Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2016 9:48 AM
Oct 2010
TooEzGamming said:
Judging from the next epsiode preview, they will make an original stuff.
replaced it by a mansion? Really?
Even this episode was better than the previous, followed almost things in manga.
Well, I lost my hope too fast.

Yeah I figured they are simply replacing

Some heavy and understandable censorship happening.
Jul 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2013
Guts destroyed those guys.
Farnese shouldn't be so hard on herself,lol.
Jul 8, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
Better than the first episode, at least the flashbacks don't have CGI and they are absolutely gorgeous!

AND NO NIPPLES... REALLY? 1/10 DROPPED THE ANIME.

Jul 2014
So, from reading this thread, people actually WANT to see a giant horse penis? Why would you ever want to see that? Who cares if it's in the manga? Something like that really isn't necessary, and the desire by some to see it (though undoubtedly because of the manga) seems bizarre to say the least.

I mean, of all the complaints people could have about this (CGI aside), THAT'S what's bothering them? Really?

Mar 2015
A much better episode than the first for sure. I still don't like the camera movements during action scenes and "intense" scenes. It's annoying. Boob censorship... I don't understand why. I mean, I understand why but it's still dumb. Manga is brutal and shows nipples, the anime should do that as well but whatever. The animation was as good as it could have been, I think. And when I say that I mean it was barely acceptable and not hard to watch. It's looking better now. 5/10
Jul 8, 2016 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
Better than the last episode, at least. 2/5 for me.
Jul 8, 2016 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
The Berserk Threads read like the Aku no Hana Threads back then. Enough people with sticks up their asses to make you think Vlad Tepes came back to life. "Mimimi, the visuals aren't standard" "Mimimi, They don't follow the story 100%". Childish dribble by people who will never understand that a show doesn't have to meet their inflated expectations to be good or enjoyable. So far this is the best show of the season and you guys can't see it. So sad.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jul 8, 2016 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
Nucksen said:
RealCW said:
Your over-compensating to try and sway opinions is getting real annoying, real fast. I'm actually beginning to dislike this series the more I read your posts, even though I too was defending it somewhat initially.

Yeah, doesn't he know that he has to hate this show with every fiber of this being? /s

The Berserk Threads read like the Aku no Hana Threads back then. Enough people with sticks up their asses to make you think Vlad Tepes came back to life. "Mimimi, the visuals aren't standard" "Mimimi, They don't follow the story 100%". Childish dribble by people who will never understand that a show doesn't have to meet their inflated expectations to be good or enjoyable. So far this is the best show of the season and you guys can't see it. So sad.

I don't care if he likes it or not; it's the fact his posts go out of the way to try and sway people, OMG, LOOK HOW COOL IT REALLY IS PEOPLE YOU GUYS WERE SO STUPID SEE, HAHA, over and over, just to keep adding to it, with even frivolous posts that add nothing new.

We get it. There's no need for those kind of replies. I don't hate this anime either and have defended it pretty frequently, but I don't go out of my way to try and sway other opinions to this kind of extent.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.

May 2015
It was better than the ep1.

I liked the flashback with Giffith, and white Casca looks so weird...

Feb 2012
RealCW said:

Thanks for replying like that. Quoted because I just reported your post, and I don't want you to edit it to evade punishment.

Welcome to the forums, i guess you won't stay for long
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.

Mar 2015
danieltortoisee said:
So, from reading this thread, people actually WANT to see a giant horse penis? Why would you ever want to see that? Who cares if it's in the manga? Something like that really isn't necessary, and the desire by some to see it (though undoubtedly because of the manga) seems bizarre to say the least.

I mean, of all the complaints people could have about this (CGI aside), THAT'S what's bothering them? Really?

It's not about wanting to see a horse penis. It's about having a dark atmosphere that makes you feel like you're in hell because hell is exactly what follows Guts constantly. Showing stuff like that certaintly helps and is actually fitting.
Jul 8, 2016 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
BliuBliu said:
danieltortoisee said:

It's not about wanting to see a horse penis. It's about having a dark atmosphere that makes you feel like you're in hell because hell is exactly what follows Guts constantly. Showing stuff like that certaintly helps and is actually fitting.

Not to mention the almost-rape sets both Guts and Farnese off in ways that affects them the rest of the arc.
Maybe they wanted to just merely avoid horse penis, but if there's not some sort of rape or mindless sex indulgence included in whatever this mansion's going to be, the scene will be botched and have its original purpose stripped entirely.
CrimsonCWJul 8, 2016 10:05 AM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Jul 8, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2010
Dont like the 5 fps action scenes its disgusting and
No boobies? Cmon :(
Rape horse incoming?
Natsu's Rage !!

