Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
It had an interesting concept, I thought the whole past traumas taking on physical form and having to accept them was quite enjoyable. It just didn't transfer well onto the show itself, probably because of the unnecessary amount of secondary characters, but I'll give it a 7/10 for trying something different and for keeping me entertained.
Jun 18, 2016 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
Some clown on Anime News Network gave this an A in his review, I don't know what show they were watching but this was garbage.

Its a monument to terrible writing. It didn't help by not having a group of unlikable characters. The concept was certainly interesting but in the end it was a mess.

4/10
Jun 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
ah, I didn't think the end was so bad. the show was somehow generic with the "overcoming psychological scars" stuff but I don't know exactly why, it captivated me. also, one thing they've done well: the cliffhangers that kept us coming back every week.

imo, the characters who stood out were THE BUS haha it's gone though so much amirite? the bus driver, mitsumune, hayato, masaki and valkana (wish he would've returned), plus the cute friendship of nanko, maimai and lion (best girls).<3 the others are mostly silly or bland.

a 6/10 sounds ok, the show had its good moments.
Jun 18, 2016 1:22 PM

Oct 2009
tfw when your bff is a tulpa which you created in mind. lol. why no one talk about Lion and Nanko cute hug at the end </3 idk why people hating on wasted potential and shit i mean the idea of that show was quite interesting and innovating.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jun 18, 2016 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
a very disappointing ending i must say or maybe a trainwreck ending ? seriously, i really dislike at how they end this series. it's like they were so fcking lazy to think about how to ended this series so they just did it randomly.

what i dislike in this finale is not only cuase the ending and the after credit scene, i dislike at how they just put a sudden backstory and POINTLESS characterization to Koharun. i mean, they made her acting like a bitch and suddenly just made her cry and put a backstory right after she was acting like a bitch. i mean, that was way way way way way too rushed. no, it was beyond rushed. i don't even know if they are really want to make an anime or just want to make an anime because of money.

Overal series, it was a very meh anime imo. i can't say it's bad because i kinda enjoyed the first 5 or 4 episode. but afterwards, it was getting pretty messed up and.....yeah.....

tbh, this show has a really high potential to be a great horror show but they just rushed everything, skip many backstory and characterization which is the important thing in this kind of story, and even the fact about Nanaki is kinda weird imo. 6/10 for this anime or more spesifically 5.8/10

i'm very disappointed tbh. i thought this show was gonna be a great one but....
seriously.....i really want to see this anime if they made it into a 3 or 2 cour anime and put the characterization and backstory more slowly so that people can sympathize with the character and understand what they feel. and slowly put the main plot together with it, with a logical/realistic fact about Nanaki.

seriously m8, when it come to horror story, japanese is so bad at it imo. i really wish they at least improve it a bit or stop making this kind of story, because imo, it's very weird and kinda hard to understand. and btw, i has a fav girl character from this anime, but unfortunately the girl stayed in Nanaki. it's Lion. and it's very unfortunate that she only got a bit or backstory.

and no one die.......
Jun 18, 2016 1:41 PM

Nov 2015

This episode screams "This is the last episode guys, let's wrap this up!"
If all the other episodes felt rushed this one wins because everything happens just because.
Koharun's motivation, all she did because of daddy's sake or the whole nanaki thing, I don't buy anything.

The ending was so anti-climatic, it felt like "What? this is it?"

It's a shame because the series could have been so much better. What a wasted potential.
In the end we get a group that leaves and other group that's too lazy to go (and Koharun).
After episodes of blaming Mazaki of being the mastermind and then she's not, nobody cares about it anymore, but Koharun is the mastermind (?) and... well, nobody seems to care.
And Valkana stays just because he wants to bang Koharun, which we all know is looking towards to that.

Oh well, it was entertaining enough to keep me watching it 12 weeks, so I'll give it that.
Maybe 5-6/10? Seems fair.
Jun 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2013
I knew this was gonna suck and I'm so glad I gave up after seeing just half of episode 2. This confirms ity hahahahahahaa!!!!!!!! Fuck this anime! I'm surprised at the amount of people that actually bothered to stick with this piece of shit.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Nov 2014
I'm tempted to give this a 10000000/10. The amount of mess in this show is pretty awesome.

Watching this show alone has left me a new psychological scar. I wonder what form it'll take if I visited Nanaki Village... Maybe a clones of everyone? I mean, who wouldn't want having two girls shouting 'shoukei' everytime?
Jun 18, 2016 2:25 PM
Jan 2016
Disappoiting ending to a disappointing show. Unlucky hippopotamasu song was good tho.
Jun 18, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
8/10
Very interesting show. I don't care about others, I just liked it.
People expected gore, but they didn't see any gore, so most of them complaining about it.
I'm very glad that it wasn't a gore show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 18, 2016 2:53 PM

Aug 2015
It was a pretty good ending considering its Mayoiga... That being said, I actually enjoyed this episode. It does feel messy, and had many loose ends but that's exactly how the rest of the series was~ My favorite part was seeing Jack smile and Lovepon not yelling execute every time she talked. Also Mitsumune's nanakis where pretty cute.

