Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Mm and that's how the cookie crumbles.

These dialogues though...deep.
Jul 2, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
Well that was fucking dumb... may this manga rip in pieces...
Jul 2, 2016 7:08 AM

Aug 2011
Eh, I'm starting to like this manga less and less - reminds me of Naruto's final arc.
Jul 2, 2016 7:09 AM
Nov 2015
I die inside. This chapter hurt.
Jul 2, 2016 7:14 AM

Dec 2014
-Autisma falling down after sudoku, Kaneki running to catch him. Well, we did think that they were enhanced humans or something. That actually kind of makes sense, not all ghoul/human babies grow up as ghouls, some are bound to end up more 'human'. They die more quickly, that's a fucked up side-effect. I imagine that that's why they needed Rize, to transplant her kakuhou to the Garden lads so that they don't die from Garden cancer.
>that Itori panel with Ishida's new artstyle
>imagine what sort of lewd things she'd offer to Kaneki for him to share the information Arima just revealed him

-Hmm, so the Washuu are ghouls and they funded those experiments so that they can 'become humans'. Hmm, didn't expect Marude to be so based, he always struck me as annoying. But he surely wasn't stupid. Things are bound to start falling apart after this reveal....but damn Marude, you're the man. Even more based than the panel itself is the fact that he said 'It's just my intuition' from Mado, whom he always treated badly. This must've been hard on Marude, Yoshitoki is his best friend, and he did it anyway, but he still hoped that it would be a normal murder, but it wasn't. It's always interesting how behaviour of ghouls always changes once others find out that they're ghouls. Yoshitoki actually looked like a proper guy, but now he's scary. I don't really understand why he introduced himself as Chika Washuu, but apparently 'chika' and 'toki' (from Yoshitoki) can be both used to pronounce the kanji for his name.

-So Kuzen basically worked for the Washuu's...so that explains the panel in the Anteiku Extermination Arc. When Yoshimura glared at Yoshitoki, and he said that he's just doing his job. Damn, those panels really delivered the feels, some would say that they're too homoerotic though. Really nice symbolism, especially the panel when he tries to reach for Kaneki's cheek, and then in the next panel he's releasing the butterfly he caught a few chapters back. Damn mang....Kaneki is excused for acting like a bitch this time, this was properly sad.
Good night sweet prince.

These reveals kind of didn't feel right, mostly the timing. Atleast the emotion is there. Chapter was really decent.
UltvejJul 2, 2016 7:18 AM
Jul 2, 2016 7:20 AM

May 2015
The grim reaper wished for death more than anyone else T_T Washuu's also legit the new illuminati... Great chapter :D

Jul 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2014
Terminaato said:
Eh, I'm starting to like this manga less and less - reminds me of Naruto's final arc.
Well he is a fan of naruto. And I don't see how this really reminds you of the final arc of naruto.
Jul 2, 2016 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
QUE - -- -- WHAT

THAT'S A QUALITY CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!

I love the fact that Marude was still hopeful that Yoshitoki was a human. That face when Yoshitoki activated his kakugan! No doubt Furuta is one of his descendants.

So we can understand that Arima did not wish to kill the Kirishimas, he just wanted to use them as a nakama power trigger for Kaneki stop the rebellious age.

I want to know how are the Quinx, Eto and the Kirishimas doing in the following chapters!!!!

I can see a Root A-ish ending for this arc. Kaneki joining Aogiri, but this time along with :re crew
Jul 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Aug 2014
That Itachi like retcon to turn Arima into an anti hero failed miserably
Jul 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
I can laugh at the people now who said Arima's death is crap /cry/bitching.

What a chapter this was. So many information about the heads of the organizations who control everything and how much of a shit of piece they are. Ishida knows how to draw to make you hate that person even more. Do not worry Yoshitoki, you gonna be rekt soon enough. You and your clan!

