Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 10, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
lolxdlolxdloxd said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Honestly not that much really happened in this episode, and the story is far from being original, but it was enjoyable enough so ill keep watching.

this shows really not about the story, its about the interactions between the characters, I speak japanese and their racist jokes on each other's provinces (tokyo chiba and kanagawa) was FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! and everyone on the japanese blogs says so too. The reason why this show was not well recieved to english speaking audiences is

1.you dont get the jokes unless you live in japan and know about the society there

2. the subs are FREAKING HORRIBLE the guy who wrote subs does not know how to translate offensive jokes

Very sad how poorly recieved this anime is to english speaking audiences, as everyone likes it here in japan............

Like I said I enjoyed the episode and I usually will get the jokes but if the subs really are that bad then maybe that's why I didn't laugh as much, but I'm still enjoying it so far.
Jul 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
For the people interested there is interview with the authors talking about the "Project Qualidea" and the light novel called "Qualidea of Scum and a Gold Coin", that is used as a "Episode 0".

Links here:

https://qualideascumthetranslation.wordpress.com/about/

https://frogkun.com/2015/12/28/project-qualidea-special-roundtable-discussion-with-sagara-sou-tachibana-koushi-and-watari-wataru/
XyinzJul 10, 2016 10:33 AM
Just a otaku... yup, that's it...
Jul 10, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2015
KuroganeLadislau said:
kadiro said:
The main character is so arrogant. I hate those type.

The girls look cute though. Especially the red headed girl.

Do you prefer a MC that don't do anything? and cry every ep?

You should broaden your thinking and see many more anime, there are better main characters out there beside dick main characters and pussy main characters.
kadiroJul 10, 2016 10:45 AM
Jul 10, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2015
>A1 QUALITY at it's peak
>4th rank is an ass and act like he is the top when there are 3 people before him
>music is shit
>fight choreography is none existent

I will be watching this because the 3 sets of MC concept
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 10, 2016 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
MC is an arrogant ass. But I can't really blame him, considering what he has to put up with. Redhead rushes in without thinking, Sniper Guy is too cocky for his rank and the little girl totally fucked up.

Nevertheless, enjoyable first episode.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 10, 2016 2:30 PM

Oct 2015
I liked everything here EXCEPT the MC. Even the most arrogant MC's only need to say "they're all that's required" a maximum of once per episode. The guy was ridiculous. Everything else was on point and probably the sweetest soundtrack of the season thus far in my personal opinion.
Jul 10, 2016 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
Well... That was definitely an interesting start, but nothing new. Really like some of the music in this, and the characters, though a little annoying, are a bit interesting and I enjoyed their interactions.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 10, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the first episode and loved the soundtrack.
About the Ichi-chan... he isn't the only MC, and I believe that the anime will be showing the POV of the others MC's.
I'm pretty hyped about the characters created by Wataru, let's see if they are worth the delay of Oregairu vol 12...
XyinzJul 10, 2016 3:15 PM
Just a otaku... yup, that's it...
Jul 10, 2016 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
I hope this shit bombs in BD sales, it deserves nothing.

idk if this wants to be edgy or comedic, just typical vaguely post-apocalyptic teens protecting the Dai-Nippon
Jul 10, 2016 4:31 PM

Sep 2013
This episode kind of just annoyed me. The characters were all whiny brats and pretty generic. There was no real tension to the battle at all. They were just beating the Hell out of the invaders things with no effort whatsoever. I was really rooting for the "bad" guys since the teenagers were all such infighting, incompetent dicks. I'll give it one more episode then DROP!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 10, 2016 4:36 PM

Sep 2013
kadiro said:
KuroganeLadislau said:

Do you prefer a MC that don't do anything? and cry every ep?

You should broaden your thinking and see many more anime, there are better main characters out there beside dick main characters and pussy main characters.

I agree with Kadiro. MCs dont's have to sit at one end of the spectrum or the other. It's possible for a MC to not be an arrogant prick while still not being a whiny baby. They really overdid his arrogance. I got sick of hearing him say "I'm all we need" or whatever. Ugh...annoying.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 10, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2014
Meh...more than half of the episode is on useless shit and only good thing is near the end of the episode.
The combat system isn't bad...let's see how this goes.
Jul 10, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Claris 😍 Getting a sky wizard academy vibe
Jul 10, 2016 7:26 PM

Apr 2009
Talon184 said:
kadiro said:

I agree with Kadiro. MCs dont's have to sit at one end of the spectrum or the other. It's possible for a MC to not be an arrogant prick while still not being a whiny baby. They really overdid his arrogance. I got sick of hearing him say "I'm all we need" or whatever. Ugh...annoying.
TBH bro i found Qualidea more like the 5th wave movie bcoz the unknown enemies were like the Aliens wiping down the earth in the film
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
chuunibyou series should be vanished in this world, including ones who love chuunibyou
Jul 10, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
This is surprisingly good.
The MC may be a prick but make no mistake if someones life is on the line he'll come running(in he's case levitating). I kinda like him to be honest.

