Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2017 12:34 AM
Aug 2013
Vanschia said:
ALL THE WAIT I'VE BEEN DONE
ALL THE SPOILER I'VE BEEN TRYING TO EVADE

finally I able to see this movie
WORTH IT

OMEDETOU MY FRIEND . . . Good Job :D
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Jul 26, 2017 5:05 AM

Dec 2014
A full year of waiting and I finally got to watch it.

Great movie overall, definitely Shinkai's best work till date but surprisingly enough it's not really up there as one of my favorite movies of all time.

Visually stunning as expected, animation and art were outstanding. Highest amount of praise to that.

Mitsuha and Taki were both likable characters and the body swapping segments were easily the best parts of the movie if you ask me. It was interesting and really enjoyable watching both of them figure out their situations and make the most of the swapped bodies.

The immersive feel of this movie comes from the visuals and outstanding attention to detail in every single little thing rather than the atmosphere itself. While this may by far be the movie's strongest achievement it does fall off slightly in terms of plot progression and development. The mystery/fantasy behind everything is just a plot device and left to speculation, I suppose since that was never the main theme of the movie, you can look over it especially since it was executed well enough. I guess what I really wanted from the movie was more emphasis on Taki and Mitsuha's unique relationship and a better portrayal of them developing feelings for each other. Post the body swapping segments, I didn't really feel as emotional as I was expecting to and the reason to which I can only speculate to be the above. Simply put, I just didn't get the emotional impact I wanted from a movie that was praised so highly for getting people emotional. Not that I didn't feel anything, just that you know I was expecting to cry and stuff. XD

The scene with both of them meeting during Twilight was absolutely beautiful though, and was definitely one of the best parts of the movie.

I'm glad Mitsuha was able to save everyone and I'm super glad that the both of them were able to meet at the end.
The Soundtrack was excellent and I loved all the insert songs.

If I had to put everything in a short sentence, Everything about the movie was really good but apart from the visuals, it isn't exactly amazing. However, the movie remains thoroughly enjoyable and perhaps that is why it succeeds as a movie.

8/10
Lelouch0202Jul 26, 2017 5:10 AM
Jul 26, 2017 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
It was well worth the wait. I've got a mad screenshot collection here; there's so much going on in the movie.
BOOM HEADSHOT
Jul 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2012
Good movie,probably give it somewhere between a high 7 or a low 8.

Think it's more deserving of a 7/10 but if I overlook some plot conveniences/potential plots holes would give this an 8/10.
VanishingKiraJul 26, 2017 10:09 AM
Jul 26, 2017 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Such a humongous hype but in the end I was kinda disappointed. Still a great movie though but far from the greatest anime ever made in my opinion.
Jul 26, 2017 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
After 6 months i get to watch this and although the experience was better in theaters its still great.

Still a masterpiece, one of the greatest romance movies i ever watched.
Jul 26, 2017 1:51 PM

May 2012
I've waiting long for this movie and boy was it WORTH THE F*CKING WAIT! Really impressed by this movie, just completely amazed how this beautiful story with it's excellent art work and animation could impress me this much.

Really loved it from start till end and it really was worth the wait for the Blu Ray Release!

It's certainly been a while since I've been touched this much by an anime, really flabbergasted by how epic it was! I can now really see that it lived up for its expectations and quite worth the #1 spot! 10/10 for sure!
Jul 26, 2017 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
The ending was supremely unsatisfying, but at least it didn't end before they met. It started out strong, but seems overrated to me.
Jul 26, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
IrisBestGirl said:
A good movie. Not perfect but still really good. 10/10

>"good"
>"not perfect"
>"10/10"

Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 26, 2017 4:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Galaxy__ said:
IrisBestGirl said:
A good movie. Not perfect but still really good. 10/10

>"good"
>"not perfect"
>"10/10"
Nothing is perfect. Thus being perfect is obviously not a requirement for being a 10/10 since that'd make the rating pointless. So merely being "really good" is more than enough to warrant giving something a 10, otherwise you never would

Seems perfectly logical to me
Jul 26, 2017 5:38 PM
Jul 2015
Ridiculously overrated, visually and musically a delight, I'm a fan of RADWIMPS now and they surely deserve more credit for the success, overshadowing the messed up plot and tbh I really don't get how it is so highly rated.
Jul 26, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe it's out, i've waited so much for this!
I don't know how to express my emotions in this comment.
It was beyond perfect, i don't need to say anything because this movie speaks for itself.
That ending was amazing! The only "bad" thing is that they didn't show us more of them, i was expecting at least a hug or "i love you" xD
Still, it was amazing to see them together <3 F***, i am so happy omg xD
Definitely, a movie to watch and rewatch again and again. <3
10/10