What can i say about the Arima scenes? Beautiful and full of meaning, just as you would expect from Ishida.
It was really sad, but also a moment of happiness for Arima to be finally free from his cruel fate.
NishiouJul 2, 2016 5:14 PM
Jul 2, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
Ishida dropping all those bombshells. Geez the chapter was insane.
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2015
Awesome chapter, whole CCG should be taking a huge turn for the worse now.

On a side note, anyone shipping Touka and Kaneki just got sadder.
Jul 2, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2011
Arima's death was more emotional than I expected, that was so sad, and the Washuu clan are ghouls ? I haven't been that surprised in a while, I don't know what Kaneki will do from now on. What will happen to the CCG ? The next chapter should be interesting.
Jul 2, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2013
What a fucking insane chapter. I'm still speechless...
Almost cried at Arima's death too, and I never felt anything for him.
Jul 2, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2014
WHAT. A. FUCKING. CHAPTER.

God...so many emotions running in my head after this chapter, the revelations, the feels...and the powerful dialogue...honestly i didnt know what to make of Arima offing himself last chap...but after this chap it jus made me love it a gazillion times more!!!...And rest in peace Kishou Arima...*sniffle*sniffle*

Ishihda-sensei you mad genius!!!

Btw guys, I cant find the 10 out of 5 voting option XDXD
MichaelMyers100Jul 2, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2, 2016 7:47 AM

Mar 2015
I still think his death was too early. But, it was beautifully done.
RIP, Grim Reaper.
Jul 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
Washuu was a ghoul clan that fought other ghouls. Probably they wanted to reduce the numbers of human deaths, thats why they wanted the so called "balance". They built V as a secret organization alongside some humans. Later on, they created CCG to alienate the human masses and pretend they are the good guys and all ghouls are bad.

To my mind, the OEK was a stray Washuu that acted as a messiah to the ghouls who were corrupting the "World's Balance". Eto wants Kaneki to become that messiah to Aogiri and other ghouls by becoming the second king.

Ishida is a genious
Jul 2, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe the old Washuu is the one eyed king.

The CCG sure went to hell this time. I am rooting for the bringer of Super Peace.

Jul 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2016
nice chapter,little bit sad,little bit angry kind of both
Jul 2, 2016 8:19 AM
May 2016
So much revelations:
>Arima as well as Hairu and Furuta who raise from the Sunlit garden are failed experiments
>They were breed, a half human, the breed child are not differ to much from human, not all of them have a kagune, and they’re capable of eating normally.
>They have high physical abilities but are aging faster, than the normal because of that Arima got a glaucoma on his right eye.
>Washuu are not just cooperating with ghouls, cause they are ghouls themselves, Yoshitoki reveals himself as a ghoul.
>So trick from gate has finally revealed, investigators from sunlit garden and washuu could easily pass through
>Kuzen worked with the washuu

Arima was already dying because of quick aging. Still he died happily, he finally left something behind, a legacy, which is the investigator he raised and nurtured, Haise, where he feel being human. He wished Kaneki to claimed that he was killed by him. He hate his life, being stole by others, became a killing machine for the benefit of Washuu. He's last words supposed to be 'Haise', but end up only 'Ha...i..' then died. *sobs*
Neo_oeNJul 2, 2016 8:27 AM
Jul 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Well, well well well

By the way I don't understand the critics about this chapter.
Ishida clearly masters this story since the beginning.
Jul 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
i dont want to believe his death. pls.. give me a sec. i ll be alright. see you.
EustassKiddo !
Jul 2, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
So there's no plot armor for the kirishima. Arima was genuinely holding back. Furuta pissed Eto off and how could one expects Eto to stay idle and not disrupt his plan.

Sucks to be you, Touka haters. Your only hope is the washuu going all out to hunt them.