I love how Ichiya X Canaria are practically married. With how their interactions went.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jul 10, 2016 8:19 PM
Jan 2016
Interested in the world,but nothing else for now.
All the characters could be described with one sentence and is making sure of ''Telling, not showing''
Well anyways, this is after all an A-1 BUT it's an original story, which to be fair is their strongest straw.

Lets see how it goes.
Jul 10, 2016 10:52 PM
Jan 2016
I liked the first episode. Not bad. I'm interested in the next episode. Will someone tell the song that Canaria sings? I been trying to find it for the past 30 minutes or so.
Jul 11, 2016 1:05 AM

Oct 2015
Seems like a good start. Worth keeping track of this one I guess.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 11, 2016 1:12 AM

Mar 2008
That was a pretty solid start. It wasn't the best show that has come out so far, but it was good.

Personally I like that the MC in this one has that kind of attitude. Not the normal guy you'd expect to see as the MC. I'd expect someone like Tenkawa to be the major character with her OP power and extremely big heart. But, I don't mind Suzaku. Especially since despite all the attitude he takes remarkable care of his childhood friend. Just so casual about it.

It has some nice twists on normal setups. You have the battle school, but also this point system that creates open conflict between allies. And you also have the fact that all these kids were basically put in cold sleep and were cut out of the world for a period of time. That they are here now is thanks to the adults who sacrificed and gave up their lives. It lets the kids be the stars, but none of them should forget why they are alive at all to be able to fight.
Jul 11, 2016 1:19 AM

Jan 2016
Im part of the minority i guess. I liked this episode but its true the mc gets on my nerves. Hopefully he gets his char progession soon coz he will be a pain to watch but other than that its really good. what was the song that canaria sang?
Jul 11, 2016 3:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm well the first episode was definitely a strong one that has a good story, setting and the characters look pretty interesting. The voice acting is also pretty good as well. Been a long time since i seen Aoi Yuki in a lead role.

But man the MC has a huge attitude problem that i hope will get sorted out because he is just not likable at all in this state.

It was a surprise to see such a strong insert song in this episode though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2014
Nice first episode.
I like ichiya personality,being not do ecchi stuff on a girl like other school fantasy MC.
The animation overall good.
I doesn't read the novel but..
Jul 11, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2015
Can't complain about this one since its better than the yaoi and shoujo's currently airing.So CLARIS is doing the ED I'm to assume its Clara and Karen who's singing? I hardly heard any difference though from when it was alice and clara.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2015
On reflection I'm dropping this, far better shows to watch this season. I have no time from bad anime.
Jul 11, 2016 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
After reading the comments, it saved me the time from watching the show. I kinda knew I had bad feeling with the show.

Jul 11, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
Quite usual fare I think...not terrible but boring, the concept is really uninteresting

Thus you get the drop
Jul 11, 2016 10:24 AM
Apr 2016
Awesome first episode, except for the prick of a main character, the cast so far was cool. Even if this ends up sucking I'll still watch it for the music.
Jul 11, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2015
The atmosphere and execution was phenomenal but the plot and characterization is pretty generic. OST was great. I like the character design. the art isn't as good as some other series but it is regardless good enough when it matters.

I'll wait for more before officially watching. I feel like it can get a lot better with how the studio did things, but I also feel like the plot is your generic fighting aliens thing.
Jul 11, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2012
For now

Chigusa siblings > hotaru > hime > cana > all the entire extra cast > Ichiya
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 11, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2016
I disliked the first episode but I there is still hope for the next ones.

The problem with this Episode is that they wasted much time in the beginning with the bath thing and thus they had to introduce the character with 300000 pieces of text that a lot of people skipped. It was too much text for a first episode (the one that should introduce the characters)
Jul 11, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2014
valvravetruth said:
Hmm interesting series i musy say. The op was sang by Claris, its been awile seen i have listen to their songs. The OSTs are not bad also.

There is like 3 factions? magicians-sky, swordsman-sea and gunners-land. Their cooperation are so bad lol.