<3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
I waited for a year for this movie. Didn't read any review or anything. All I saw was 1 trailer.
Then BAM, I saw 2 hours ago.
HOLY SHIT, I have never seen anything quite like it before. It is so freaking good on so many level.
Jul 27, 2017 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Galaxy__ said:

>"good"
>"not perfect"
>"10/10"
Nothing is perfect. Thus being perfect is obviously not a requirement for being a 10/10 since that'd make the rating pointless. So merely being "really good" is more than enough to warrant giving something a 10, otherwise you never would

an "very good" anime gets a 10 from you ? jesus. something has to be amazing, breathtaking, and emotionally awoking to get a 10. "very good" seems like a solid 8.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 27, 2017 1:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Galaxy__ said:
HaXXspetten said:

an "very good" anime gets a 10 from you ? jesus. something has to be amazing, breathtaking, and emotionally awoking to get a 10. "very good" seems like a solid 8.
I didn't say that, but I don't think it's weird if someone would. Not to mention people have different rating systems in the first place. This is just sophistry anyway; like what does "really good" even mean here exactly

Currently I have 27 10s out of 1127 rated anime (~2.4%). That's about 1.4% fewer than you have by the way. So I don't think calling my out for giving 10s too easy is very accurate here. Take that as you will
HaXXspettenJul 27, 2017 1:45 AM
Jul 27, 2017 1:59 AM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Galaxy__ said:

I didn't say that, but I don't think it's weird if someone would. Not to mention people have different rating systems in the first place. This is just sophistry anyway; like what does "really good" even mean here exactly

Currently I have 27 10s out of 1127 rated anime (~2.4%). That's about 1.4% fewer than you have by the way. So I don't think calling my out for giving 10s too easy is very accurate here. Take that as you will

yeah and i think its weird if someone is doing it. so i made fun of it. whats your problem again ?
first of all. the more anime you watch the lower gets the percentage of 10s you have as the overall quality of anime drops that you watch. the 1000-1050s anime wont be as good as the 50-100s anime. so your argument isnt that accurate.
second. i never said you give out 10s too easy.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 27, 2017 4:36 AM
Jan 2014
Good movie, but extremely overrated.

Can't wait for fansubbers to ruin it with obnoxious karaoke popping out of the screen during important scenes.
Jul 27, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2014
definitely is not great movie as people said,but it's watchable.
My problem is there major plothole.
Jul 27, 2017 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
How to get to know, if the movie is really tha good?
If you think about it for next few days after watching it, if you are trying to analyze it and understand it more and more, then it's a sign of pure greatness.
It was epic. The last time when I experienced something like this was probably a Clannad. This is a truly masterpiece experience.
Is it overrated? Hell no. But I'm rather shocked that so many people rated it so high. I guess that many of them didn't fully understand it either, but they rated it high only because of feels.

Ps. No. There is no plot hole at all. Learn about Japanese culture, beliefs and traditions, then watch it again and then comment.
rsc-plJul 27, 2017 1:31 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 27, 2017 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
I just watched this movie 5 min ago, and i dont understand the hype at all. It was good, but it didnt blow me off my feet like Koe no Katachi did.
I gave it a 8/10, and if it didnt have such beautiful visuals, i dont know if i would have given it such a high score. I even thought the first 20-30 min were kinda boring.

Maybe because i saw Koe no Katachi yesterday and got spoiled? Maybe i overhyped it? Dunno, it was good, but hardly a masterpiece in my eyes.
GrimstarJul 27, 2017 2:20 PM
Jul 27, 2017 2:18 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
Ps. No. There is no plot hole at all. Learn about Japanese culture, beliefs and traditions, then watch it again and then comment.

Why do all cringe weebs think nobody outside Japan has heard about thread of fate, shrines and other similar concepts? No, even disregarding all the mystic stuff the plot is still fucking dogshit. The characters are too obnoxious and stupid, and the whole thing is one huge pile of forced mess.
I won't even ask you to give examples because so far nobody who said that ever dared to explain themselves.
Jul 27, 2017 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Aquamirror said:

I won't even ask you to give examples because so far nobody who said that ever dared to explain themselves.