At first I felt very disappointed to see this anime was nothing like I hoped it would be, but it kept me very entertained. Going to miss it a bit next week.
Jun 18, 2016 2:54 PM
Apr 2014
Wow this became even more ridiculous than just Koharun being evil. She being the daughter of that researcher is increasing the stupidity of the story to the next level. Never thought I'd say this about the anime but it really deserves the score it has. Maybe even a lower one... Man they could have done so much more with the setup they built and this is what they chose -.-

Well at least Mistumune's development was kinda enjoyable. The song at the end was good for a chuckle, too. But this anime was a big disappointment all in all. Didn't expect that after the nice start.
Jun 18, 2016 2:55 PM

Dec 2012
*Facepalms*

Well, this was a horrible ending. The Barba Family was a TV hit 40 years fucking ago. Excuse me for not seeing it coming.

Random gif for fun:

/di ent
Jun 18, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
HO BOY!
It finally ended! I'm pretty sure this anime is my nanaki.
When Hayato climbed his nanaki the only thing in my head was the opening music from digimon.
They tried so hard to pull off a Silent Hill/LOST but failed so miserably, it was sad.
I still don't understand what they were thinking. It was such a mess...

3/10
If it was not for Mitsumune's new nanaki being adorbs, Maimai+Leon+Nanko BFF's hug and the overall comedy it was going to be 1.

Jun 18, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2015
This was a pretty funny comedy.
Jun 18, 2016 3:27 PM

May 2010
As bad as Another.
Jun 18, 2016 3:31 PM

Dec 2014
Another was actually good.....

though the ending in this one seemd weak
Jun 18, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2015
i actually enjoyed this show
i pretty much watched it in one go
rather then waiting so the lame start didnt bother me that much.

and i watched some rly fucked up anime that i just droped after 4-5 episodes or even 10
but this one didnt make me and overall i enjoyed it.
the mc is annoying at the beginning but after a few episodes he's not that annoying and you relate more to the mc rather then the people with him.

so overall i enjoyed this anime
so 810 from me

not close to be a "horrible" or "bad" anime
but i kinda understand why there is people who didn't like it espacially if they waited for each episode every week
Jun 18, 2016 4:10 PM

Aug 2015
Rushed ending with piss poor romance included. Ended up dropping this back to a 5/10.
Jun 18, 2016 4:22 PM

Jul 2015
It's a-gore-able . Idk why this this line made me smile a bit.
Ending is a little bit dissapointing ,but it was just like all the episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
3.5/10. Only decent character was Nanko.
Jun 18, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2014
I know what we're all thinking. When are we getting a Lovepon spinoff series?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 18, 2016 5:50 PM

Sep 2015
I love this show .. 9/10 but When I want to defend it ,, what can I say about MC-kun? Too bad he's the reason that anime isn't a masterpiece
Jun 18, 2016 7:13 PM
Nov 2012
There's just one thing I could say about this anime: it was as good as Glasslip. I guess who've watched that "thing" will know what I mean.
Jun 18, 2016 7:24 PM

Apr 2015
This is by far the worst anime I've ever seen in my life. 2/10 for the good cliffhangers
Jun 18, 2016 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
It was not amazing but i would not mind a little ova to see what became of the characters. 6/10
Jun 18, 2016 8:16 PM
Dec 2015
Muqta-chan said:
I love this show .. 9/10 but When I want to defend it ,, what can I say about MC-kun? Too bad he's the reason that anime isn't a masterpiece

LOL. It's everything else, for the reason why this show is utter garbage. Best comedy of the season, because of how horrible it is, lol.

My gosh this anime is by far, the worse anime I've ever seen.

Hayato was such a trashy character. There was also the Stupid MC, should have just left him there to die. HE WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU, YOU NITWIT. Hayato is a cockblocker. All these characters were horrible and stupid. The creator tries to make us "feel" for the characters, but FYI, you can't "feel" for trashy characters. Flat characters. This show would have been a 10/10 if they killed all the characters off. Just saying.

Whoever thought up of the story of Mayoiga. Please. When you/If you ever make another anime-original, think of characters that AREN'T flat and trash, think of a story where you know how it will be EXECUTED, and stop with the huge cast. Half of episode 1 was wasted on irrelevant characters.

LOL, wait until you see Mayoiga selling less than 1k copies when the DVD's come out.

This show is even worse than Guilty Crown, and that's saying A LOT.

Nothing memorable. It will be the trash of 2016.

Charlotte was even better executed than this trash we call Mayoiga.