Actually, ClariS is singing the ED, the OP is sung by LiSA (which is much better IMO <3), and we also have a 2nd ED coming up soon by GARNiDELiA which is great :)
Jul 11, 2016 7:07 PM

Sep 2015
Kawaiii-sama said:
Actually, ClariS is singing the ED, the OP is sung by LiSA (which is much better IMO <3), and we also have a 2nd ED coming up soon by GARNiDELiA which is great :)

Oh my mistake there, thx for correcting. Cool to know the OP by Lisa and another ED coming up done by GARNiDELiA.
Jul 11, 2016 7:42 PM
Apr 2016
I personally thought that the plot was too common and the main characters were too boring: one is selfish (Ichiya)while the other one is a genki girl that pisses me off (Canaria). As for the other that command the squads, i found them a little more despicable with others than they should, even thought Ichiya deserved it. Hime was the best character: thoughtful and badass. As for the fights, i don't think they're anything special, since it was just a massacre that seemed a "firework show" in design. The badass-ness of the main characters in the fight made everything boring, even because the enemies (Unknowns) haven't shown resistance and the abilities shown wasn't that impressing to just destroy all of the brigade of creatures that had once destroyed the world. As for the OST, it was good.The end of the episode didn't let me with curiosity for the next one, but I'll give it another chance, since the development may be better than what was shown in this first episode and A1 pictures usually makes great animes.
Kanade_TenshiJul 11, 2016 7:45 PM
Jul 11, 2016 11:44 PM

Sep 2014
Imbou Pum Pum Suru!
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Jul 12, 2016 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
This was a weird one. I've definitely seen worse anime, and even more boring first episodes this season, but this one just didn't impress, or fail, me in any way.

In fact, to quote Robin from Young Justice, I'm just kind of whelmed. Oh, except for the music. Taku Iwasaki is looking like he'll be doing another great set of BGM for this one. Not sure if it'll reach the same heights as Noragami and Soul Eater's soundtracks, but definitely sounding really good.

I will say, however, that I'm interested in this world that they've built up, and both Canaria and Hime are adorable enough to justify watching for more of, so I'll be sticking around, but I can't say that I'm not disappointed with this first episode.

Not bad, but not really good either. Just kind of there.
Jul 12, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 2015
The only Character I like yet is the guy the MC hates.
Animation/Sound was OK but nothing special.
Pretty boring first episode tbh, will watch it a few more episodes though.

3/5
Jul 12, 2016 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
the intro was kinda cool with the war and all but then it got generic at least the action and ost are good
Jul 12, 2016 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
It was a nice start!
great ED song from ClariS! (I'm excited to hear the OP of LiSA)
from the same author of OregaIru...
and again why the low score? did A-1 adaptation butchered the original source? novel?
5/5.

Jul 12, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
This reminded me of Freezing

I did not like Freezing

Not a fan of this first episode. So we'll see how much longer I last
Jul 12, 2016 8:40 PM

Mar 2015
Well, this was bad. The character design is neat and the soundtrack is pretty awesome, but that's it. I think this is the same case as "Sky Wizards Academy", where the only really good thing about the series is the soundtrack.
Everything is so generic that there is nothing appealing from the characters nor the plot. It's a no for me.
No anime is perfect, except for my favorites

Jul 12, 2016 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
That was surprisingly amusing. This season is just full of gems. I actually laughed when the serious looking Hotaru blamed Icchan at the end xD But no take responsibility for you're actions bak--i mean Maihime-san.

I hope the MC grows to become less arrogant but at the same time I think it's still important for people to realize that if he actually is strong and effective they need to show the proper respect. Things are all happy-go-lucky right now because it looks like they win a lot of the time against those Unknowns but sooner or later people are gonna die (well hopefully it doesn't remain all happyish if this is supposed to be a war anime)
Jul 12, 2016 9:51 PM

Jul 2016
I found it quite interesting. The bird dispersing at the end when they were talking about not knowing what World is has me intrigued.
Jul 13, 2016 1:46 AM

Apr 2009
hmm Qualidea would remind me now of Battle:Los Angeles movie from 2011 bcoz they had the same stroyline but the diff is

In Qualidea Code-6 peeps from diff.sub-heads fighting Unkown enemies

In Battle:Los Angeles-A group of U.S Marines also fights the same enemy but this one looks diff.
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 13, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2015
Character designs are really nice and I like the animation but.. What a cocky protagonist. I don't know if I can watch this anime all the way through if he keeps going "I'm all we need." I'm just waiting for the episode where he screws up and realizes he's been way too cocky all that time.
Jul 13, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
That was lit af, always refreshing to see an MC that isnt a complete pussy.
Jul 14, 2016 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
The MC has such a superiority complex issue, it's gross. Hopefully the story will explain why, otherwise he has such a terrible personality.

I liked Asuha the best.
Jul 14, 2016 8:48 PM
Feb 2013
Icchan's personality annoys me, so no points there. And the show itself isn't particularly original in any fashion. However, I was entertained by it, and that's what I came here for. If it can keep entertaining me I'll probably keep watching it.
Jul 14, 2016 8:56 PM
Jul 2013
Chigusa siblings still best. Singing-superpower just so bad, like why the f your weapon is a mic.
Oh yeah about the animation, it's bad.
Jul 14, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
that chiba guy is awesome, but this show will soon turn into trash if the mc repeat that word over and over until anime ends. joke is'n that bad. let's see how story goes, but i doubt it will giving surprise though.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.