And vice versa. Every cringe elitist is complaining about plot holes, but none of them can't say what exactly is wrong. "it's bad because it's bad". Don't even bother to reply, I don't have a time for arguing with elitists.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 27, 2017 2:37 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
Aquamirror said:

And vice versa. Every cringe elitist is complaining about plot holes, but none of them can't say what exactly is wrong. "it's bad because it's bad". Don't even bother to reply, I don't have a time for arguing with elitists.

Do you even know what "elitist" means? Certainly not "someone who disagrees with me".
> Why did nobody check the calendar?
> How did nobody even knew such big event happened?
> The love between the main characters is contrived and doesn't make sense. They switched bodies and somehow are already deep in love, also never tried to meet eachother.
> The way the town was evacuated reeks of stupid writing.
le boobs
Jul 27, 2017 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
It was pretty damn good. There were some clever moments of editing and absolutely gorgeous visuals. That being said I did have some issues with it, especially in the second half as there were some moments that required quite a bit of suspension of disbelief (
).
Take care of yourself

Jul 27, 2017 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
Getting to watch Kimi no Na wa was an anime experience like no other. Watching it break record after record and reaching #1 on MAL. Seeing it come to the states and for it to not have a screening anywhere near me. Doing my damnedest to go into it as blind as possible. Never listening to any of the OST, managing to avoid spoilers for a movie that everyone was talking about. Patiently waiting for the bluray release... Finally, finally after waiting all this time I got to see this fucking movie!

10/10
Jul 28, 2017 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
Beautiful film, worth the wait.
Jul 28, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't plan replying to you anymore, but whatever.

Aquamirror said:

Do you even know what "elitist" means? Certainly not "someone who disagrees with me".

Yes, people exactly like you

Aquamirror said:

And why they should? I'm never checking the date and calendars. I don't have a calendar at home. One more thing about schools. In my country we didn't write te date anywhere (notebooks, chalkboards, etc). The same goes to Japan.
Oh, and they switched bodies. They woke up in totally different city, met totally new people, and went to totally new places. Checking the date or suspecting timeshift would be in this case the last thing to do.

Aquamirror said:

Huh? Did you even watch the movie? What you are talking about?

Aquamirror said:

> The love between the main characters is contrived and doesn't make sense. They switched bodies and somehow are already deep in love, also never tried to meet eachother.

You mentioned about "red string of fate", but you don't understand the whole context of this. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if you know about it, when you don't understand it.

Aquamirror said:

"I don't like something, so it was stupid"

Yeah, 100% elitist.
rsc-plJul 28, 2017 9:14 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 28, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
I didn't plan replying to you anymore, but whatever.

Aquamirror said:

Yes, people exactly like you

Um no. That's not what elistist means at all.

rsc-pl said:
Aquamirror said:

And why they should? I'm never checking the date and calendars. I don't have a calendar at home. One more thing about schools. In my country we didn't write te date anywhere (notebooks, chalkboards, etc). The same goes to Japan.
Oh, and they switched bodies. They woke up in totally different city, met totally new people, and went to totally new places. Checking the date or suspecting timeshift would be in this case the last thing to do.

It's very natural to notice something is off. You can't just live like that without even realising the events happening around you are from the past. It's enough to look calendars, magazines, tv news.. even your own phone. It took them way too much time to understand the gap. And what they did? They exchanged some cringe teen shit.

rsc-pl said:
Aquamirror said:

Huh? Did you even watch the movie? What you are talking about?

As far as I remember, they needed a photo or some shit to search the place, asking people around. Comet falling and evaporating a village is world news worthy, it was too big of a hussle to find that place.

rsc-pl said:
Aquamirror said:

You mentioned about "red string of fate", but you don't understand the whole context of this. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if you know about it, when you don't understand it.

It could have been used in a lot better ways. That was just too convinient, it just didn't work properly for the way the story was structured to be a romance. Traveling across universes because you were faithed with someone else just don't do it. The mechanics were never actually explained properly and everything relies too much on mythology to makes excuses.

rsc-pl said:
Aquamirror said:

"I don't like something, so it was stupid"

Quite subjective, but it was way too easy and unrealistic. I felt the story tried to stay at least grounded to reality but that was too off and forced. "Hey guys did you know that comet is gonna fall here?" YEP WE TOTALLY BELIEVE IT lets gtfo quick. And some kid uses the system to announce the evacuation while the governing guys run around doing nothing.
And the characters were just too bland. Hardly anything memorable happened in that movie and the ending was just boring. They met HEY! Ok....?

rsc-pl said:

Yeah, 100% elitist.

gropy grope
Jul 28, 2017 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Aquamirror said:

calendars, magazines, tv news..

