Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2016
Hating that cliffhanger.. Good episode though
Onei
May 29, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2006
For those who thought this episode was pointless, well it kinda is... Like what class 1-A said in an earlier episode, this is a school after all, with normal things Slice Of Life stuff like this.

Some note-worthy points:
1) Iida really looks up to his brother, Ingenium (prob season 2 plot)
2) All Might is getting weaker
3) All Might used up his time limit, hence he's not participating in the rescue training.

Other minor facts:
* Iida was universally recognised by the class as President
* Bakugou is the only person who Midoriya told about One For All
* The media are really really annoying. PR concerns are a part of real life after all

Hoping the episodes after this are all action-packed. If this season doesn't end with a bang, it'll be hard to justify the hype to anime-only viewers...
cardinMay 29, 2016 7:25 AM
May 29, 2016 8:18 AM

Feb 2015
So this was basically a gap episode, building up to the next one. Due to the nature of it, it was weaker than most previous episodes. But the pacing was good and I'm looking forward to the next one.
May 29, 2016 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
That cliffhanger tho...
Can't wait for the next episode!
May 29, 2016 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Iida is the Class Rep!

We got some troubles at the end!
May 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was quite something, a bit slow on the action but the way class works in their academy made the episode fun. Yeah, I think even the media is interested in the students more than expected

Deku also gets a bit modified of his hero outfit.
All Might still awesome as ever. Nice to see more of the staff members and setting of the school :D

I love how you're able to post these awful descriptions of episodes because you don't understand raw but you delete people who post discussions who actually understand what they're watching. Then you go on and post your discussion 5 minutes later simply because you want to be the first to post. You're kinda sad tbh dude.

edit: Here are the things you didn't understand because you simply want to have this ego.

First off, it is not Deku's modified costume, it is his P.E costume that he has to wear till they fix his old one.

The media is not interested in the students, they are interested in All Might.

But hey at least you got to create the discussion right?
Previously: BlueXRam
May 29, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 2014
Another slow, boring episode of a slow, boring show.

Deku continues to be one of the most unlikable shonen protagonists I've come across.

"Don't worry guys next week he's gonna man up! I swear he won't be a shaky crybaby much longer!" - manga readers, every week.

9 episodes in and the kid still turns into a stuttering shaky mess every time someone looks at him.

It's like if the MC of Watamote became a shonen protagonist. Except in her case it's enjoyable to watch because her awkwardness is the whole point of the show and the comedy.
May 29, 2016 9:54 AM
May 2015
Someone knows the name of the music that played during Lida's speech? I loved that song.
May 29, 2016 10:18 AM

Mar 2015
Lida sounds like "leader". Coincidence? I think not.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 29, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
GaryMuffuginOak said:
Lida sounds like "leader". Coincidence? I think not.

It's 'Iida' not 'Lida'.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 29, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
A wild villain has appeared. Go, Pikachu heroes!
Bernkishi07May 29, 2016 10:35 AM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 29, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
Kacchan is being teased XD...So adorable~ haha.

Deym!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

May 29, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
The art looked worse than the others episodes. I guess they do that since that was a transition episode (except for the ending when the villains appears).

Aizawa and Iida are best boys so far. Want to see the villains in action the next week.
May 29, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2016
That cliffhanger..
May 29, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
Finally something exciting is about to happen at the end of the episode.
Already 3/4th over. Wonder if anyone dies in this series and it gets more dramatic
May 29, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2013
i hope we get a second season as there still much more they can use
May 29, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Good ep first half was kind of boring.. It will not come to the tournament it'll end a lot sooner ! :/
May 29, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun to see everyone interacting with each other. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
May 29, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2016
Boku no Hero Ep. 9 was nice! I like how the classmates get to know each other better! Tsu-chan is amazing tbh! Poor Kacchan but I think it’s the best for him to learn that he isn’t the best and coolest Hero on Earth yet. Iida was cool and I like fangirling/fanboying Deku and Uraraka (Doesn’t she have a shorter nickname because I always forget her name!) Cliffhanger made me excited for next week!
May 29, 2016 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
yeah....i agree. class representative should be iida xD fits more than midoriya imo.
overall, it was a very good episode imo. first half was okay, the second half, things was getting more serious and somehow, the second half reminds me of X-men especially X-men apocalypse. and as always, they always made a cliffhanger which always killing me. can't wait for the next episode! XD
May 29, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2014
So the villains appear during rescue training