10/10 chapter. A little disappointed that Arima wasn't 100% human but at least he is not weaker than Ken if he wasn't blind. The reason he is passing the torch is because he knew his body couldn't last.
Jul 2, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2011
What... Just happened? Idec at this point. I liked it lol. Didn't see that coming tbh.
Jul 2, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2015
Bruh.....this chapter was brazy
Claim you the homie, I turn into broly
Jul 2, 2016 9:49 AM

Sep 2014
Last week I thought Arima committing suicide was stupid, and the fans in denial trying to justify it by saying, "it was because of his pride" I thought were even more stupid. This chapter's explanation about why he killed himself though was a justifiable one. I find it really questionable however why he would slit his own throat if he intended to talk afterwards...or how he actually managed to have words come out at this point, but whatever.
Jul 2, 2016 10:04 AM
Jul 2016
Too much information in single chapter nd Smart move by Marude. I think he's gonna die.
Jul 2, 2016 10:06 AM

Oct 2013
10/10 chapter, dem feels
Jul 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
Suddenly this makes more sense. No wonder Yoshimura looked mad as fuck.

Jul 2, 2016 10:10 AM
Sep 2013
Bombshell of a chapter.
More information on Half Ghouls and finally knowing what Hairu, Furuta and Arima are. Being failed experiments but also having high abilities and shorter life spans.
So much information and not a panel didn't have an inch of emotion.
Marude looked like such a badass but it was only matter of time for his death flag was raised high when confronting Yoshitoki.
Jul 2, 2016 10:24 AM
Apr 2014
Arima's death was well done
that fucking panel with Yoshitoki
We finally find out what's up with the garden kids and Arima.
Marude is gonnna bite za dusto, didn't expect the Washu to be ghouls, it was obvious that they're partners of V but for them to be ghouls and are experimenting to become human, dang.
Jul 2, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2016
Why Marude didn't used anti-ghoul bullets?
So the ghouls created organisation of ghoul hunters. Not the best idea, since it's impossible to keep such thing in secret forever. I hope Marude is not a idiot and he made some notes about his investigation.

Arima was able to talk with cut throat O_o
BuramituraJul 2, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2, 2016 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
DAIO said:
Last week I thought Arima committing suicide was stupid, and the fans in denial trying to justify it by saying, "it was because of his pride" I thought were even more stupid. This chapter's explanation about why he killed himself though was a justifiable one. I find it really questionable however why he would slit his own throat if he intended to talk afterwards...or how he actually managed to have words come out at this point, but whatever.
He didn't slit his entire throat, he just cut the part holding the carotid artery, so he can bleed out. He didn't sever his vocal chords.
Jul 2, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
So.. can we suppose that Arima is the OEK ?

And what will happen to his body? Kaneki need to eat it.
Jul 2, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2013
Part of me thinks that Arima's suicide is just a red herring and the real "suicide" reported to Urie a few chapters ago is actually Matsuri and Yoshitoki's cover-up for murdering Marude
Jul 2, 2016 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
Eatos6 said:
So.. can we suppose that Arima is the OEK ?

And what will happen to his body? Kaneki need to eat it.

Are you kidding me?
Jul 2, 2016 10:47 AM

May 2012
Holy info dump.

Didn't feel much towards Arima's abrupt death last chapter, but this chapter got a wee bit of a feel outta me.

Wonder what Arima planned to do with placing his death on Kaneki.

Jul 2, 2016 10:50 AM
May 2016
Z4k said:
Suddenly this makes more sense. No wonder Yoshimura looked mad as fuck.

yeah definitely, more because Washuu(V) ordered Yoshimura to kill his wife
Jul 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:
Well that was fucking dumb... may this manga rip in pieces...

Completely disagree. Go back to reading One Piece please
Jul 2, 2016 10:51 AM

Nov 2013

Arcanix should be paid for every member who still falls for his posts.
NishiouJul 2, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:04 AM
Jul 2016
Nuvviveji said:
He didn't slit his entire throat, he just cut the part holding the carotid artery, so he can bleed out. He didn't sever his vocal chords.