I don't read newspapers, I don't watch tv, and as I mentioned, I don't have any calendars at home, and about phone - yeah, I can see the date, but not a year. It's definitely possible setting.

Aquamirror said:

As far as I remember, they needed a photo or some shit to search the place, asking people around. Comet falling and evaporating a village is world news worthy, it was too big of a hussle to find that place.

He lost his memories, he felt a spiritual connection with her, but nothing else. He didn't even know where the place (from his drawings) is exactly placed. And it wasn't a photo, but his sketch. They finally arrived in small family restaurant, and the owners recognized what he drawn (and yeah, they couldn't believe that he drawn it without knowing that place).

Aquamirror said:

It could have been used in a lot better ways. That was just too convinient

The whole story is deeply based on this legend (and not only this). You can even see it in first minutes of this movie.

Aquamirror said:

Quite subjective, but it was way too easy and unrealistic. I felt the story tried to stay at least grounded to reality but that was too off. "Hey guys did you know that comet is gonna fall here?" YEP WE TOTALLY BELIEVE IT lets gtfo quick. And some kid uses the system to announce the evacuation while the governing guys run around doing nothing.

If you have a true friends, they will believe you, because they know that they can truly trust you, even if it is something totally unrealistic. And this is exactly what Shinkai wanted to show. He wanted to show in this part of move what a true friendship means.
rsc-plJul 28, 2017 9:45 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 28, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 2017
Hey guys, havent came to MAL in ages and couldnt remember my old account name/email so... new account

Anyway, just watched this movie yesterday and I dont really get it. I really wanted to comment on it since it gets some major praise that I havent seen in a long time for an anime movie.

Its implied that they switch bodies often per week for several weeks, they must go to school and he works on a tight schedule. So I have to wonder... how come they never noticed the dates ? she even look at his calendar and diary of his phone. Both even leaves reports in each other's schedules. there's is often the news on the tv when he wakes up at her grandma's place. Even at school they need a tight schedule and probably mentions the dates and year all the time.

this plot hole just.... destroyed this movie for me. When he went to the village and realize it was destroyed 3 years ago, we start suspecting they are really in a different timeframe but the plot twist doesnt make sense at all. I was sitting on the couch and couldnt believe the plot twist went there without even adressing the situation. I was waiting for some explanation like: they noticed and wrote it in the diary but it was deleting itself and just like the name, they couldnt remember it. but no. nothing. Computers, phones, newspaper, news reports, school schedule, work schedule, theres no way somebody wouldnt notice the year. Just look through the phone... I mean my phone has a big 2017 written all over the apps, calendars, schedule... stuff that both of them were constantly using to keep track of each others schedules and doings. I dont use subways often since I dont live in an area where theres one but I went in vacation last week in a bigger town (Montreal) and took the subway several times , saw several advertisements with the year written on it. there is no way she didnt notice, advertisments in tokyo are way more agressive. its just a convenient plot hole ignored by Shinkai so his movie would 'work'.

And I lost interest in the movie right there. everything after that plot twist had no impact on me. I had not interest knowing the ending. And as surprising the happy ending was since Shinkai never does happy ending, it couldnt reach me at all, only because there is no way they couldnt notice they were 3 years apart. All this for the sake of a plot twist

As for the love story, I could hardly relate and feel something for them. Mizuha was pratically in love with the co-worker girl and Taki was in love with her life, not her personality. So i was surprised to read I love you on her hand because no love story between them was hinted by the movie. The whole movie felt forced. Of course you'll have a strong link with someone that you switch body with and of course everybody would want to meet that other person. But does it have to be love ? Even when this love came out of nowhere ? I was like. oh he loves her... but how ? were missing crucial romance scenes and crucial character development scenes. Instead we got several boob touching scenes that were not necessary (one is enough to serve the story, the rest is just fan service and raunchy bad teen humor.. what was Shinkai thinking ?)

one last thing tho. Where's Tenmon ? the movie needed good music so bad. instead of that, we got average music and bad songs. Tenmon was always a pivotal piece in Shinkai's work. his piano pieces are unforgettable.