Hi there
May 29, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2015
Pretty good episode, the soundtrack is really good.
Not so happy about that cliffhanger but oh well. Looking foward for the next one!! :)
May 29, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2014
Aoi Yuki should just stick to tsundere characters, because she cant pull it off as other type of characters.

The Tsuyu scenes were far better in the manga.

Iida was the star of this episode.

I had no idea they had Dragon Ball Super animators working in BNHA, or Shigaraki recruiting Slender Man.

May 29, 2016 1:22 PM

Oct 2015
Finally getting to the good stuff, sad that we'll have to wait for (hopefully) season 2 for my favourite arc though. MORE TODOROKI AND TSUYU TO COME I AM SO EXCITED.

Art was a bit dodgy this episode, hopefully its so they can put a lot more budget into the ending episodes.
May 29, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2012
The president's voice is absolutely perfect.
.................................................................................
May 29, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2015
FInally something interestin happened. Can't wait :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Nov 2014
finally, an episode that wasn't bogged down by the slow pacing. this episode was far from filler or gap. it didn't have action (so what?) but it expanded on the themes of this series, and did very good characterization with bakugou (at last).

I wish the art was better. I don't like most shot compositions which is a big con.
May 29, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2015
ttcchen said:
I wonder how the anime is gonna adapt shiragaki's creepy look (yes that infamous one that scared the shit out of everyone)

It STILL scares the shit outta me
May 29, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2016
It was a good episode, i liked it more halfway towards the end.

Sad that it'll end soon though.
May 29, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
man loved the episode !

looking forward to the next chapter !

Finally we will get the chance to see real villains

I'm curious about how they are going to adapt the upcoming battle.
May 29, 2016 2:48 PM
Feb 2013
SchwartZero said:
So... How does that guy eat? He's obviously covering his own nose, so nasogastric intubation is a no-go.

Actually, how does he BREATHE?!

The hands aren't a part of his body. They're completely removable. In fact, as far as I can tell they aren't even a part of his quirk. He just has them there because... we don't actually know why. Possibly because he's just a total freaking psychotic lunatic.
May 29, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2014
I don't think 13 episodes will even scratch the surface, hope s.2 comes, if not for the fall season, than at least for winter.
May 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was great. Not any action this time, but all the characters in this show are just so likeable that episodes like this are a welcome addition when we get to see more of them in their daily UA lives. Tsuyu finally getting some solid dialogue was extremely nice. She's cute in the weirdest way.

Lol at Bakugo being teased and Deku's disbelief. Also surprised Iida didn't get any initial votes for class rep but the got his deserved spot in the end. Momo is probably the best true leader of the class but Iida just has that personality about him.

Also, this was definitely my favorite part of the episode.
I love when subtle little events happen in the background that aren't referenced. It makes it that much funnier when the viewer notices it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
LordPerucho said:
Aoi Yuki should just stick to tsundere characters, because she cant pull it off as other type of characters.