I am pretty sure that it's impossible to cut carotid artery with knife and not damage respiratory tract. I am not familiar with ghoul anatomy but i think it's quite difficult to talk when you can't even breathe since the blood just blocking the air in your throat.

Also he could just die any moment from the blood loss, lol.
Jul 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Arima is an one-eyed king. this chapter pretty much confirmed it.
Jul 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
Eto told Furuta that the OEK was inside his belly. So we can imply now that Furuta, Rize, Arima, Hairu, the Twins and Ken have some biological bounds with the OEK.

My guesses are:
>Kaneki is having vision problems due to Rize being also bred.
>Since Furuta was bred when a child, he had more aptitude to Rize's organs, who was also bred, so he is kinda "half-one-eyed-king".
>When Eto told Ken to kill the OEK, she meant killing everyone who had the original OEK's body organs or blood relation, such as Rize, Furuta, Arima etc.
>OEK's kakuhou is being kept at Sunlit Garden.
Jul 2, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
Buramitura said:
Nuvviveji said:

I am pretty sure that it's impossible to cut carotid artery with knife and not damage respiratory tract. I am not familiar with ghoul anatomy but i think it's quite difficult to talk when you can't even breathe since the blood just blocking the air in your throat.

Also he could just die any moment from the blood loss, lol.
Well, that's the only explanation I can give you. Let's just go with it.
Jul 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
why is Arima one-eyed King? lets see... (I am talking ftom Eto's perspective because King doesn't exist in reality. the one who Eto sees as a King is a King.)

1. Eto told Furuta" One-eyed King is in your bellies" hinting that the King was born in Sunlit garden.
2. OEK is supposed to be half ghoul. technically Arima is a half-ghoul
3. OEK is supposed to be strongest. Arima is the strongest
4. OEK should guide ghouls. Arima trained Kaneki(who is going to become a King)
5. Eto asked Kaneki to kill OEK. Kaneki defeated him and became a legendary being who was able to the impossible. he killed a reaper. with this the legend of OEK will become true.

Eto's King was Arima all along. and the two of the made Kaneki stronger so that he could become the true King.
Jul 2, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Anyway with all being said and done... of course the fucking Washuus are ghouls. After all we do need someone strong enough for Kaneki to have a challenge with at this point. They'll introduce the SSSSS rank when the old man fights.
Jul 2, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2016
Bit confused though.... why are the Washuu trying to kill ghouls if they themselves are ghouls?
Jul 2, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2015
Buramitura said:

I am pretty sure that it's impossible to cut carotid artery with knife and not damage respiratory tract. I am not familiar with ghoul anatomy but i think it's quite difficult to talk when you can't even breathe since the blood just blocking the air in your throat..

There are some documented cases of people being able to speak after having their carotid severed. It's as Nuv already stated, if the larynx is still intact, you can still speak, assuming you don't lose consciousness first. 1-3 minutes is plenty of time for Arima to say what he wanted to. ♣

Bleeding from this wound, which cut the carotid artery, was "rapid and massive". Although the victim expired in less than five minutes, he remained able to talk because the larynx was intact.
Jul 2, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2016
That was a rather sad chapter... When Kaneki ran to Arima and cried, I already knew this chapter would get me emotional. :(

But wow...Arima was a half-human. He ate normally and did not have a kagune, but he just had better physical abilities and had a shorter lifespan... The Washuus are ghouls all along.

Arima looked like he was so at peace when that flashback of a younger Arima letting a butterfly go, flew away... Arima is finally free. :)

I look forward to seeing what happens when people hear that Kaneki murdered Arima.

I'm so glad lots of information was told this chapter.
Jul 2, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2010
Unfortunately, instead of giving him a proper death chapter, like he did with Q's Shark guy whose death was the best so far in RE, Ishida used Arima's death for an abrupt info dump.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.