul 11, 2016 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
daaaaaaaamn hypeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jul 11, 2016 8:31 PM

Mar 2016
Hah knew it, Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz who is the reincarnation of the woman from 3k years ago which is probably a goddess :p
Jul 11, 2016 8:57 PM
Jul 2014
Escanor vs Estarossa hype! I only hope that it isn't a one sided battle for either opponent.

Also for like the two people who for some reason refused to believe Meliodas is dead, hopefully these last couple of chapters finally convinced you, because yes he is dead. Obviously he'll come back eventually but for now he's dead.
Jul 12, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
Escanor really is just a great character to watch in action, he's just so overpowered and badass that I never want to see him lose.
Though there still always the potential of that happening this fight, that or it might get postponed for whatever reason.
Jul 12, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Meliodas dad....That is Demon Kinh..The BIG BAD MAOU!?

Gil and Co...versus...4 of the 10C....and Estarossa is one of them....slaughter.
Oh...yeah.....Day Time Escanor is here...!!!! Demons are up for the Big Fight!

Estarossa versus Escanor......O__O Next Chapter Title is very good Choise...Clash of the Titans indeed.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 12, 2016 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
From how I understand it, Meliodas had 2 commandments inflicted on him on top of the curse from the Demon King... That's a lotta curses
I'm guessing Zeldris would be Piety?

I think we could have guessed this, but the chapter kind of confirms that it was a previous incarnation of Elizabeth who caused the change in Meliodas from cold ass killer to what he is now:

"But thanks to that wretched woman, these past 3,000 years have gone by with (you) slowly eroding into this useless, hollow shell of what you once were"

As for Escanor vs Estarossa, all that can be said is "hype hype hype"
Jul 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
Escanor vs Estarossa is just going to be so freaking hyped!
Jul 12, 2016 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
Hype Hype Hype, I can't wait to see Escanor fight again
Jul 12, 2016 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
That ending was pure hype!
Jul 13, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
such hype!!!... i think the fight will be inconclusive..... like esta powers up then time approaches noon then they get interrupted or something.... or nakaba does something shit about escanor's love for merlin.
Jul 13, 2016 9:30 PM

Aug 2014
Fight of the fucking century...LET'S GO!!!
Jul 13, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2007
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2016 3:32 AM
Oct 2013
ElusiveLight said:
Hah knew it, Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz who is the reincarnation of the woman from 3k years ago which is probably a goddess :p

The series owes it´s audience alot of answers regarding it´s afterlife.
Else it´s in risk of leaving a shitton of plotholes like Bleach.

Convenience isn´t a problem in either, all shounen cross that line where it doesn´t matter anymore. But clarity is required given it´s importance to the series plot. How does rebirth work? What is the detriment of one´s soul being devoured by a demon?Is it different for each clan? If not we have to assume that it´s the same for every clan.
If all the Main characters are in some way close too or mmortal, why should we care about their well being. Given their backrounds NNT has the biggest Happy end of any Shounen in storage, because it´s characters won´t even die off screen too old age.
IsterioJul 14, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 23, 2016 6:18 AM

Jun 2008
Me after the last pages: Fap fap fap fap fap. This is even better than fanservice damn it!.
Oct 1, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
Whoa loads of clues about Meliodas' background here while he's in purgatory..

1. Meliodas is stricken with "piety" and "charity" and is only freed of them now after 'dying' , so is that why he's been nice (as in in a piteous and charitable way) all this time??? And are those the 2 commandments he killed previously? (or are these 2 unrelated matters?) And I wonder what commandment Meliodas held when he was in the 10 commandments..

2. The figure Meliodas is talking to is probably the Demon King and he called Meliodas "my son" so Meliodas is a son of the demon King? :O Can't say this thought didn't occur to me before though

3.The demon King said he lets Meliodas "return to the form" he's in now, so does that mean Meliodas used to have a different form (temporarily)? Did he go berserk or something and transformed out of his human-like form? :O

And dayum Escarno looks so powerful XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.