Great visuals. Poor story and romance. Major plot holes. Anyone else feels like me ? (havent read the thread yet, I'm a bit frustrated at how the movie treats us and needed to get it out my chest. I dont even dare to question more things in the movie because I feel it will collapse more and more under plot holes galore. this movie is a total mess that dotn even try to explains how the rules works in the logic of its own world)

its an average movie. you just need to not ask questions, turn your brain to off and enjoy the gorgeous visuals. It is vastly overrated. By far the most inconsistent work of Shinkai to date. But its the most accessible.

OmegaZaggyJul 28, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 28, 2017 12:42 PM
May 2017
Aquamirror said:

rsc-pl said:

It's very natural to notice something is off. You can't just live like that without even realising the events happening around you are from the past. It's enough to look calendars, magazines, tv news.. even your own phone. It took them way too much time to understand the gap. And what they did? They exchanged some cringe teen shit.

i have to agree with rsc-pl here. people check the date but hardly ever check the year. did you ever look to your phone to see what year it is? no. plus don't forget that they will forget everything after they wake up. they can only know what happened through diaries that they wrote for each other in phones & notebooks so it's hard to notice somethings are off because basically eveything is off in that time.
Jul 28, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2016
hiepld said:
Aquamirror said:

i have to agree with rsc-pl here. people check the date but hardly ever check the year. did you ever look to your phone to see what year it is? no. plus don't forget that they will forget everything after they wake up. they can only know what happened through diaries that they wrote for each other in phones & notebooks so it's hard to notice somethings are off because basically eveything is off in that time.

Yeah, of course they will forget exactly the most obvious thing just so conveniently. They were moving all around school, work, etc. There's no fucking way to not notice the year is off. Even old information/news are bound to reach you and to realise it's OLD. 3 years is pretty big time to change a lot of things. Or you say they only remember the tits thing?

otterman965 said:
Bla bla bla plot holes bla bla bla. Classic MAL and their hipster culture.

Can't wait for the news when Kimi no Na wa break disc sales record.

I don't think anyone gives a shit how many sales this movie makes tbh. It reached enough billions already.
Jul 28, 2017 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
Great movie.......I knew I had to watch it in highest quality BD. Great visuals but music/OST were lackluster even comparing with Kotonoha no Niwa and 5cm/s.

Anyway, Taki didn't got the job but reunited with Mitsuha, was afraid of them not even meeting/remembering each other. Also, drinking that spit-sake....ewww
Jul 28, 2017 2:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
te]

i have to wait....
Jul 28, 2017 4:13 PM
Jul 2015
it's everyday bro with the plot holes flow, kimi no na wa no 1, haters can burn to hell ;p
Jul 28, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
the plot was weak and predictable as fuck
generous 6/10 for the art and animation
Jul 29, 2017 12:22 AM

May 2014
I can really see why this gets so much praise and has amassed such critical success. I really enjoyed this movie, and I'm glad as fuck it had a happy ending. Easy 10/10 and beyond from me, it really moved me.
Jul 29, 2017 6:38 AM

May 2012
I watched this yesterday, and I do not understand why it is rated too high. It was not that good, and I did not find anything special about it
Jul 29, 2017 6:43 AM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:
hiepld said:

Yeah, of course they will forget exactly the most obvious thing just so conveniently. They were moving all around school, work, etc. There's no fucking way to not notice the year is off. Even old information/news are bound to reach you and to realise it's OLD. 3 years is pretty big time to change a lot of things. Or you say they only remember the tits thing?

The guy is not a detective, just a normal high school student.
They're both moved to a place unfamiliar to them.
Old news, if nothing significant, won't be remembered. I can't even remember much about the news from last year in specific let alone 3 years ago.
Pretty simple to understand if you actually know you're supposed to see things from the characters viewpoint, not from a third person's.
Jul 29, 2017 8:31 AM

Feb 2017
Galaxy__ said:
HaXXspetten said:

Oh sorry about this. My English is terrible so I dont want to write too much, but I truly believe this movie is phenomenal. And I havent seen so many anime, just around 50+, so my taste is not as good as you, it's easier to get a 10 from me. Again, sorry for my shit taste.
Jul 29, 2017 8:55 AM

Feb 2016
otterman965 said:
Aquamirror said:

Old news, if nothing significant, won't be remembered. I can't even remember much about the news from last year in specific let alone 3 years ago.
Pretty simple to understand if you actually know you're supposed to see things from the characters viewpoint, not from a third person's.