I went into this show thinking "Dibs on the best anime of Spring 2016", and I'm coming out of this show saying "This was utter trash".

There's really nothing else to say. Utter trash. Garbage. Horrid. Disgusting. Mayoiga. All the same things. Nothing could fix this train wreck.

I'm laughing at anyone who even rates this episode, or this series in general, higher than a 6/10, when it's utter garbage. Please go watch any other anime, and I can assure you, it'll be better than this trash.
Jun 18, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2010
Wow. I can't believe fucking nothing happened in pretty much the entire show.
Jun 18, 2016 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
karlstein12 said:
Apart from the pilot episode which was pretty decent, the rest were all terrible. It didn't even feel like it was the same show, with pretty much everything declining greatly from the first episode. Has to be one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

I am in the same camp. I was absolutely sold on the first episode and it only got worse from there. I actually laughed and said out loud "Is that it?" after I finished the episode. This series was so atrociously directed. All 2 of the points I give this show go to the art staff because they didn't have a choice in what they were making.
Jun 18, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
karlstein12 said:
Apart from the pilot episode which was pretty decent, the rest were all terrible. It didn't even feel like it was the same show, with pretty much everything declining greatly from the first episode. Has to be one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

I totally agree with this.
Jun 18, 2016 10:02 PM

Dec 2015
Another show with potential that ended up being a huge let down. Don't know what was worse this or Big Order
Jun 18, 2016 10:10 PM
Sep 2015
Huh it ended? Whaaat? Thats it? O.o
Jun 18, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2015
KurugayaTennouji said:
Muqta-chan said:

LOL. It's everything else, for the reason why this show is utter garbage. Best comedy of the season, because of how horrible it is, lol.

My gosh this anime is by far, the worse anime I've ever seen.

Hayato was such a trashy character. There was also the Stupid MC, should have just left him there to die. HE WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU, YOU NITWIT. Hayato is a cockblocker. All these characters were horrible and stupid. The creator tries to make us "feel" for the characters, but FYI, you can't "feel" for trashy characters. Flat characters. This show would have been a 10/10 if they killed all the characters off. Just saying.

Whoever thought up of the story of Mayoiga. Please. When you/If you ever make another anime-original, think of characters that AREN'T flat and trash, think of a story where you know how it will be EXECUTED, and stop with the huge cast. Half of episode 1 was wasted on irrelevant characters.

LOL, wait until you see Mayoiga selling less than 1k copies when the DVD's come out.

This show is even worse than Guilty Crown, and that's saying A LOT.

Nothing memorable. It will be the trash of 2016.

Charlotte was even better executed than this trash we call Mayoiga.

I went into this show thinking "Dibs on the best anime of Spring 2016", and I'm coming out of this show saying "This was utter trash".

There's really nothing else to say. Utter trash. Garbage. Horrid. Disgusting. Mayoiga. All the same things. Nothing could fix this train wreck.

I'm laughing at anyone who even rates this episode, or this series in general, higher than a 6/10, when it's utter garbage. Please go watch any other anime, and I can assure you, it'll be better than this trash.

Hayato became trash because of the MC ( I still can't spell his name right) , Masaki is annoying too , the ending wasn't good , many things aren't explained , but this show was ENJOYABLE
Jun 19, 2016 12:14 AM

May 2015
Rei366 said:
@Kennyramroop If you mean the video inserts on MAL episode pages, you should first test if your phone can watch Daisiki/Crunchyroll videos directly from their websites. I don't think it works, but if you want maybe Crunchy has an Android program for it.
edit: several simulcasted shows don't have the video inserted for their last aired episode.

@Astor_Reinhardt You have a weird definition of horror, probably twisted by the abundance of slasher and other "Z/B" movies.

I still don't understand why people would "bash" this show for its "lack" of corpses or blood and violence. Things like Dark Water, Ring, Grudge (from their US names) are well-known contemporary japanese horror stories and almost no one sheds a pearl of blood. (in french, we would say "épouvante" rather than horror I think)

You defined horror right...and this show isn't horror. I was not shocked, frightened or had feelings of repulsion or loathing. It was not eerie or frightening.

Thus...it wasn't horror to me. Didn't come close save for some of the music. The music was the only thing in this anime they did right...
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
Jun 19, 2016 12:40 AM

Dec 2015
@Astor_Reinhardt Good. Now, I think the horror label put on this series might be the work of the West. Did the creators really classified it as "horror"? I doubt it. (maybe "thriller", and even about that I'm not sure)
Jun 19, 2016 1:21 AM

May 2012
The biggest mystery of this anime for me is who the hell will buy the DVDs or Blu-rays? Who would want to watch this shit again?

Horrible anime, the story is dumb and the characters are the lamest i saw in quite a while.

The end was bad, but that was to be expected given how everything else was garbage.