Jul 8, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2015
The music playing during the previews is awesome. 'HAI YO' by Susumu Harisawa. It's just as epic as 'FORCES'. Should have been the OP song.

Oh and I'm used to Puck's seiyuu now. Just love the little guy :'D
Jul 8, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2009
Good to see they have improved a little and I really hope they keep doing it.
Jul 8, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2015
RealCW said:
Not to mention the almost-rape sets both Guts and Farnese off in ways that affects them the rest of the arc.
Maybe they wanted to just merely avoid horse penis, but if there's not some sort of rape included in whatever this mansion's going to be, the scene will be botched and have its original purpose removed entirely.

I agree. This anime should take some risks and be bold just like the manga. It already failed at being even remotely as beautiful as the manga (flashback scene was beautiful though to be fair), so I hope it will do other things right to redeem itself.
Jul 8, 2016 10:07 AM
Apr 2016
Nucksen said:

How are those even remotely inflated expectations?
Jul 8, 2016 10:08 AM
Jun 2016
What chapter of manga is this?

Well episode was okay, not like most people i don't mind cg like at all, other then that can't really tell as haven't reached this part of manga.

Well i liked it though.
Jul 8, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
I haven't read the manga so is this episode still part of the black swordsman arc?
Jul 8, 2016 10:11 AM
Apr 2016
Skaabais said:
What chapter of manga is this?

It's covered chapter 120 to 122.

Heinen said:
I haven't read the manga so is this episode still part of the black swordsman arc?

No, it's part of the Conviction Arc.
Jul 8, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Heinen said:

Have you seen the original anime either?

Unfortunately, what is officially the Black Swordsman arc is cut. The first chapter was adapted somewhat in the first episode of the 97 anime, and pieces of chapters 1 and 2 were included in this series' first episode, but everything else was cut; including Guts' battles with several Apostles, one in which he steals their Behelit (the little gray thing with the weird facial structure) and the like.

This episode takes place in the manga directly after a huge fight with another Apostle that left Guts drained enough to be captured (and led the knights to believe he was merely a child killer, even though the children were Apostle spawns) thus leading up into the Conviction arc, which, apparently, that's what this anime wants to adapt in full.

Jul 8, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2009
To my surprise they actually showed some improvement. "Camera movements" are still very clunky even in 2D scenes. Atleast it's not godawful. Still Berserk deserves better.
Jul 8, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
RealCW said:
Heinen said:

Yes I've seen the original anime. I was a bit confused because they didn't show the fight between guts and the count that happened in episode 1 of the '97 series.

And I was wondering where that behelit had come from, at first I thought it might have been griffiths and the studio mistakenly colored it grey, but I think it's a different behelit.
Jul 8, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
Heinen said:
RealCW said:

Yes I've seen the original anime. I was a bit confused because they didn't show the fight between guts and the count that happened in episode 1 of the '97 series.

And I was wondering where that behelit had come from, at first I thought it might have been griffiths and the studio mistakenly colored it grey, but I think it's a different behelit.

That was the Snake Baron, not the Count. The Count's arc will probably never be animated (though he did have a cameo in the 97 anime at the end, both in front of Rickert and he was the one who devoured Pippin during the Eclipse).

You're actually better off having come from that than the films. Even though it's a different color, you could just pretend it's the Snake Baron's Behelit that was shown in 97's first episode. That's at least a little continuity.

Jul 8, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
vikingx36 said:
I really don't understand some things that people talk about here. I understand the annoyance of 3D CGI to some people but rating a 1/5 just because of that? Really? The thing that annoys me the most is that nobody actually explains why they rated 1/5.

I think I know why, they don't really know themselves do they. It is hard to see your favorite manga get a CGI adaptation but I doubt its as bad School Days or some other crappy anime. Let me tell you my favorite moment of the episode. It's the part in the fight against the knights where Guts manages to get a good grip on his sword and slices through 4 knights at once. The music sets in just at the perfect moment and it feels and looks very epic despite of the animation method. If you didn't see it then I guess you didn't see the same as I. I know that this part is not just an epic moment. It's showcasing the potential of the anime as a whole.

The episodes to come are only going to be better. This whole Anime will be one of the best of the summer. Yes they skipped many volumes of manga, yes they used 3D CGI and yes they whitewashed Casca (spoiler) but in the end I think that this anime deserves a fair chance before it aired completely.