Having your characters deliberately retarded doesn't help.
Jul 29, 2017 11:28 AM
Oct 2011
I think there is a plot hole with the date being different. You would definitely notice, especially if you were using technology as much as these teens. It may seem like a nitpick but if you have the balls to make ANOTHER fucking time travel drama then you better make sure everything is perfect. Not just that, but a lot of things are just too convenient to make the plot work. How the mayor conveniently changes his mind at the last minute. How they pretty much remember everything until it's convenient to forget it. and the phone just conveniently deletes its memory... why would that happen? It's easy to say SHINTO GOD DID IT but man, what a cop-out. It's almost as if Musubi is Shinkai himself since every point in the plot revolves around this magic force.
Jul 29, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
Best part of the film was attention to detail. There were some great transition scene cuts, extra details in the background, music cues, etc.

Its a great movie, it lived up to the hype but I believe that there are better movies out there.

Tessie shoulda NTR'd Mitsuha. That would be 10/10 ending would bang again.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:
otterman965 said:

Not really. They're more overwhelmed by the whole body swapping and the life of the others. They didn't expect that the year was also off.

pr0wnage said:
I think there is a plot hole with the date being different. You would definitely notice, especially if you were using technology as much as these teens. It may seem like a nitpick but if you have the balls to make ANOTHER fucking time travel drama then you better make sure everything is perfect. Not just that, but a lot of things are just too convenient to make the plot work. How the mayor conveniently changes his mind at the last minute. How they pretty much remember everything until it's convenient to forget it. and the phone just conveniently deletes its memory... why would that happen? It's easy to say SHINTO GOD DID IT but man, what a cop-out. It's almost as if Musubi is Shinkai himself since every point in the plot revolves around this magic force.

Bet you didn't find it convenient when Fate Zero took Alexander the Great to the present time and made him a Japanese speaker somehow even though he probably never once met a Japanese in his whole life.
Jul 29, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
otterman965 said:
Aquamirror said:

Not really. They're more overwhelmed by the whole body swapping and the life of the others. They didn't expect that the year was also off.

Yeah, too busy groping their tits. You don't need to expect anything, it's obvious as long as you leave your home and meet actual people.

@pr0wnage I almost forgot that, the phone deleting itself is actually another very good point that doesn't make sense and looks forced as fuck.
Jul 29, 2017 3:38 PM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:
otterman965 said:

Yeah, too busy groping their tits. You don't need to expect anything, it's obvious as long as you leave your home and meet actual people.

@pr0wnage I almost forgot that, the phone deleting itself is actually another very good point that doesn't make sense and looks forced as fuck.

As usual, no good argument from the trolls that claimed there are plot holes.
Jul 29, 2017 3:41 PM

Feb 2016
otterman965 said:
Aquamirror said:

No plotholes if you claim magic did it because it definitely makes sense.
Jul 29, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:
otterman965 said:

Everything is explainable. Just because the characters didn't act the way you want to doesn't mean it's a plot hole. The only fact around here is you have no good argument for your claim.
Jul 29, 2017 4:00 PM

Feb 2016
otterman965 said:
Aquamirror said:

Everything is explainable. Just because the characters didn't act the way you want to doesn't mean it's a plot hole. The only fact around here is you have no good argument for your claim.

Human characters not acting human just because the author said so is pretty valid argument.
The disappearing text, explain it pls.
Jul 29, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:
otterman965 said:

Human characters not acting human just because the author said so is pretty valid argument.
The disappearing text, explain it pls.

He's just an average high school student. Not once he is shown as an exceptionally brilliant person. Imagine one of your schoolmate. Yeah, Taki is like him.

Seriously you're asking about that?
They're "connected" by a red string of fate or called musubi in the series. Thus, they must meet at all cost. The problem is, Mitsuha was dead. They couldn't meet anymore and so the body swapping happened. Taki was sent back to 3 years ago when Mitsuha was still alive and Mitsuha was sent the other way. But then that meteor thing happened and Mitsuha died. From then on, their connection shattered. The body swapping thing seemed like a dream. Everything about Mitsuha disappeared from his mind: her name and the conversation with her.
Seriously you're asking about this? Says a lot.
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.