Are you kidding? Aoi Yuuki is one of the best young VAs there is right now. She has one of the largest ranges of character types that she's voiced despite having a short career. You can say you don't like her voice, but that's nobody's fault but yours. She's absolutely killing it as Tsuyu. She's basically half-human and half-frog after all, and her voice nails that fusion perfectly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2016
I loved it this episode...
May 29, 2016 4:06 PM

Nov 2014
guys don't feed the trolls. believe in mha. i know for a fact that great series will shine anywhere. mha may seem "generic and cliche" like some may say, but just have patience and wait until 2nd season when the tournament arc rolls in, where the characterization was shown full-blown, then mha will truly shine.

i mean look at erased. when it's a manga, no one cares. but when the anime came out, it became super popular and rose to rank 20 in a few weeks. good series will get their time to shine. you just gotta wait patiently.
May 29, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2016
It was better than the previous episode.
Iida being the class leader was really the best choice!
Such a cowardice the villains showing up at a class with a lot of students, but they're villains, right?
Can't wait for the next episode!!
May 29, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2009
And they end it like that. Man, I don't want to wait the week for the next episode!
May 29, 2016 8:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Yay for Tsuyu getting more lines!

Don't worry Momo, I still love you.

Overall this was an ok episode, just not much going on besides the lead up to the battle with the villains, which I guarantee is going to be incredible.
May 29, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
All Might is getting weaker...
Uraraka was like "omg i hope they don't discover that i voted for Izuku, it wasn't me" xD
That ending! Damn can't wait to see how are they going to defeat them, and how will they use their abilities against a team of villains.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
was waiting for this but of course they end it when it starts to get good, voicing really does add to the characters 13 sounding like a space man like he should.

quality wasn't up to par faces looked kinda weird at time budget saving is all i can take from it.
May 29, 2016 9:50 PM

Apr 2013
looks like the show is going to end on this arc, I already can't wait for the s2 announcement, hopefully it's not too far off
May 29, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
They ask him about All Might and he says he isn't here today. Aizawa Sensei trolling.
They gonna decide on a class representative, I think the big oppai nice bawdy girl who got in by recommendation will be the one.
Oh ok mah man Midoriya is the one! and that big oppai nice bawdy girl who got in by recommendation is the deputy class rep.
YES the villains are moving now, I've been waiting to see them do shit.
It was the media. ;_;
Yeah Iida is best best fit for the position or that big oppai nice bawdy girl who got in by recommendation. These 2 best for class rep.
Slow paced episode, it feels a bit long.
Look at Uraraka nodding her head aggressively at Garbageman Thirteen.
YESSSS THE VILLAINS ARE HERE FINALLY!!!!!
Decent episode 3/5
May 29, 2016 10:41 PM

Feb 2015
BLmatsu said:
I have to agree with CC9ers. I admit i'm biased towards her (she's so goooood). But in fact, until I read your comment I didn't realize Tsuyu was voiced by Yuuki (and I listen to her a LOT). This just proves she's even more talented and has a much bigger range than I previously thought

Same here. I didn't know Tsuyu as Aoi Yuuki until LordPerucho mentioned it and then I looked it up to double check. The same thing happened to me when watching Overlord and I found out after the fact that she voiced Clementine. Really great range.
May 29, 2016 11:02 PM
May 2016
This a fun episode, finally a tough fight will start next episode. Also, few more episodes its gonna end. I hope the 2nd season will gonna be released soon.
May 29, 2016 11:11 PM

Dec 2014
there will be a second season? I thought they may not make one!!
May 29, 2016 11:14 PM

May 2015
I loved all the character interactions in this episode. Iida is definitely a natural leader. And the whole class supported him being the class representative. Izuku wouldn't have been good at it at all. I'm really starting like Tsuyu. Her straightforward comments are great. She's also perceptive, and was able to see the similarities between Izuku and All Might's Quirks. I wonder if she'll ever confirm her suspicions? And the villains at the end was a nice cliffhanger. That hand guy just has too many hands.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
May 29, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
Wow this is getting real; the class is facing real opponents from the get-go
May 30, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2011

Oh I knew that villain scene felt off. WHERE WAS THE SINISTER-NESS OF THE MANGA!?

I don't think it would've been that hard to do a close up and animate them walking outta of the darkness. Maybe they're saving budget. :/

Oh well, I lol'ed at Kacchan for getting teased. XD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

296 by TheVistrian »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

261 by TheVistrian »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.