Rating it 0 before it ended is what lazy people do when they can't be bothered to see things to the end. Don't worry maybe next time nobody will even consider making an anime adaptation of your favorite manga. Who cares if the director has to plan everything precisely to spare the large amounts of money that go's in to anime and who cares if the director doesn't have a whole year to make an episode where the protagonists are on a fucking boat!(manga spoiler)

This all comes down to fairness in my opinion. Manga has been around for many years. This anime has only aired for a week. Just give it a chance okay guys...
It's not just the CGI animation, the sound is also off when guts sliced through those soldiers it just sounded off and it felt like they forgot to put sound effects also the confusing intense close ups whenever guts starts doing sudden movements feels like they want to save as much animation budget, there's also way to much big orchestra choir music used it's like they want to make every scene be epic or emotional that can't be done without good animation and sound effects, and when you say to give it a chance there's 30 anime coming out this season that i can easily watch that are better then this poor men adaptation of berserk even though i love the manga, if you think that it's good watch it, but for me i'm gonna skip it and move on to other better shows and sorry for the bad english :).
Jul 8, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
@RealCW - Thanks

Did anyone else notice how choppy the CG scenes looked? And am I right in thinking that this choppiness is due to low fps?
Jul 8, 2016 10:30 AM
Sep 2012
This episode was alot better than the first one, albeit the cgi still sucks and the character animation and movements still feel stiff and clunky to me. I mean it's not like i expected the animation to be pixar quality but they still could have made it look decent.
Jul 8, 2016 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
Much better than the first episode, faitfull to the manga, only thing I didn't like was the non-nipples, which was expected tho.
Jul 8, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
I think it's become obvious that the Berserk anime isn't taking the psychological aspects of the series into account. Hell, the Casca rape has been dumbed down from a depressing and traumatic event to otaku fetish bait. They even added a tentacle rape scene in the last episode for shit's and giggles.

It feels like a soulless adaptation to the original, but I'll remain hopeful that they do something right. At the very least this will get people to read the manga. Hopefully. Probably not.
Jul 8, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
BliuBliu said:
danieltortoisee said:

This. Berserk is a very dark sick story (though it has mellowed since millenium falcon arc).
Initially from the eclipse until tower of conviction, you really get this HOPELESS feel about the world of Berserk, that there are demonic beings who DO ANYTHING to humans without the humans being able to do anything about it. And the demons are perverse in the worse way possible.

So yes I would have liked to see this authentically made into a show, which would be adult only.

Btw rape horse is NOTHING. The knight apostle in golden age arc is much more sick, the snake baron is pretty sick, the count is horrible, and of course Mozgus and his entire torture tower is horrendous aswell.

BUT, on the other hand, I like this version too.
I like the voice acting, I like the art, and I am just so happy they are animating this story for the first time in what, a decade?

Like I said many times...I give it until episode 5 to make up my mind.
But episode 2 has fulfilled my expectations.

Lancehot said:
Casca's skin tone can easily be explained by the eclipse having been so traumatic that it shocked the melanin right out of her skin. That or it's the result of two years worth of Griffith's semen.

At least you make a joke about it you cheeky basterd.
Lmao that was good.

RealCW said:

That was the Snake Baron, not the Count. The Count's arc will probably never be animated (though he did have a cameo in the 97 anime at the end, both in front of Rickert and he was the one who devoured Pippin during the Eclipse).
You're actually better off having come from that than the films. Even though it's a different color, you could just pretend it's the Snake Baron's Behelit that was shown in 97's first episode. That's at least a little continuity.

That behelit is the count's behelit and it feels pretty certain they will explain how Guts got it, since they show it so much.
Snake Baron behelit is just a 97 anime original invention which I dont think will be included in this.

By the way isnt the guy in the preview the count as others said?
lancer35Jul 8, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 8, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2015
Y'know, it was ok, i guess, BUT BERSERK DESERVES MORE THAN "OK, I GUESS"
Jul 8, 2016 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
It's still only two episodes, so they might just up the ante. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but god dammit I want to believe they can do better.
Jul 8, 2016 11:33 AM
Aug 2015
Drake1000 said:
Now they have the balls to put filler in episode 3.
Comedy anime of the year undoutedly.

But Miura is the one who wrote the filler.
So I'm not going to worry about the filler
Jul 8, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
BliuBliu said:
danieltortoisee said:

Agreed. I am not keen on seeing stuff like that either, but that whole scene in the manga was important. If I remember correctly, this whole scene made her feel shame and fear. She felt mortified whenever she thought she would confront him again. So I think this hellish scene was significant for her character.
Jul 8, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
Well this series is a mess but at least the music is ok....
Jul 8, 2016 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
Berserk is as much a story about succumbing to fear and trauma as it is about overcoming it. Guts is a character wracked with it and, for the most part, he hasn't really gotten over it. Hell, the guy was terrified of sex for the majority of his life. The first time Casca tried being intimate with him he had literal PTSD flashbacks of his rape as a child. He's tried overcoming it, but he still can't approach sex the way a normal person does.