3/10
KaeUBWJun 19, 2016 1:35 AM
I despise woke people.
Jun 19, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2012
Kinda underwhelming ending. This entire show had a lot of potential but I feel that it didn't live up to it. The concept itself was pretty interesting though. 5/10 overall.

Would rather watch a BL about Hayato x Mitsumune.
Jun 19, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2016
having the supernatural tag would explain a lot...
Jun 19, 2016 2:54 AM
Apr 2013
Great troll from Diomedea. I truly enjoyed this garbage from start to the end.
Jun 19, 2016 3:02 AM
Mar 2012
Wow last 2 episodes actually make sense, like tying up garbage with a butterfly knot.
Speedstar commands his pokemon titan, then gets eaten to "become one".
Mitsumune x Speedstar went from uke seme to a stronger "equal friendship", with nice music.
Koharun the real witch is daughter of exposition god. Points for villain with a reasonable motive, she wants to manipulate & sacrifice em all to save her daddy.
But daddy dun care.
Reiji exposition man #2 & Masaki's imaginary friend.
Aww MC's 2nd Nanaki agorable furball.
Angel Beats happens.
Can't leave yourself behind, it'll attack u.
Dahara still trash.

Lion, Nanko & Maimai trio hug was cute. Hat guy & leg girl flirt all the time, that leaves Lion #foreveralone in the chart. Lion even implies at 19:50 she stays because they won't leave her like reality (besides escaping from her miko fortunetelling job with death threats).
bastek66 said:
Japan made this chart

Mitsumune x Speedstar the best ship with hippo song was probably the perfect ending, lol, even s2 sounds possible. Some interesting sides like Valkana, Koharun, Yottsun, God etc. Lots of waste tho, like 2/3. One advantage allows lots of chaotic comments & arguments mirroring the plot, but suits well during comedy. The concepts are interesting, especially like how no one dies when we expected bodies to pile, tho lots of poor man's angel beats. Episodes are never boring, but often quite chaotic with retarded characters... so it's somewhere between 1-8/10.
Jun 19, 2016 3:48 AM

Sep 2014
Aah at least everything makes sense in the end.. Nobody kinda had evil intentions and just went to village for their own sake , well unless It's Koharun but it's for research's sake.

Seems like Yottsun will stay loyal to his God for a long time now , And I'm happy that some of characters actually went back , what will be for others , will they disappear ? - As we saw in first episode noone was in the village but it felt like people were there not so long ago. So if a new crew comes what would they find..

Show if pretty watchable and not that horrible for me.. Idea was pretty nice also .. will give 5-6/10
Jun 19, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2015
I was captivated by this show from the first episode but the ending left me with a disagreeable feeling. And my 'favorites' of the cast was split between who stayed and who left...
Also is it just me missing something, or was the audio out of sync with the animation?
Near the end of the episode, was when the audio/video was out of sync, where you would hear a man's voice while a woman's mouth moved on screen and vice versa.
PastPerfectionJun 19, 2016 4:53 AM
Jun 19, 2016 5:46 AM

Nov 2014
Meh. Big Order was worse than this.

But for real, Hayato is the only thing that kept me watching this.
And I hope he truly did change in the end.
Jun 19, 2016 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
So all that was just coz Koharu didn't want her dad (doctor) to keep growing older, so she wanted to use others traumas to find his lost dad's nanaki...
This show was a disappointment... 5/10
Jun 19, 2016 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
Bad. Very bad. This was decent in the beginning. Had it at 7/10 most of the time. But starting from when he woke up in hopital it got worse.

If they did at least something with afterlife or people in coma.

But that ... the worst and boring I could imagine. Koharun the old guys daughter ... lol. Feels like the intended to make a lot of twists/stuff in the last episode. But it was pretty boring. No one died. They evens stayed in the village.

5/10 final score. Went down by 2 because of the bad last 2-3 episodes. Still at the beginning it was okay and not that bad. There was motivation to watch the next episodes. But I had to force myself to watch the last episode. :D
Jun 19, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2015
I have a single word to describe this anime:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????

What was that ending? How did they get out? How did they know that Masaki got out when Reiji disappeared? Why do they sing that stupid song? WHY, WHAT, WHO, WHY?????
Jun 19, 2016 7:40 AM

Jun 2015
F*ck it...

strong 1.
Jun 19, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
Rushed, boring and absolutely disappointing but what else is new...

Jun 19, 2016 8:00 AM

Sep 2015
I'd stopped thinking this had any potential to be decent after the third episode, and yet that ending still managed to surprise me by being absolutely awful and anticlimactic. I'm almost impressed it managed to be so bad despite my already non-existant expectations.

2/10, glad it's over.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 19, 2016 8:39 AM
Jan 2015
I watch the entire episode thinking it was 13 ep series, when the credit began I started suspecting it was the finale. What a mediocre ending, but at least there was the crazy hippopotamus song
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.