So when people keep talking about 'rape horse' it isn't so much about seeing the horse with his dong out as much as it is about Farnese's reaction to it, since that proved to be the major turning point for her character and the event still haunts her.

Almost every moment in berserk, no matter how weird or disgusting, molds the characters. Leaving these moments out just makes their progression seem.. lackluster.
Jul 8, 2016 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
Why they skipped this part -_-

Jul 8, 2016 11:59 AM

Oct 2015
khalifa-alshamsi said:
Why they skipped this part -_-

Lol that smilee you made looked like Puck.
Anyway you're right they missed that fun moment.
Jul 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
lancer35 said:
The people who bashed episode 1 really should be shitting themselves now.
Episode 2 was a straight 8/10, serious enjoyment for any Berserk fan. And the art was quality beautiful straight A stuff.
Not really. All of the action, as well as the torture scene, lacked impact. The only reason this is watchable despite it is because it's Berserk.
Jul 8, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2015
RANT EVERYWHERE LOL

i didn't watch it, and didn't follow berserk either the manga or the first adaptation. but i know what situation this series in currently.
japan, i mean anime industry is getting fucked up currently.
is anime industry one of the black company in japan ?
YizelTroJul 8, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 8, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2009
As much as I love watching the new Berserk adaption, this next episode preview made me lose confidence in the studio doing it.
It's fine if the art style is bad, it's fine if they skip stuff but going anime original is the worst thing you can do.
And the next episode will be just that. FUCK
Jul 8, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
We've been going anime original ever since Isidro showed up in that bar though.
Jul 8, 2016 12:11 PM
Feb 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
A much better episode than the previous one, that for sure. The pacing the series has now is a lot better. The amount of content being skipped is disappointing though. The CGI is still a bit iffy, but it felt better than the previous episode (since the previous episode's fight was in a darker area, making it hard to actually know what's going on). This episode made me realize how big of a retard Farnese was before, haha. Also, we get some "Hai Yo"! Lol, they made Casca look even more white than the previous episode...

By the looks of the PV, they're changing up the setting a little, but the situation may play out the same. But we may not get that certain horse animated...

4/5
i dont appreciate you spoiling things
Jul 8, 2016 12:12 PM
Feb 2015
Kouun said:
bad cg/10

Well, at least we get rape horse next week, that´s good, right?...Right?
thanks for the spoiler. Not annoying at all
Jul 8, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2016
i was confused with ep1 but i think im starting to see the pace there trying to set

ep2 is feeling better pace wise and i like the cg its better than most cg stuff i see in anime, it seems less out of place for me

remember they have only so much screen time no way can they put every detail in the anime so it seems they went for a re-imagination approach and are deviating on some big parts, but you cant expect then to just copy paste the manga cause you have to agree its kinda big and you get the naruto/onepiece 40ep fights and would probably end midway again, which was a abysmal point on the old anime
(not the episode count the ending midway part)

berserk is the only manga i read btw, im more of a anime person. but berserk is special

like i am seeing it its not futile just yet, from here they can either drop the ball or end up a pleasant watch

P.S. the music in this show just wants me to hope this ends up good
Code_EyeJul 8, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Dec 2007
much better then first episode even the pacing was nicer. I would preffer less 3D and more 2D animation though...And i think they will show a lot of stuff in flashbacks....at least i hope...
SalathielJul 8, 2016 12:22 PM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 8, 2016 12:20 PM

Oct 2015
I think I'll be able to forgive a lot of what happens in this adaption, but if they continue to ruin Puck by cutting his hilarious scenes I'm going to be pissed.
Jul 8, 2016 12:22 PM
Mar 2008
watching this is like seeing game of thrones get butchered by a low budget sitcom Tv studio. it hurts :'(
Jul 8, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2015
Vudis said:
As much as I love watching the new Berserk adaption, this next episode preview made me lose confidence in the studio doing it.
It's fine if the art style is bad, it's fine if they skip stuff but going anime original is the worst thing you can do.
And the next episode will be just that. FUCK

Yeah but Miura has written the story so lets let it slide.
Also this looks promising.

Dogs baby!!!
Jul 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2009
kdog1000 said:
We've been going anime original ever since Isidro showed up in that bar though.
We have really not.
It's been mixed together in a weird way but it wasn't anime original.
We just got part black swordsman arc, part start of conviction arc mixed together in one episode.

I honestly think some people should re-read the manga before complaining so much.
Don't mean to attack anyone but if you're complaining about the puke scene or about Guts getting captured because "of a leg injury" like that rant guy in the youtube video on the previous page you need to go and re-read Berserk now.
Even the "tentacle rape" was in the manga.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

989 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.